Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Legend of Spyro and Classic Spyro ranting
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Legend of Spyro and Classic Spyro ranting [CLOSED]
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#1 Posted: 14:00:42 02/05/2010 | Topic Creator
Disclaimer: This is where you put foward your own opinions, and is therefore a dicussion. No forcing your own opinions on others. If you put foward an opinion, explain.

In my Opinion, I think Legend of Spyro is a great big mess. Overloaded with poor characters, boring gameplay and one of the worst Mary-sue I have ever heard of, Cynder.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#2 Posted: 15:23:25 02/05/2010
Quote: Whitedragon
Disclaimer: This is where you put foward your own opinions, and is therefore a dicussion. No forcing your own opinions on others. If you put foward an opinion, explain.

In my Opinion, I think Legend of Spyro is a great big mess. Overloaded with poor characters, boring gameplay and one of the worst Mary-sue I have ever heard of, Cynder.

Agreed
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#3 Posted: 15:58:48 02/05/2010
Yes, I agree too.

A New Beginning was so boring, The Eternal Night was such bad lack of gameplay which made it hard, Dawn of the Dragon was so cheesy and corny, and was also like A New Beginning and The Eternal Night mixed together.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#4 Posted: 17:14:34 02/05/2010
I used to like LOS, but I always thought the classics were better. ANB and TEN were linear, boring and repetetive. I was super excied for DotD and loved it the first time through *shame*. But after I settled down, shed the excitement of a new Spyro game, and began to think about the game and examine it with the help of other Dark Spyro users, I realized its many unforgivable flaws.

What flaws? A painfully mopey Spyro (He had EVERYTHING to fight for!!!), a Cynder with a poor personality (she's sassy and a bit of a b*tch, when she should be humble, a little guilty, with the right amount of strength), a cannon relationship that I can't stand (It's the love for Cynder that made Spyro such a wimp, and he seems to care more for Cynder than Sparx), too mutch button mashing, boss fights with no form of strategy (True, in the originals you just ran around, tried not to die and attacked at the right time, but it was FUN! In ANB ans TEN, you just beat on the bosses as you see fit, save for the Ice King and Arboric. Addmitedly it got a bit better in Dotd, like when you had to climb all over the Destroyer then go into him.), and plotholes, plotholes, plotholes!

How did Cynder het her jewlery back? How did the room with Spyro's crystal go from being destroyed and full of rubble to being a perfectly made room with a clearly set path leading into it? How many purple dragons are there???? Just two or many?? If Spyro has the power to pull a broken planet back together, why did it seem like such a struggle for him to be the hero? Why be so mopey if you have godly powers??? If Malefor has the same godly power, why try do destroy the world slowly and dramatically (I didn't think the Destroyer moved that fast)? Why not just break it up yourself? How did both Spyro and Cynder snap out of thier dark forms so easily? How could the grip of someone as powerful as Malefor be broken without a fight? How did Malefor escape his prison? Cynder was made good in the first game *regret*, and Gaul was killed before his ritual or whatever was completed, then the mountain collapsed. Why were Spyro and Cynder trapped for so long? Didn't the Guardians and the Chronicler know they were at the Well of Souls? Couldn't they have all worked together to dig them out? Couldn't the Chronicler have undone Spyro's freezt time spell, given that he is master of time or whatever?

Honestly, the whole thing is like a joke to me. Given the immense power that both Spyro and Malefor possess, I can't take the three game long struggle seriously. C'mon Spyro, if you can pull a planet back together I would think you can PWN monsters a little more easily than that.

I post more stuff later, I have things to do.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#5 Posted: 17:53:55 02/05/2010
tl;dr
#6 Posted: 18:07:51 02/05/2010
Why even post if you're not even going to read the posts and respond to them, or post your own opinions?
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#7 Posted: 18:22:35 02/05/2010
Agreeing with NEW_SpyroLUVA on pretty much everything.

When I first played ANB, I thought (unaware that it was a reboot, still presuming it was based off the original prologue) 'woah, what have they done? This sucks, don't you have a certain amount of gems to collect?' And then I realised it was a reboot, and they'd obviously changed it at the last moment (or, they lied until the last moment in the hopes people would buy it under the presumption it was the same Spyro). At the end of the game, I thought 'Oh great. Let me guess - Cynder will be Spyro's girlfriend soon. This is just a bit overboard'.

Then TEN came out. I didn't find this as hard as most people, just frustrating with the jellyfish, when Spyro didn't seem to glide well enough. I still found it boring, but I lived with it. The ending came, I saw Cynder save Spyro from the darkness, thought 'Here we go again' and waited.

Then DOTD. Basically, everything NEW_SpyroLUVA said. The obsession the directors had with getting Cynder & Spyro together, coupled with a boring & repetitive game spoilt TLOS for me. If they continue, I will drop out.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#8 Posted: 18:43:59 02/05/2010
I'm renting the next one, that's for sure. I don't like LOS, but I have faith that they might make it good. If it's another reboot, I'll hope it's good but I'm not paying ful price on what might be more crap. If it's classic style game, I may be tempted to but, I might rent, just incase it's not good.
---
#9 Posted: 18:48:10 02/05/2010
Yeah, I should make myself more clear - If they change TLOS, make it less sloppy and more fun, I'll rent it too. If it's classic, or another reboot (depending on what kind this time), I'll buy it outright (even ETD was quite fun when played on a GC system).

But if they just follow the same gameplay, and the 'different direction' just means taking Spyro & Cynder to a different world, or worse, following Spyro, Cynder and their offspring (oh please, just no.....) then I won't even rent it.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#10 Posted: 18:59:09 02/05/2010
Agreed with NEW_SpyroLUVA and Spyroo.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#11 Posted: 19:57:50 02/05/2010
I cba to read all those posts cause i dissagree with them and they are to long.

AHT Spyro is the best cause it has variety and keeps you gripped in the game.
#12 Posted: 21:50:42 02/05/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

same here xD

and to add to the plotholes part NEW_SpyroLUVA posted
why did the monsters who came at the beggining free Spyro and Cynder at all? I mean they are Malefors minions and they carried stuff he crafted (the chain thing)
It would make some sence if Spyro and Cynder would be involved into some kind of ritual for releasing the Destroyer or something , but they weren't.
The minions just came ,cracked the crystal, put the chain on them,backed off and then figured -oh damn we let them go and they will try to escape now which they can since the chain is pretty damn useless,DON't LET THEM DO ITTZ- seriously ,that doesn't make any sence
Why release someone whos your enemie,and by doing that letting them spoil your eeviil plans?! all they can do it obey Malefors little biddings , so it must be Malefor who sent them there?? Why would he do that ?! The chain didn't do anything except kept Spyro and Cynder stuck together ( oooh plotdevice), I mean they could still move and fly around and kick your bums and stuff. What is the point of it ?! gah I could go on..

and speaking of the snake chain, how come the kitteh-cat-people in that village known how to use a really similar device?? In the cutscenes... Spyro and Cynders chain is tied to a green-snake lookin lock, which is keeping them in one place.. hmm if that mole and Ignitus in dragon city said that the device-snake-chain thing is foreign to them and crafted by Malefor himself, how could've the cat-people know of the lock thing?? it looks really really similar to the chain and it works.Oh and Prowlus has a keeey.So its probably from the same origin , or more presumably also crafted by Malefor. They couldn't steal it from him, since he's been up in his little castle in the sky, above a volcano.And I don't see a reason his minions would carry it around randomly ,unless they wanted to put it on two people to keep them together(cus thats all that chain doooees), and I don't renember seeing them have any cat-people slaves or anything...

sorry for the long post but I just wanted to point this out =/
theres a lot of illogical stuff in video games, but if they are trying to be epic, serious,dark with a complex storyline and stuff ... they might as well do it right and get proper writers, otherwise it just ends up looking silly and stupid.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#13 Posted: 21:55:56 02/05/2010
Quote: Kimbia28

same here xD

why did the monsters who came at the beggining free Spyro and Cynder at all? I mean they are Malefors minions and they carried stuff he crafted (the chain thing)
It would make some sence if Spyro and Cynder would be involved into some kind of ritual for releasing the Destroyer or something , but they weren't.
The minions just came ,cracked the crystal, put the chain on them,backed off and then figured -oh damn we let them go and they will try to escape now which they can since the chain is pretty damn useless,DON't LET THEM DO ITTZ- seriously ,that doesn't make any sence
Why release someone whos your enemie,and by doing that letting them spoil your eeviil plans?! all they can do it obey Malefors little biddings , so it must be Malefor who sent them there?? Why would he do that ?! The chain didn't do anything except kept Spyro and Cynder stuck together ( oooh plotdevice), I mean they could still move and fly around and kick your bums and stuff. What is the point of it ?! gah I could go on..

and speaking of the snake chain, how come the kitteh-cat-people in that village known how to use a really similar device?? In the cutscenes... Spyro and Cynders chain is tied to a green-snake lookin lock, which is keeping them in one place.. hmm if that mole and Ignitus in dragon city said that the device-snake-chain thing is foreign to them and crafted by Malefor himself, how could've the cat-people know of the lock thing?? it looks really really similar to the chain and it works.Oh and Prowlus has a keeey.So its probably from the same origin , or more presumably also crafted by Malefor. They couldn't steal it from him, since he's been up in his little castle in the sky, above a volcano.And I don't see a reason his minions would carry it around randomly ,unless they wanted to put it on two people to keep them together(cus thats all that chain doooees), and I don't renember seeing them have any cat-people slaves or anything...

theres a lot of illogical stuff in video games, but if they are trying to be epic, serious,dark with a complex storyline and stuff ... they might as well do it right and get proper writers, otherwise it just ends up looking silly and stupid.

Well, the first part is because Malefor wanted Spyro and Cynder to be sacrificed to the Golem using the snake chains to bind them to the platform, but they managed to escape when they woke up too soon, and wound up having the chain stuck around their necks to keep them both together at all times.

I was wondering about how the cheetahs got ahold of the equipment too. With Chief Prowlus and his tribe having the same material as the snake chain to keep Spyro and Cynder prisoner, it may have been possible that the cheetahs somehow stole some of Malefor's magical items to use them to their advantage I suppose.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:51 02/05/2010 by Aura24
#14 Posted: 22:13:03 02/05/2010
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Kimbia28

same here xD

Well, the first part is because Malefor wanted Spyro and Cynder to be sacrificed the Golem using the snake chains to bind them to the platform, but they managed to escape when they woke up too soon, and wound up having the chain stuck around their necks to keep them both together at all times.

I was wondering about how the cheetahs got ahold of the equipment too. With Chief Prowlus and his tribe having the same material as the snake chain to keep Spyro and Cynder prisoner, it may have been possible that the cheetahs somehow stole some of Malefor's magical items to use them to their advantage I suppose.

but they were already in a giant crystal, why not just leave them there,since they couldn't really get out of it on their own... and if they wanted to kill them why not do it while they were unconscious, all it would take is a bunch of smacks on the head with a big club and thats it (tho thats kinda brutal lawl smilie)
it would've made more sence if Hunter set them free or something D: but he did not smilie and Malefor should've released the Destroyer right after he came back , and not wait for three years imo lol
#15 Posted: 22:18:37 02/05/2010
Quote:
Well, the first part is because Malefor wanted Spyro and Cynder to be sacrificed to the Golem using the snake chains to bind them to the platform, but they managed to escape when they woke up too soon, and wound up having the chain stuck around their necks to keep them both together at all times.

But then, why release them from the crystal? They were stuck in that crystal, and the Golem could have flattened them while they were still in it. And it doesn't explain why he would have attached it to both of them, and not just the platform.

edit: Lol, Kimbia28 said it before me smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:19:15 02/05/2010 by Spyroo
#16 Posted: 22:21:38 02/05/2010
Might want to ask the producers about those questions, since they're the ones who did the whole story trilogy, but one of them was moved to do another game series, Crash.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#17 Posted: 22:33:26 02/05/2010
kimbia makes many good points!
---
#18 Posted: 22:42:48 02/05/2010
You know, Spyro and Cynder being released from the time crystal at the beginning of DotD, reminds of the same way the adult dragons from the first Spyro game have been released from their crystal prisons when Spyro touches their platform.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#19 Posted: 22:50:29 02/05/2010
Too many complaints.
#20 Posted: 23:37:33 02/05/2010
Quote: Aura24
You know, Spyro and Cynder being released from the time crystal at the beginning of DotD, reminds of the same way the adult dragons from the first Spyro game have been released from their crystal prisons when Spyro touches their platform.

Yeah, I guess. What's your point? Or was it just an observation?
---
#21 Posted: 23:42:03 02/05/2010
An observation, I guess. I noticed they were similar.
---
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#22 Posted: 09:30:20 03/05/2010 | Topic Creator
I think LoS sucks in multiple ways. The game-play is boring and you all you do is bash buttons. But swiftly moving on, I'm going to rant about Cynder... *Ahem*

Cynder is a Mary-sue in to many ways. Krome Cynder is generally a 'tragic Sue' which blames her tragic past on herself. But in Dawn of the dragon , she is a overall overated mess. I understand that four-elements would make the characters fair, but still in fan-fiction turns, she should have one element.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#23 Posted: 20:00:25 03/05/2010
Quote: Whitedragon
I think LoS sucks in multiple ways. The game-play is boring and you all you do is bash buttons. But swiftly moving on, I'm going to rant about Cynder... *Ahem*

Cynder is a Mary-sue in to many ways. Krome Cynder is generally a 'tragic Sue' which blames her tragic past on herself. But in Dawn of the dragon , she is a overall overated mess. I understand that four-elements would make the characters fair, but still in fan-fiction turns, she should have one element.

Fanfiction terms? What does fanfiction have to do anything? Fiction terms would be a better way of saying it. Also, no where in the game does it say Cynder can't have four Elements. Before you bring up Spyro having them all, Cynder's Elements were dark; not the ordinary Elements. It fits well with the fiction, when you think about it.

Also....

rant rant rant rant

I KNOW I'll probably get flamed for this...
spyro glitcher Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#24 Posted: 22:58:43 03/05/2010
los is okay anb was good ten sucked and dotd was horrible
the first 3 were the greatest
---
Toonami is comin' back! WOOP!
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#25 Posted: 23:20:59 03/05/2010
^i agree with this intelligent (wo)man
#26 Posted: 00:29:16 04/05/2010
As do I, about DotD and the originals!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:29:43 04/05/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#27 Posted: 01:23:00 04/05/2010
Some People think LoS sucks.
Some People think the Original sucks.
TLoS has it's own fans.
The Original has it's own fans.
We understand that. So why do people keep making topics complaining about the same details over ad over again? What you hate, other people might just like, so it's all going to be one big mess.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#28 Posted: 04:06:28 04/05/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I used to like LOS, but I always thought the classics were better. ANB and TEN were linear, boring and repetetive. I was super excied for DotD and loved it the first time through *shame*. But after I settled down, shed the excitement of a new Spyro game, and began to think about the game and examine it with the help of other Dark Spyro users, I realized its many unforgivable flaws.

What flaws? A painfully mopey Spyro (He had EVERYTHING to fight for!!!), a Cynder with a poor personality (she's sassy and a bit of a b*tch, when she should be humble, a little guilty, with the right amount of strength), a cannon relationship that I can't stand (It's the love for Cynder that made Spyro such a wimp, and he seems to care more for Cynder than Sparx), too mutch button mashing, boss fights with no form of strategy (True, in the originals you just ran around, tried not to die and attacked at the right time, but it was FUN! In ANB ans TEN, you just beat on the bosses as you see fit, save for the Ice King and Arboric. Addmitedly it got a bit better in Dotd, like when you had to climb all over the Destroyer then go into him.), and plotholes, plotholes, plotholes!

How did Cynder het her jewlery back? How did the room with Spyro's crystal go from being destroyed and full of rubble to being a perfectly made room with a clearly set path leading into it? How many purple dragons are there???? Just two or many?? If Spyro has the power to pull a broken planet back together, why did it seem like such a struggle for him to be the hero? Why be so mopey if you have godly powers??? If Malefor has the same godly power, why try do destroy the world slowly and dramatically (I didn't think the Destroyer moved that fast)? Why not just break it up yourself? How did both Spyro and Cynder snap out of thier dark forms so easily? How could the grip of someone as powerful as Malefor be broken without a fight? How did Malefor escape his prison? Cynder was made good in the first game *regret*, and Gaul was killed before his ritual or whatever was completed, then the mountain collapsed. Why were Spyro and Cynder trapped for so long? Didn't the Guardians and the Chronicler know they were at the Well of Souls? Couldn't they have all worked together to dig them out? Couldn't the Chronicler have undone Spyro's freezt time spell, given that he is master of time or whatever?

Honestly, the whole thing is like a joke to me. Given the immense power that both Spyro and Malefor possess, I can't take the three game long struggle seriously. C'mon Spyro, if you can pull a planet back together I would think you can PWN monsters a little more easily than that.

I post more stuff later, I have things to do.

There are two more plotholes you missed.

In the Dragon City, a large statue falls down and serperates Spyro and Cynder from Hunter. They were talking about taking another route and all. Why didn't they just FLY!? Also, when they were at the belt of fire, they walked through it, when they could of just flown over it. Cynder could of used her wind breath to bring it down a little bit so they can easily fly across.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#29 Posted: 11:21:49 04/05/2010
Yeah true!
---
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#30 Posted: 13:38:50 04/05/2010
Click

Click that link if you want a small ( yet somehow effective) reason on why I dislike the TLOS series. Find or read Post 44 - 48 I feel no need to re-post that long rant again smilie .
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
black dragon Ripto Gems: 2470
#31 Posted: 20:36:49 04/05/2010
Quote: dingodile555
tl;dr

You must really be dieing for attention to post something like this.

That person spent the time needed to write that post, and they deserve credit for it. Its not cool, cute, or whatever you think it makes you. All it does is make you kook like a freak who's whining for something. There are people like me who actually take the time and read through posts like that, rather than just sitting there saying your not going to read it/too late. That post had a very good reason behind it, and I actually enjoyed reading it, since I could agree and it made sense. A post such as that can not be done in two seconds, unless your a really fast typer or was struck by lightning, and probably took some thought to make it. Now its people like you who come and think its so cool to have a reply with not the least amount of value behind it, and post something like this. Why even post it? Does the number of posts really matter? Since that seemed to be the only reason behind your post, excluding attention whore.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:40:06 04/05/2010 by black dragon
Tufu911 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#32 Posted: 20:39:01 04/05/2010
As i said once b4.... If its good leave it good... T.L.O.S series kinda Crossed that... i mean i have nothing against it, i just think that Spyro should have kept his Fire breath only, Kinda, I think the Multi-breath was kinda cool but I just dont like on how they changed from one way to another through the T.L.O.S timelimes.
---
WOLVES FOR LIFE
#33 Posted: 21:43:06 04/05/2010
Extra breaths are cool, I think. So are magic attacks. A multi hit battle system would be cool in the classic universe, as long as they didn't go overboard with hoards of enemies and extensive button mashing. The usual amount on enemies, maybe a few more, which come to you insead of standing around, and die after 3-6 hits. Combos are possible. A fight system like the one in SL would be good.
---
#34 Posted: 13:26:02 05/05/2010
Just one thing I almost forgot that really, really bugged me, possibly the most out of everything.

Spyro: Because you've left me nothing to fight for.

Wha.....What? What about Sparx? Your brother who's been with you since you were born?! What about the other elders who put their trust in you? What about Ignitus, who seemingly died to get you across so you'd save everyone?

Sorry, but that line was totally unneccessary. If they continue TLoS, I don't want to see more rubbish lines like that.
---
#35 Posted: 16:44:38 05/05/2010
Quote: Spyroo
Just one thing I almost forgot that really, really bugged me, possibly the most out of everything.

Wha.....What? What about Sparx? Your brother who's been with you since you were born?! What about the other elders who put their trust in you? What about Ignitus, who seemingly died to get you across so you'd save everyone?

Sorry, but that line was totally unneccessary. If they continue TLoS, I don't want to see more rubbish lines like that.

Well, Spyro probably knew that he would be fighting a losing battle if he took both Malefor and Dark Cynder head-on, and didn't want to fight. The way he said "Because you left me nothing to fight more.." to Cynder, could be mean that since he lost his father-figure and temporarily his closest friend, Spyro probably went to the conclusion that everyone he knows and loves were going to die when the Destroyer reaches the volcano to split the world apart, leaving him the only one to fight Malefor.

Some of you may not understand that, of course.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:32:50 05/05/2010 by Aura24
#36 Posted: 17:30:27 05/05/2010
Quote: Spyroo

YES! You are so right! God, why didn't I say that in my post? God, that line, even the first time through the game just P*ed me off. Including Cynder's I love you.

@Aura24, But why not at least try? I mean Spyro's been fighting a difficult battle since ANB, he fought a far darker Cynder then just to save her, so why not fight again to save her again? At any rate Malefor's grip SHOULD NOT have been destroyed that easily by such a soppy display.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:32:58 05/05/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#37 Posted: 17:36:11 05/05/2010
Yes, but he wasn't alone when he fought against Cynder in ANB, Sparx was with him. Spyro didn't think Cynder would be saved after he defeated her, until she changed back to normal before his very eyes.

In DotD, Spyro was going to face both Malefor and Cynder alone with no one to help him or support him, and he probably knew he can't fight against his friend because, in TEN, he feared Cynder being forced to serve under Malefor again. And that fear is probably what caused him to not fight back against Dark Cynder.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:49:01 05/05/2010 by Aura24
#38 Posted: 18:31:54 05/05/2010
That makes no sence! If he was really so scared about Cynder being evil, why wouldn't he fight her to make her good again? And as for fighting Malefor and Cynder alone, I think his rage at all the damage Malefor caused, turning his life war ridden, killing Ignitus, and now stealing his close friend, should have made him want to fight. Seriously, Spyro needs some balls. Pardon my rude phraising, but that's how I really feel.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:32:14 05/05/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#39 Posted: 18:34:46 05/05/2010
Yeah, I suppose you're right about your opinion of him.

I guess you're too used to the spunkiness of the old Spyro, to understand a storyline like TLoS.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:37:57 05/05/2010 by Aura24
#40 Posted: 18:40:10 05/05/2010
*looks around*

Does anyone need a hug?
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#41 Posted: 18:43:46 05/05/2010
@ Aura:

Aura… I can understand that yes, Gary ( smilie )not wanting to fight Mary ( smilie ) and Malefore because the odds are not looking good. However time is not on his side, he doesn’t have time to retreat and regroup. That little scene literally made Gary look like an over-possessive coward smilie . If he doesn’t have things in his own way, he sits down and cries. *shakes head* smilie I can understand that Gary doesn’t want to hurt Mary, but this contradicts with what he did to her in ANB. If Gary has been trained in the ways of the dragon then shouldn’t he know how to disable Mary without hurting her? Freeze her in your Ice breathe, or make a crater that will hold her in place while you go beat up Malefore (Fun fact, Ice or Brain Freezers seems to erase all sort of mental control over a victim (Look at X-Men 2, Clone Wars Season 2 and Fairy Odd Parents for references) )

Yes, I can understand that in that situation he wasn’t thinking straight, but he should have been more concerned for Mary instead of listening to Malefore spew on all that nonsense at him smilie. It just shows that Gary is too immature / inexperience to handle this kind of pressure. I’m sorry but he is no hero, just some lucky fool smilie.

Also Aura, mind you that Gary said that he felt all alone when Ignitus “died”. Mary was right there with him, and he didn’t even acknowledge her value, or presences there. Why would he say that he feels all alone if Mary means so much to him? Also the Chronicler said to Gary that, ‘Gary is never lost as long as he trust his ancestors’ or something on those lines. I know he has been frozen for three years, but that didn’t stop him from knowing how to fight, and remember Mary.

Gary has been told many times that he is never alone and now of all sudden if feels alone again because Malefore "brainwashed" Mary?

It just makes no sense, is Gary that easily enslaved by his emotions? Does it always take some outside force to quell Gary to become heroic? Why is it always an outside force that must quell and guide Gary to be this hero, and then shower him with praise as if he figured it out by himself? He always needs something to goes his own way to make this work . . . and to be honest with you; I don’t think making up excuses for him will help.

Overall it is just really, really bad Game Design (which in this sense means Story and Gameplay). It is too easy to see that the Developers did not think this through clearly, didn’t go back to ask themselves questions about the game in itself and really, really, did not stop and ask question about the story. Nonetheless; if I have or have not persuaded you or others into an agreement with my viewpoint, is not truly my concern. I’ve said it before, one is entitled to one’s own opinion, maybe you see something different from me Aura, but I just can’t see Gary as the hero most TLOS fans make him out to be smilie .
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#42 Posted: 18:46:51 05/05/2010
WTH? Understand it? I get the story perfectly; Spyro, a legendary purple dragon, is the only one who has the power to stop Malefor. He resuces Cynder with his special power ( she was under Malefor's dark control for years) before she can use the power of the Guardians to ressurect him. He destroyes the Ape gGaul before he can ressurect Malefor as wel; during the battle Spyro is infected with dark energy which he uses to kill Gaul, then he saves his friends with his time crystral. Later they wake up, having grown inside the crystal, they are chained together with magic, then they travel to Malkefor's lair and fight him. Together they use thier special powers to trap Malefor in the center of the earth, then Spyro uses his powers to pull the earth back together again. I know I left a few things out (iggy's death, return of D.S.) but that's the gist of it.

What I don't get is why this legendary hero can't have some guts or a little fire to him. And as for being used to Spyro's spunk, I've been playing LOS for three years. I'm used to the new Spyro enough, but that doesn't mean I like it.

Honestly, you have some nerve saying something like that. No matter what anyone says, LOS has a very straightforward story which anyone can grasp. It's your perogative to diagree with me, but it was very uncalled for to insult my intelligence like that.

@Zackieo: Very well said! You can guess that I agree whole heartedly, I'm sure!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:27 05/05/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#43 Posted: 18:57:32 05/05/2010
Quote: Zackeio
@ Aura:

Aura… I can understand that yes, Gary ( smilie )not wanting to fight Mary ( smilie ) and Malefore because the odds are not looking good. However time is not on his side, he doesn’t have time to retreat and regroup. That little scene literally made Gary look like an over-possessive coward smilie . If he doesn’t have things in his own way, he sits down and cries. *shakes head* smilie I can understand that Gary doesn’t want to hurt Mary, but this contradicts with what he did to her in ANB. If Gary has been trained in the ways of the dragon then shouldn’t he know how to disable Mary without hurting her? Freeze her in your Ice breathe, or make a crater that will hold her in place while you go beat up Malefore (Fun fact, Ice or Brain Freezers seems to erase all sort of mental control over a victim (Look at X-Men 2, Clone Wars Season 2 and Fairy Odd Parents for references) )

Yes, I can understand that in that situation he wasn’t thinking straight, but he should have been more concerned for Mary instead of listening to Malefore spew on all that nonsense at him smilie. It just shows that Gary is too immature / inexperience to handle this kind of pressure. I’m sorry but he is no hero, just some lucky fool smilie.

Also Aura, mind you that Gary said that he felt all alone when Ignitus “died”. Mary was right there with him, and he didn’t even acknowledge her value, or presences there. Why would he say that he feels all alone if Mary means so much to him? Also the Chronicler said to Gary that, ‘Gary is never lost as long as he trust his ancestors’ or something on those lines. I know he has been frozen for three years, but that didn’t stop him from knowing how to fight, and remember Mary.

Gary has been told many times that he is never alone and now of all sudden if feels alone again because Malefore "brainwashed" Mary?

It just makes no sense, is Gary that easily enslaved by his emotions? Does it always take some outside force to quell Gary to become heroic? Why is it always an outside force that must quell and guide Gary to be this hero, and then shower him with praise as if he figured it out by himself? He always needs something to goes his own way to make this work . . . and to be honest with you; I don’t think making up excuses for him will help.

Overall it is just really, really bad Game Design (which in this sense means Story and Gameplay). It is too easy to see that the Developers did not think this through clearly, didn’t go back to ask themselves questions about the game in itself and really, really, did not stop and ask question about the story. Nonetheless; if I have or have not persuaded you or others into an agreement with my viewpoint, is not truly my concern. I’ve said it before, one is entitled to one’s own opinion, maybe you see something different from me Aura, but I just can’t see Gary as the hero most TLOS fans make him out to be smilie .

Yes, you are entitled to your opinions, and I understand your opinion of calling Spyro, Gary, and Cynder, Mary. :3
---
#44 Posted: 18:58:21 05/05/2010
Good, and what of that little shot you took at my intelligence, eh?
---
#45 Posted: 19:04:48 05/05/2010
The way you said that Spyro's worst fear of Cynder turning evil again didn't make sense and all that, made it sound like you didn't understand Spyro's hesitance in fighting Malefor and Cynder, since you would think Spyro will take action anyway in fighting both of them, like the old Spyro would, despite all he went all the things he fought for and everything he lost.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:48 05/05/2010 by Aura24
#46 Posted: 19:09:18 05/05/2010
Quote:
Well, Spyro probably knew that he would be fighting a losing battle if he took both Malefor and Dark Cynder head-on, and didn't want to fight. The way he said "Because you left me nothing to fight more.." to Cynder, could be mean that since he lost his father-figure and temporarily his closest friend, Spyro probably went to the conclusion that everyone he knows and loves were going to die when the Destroyer reaches the volcano to split the world apart, leaving him the only one to fight Malefor.

Some of you may not understand that, of course.

I do understand, but that's still no excuse for the reasons others have stated.
I've played many games, some with storylines just like TLOS, but never have the main characters 'dumped' everything because of one person. In fact, when they've lost all their closest friends and family, they've gone 'all-out' regardless of if they can win or not, to gain revenge for those they truly love. They were willing to give their life for that purpose.

And.... All of what Zackeio said. smilie
---
#47 Posted: 19:11:02 05/05/2010
Seriously, does anyone need a hug?
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me