Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Whats best? Spyro X Cynder, Spyro X Elora, Spyro X Ember, etc?
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Whats best? Spyro X Cynder, Spyro X Elora, Spyro X Ember, etc? [CLOSED]
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#1 Posted: 12:28:46 07/04/2010 | Topic Creator
In Legend of Spyro, I think Spyro is better off without anyone by his side. Spyro could possibly wish to have Cynder as a friend, and not a girlfriend of any chance. Cynder admits she has a crush on Spyro, but Spyro has not admited he loves her back. Because he had 'Nothing to fight for', may adapt to friendship. We don't know what's coming next, but thats all we know for now.

On the other hand, Spyro the dragon seems to love Elora fairly. The love is fair and the game annouces the couple proudly according to Year of the dragon. We don't know for Spyro himself, but the couple seems rather fair.

And now for the last one, Spyro X Ember. I do not understand why people hate Ember, just because shes not a pretty and 'sexy' as Cynder. I judge a character by the intresting personality, not their looks. But who knows, Spyro could be too shy to admit his love for Ember. Ember might have just gone for the other guy because she began to feel shy.

And here are my results:

Spyro X Cynder: 2/10
Spyro X Elora: 8/10
Spyro X Ember: 4/10
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#2 Posted: 13:32:36 07/04/2010
"Its a sad sight Sparx: another noble warrior falls victim to the plague of love."

IMO, Spyro is not the type to fall in love so. . . lawlessly (easily if you will smilie). Although the relationship between Elora and Spyro does seem to suggest otherwise, note that Elora does seem to be way older than Spyro (Ok smilie probably like 6 - 9 years older). True she might admire some of his traits, but Spyro doesn't seem to have the experience or the mind set to handle such a relationship smilie.

A kiss on the head, is like a kiss on the cheek, a small peck if otherwise. A simple flush of heat is what should of have happened, if Spyro even felt any strong emotions towards Elora to begin with. To me, Elora and Spyro's relationship can boarder on the lines of Big sister and Little brother (not so much rivalry but love for a little brother and big sister).

Spyro and Ember seems to boarder on the lines of the comical, girl chase guy, guy runs from girl ordeal (Sonic and Amy anyone?). Spyro clearly shows that he's not into that mushy goo-goo stuff in AHT and simply wants to be friends with Ember. Ember can simply being showing a puppy love towards him. I guess you might say that Ember is the type that is easily swooned by her knight and shining armor. . . so I supposed she's somewhat flirty, if not a tad bit of a floozy smilie

Cynder (Krome Cynder BTW) and Gary ( smilie ) . . . just no. No. No-no-no-no-no - HECK NO - . . . no smilie . I would say otherwise if TLOS story wasn't shoved down my throat and Cynder actually had a better personality (Not the best in ANB and TEN but it shows potential IMO smilie). IMO I hate it when the game developers hint on a love interest in the games and then gives us this crappy storytelling to go with. It just doesn't mix well to me, and just makes the player endure absolute nonsense smilie .

To me, I don't even think that Cynder and Gary ( smilie ) should be friends, on good terms yes, but friends no. I say this because of the lack of personality that Cynder already shows, to me if she would stay away from Gary ( smilie ) she wouldn't have turned into Mary in DotD (Yes, I am being superficial here and saying that's its all Gary's ( smilie ) fault smilie ). Also considering that she spent most of her life in darkness, I'm pretty sure she be itching to catch up on lost times rather than seeking a significant other so early in her life smilie.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:06:49 07/04/2010 by Zackeio
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#3 Posted: 14:03:54 07/04/2010
Quote: Zackeio
"Its a sad sight Sparx: another noble warrior falls victim to the plague of love."

IMO, Spyro is not the type to fall in love so. . . lawlessly (easily if you will smilie). Although the relationship between Elora and Spyro does seem to suggest otherwise, note that Elora does seem to be way older than Spyro (Ok smilie probably like 6 - 9 years older). True she might admire some of his traits, but Spyro doesn't seem to have the experience or the mind set to handle such a relationship smilie.

A kiss on the head, is like a kiss on the cheek, a small peck if otherwise. A simple flush of heat is what should of have happened, if Spyro even felt any strong emotions towards Elora to begin with. To me, Elora and Spyro's relationship can boarder on the lines of Big sister and Little brother (not so much rivalry but love for a little brother and big sister).

Spyro and Ember seems to boarder on the lines of the comical, girl chase guy, guy runs from girl ordeal (Sonic and Amy anyone?). Spyro clearly shows that he's not into that mushy goo-goo stuff in AHT and simply wants to be friends with Ember. Ember can simply being showing a puppy love towards him. I guess you might say that Ember is the type that is easily swooned by her knight and shining armor. . . so I supposed she's somewhat flirty, if not a tad bit of a floozy smilie

Cynder (Krome Cynder BTW) and Gary. . . just no. No. No-no-no-no-no - HECK NO - . . . no smilie . I would say otherwise if TLOS story wasn't shoved down my throat and Cynder actually had a better personality (Not the best in ANB and TEN but it shows potential IMO smilie). IMO I hate it when the game developers hint on a love interest in the games and then gives us this crappy storytelling to go with. It just doesn't mix well to me, and just makes the player endure absolute nonsense smilie .

To me, I don't even think that Cynder and Gary should be friends, on good terms yes, but friends no. I say this because of the lack of personality that Cynder already shows, to me if she would stay away from Gary she wouldn't have turned into Mary in DotD (Yes, I being superficial here and saying that's its all Gary's fault smilie ). Also considering that she spent most of her life in darkness, I'm pretty sure she be itching to catch up on lost times rather than seeking a significant other so early in her life smilie.

I fully agree .
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4263
#4 Posted: 16:59:20 07/04/2010
You know you said Gary? There's a member on here who has a dragon called Gary, so maybe make it clearer that you don't mean him
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#5 Posted: 18:28:54 07/04/2010 | Topic Creator
It mean Legend of Spyro, I'm gonna have to start that too if you don't mind, it gets confusing.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#6 Posted: 20:36:53 07/04/2010
SpyroXCynder, they are the same species so its not wrong and hybrid children. Cynder can fend for herself and is not all "ahh Spyro!" and helpless (DOTD Cynder not helpless KROME CYNDER). So SpyrosmilieOTDCynder.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#7 Posted: 20:44:36 07/04/2010
He's best alone. I think the best love interest for him would be Ember, since the relationship is not canon, and therefore ppl can choose to think S and E are in love and draw all the fanart they desire, and those who want him single can have it that way. If Spyro MUST have a GF, I vote for Elora. She's just so cool, she's strong and independat without upstaging Spyro and she's not a damsel in distress either. If S x C has to stay (shudder) they the reeealy need to improve upon her in almost EVERY way! I mean SEVERELY improve her attiude, personality, dialouge, and make her less sexy so fans don't draw and write yiff the way they do now.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#8 Posted: 21:47:35 07/04/2010
Either with Elora or a dragoness in fanfiction. (No, not Cynder... <<; This she-dragon can be fiesty and full of fire, that's right for Spyro)

Other than that... like Spyro_LUVA said, he would be best alone. (In AHT/SL, and the Season Era too! JMO)
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#9 Posted: 22:40:33 07/04/2010
In my opinon Cynder is perfect for TLOS Spyro...Because they both are...Sues.

Now for Orginial Spyro..Ember was nothing but AMY ROSE and elora Was ment to be a interest but the Dev's thought it was.

I prefer if Orginial was a Lone wolf
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#10 Posted: 00:58:17 08/04/2010
I have ALWAYS supported Cynder x Spyro, but that's just me.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
#11 Posted: 01:38:12 08/04/2010
Quote: Queen_Cynder
I have ALWAYS supported Cynder x Spyro, but that's just me.

Yeah. In TEN Spyro was actting like he likes Cynder.
#12 Posted: 06:11:35 08/04/2010
No ****
#13 Posted: 10:40:54 08/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: shorty
Quote: Whitedragon

And now for the last one, Spyro X Ember. I do not understand why people hate Ember, just because shes not a pretty and 'sexy' as Cynder. I judge a character by the intresting personality, not their looks. But who knows, Spyro could be too shy to admit his love for Ember. Ember might have just gone for the other guy because she began to feel shy.

I think Ember is horribly too pink! I'm not a girly girl so,yeah I don't like pink!Plus her girly personality!

My ratings:
Spyro/Elora-5/10
Spyro/Cynder-9/10
Spyro and Ember-2/10

I'm not a girly girl either, thats why I hate Cynder. Cynder is just a boring character. But when you play as Ember, you almost feel as if you are her, because you don't know much about her, but you can make it up yourself. Same with Flame.
#14 Posted: 20:12:18 08/04/2010
^ True, true
---
#15 Posted: 22:25:20 08/04/2010
Having a crush isn't a personality.
---
#16 Posted: 22:45:56 08/04/2010
I see, but it's better to be able to make a character into what you want than to be stuck with one that's horrible. Even more so when the character is a sort of love interest for the main character. This is especially true for characters like Spyro, as I personally can't see the Spyro I love with a GF. This is why Ember is great, it's not canon so fans can choose to see them as a couple IF they want or keep Spyro single IF they want. And if they choose to make them a couple the fans can make Ember however they want. Girly, fun, tough, sweet, whatever.
---
icedragonmacey2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1432
#17 Posted: 22:49:33 08/04/2010
well, cynder x spyro, a.k.a. spyro x cynder.
---
http://spyroobsession.weebly.com/index.html
This is my website! Please join! ^
#18 Posted: 22:50:54 08/04/2010
I see Ember as a girly girl.

Crushes can make some girls like that. In reality you could make Ember into whatever kind of girl you wish.
---
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#19 Posted: 23:37:17 08/04/2010
Quote: Jackson117
In my opinon Cynder is perfect for TLOS Spyro...Because they both are...Sues.

Too true. XD
Cokuruscana Red Sparx Gems: 70
#20 Posted: 05:58:48 09/04/2010
I personally don't see him falling in love at his current age. Both Insomniac and Sierra Spyro.

However, I'm sure he'd mature enough to the point where he would, indeed, be interested in someone. I personally like the EloraxSpyro pairing the best. I like how, in the games, they weren't blatanly in love, but in the last game they did hint at a relationship. Though, it was just beginning.

I also like the potential of Spyro and Ember. Cute pairing.

SpyroxCynder, I like. But, I do admit, I think they rushed into that pairing. I don't mind them together, but I just don't see them immediately hooking up, especially after all they had to deal with in their seperate lives. I thought there should have been more time for them to get to know each other, you know? Then, later down the road, I could see them admitting feelings for each other.
---
Tales of Flames and Embers is currently in progress.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#21 Posted: 07:22:28 09/04/2010
Quote: Zackeio

IMO, Spyro is not the type to fall in love so. . . lawlessly (easily if you will <_<). Although the relationship between Elora and Spyro does seem to suggest otherwise, note that Elora does seem to be way older than Spyro (Ok :roll: probably like 6 - 9 years older). True she might admire some of his traits, but Spyro doesn't seem to have the experience or the mind set to handle such a relationship :\.

Spyro and Ember seems to boarder on the lines of the comical, girl chase guy, guy runs from girl ordeal (Sonic and Amy anyone?). Spyro clearly shows that he's not into that mushy goo-goo stuff in AHT and simply wants to be friends with Ember. Ember can simply being showing a puppy love towards him. I guess you might say that Ember is the type that is easily swooned by her knight and shining armor. . . so I supposed she's somewhat flirty, if not a tad bit of a floozy :\

Cynder (Krome Cynder BTW) and Gary ( :legend: ) . . . just no. No. No-no-no-no-no - HECK NO - . . . no :) . I would say otherwise if TLOS story wasn't shoved down my throat and Cynder actually had a better personality (Not the best in ANB and TEN but it shows potential IMO <_<). IMO I hate it when the game developers hint on a love interest in the games and then gives us this crappy storytelling to go with. It just doesn't mix well to me, and just makes the player endure absolute nonsense ¬_¬ .

To me, I don't even think that Cynder and Gary ( :legend: ) should be friends, on good terms yes, but friends no. I say this because of the lack of personality that Cynder already shows, to me if she would stay away from Gary ( :legend: ) she wouldn't have turned into Mary in DotD (Yes, I am being superficial here and saying that's its all Gary's ( :legend: ) fault :) ). Also considering that she spent most of her life in darkness, I'm pretty sure she be itching to catch up on lost times rather than seeking a significant other so early in her life <_<.

I thought you were Razz until I finished reading your post. o.o

Anyway, I think Spyro shouldn't get a girlfriend. He is better of alone. But, if he must have one, then I would say Elora.

She is the only one out of the three to actually kiss him. :D
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:29:17 09/04/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#22 Posted: 10:02:29 09/04/2010
Ember Must be slapped...By Amy rose.
spyroGalNicoleX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1582
#23 Posted: 11:16:33 09/04/2010
like in the first comment when spyro says, "you've left me nothing to fight for" I dont actually get it tbh. someone care to explain. :/
---
''All I wanna be, is everything at once''
#24 Posted: 12:24:50 09/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Whitedragon

I think Ember is horribly too pink! I'm not a girly girl so,yeah I don't like pink!Plus her girly personality!

My ratings:
Spyro/Elora-5/10
Spyro/Cynder-9/10
Spyro and Ember-2/10

I'm not a girly girl either, thats why I hate Cynder. Cynder is just a boring character. But when you play as Ember, you almost feel as if you are her, because you don't know much about her, but you can make it up yourself. Same with Flame.

Cynder has more personality then Ember,but I don't play DS games so more about her might be discovered.All I know about Ember is that she has a crush on Spyro,that's the only personality that they gave her in the playstation game she showed up in.
And what's girly about Cynder?

How has Cynder got more of a personality? The characters aren't real. I judge a character how intresting they are. I like Ember because I like her intresting personality and when you play her you can make it up for yourself who she is. You almost feel as if you are her. Cynder has no personality at all and is too nice and 'sexy'. While as Ember is a cute, piggy little girl with a interest in Spyro, an Amy rose. Characters are good by everything but the looks. A nice, kind person would be a boring character. We wan't better personnalitys. I love that quote from AHT. Just because Ember's pink doesen't make her a horrible character. And Both of them are girly. Cynder is a girl, as of all girls (I don't seem to) drool over to play her, much like Ember to play as, despite slaughtered by the Cynder fanbase. Cynder has it in the pretty looks, unlike Ember and is drooled over. She wears pretty like chains, etc.
Mia the dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 930
#25 Posted: 12:24:58 09/04/2010
elora and spyro didnt ever like the idear of that
---
need me i'll be at wolf haven or chickensmoothie! chickensmoothie- Untamed Darkness
WolfHaven- EnvyWolf
#26 Posted: 12:26:43 09/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Why then?
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#27 Posted: 14:56:19 09/04/2010
Quote: spyroGalNicoleX
like in the first comment when spyro says, "you've left me nothing to fight for" I dont actually get it tbh. someone care to explain. :/

Ok, the actual quote is "Because he's left nothing left for me to fight for".

During the events of DotD when Mary ( smilie ) and Gary ( smilie ) are confronting Malefor; Mary concedes to Malefor's influence. Mary is smacking Gary from time to time while Malefor is in this long frivolous rant. During which, Mary is asking Gary "Why don't you fight back!?" and then Gary responds "Because he's left nothing left for me to fight for" .
smilie
Pardon me for just a sec.

* three minutes later *

OK! Now that my rage is gone. . . The quote that which Gary responds suggest that Gary doesn't want to fight Mary, or possibly he doesn't want to fight his own kind. Nonetheless this contradicts itself right off the bat. Because Gary shows no compassion or concern for Malefor when he and Mary are fighting him. Also this contradicts with what he did to Cynder ( ANB ) in the first game.

Gary had no problem opening up a can of butt whooping on her during those events, but now his hesitant to do so again to save her... It's just really, really poor writing smilie.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:57:48 09/04/2010 by Zackeio
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#28 Posted: 15:43:07 09/04/2010
None of them
#29 Posted: 18:30:49 09/04/2010
I always thought it was VERY strange that Spyro didn't fight back when Cynder attacked him in Malefor's lair.

I mean, after all he went through, and Ignitus sacrificing himself to help him get to that point, would he really throw it all away because of Cynder? I doubt he would have. :/ I agree with Zackeio, that was pretty horrible writing.
---
#30 Posted: 19:29:18 09/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Good point.
#31 Posted: 19:48:41 09/04/2010

I know! Wait, I'll see if can find an image to better illustrate all that's wrong with that saying ( I kNOW I've seen it before).

http://pumpkinsoup.deviantart....epalm-103689832

^Here it is!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:04:53 09/04/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#32 Posted: 20:23:01 09/04/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

I know! Wait, I'll see if can find an image to better illustrate all that's wrong with that saying ( I kNOW I've seen it before).

http://pumpkinsoup.deviantart....epalm-103689832

^Here it is!

That is absolutely hilarious. xD
---
#33 Posted: 22:50:05 09/04/2010
I know! smilie
---
#34 Posted: 22:55:55 09/04/2010
Rape ensured.
#35 Posted: 00:26:10 10/04/2010
Rape ensured.

What?!
---
#36 Posted: 01:19:55 11/04/2010
Rape ensured.

What?!

Im sorry..I was just thinking...TLOS Spyro...being a goodie Twoshoes...Then comes Puberty and he becomes a Rebel..Bad boy.

Damn i've seen too many Movie plot Twists
#37 Posted: 15:55:07 11/04/2010 | Topic Creator
Agreed.
#38 Posted: 18:54:13 11/04/2010
Rape ensured.

What?!

Im sorry..I was just thinking...TLOS Spyro...being a goodie Twoshoes...Then comes Puberty and he becomes a Rebel..Bad boy.

Damn i've seen too many Movie plot Twists

Oh...Ugh..
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#39 Posted: 19:19:31 11/04/2010
Cynder.
Cynder.
Cynder.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#40 Posted: 23:46:01 11/04/2010
Totally Elora. Of all the girls Spyro's ever met, she's the only person who ever did anything nice for him without having an ulterior motive.

Elora:
* felt bad for dragging Spyro into her problems
* helped him at every opportunity
* kissed him
* rode the love boat ride with him
* was originally designed to be his love interest
* gave him a second chance at the end of YotD
* didn't stalk him mercilessly
* gives him his space

Ember
* talked to him twice
* dumped him for Bandit in SL

Cynder
* tried to kill him at least three times
* betrayed him at least once, maybe twice
* only follows him because she has no choice in DotD
* runs away from him in TEN
* acts generally confused and uncomfortable
* seems to only "love" him for personal reasons

But, like with all things in fandom, the only pairing anyone will like is the their favorite. Personally, the Spyro pairing wars are pointless because all three of these ladies exist in different universes anyway. Elora wouldn't be interested in LoS Spyro, nor would Ember be overly infatuated with Insomniac Spyro, etc.

I always vote for Elora/Spyro because a) it was the first Spyro pairing, b) it's the most interesting (you can get two dragons together any day, but how often do you see a faun with a dragon, eh?), and c) I've yet to meet an obnoxious Elora fan, whereas there are several pushy Ember fans and don't even get me started on the Cyndorks.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#41 Posted: 00:13:28 12/04/2010
Cynder tried to kill him, yes, when she was corrupted.
Yes, she kind of did betray him once, I'll admit that.
But Malefor did that to her[that thing with his eyes] She wanted to lose, she told him to fight back. She didn't think she could snap out of it then. But she did. She was on Spyro's side.
She claims she "had to". I don't think Cynder would want to admit she'd be following him anyway. It's just her personality.
She ran away from him in TEN because she felt ashamed for trying to kill him. Of course she didn't want to kill him, but that was all she knew. She lived her life corrupted from the beginning.
Of course she's going to act confused and uncomfortable after all she's been through.
I don't see how she seems to loves him for "personal reasons"
She stuck by his side at the end, after the chain was broken.

Your reasons for Elora all are right. Cynder or Elora would work with him, but I just personally prefer Cynder.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#42 Posted: 00:18:00 12/04/2010
Honey, please stop trying to convince me how great Cynder is. I know you like her. So did I, a couple years ago. I don't anymore and I have my reasons. It's cool that you like Cynder, but trying to push others into liking her just pushes them away.

The last thing you said, though, that's awesome. smilie You like Spyro with Cynder and that's just fine. smilie
The Gunslinger Ripto Gems: 477
#43 Posted: 00:41:20 12/04/2010
Cynder X Ember X Sparx triad plz.
#44 Posted: 01:50:43 12/04/2010
Quote: Razz
Totally Elora. Of all the girls Spyro's ever met, she's the only person who ever did anything nice for him without having an ulterior motive.

Elora:
* felt bad for dragging Spyro into her problems
* helped him at every opportunity
* kissed him
* rode the love boat ride with him
* was originally designed to be his love interest
* gave him a second chance at the end of YotD
* didn't stalk him mercilessly
* gives him his space

Ember
* talked to him twice
* dumped him for Bandit in SL

Cynder
* tried to kill him at least three times
* betrayed him at least once, maybe twice
* only follows him because she has no choice in DotD
* runs away from him in TEN
* acts generally confused and uncomfortable
* seems to only "love" him for personal reasons

But, like with all things in fandom, the only pairing anyone will like is the their favorite. Personally, the Spyro pairing wars are pointless because all three of these ladies exist in different universes anyway. Elora wouldn't be interested in LoS Spyro, nor would Ember be overly infatuated with Insomniac Spyro, etc.

I always vote for Elora/Spyro because a) it was the first Spyro pairing, b) it's the most interesting (you can get two dragons together any day, but how often do you see a faun with a dragon, eh?), and c) I've yet to meet an obnoxious Elora fan, whereas there are several pushy Ember fans and don't even get me started on the Cyndorks.

That is no doubt just the worst Comparsion i have seen in my life that just for the fact of unfairness.

I noramlly won't defend ember or cynder But yeah.I have to now.

Ember: She is a fangirl...Confused and doesn't know what she wants..When we were kids..When everyone saw the most Coolest toy around...Everyone wanted it...In this case that toy is Spyro smilie

Cynder: Im sure Being corrupted and trying to kill him was not her controll...She could not help that...And even after that..She grieved about even being holded to it..She ran away because of the emotional weight and feel in love with him due to him caring for her.....If your gonna say TIED TO KILL HIM..That is as Bland as saying Spyro was himself when he killed Gaul in a Bloodthirsty dark menacing Way.

Elora: Is plain awesome...Hive five smilie
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me