Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
"A Different Direction" [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 16:57:40 17/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Most of you already know that the movie has been cancelled and why. Activision is making the Spyro series go in a different direction. What could this "different direction" be?

Activision could possibly, and foolishly, throw away a chance to add in more ideas, characters, and features for the new universe Sierra created, even if the LoS trilogy was meant to re-establish the characters and Spyro's origin.

The next game could be set in the LoS universe in a kid-friendly atmosphere, it could go back to the Old Spyro that possibly won't be developed by our beloved Insomniac, or it could be the start of another reboot.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:31:19 17/04/2010 by Aura24
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#2 Posted: 17:08:44 17/04/2010
I personally think they will go back to the old Spyro. As much as I loved how Krome made tlos, it did not make a big success while the old ones were popular, espically the first three.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#3 Posted: 17:17:00 17/04/2010 | Topic Creator
New direction could also mean another reboot, complete with a different universe, different storyline, and re-introducing some characters from the old trilogy.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#4 Posted: 17:19:42 17/04/2010
True, it may go through another reboot series.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#5 Posted: 17:24:56 17/04/2010
Even though I don't like TLOS I can admit its been very successful. So personally, I think the smart move would've been to go ahead and make the movie.

But what I'd rather see is another game in the style of Hero's Tail and Shadow Legacy. Probably wont happen though.
#6 Posted: 17:33:13 17/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Activision only cares about money, so they'll probably make the Spyro series go in a different direction just to get that money. Unless they leave all the ideas to the producers of the next game and don't bother them with theirs, which Activision already did.
---
#7 Posted: 17:58:12 17/04/2010
Quote: Aura24
Activision only cares about money, so they'll probably make the Spyro series go in a different direction just to get that money.

How? As far as I know they were doing pretty well with TLOS.
#8 Posted: 18:02:49 17/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Sierra was the one who did the LoS trilogy. Activision is currently the one who owns the rights to Spyro since before the release of DotD, and who knows what they'll change up in the game series.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:03:00 17/04/2010 by Aura24
#9 Posted: 18:05:33 17/04/2010
Oh of course.. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing what they try next.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#10 Posted: 18:24:30 17/04/2010
I hope they keep Spyro going in the LoS universe. They can add old characters like Flame, Ember, Elora and such, and even add more, and it would all be off of TLoS, so it would have everything that TLoS brought as well. They can include details from the original games that we enjoyed, and give Spyro more spunk. I really think they could do a lot with it if they kept in that direction.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#11 Posted: 18:39:01 17/04/2010
Y'all know I want the classics back. If they don't do that, then I hope to god they fix the flaws in LOS and include some things that made classic Spyro great. For example, less serious love, more classic characters, mini games, upbeat tunes, depending on the tone (I hope for something happier), about ten thousand tonnes of kick @$$ pumped straight into Spyro, a switch back to Spyro's kid form, a more comeidic Sparx, etc.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#12 Posted: 19:03:24 17/04/2010
I want something completely new, that is unrelated to the originals or LOS.

I would like:

- Brand new characters, that are unique (like in a Tim Schafer game).
- Level designs to be unique. (also like in a Tim Schafer game).
- Jack Black to play the voice of Spyro.
- The game to be hilariously funny.
- Lots of platforming.

Get Double Fine to make the game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:04:13 17/04/2010 by InsomDog
#13 Posted: 19:15:46 17/04/2010
^That sounds good!
Though I'd still like minigames, especially skateboarding.
---
#14 Posted: 19:34:39 17/04/2010
They should totally just make a skateboarding game set in the classic games universe
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#15 Posted: 19:37:36 17/04/2010
It's gonna be a zombie Apocalypse.

I guarantee it.

DON'T GET ANY IDEAS ACTIVISION.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#16 Posted: 19:49:50 17/04/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
..., especially skateboarding.

Never! Skateboarding was the worst thing to happen to Spyro after ETD.
#17 Posted: 20:36:44 17/04/2010
Introducing Spyro Hero! Since Guitar Hero's been making us so much money, and we don't really care about Spyro, we've decided to just tack on Spyro's name to make more money! Join Spyro and friends as they try to be the best band ever!

*returns to lurking*
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#18 Posted: 20:38:24 17/04/2010
I want the LOS universe to continue because at the end of DOTD the world was floating islands, i would quite like to explore that cause it looks cool.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#19 Posted: 20:40:12 17/04/2010
Call of Spyro: Dragon Warfare.
#20 Posted: 20:43:02 17/04/2010
Quote: InsomDog

Overrated or overrated?
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#21 Posted: 20:44:18 17/04/2010
Man well a completely new direction well I think it would be bad, and jack black being a voice for spyro omg really? I cannot imagine spyro being voiced by him, It will feel odd or if they swapped personalities with sparx. Another reboot, really? gosh well its activision and they are "Dictators of the gaming world", especially with that stupid CEO of theirs. It was him and activision that tried to underpay infinity ward for call of duty, now EA is going to take them under their wing, and I bet EA will make call of duty 3 much better than activison would ever publish. But besides the point, I think Activision is not the best for spyro, the fact he belongs to that company now scares me cause they could go, with a naruto version of spyro and that would just kill it. (Dont get any ideas here activision not at least this one.) I wouldnt buy another game from them again, the reason being is that they completely took a 90 degree turn to the left.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#22 Posted: 21:29:49 17/04/2010
Quote: Gwenio
..., especially skateboarding.

Never! Skateboarding was the worst thing to happen to Spyro after ETD.

How so, exactly? Just curious.
---
#23 Posted: 22:19:50 17/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Well, the last area with the skateboard challenge was hard as heck. That's a good example.
---
#24 Posted: 01:44:30 18/04/2010
So??? Hard is good. I thought many users WANTED a harder Spyro game. Also, you don't have to beat every skate challenge to beat the game, only if you want 100%. If you really want 100% then it shouldn't matter how hard a challenge is. After all, triumph feels that much better when you try really hard for it.
---
#25 Posted: 01:47:56 18/04/2010 | Topic Creator
When I look back, I noticed that dragons don't ride on skateboards to get their prizes than what they would actually do.

And the skateboard thing, well...I used to like it, but not when you had to race other creatures that are faster than you whenever you get past them on the last level.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:51:52 18/04/2010 by Aura24
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#26 Posted: 01:48:23 18/04/2010
Quote: dingodile555
So personally, I think the smart move would've been to go ahead and make the movie.

But what I'd rather see is another game in the style of Hero's Tail and Shadow Legacy. Probably wont happen though.

I have to agree here. AHT and SL were win for me, apart from the fact SL had no replay value apart from leveling up.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#27 Posted: 01:59:47 18/04/2010
So??? Hard is good. I thought many users WANTED a harder Spyro game. Also, you don't have to beat every skate challenge to beat the game, only if you want 100%. If you really want 100% then it shouldn't matter how hard a challenge is. After all, triumph feels that much better when you try really hard for it.

There is hard as in challenging, and the there is hard as in unfair. Racing the yeti's falls into the second catagory. And why did the sorceress have a snowboarding track in her treasure room anyways?
#28 Posted: 02:04:14 18/04/2010 | Topic Creator
I agree with Gwenio. That snowboarding level was hard and almost unfair.

I hope they don't add any skateboard or snowboarding challenges in the next game, if they bring the Old Spyro back.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:35 18/04/2010 by Aura24
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#29 Posted: 02:22:07 18/04/2010
actually, if you perform the 'Flaming Crabs' glitch, which helps you fill your turbo bar before the race even strts, it becomes soooooo much easier...
#30 Posted: 02:24:42 18/04/2010
If Spyro goes to the moon (literally) and battles aliens from Mars, and they try to make it serious, I'm gonna freak.
#31 Posted: 03:46:38 18/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Activision first took away Mike Graham's original idea of having the composers return to make the music, they stopped the Spyro Movie and didn't bother telling us, possibly to keep us occupied and make us go on a wild goose chase, and now they're taking the next game in a different direction.

What other things will Activision mess up next??
---
#32 Posted: 11:30:23 18/04/2010
No reason why they can't reintroduce skateboarding and make it slightly easier. And as for skateboarding being unlike what a dragon would do, bear in mind that old Spyro is as good as human in terms of his mental state, and also a friendly guy who wouldn't attack allies for prizes. More to the point, classic Spyro was made to be fun. They included mini games to make the game longer and harder, and I and many other fans ignored the fact that a real dragon probably wouldn't do that stuff because we enjoyed the game. Speaking of stuff dragons wouldn't do, I doubt a dragon would befriend a dragonfly, which both classic and new Spyro did.

Who's to say that Activision has messed anything up? The next composer may be really good, the movie may not have been any good, and the next game might be really fun. True, Activision (or more accurately its CEO) is greedy, but the company has been popular for years because they make games people like. I would reccomend that Spyro fans keep a open mind about this; Activision may hit one out of the park with the next Spyro game.
---
#33 Posted: 15:02:39 18/04/2010 | Topic Creator
At least the new Spyro acted like a dragon, instead of skateboarding and riding on UFOs like a human being to get his challenges done.

I know you're hoping the next game to have the Old Spyro in it. But don't get too excited, or you might get your hopes down.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:13:04 18/04/2010 by Aura24
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#34 Posted: 15:04:33 18/04/2010
Spyro is gonna get guns
#35 Posted: 15:32:17 18/04/2010
I think I'd be rather upset if they brought the Old Spyro back. I enjoyed the new ones, they're the kind I can play over and over. I still do think they should continue in the LoS universe and bring back details from the Old Spyros such as his Spunk, and characters such as Flame and Ember and Elora. I didn't like how Spyro depended on Sparx to survive in the Original Spyro though, i mean, he shouldn't have to depend on a little Dragonfly to tell him whether he's okay or not.
#36 Posted: 15:57:46 18/04/2010
Quote: Darby
I still do think they should continue in the LoS universe and bring back details from the Old Spyros such as his Spunk

...scuse me?
#37 Posted: 16:21:07 18/04/2010
As in his personality?
#38 Posted: 16:48:13 18/04/2010
At least the new Spyro acted like a dragon, instead of skateboarding and riding on UFOs like a human being to get his challenges done.

I know you're hoping the next game to have the Old Spyro in it. But don't get too excited, or you might get your hopes down.

First of all, who's to say what a dragon would be like? They're not real!

Aslo, why is it that so many dragons in books and games and what not are considered not dragon-like if they have a sense of fun? Why is a dragon unlike a dragon if he tells jokes, skateboards, rides vehicles, plays instruments, wears sunglasses, goes on vacation, plays carnival games, and rides roller coasters. You can say he's not a real dragon all you want, but I'd rather spend a long weekend with the spunky, funny, feisty, skateboarding, playful dragon rather than a destructive beast or gloomy hero.

Also, though old Spyro would be my prefference, I'd still be perfectly content with a fun game that I enjoy, whether it's tho old, the new, or totally different.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:56:41 18/04/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#39 Posted: 16:52:41 18/04/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Quote: InsomDog

Overrated or overrated?

Its Activision were talking about, I wouldn't put it past them...
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#40 Posted: 16:58:48 18/04/2010

Aslo, why is it that so many dragons in books and games and what not are considered not dragon-like if they have a sense of fun? Why is a dragon unlike a dragon if he tells jokes, skateboards, rides vehicles, plays instruments, wears sunglasses, goes on vacation, plays carnival games, and rides roller coasters. You can say he's not a real dragon all you want, but I'd rather spend a long weekend with the spunky, funny, feisty, skateboarding, playful dragon rather than a destructive beast or gloomy hero.

I get your point, but I would think that people would want more life like things. And the older Spyro games hardly had a storyline at all. I think people like Spyro to be how they imagine a dragon, which, for most people, is not a UFO-driving skateboard-using wearing-sunglasses sort of dragon.
---
Back from hibernation.
#41 Posted: 17:00:59 18/04/2010 | Topic Creator

Also, though old Spyro would be my prefference, I'd still be perfectly content with a fun game that I enjoy, whether it's tho old, the new, or totally different.

I know you would strongly prefer the old Spyro, SpyroLUVA. The series has already gone through a reboot, putting the old Spyro of his misery.

It could be a possibility that there will another reboot made by Activision, and even if the old Spyro came back, he wouldn't be the same as you hope. He'll be just like AHT Spyro, and itself will have no similarities to the old trilogy.
---
#42 Posted: 17:03:22 18/04/2010
There's no reason they couldn't inject a story into the next game but still make it fun!
When it comes to games, I preffer characters that are fun, rather than real. If they can be real and fun, so much the better. My opinion.
---
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#43 Posted: 17:40:49 18/04/2010
... Maybe I should reconsider for ZINC! to be turned into a videogame rather than a cartoon series. (Heck, I'll be having three main ice-dragons sing in a choir directed by a human being.)

That would mean you could play as a dragon/his girlfriend/human girl/Myraans. Go on quests to collect stuff and bring it back to others who need it, defeat icy bosses who are self-proclaimed owners of "their" lands, find hidden treasures, exc.

While LoS on the other hand is "dark" and has more storyline, and he is more of a dragon.

... Then again, Zinc's planet is full of ice and snow. (including forests, mountains, lakes, castles, exc.) So I'm not sure if you guys would be interested in just.... level after level travelling through snow and frozen ponds, using your ice breath to freeze enemies and the Myraans to kick their butts as a team.
#44 Posted: 17:41:46 18/04/2010 | Topic Creator
There's no reason they couldn't inject a story into the next game but still make it fun!
When it comes to games, I preffer characters that are fun, rather than real. If they can be real and fun, so much the better. My opinion.

Of course it is, of course it is.
---
#45 Posted: 17:42:00 18/04/2010
Who/what is Zinc?
---
#46 Posted: 17:43:19 18/04/2010 | Topic Creator
He's Aqua's fancharacter.
---
#47 Posted: 17:44:55 18/04/2010
Zinc is my main dragon character. I've had him for three years now. (I have other dragons too, but the only ice-dragons who have names are Zinc, Princess Zoey, and Queen Frost Aurora.)
#48 Posted: 17:45:29 18/04/2010
Ah...

When you said of course it is, you meant of course it's my opinion, right? Let me guess, you think I'm predictable on this subject? Fair enough, I know how I feel and I don't forsee my opinion changing any time soon, at least not until we see something about the next game.
---
#49 Posted: 17:47:06 18/04/2010
I'm just gonna stick with whatever comes out this year, really. If it's a 'classic' feel of Spyro, I'll play. If it's 'Legend' feel for Spyro, I'll play. Either which is fine by me really. smilie
#50 Posted: 17:54:52 18/04/2010
I'l probably rent this year, unless it looks like something REALLY simialr to the classics.
---
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me