Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Harry Potter and TLOS [CLOSED]
dragonlover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1122
#1 Posted: 03:02:52 15/11/2009 | Topic Creator
Has anyone else noticed that TLOS and Harry Potter are really similar before?
Cause if u think about it:
Harry and Spyro are both mentioned in prophecy.
Voldemort is the Dark Lord, Malefor is the Dark Master. They both want to take over the world. (psycho's)
Ignitus and Dumbledore were both 'mentors' and both died.
And both Harry and Spyro are destined to defeat either Malefor and Voldemort.

I just think that the similarities are freaky....
---
Supernatural is the key to the world of hot guys......
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#2 Posted: 07:41:34 15/11/2009
Yeah i suppose they are...
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#3 Posted: 08:26:34 15/11/2009
tLoS is similar to so many things it's not even funny. Just goes to show how much cliche junk there is these days.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 15:50:32 15/11/2009
Harry Potter
Lord of the Rings
The Matrix

Thats three things I can think of now... We should make a whole list if people keep adding...
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#5 Posted: 15:57:13 15/11/2009
Oh yeah . . . but Ignitus dosn't truly die.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
cynder 9999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#6 Posted: 16:34:04 15/11/2009
weird!!!
---
Leaving, For good..
Ice Fire Gold Sparx Gems: 2790
#7 Posted: 04:57:08 16/11/2009
Oh oh and both harry's and Spyro's there pearnts died!!! Wait did Spyro's pearnts die?
---
She pulls up the covers and shivers in fright she hides from the colour that rides on the night
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:57:30 16/11/2009 by Ice Fire
undertow25 Green Sparx Gems: 324
#8 Posted: 08:04:28 16/11/2009
I find it more similiar to LOTR, the fact that Spyro is voiced by Elijah Wood really doesn't help matters.

In Harry Potter
Sirius Black is played by Gary Oldman. Gary Oldman plays the father figure in the LOS series. Both Sirius and Ignitus die. Coincidence? I think not!

Like how Gandalf dies and comes back to life
ivanus777 Gold Sparx Gems: 2080
#9 Posted: 14:36:50 16/11/2009
I think that both of them folow the concept which is known in writing as ''path of the hero'' here's the basic of the sistem:
1. A hero usually starts from scratch and is unaware of his true nature
Harry-wizard
Spyro-Dragon
2. The hero recives an object of power, or the power itself which is brought to him by someone
Harry-Hagrid
Spyro-Ignitus
3. Hero assembles a company ''usually two in totall'' and goes on a quest to defeat he villain
Harry-Ron,Hermione
Spyro-Cinder,Sparx
4.During the story someone (usually close to hero) dies
Harry-dumbledore
Spyro-Ignitus
5Eventually, despite impossible odds, hero manages to fight off the evil and triumphs.

You'l notice the similarity
---
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it, those who do are forced to watch others repeat it.
#10 Posted: 13:17:50 21/11/2009 | Topic Creator
yeah, my point exactly.
hey, what if there was a Harry potter and Spyro crossover fanfiction... hmmm..
---
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#11 Posted: 18:50:00 21/11/2009
Quote: dragonlover
yeah, my point exactly.
hey, what if there was a Harry potter and Spyro crossover fanfiction... hmmm..

Gasbangwallop
---
Keep smile
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#12 Posted: 01:38:43 22/11/2009
Nyahh.
ivanus777 Gold Sparx Gems: 2080
#13 Posted: 08:44:33 22/11/2009
Harry/Spyro= a very bad combo
---
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it, those who do are forced to watch others repeat it.
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#14 Posted: 06:19:47 28/11/2009
I read a section on some teen school paper that "the chosen ones" are getting too Clichéd. What does Harry Potter, Neo (Matrix), and Luke Skywalker all have in common? They are refered as the "chosen one". It's kinda sad that the writers would go write such a story or novel like this. There may be variations of sorts that revolve around this, but the ending turns out the same. The good side wins.

It's nothing now, but it's interesting to point out how do we like them in a certain way, despite the clichés slotted in. Some of them like it because it's the first time for those people to read that type of story, others want to read a different type of narrative story because they didn't like the "chosen one" plot, or maybe something else...
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#15 Posted: 07:11:58 28/11/2009
actually, it was Anakin that was the chosen one in Starwars, but anyway. You must realize that books are written about these people because it's a story of how a world regains balance. Think of it this way:
If harry was just another ordinary kid at hogwarts and wasn't special. When he killed Voldermort, it would seem weird. If an ordinary kid could kill him, then why could a full grown wizard do it?? That's what makes them special, because they are "the chosen one". Here's another thing; it can't be cliche because these books are all about creating a world. The term, "The chosen one" is used because that is what people would call it. Say if some great tyrant conquored the world, and it was foretold in some egyption tome that the kid born in 2024, December 20th would stop him, and only one kid was born on that day. We would call him "the chosen one" wouldn't we?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#16 Posted: 07:33:56 28/11/2009
Ah, thanks for pointing that out "BEST FAN EVER".

Also, this type of topic has been already similar to this topic:
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=24264
#17 Posted: 12:53:41 03/12/2009 | Topic Creator
hey, it was just an idea.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#18 Posted: 21:02:50 03/12/2009
Harry potter ripped off Star wars
#19 Posted: 04:24:38 05/12/2009 | Topic Creator
eh? how the hell did that happen?
I don't watch Star Wars.
---
HarryPotter Green Sparx Gems: 388
#20 Posted: 12:03:42 06/12/2009
Im a fan of both, looks like thats why I like Harry Potter too.
---
Harry Potter fan, and Spyro, and Lord of the rings.
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#21 Posted: 19:57:29 17/01/2010
you guys are missing 1 thing- both heros are connected to the boss:
spyro and malefor are both purple so spyro is like malefor
harry is connected by the scar voldemort left, connection
I NOTICED THIS IN HALF BLOOD PRINCE MOVIE!!!!!!! the similarities are SHOCKING!!!!!!!!
---
You gotta believe!
dragon master Yellow Sparx Gems: 1977
#22 Posted: 21:27:11 18/01/2010
I never noticed that before
---
Juggalo4Life
#23 Posted: 22:19:11 18/01/2010
Harry POtter is a complete copy of lord of the rings. which is a way better book by far
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
GoldenDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#24 Posted: 22:28:37 18/01/2010
Hmm....I will have 2 agree wid you there.
---
~Best friends 'till the end of time: GamingMaster_76smilie and Nicksmilie~
Everyone has a dark side. Whether or not you choose it is the question.
#25 Posted: 22:56:12 18/01/2010
If any1 wants me to give you all the similarities or copies they should be, i can.

LOTR dominates harry potter anytime. i've read all the books of both and seen the movies. Harry Potter is merely a copy of LOTR. the characters are copies, and themes are very similar. theres a reason why HP will never become a classic like LOTR. I prefer to veiw HP as a child's bedtime story.

COPIES:

Gandalf= Dumbledore (completely and utterly)

Frodo= Harry

Sam= Ron and Hermione

Legolas and gimli= Nevillie, luna (DA) etc

aragorn= Sirius (their story is pretty much exacty the same)

Dumbledore's army= The Fellowship

Horcruxes= Rings of power

and theres A LOT more.

In more detail:

Gandalf and Dumbledore:

Gandalf has a mysterious past, dark secrets, (you only know if you've read the book) they look the same, where almost the same clothing, act the same way, both have legendary weapons, both extraordinarily powerful wizards. Both very close to the main character, both die. both are very old, both defeat a so called 'undefeatable thing' such as the Balrog and Grindelwald AND THE LOST GOES ON AND ON...

Frodo= Harry

Both come from places that have nothing to do with the unknown world to them. Shire and Muggle world. "smaller people" they are made to look weaker than the more powerful characters. Harry has glasses, and frodo is a peaceful little hobbit. both at some time are getting taken over by the villain, (frodo and the ring/ harry and the mind connection with voldermort). Both leave with only small group of friends. For frodo, Merry, piipin and Sam. Harry has Ron and Hermione. Both are given powerful gifts from their fathers. Harry gets the invisibility cloak, Frodo gets the mithril vest and sting. or if you want to put it another way, he was given a CLOAK by the elves that would disgiuse him. What a copy...AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON....

Sam= Ron and Hermione

Both are peaceful and kind. Ron lives relativity poorly, just like Sam did in the Shire. Ron and hermione are the ones that carry Harry through dark times, same with sam to frodo. Ron is slightly clumsy like Sam and has an Inner strength, like Sam. AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON...

Legolas and gimli= Nevillie, luna etc

Both are characters that form a powerful bond together. Dumbledores army and Legolas and Gimli's friendship. Gimli has a secret about his father Gloin that he wantys revenge for, Nevillie had his parents killed and wants revenge. Both have the same humour.

Aragorn and sirius are INCREDIBLE alike. When Sirius meets Harry, Ron and Hermione they are terrified of him because of what people of heard of him. Same with when frodo meets Aragorn, they are scared of him. both are ashamed of a great happening. Sirius of how he let Peter pettigrew escape and aragorn how his ancestor, islildur didnt destroy the ring. sirius is an animagi, and therefore can track people well and is reasonably powerful wizard. Aragorn is a ranger at the begining, very good at tracking and can avoid being seen if he wishes, JUST LIKE SIRIUS.

both were formed in the time where their need was most desperate. Both made in a based in a place the enenmy wouldn't find (Rivendell/Room of requirement) The "leaders, harry or Gandalf leave. Or in gandalf's case, dies. Both roups are then taken over by another secondary person. Neville and Aragorn.

This is increedible obvious. both the rings and horcruxes can overtake someones body, they both can only be destroyed by very powerful souces. instead of there being 1 horcux like there is a ring, there is merely 7. although, there are more corrupting rings. sauron stored ALL his power in this one ring, and Voldermort put a bit of his very esscance inside the Horcruxes. COPY

So obviously from my review , you must all be able to see that Harry potter is naught but a lesser copy of LOTR, which would win any time of any day. There is very good reason why LOTR is a classic and HP will never be one. I hope this helps, and proves
my point.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:56 18/01/2010 by BEST FAN EVER
#26 Posted: 11:11:18 19/01/2010
Quote: BEST FAN EVER
If any1 wants me to give you all the similarities or copies they should be, i can.

LOTR dominates harry potter anytime. i've read all the books of both and seen the movies. Harry Potter is merely a copy of LOTR. the characters are copies, and themes are very similar. theres a reason why HP will never become a classic like LOTR. I prefer to veiw HP as a child's bedtime story.

COPIES:

Frodo= Harry

Sam= Ron and Hermione

and theres A LOT more.

In more detail:

Gandalf and Dumbledore:

Gandalf has a mysterious past, dark secrets, (you only know if you've read the book) they look the same, where almost the same clothing, act the same way, both have legendary weapons, both extraordinarily powerful wizards. Both very close to the main character, both die. both are very old, both defeat a so called 'undefeatable thing' such as the Balrog and Grindelwald AND THE LOST GOES ON AND ON...

Frodo= Harry

Both come from places that have nothing to do with the unknown world to them. Shire and Muggle world. "smaller people" they are made to look weaker than the more powerful characters. Harry has glasses, and frodo is a peaceful little hobbit. both at some time are getting taken over by the villain, (frodo and the ring/ harry and the mind connection with voldermort). Both leave with only small group of friends. For frodo, Merry, piipin and Sam. Harry has Ron and Hermione. Both are given powerful gifts from their fathers. Harry gets the invisibility cloak, Frodo gets the mithril vest and sting. or if you want to put it another way, he was given a CLOAK by the elves that would disgiuse him. What a copy...AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON....

Sam= Ron and Hermione

Both are peaceful and kind. Ron lives relativity poorly, just like Sam did in the Shire. Ron and hermione are the ones that carry Harry through dark times, same with sam to frodo. Ron is slightly clumsy like Sam and has an Inner strength, like Sam. AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON...

Both are characters that form a powerful bond together. Dumbledores army and Legolas and Gimli's friendship. Gimli has a secret about his father Gloin that he wantys revenge for, Nevillie had his parents killed and wants revenge. Both have the same humour.

Aragorn and sirius are INCREDIBLE alike. When Sirius meets Harry, Ron and Hermione they are terrified of him because of what people of heard of him. Same with when frodo meets Aragorn, they are scared of him. both are ashamed of a great happening. Sirius of how he let Peter pettigrew escape and aragorn how his ancestor, islildur didnt destroy the ring. sirius is an animagi, and therefore can track people well and is reasonably powerful wizard. Aragorn is a ranger at the begining, very good at tracking and can avoid being seen if he wishes, JUST LIKE SIRIUS.

both were formed in the time where their need was most desperate. Both made in a based in a place the enenmy wouldn't find (Rivendell/Room of requirement) The "leaders, harry or Gandalf leave. Or in gandalf's case, dies. Both roups are then taken over by another secondary person. Neville and Aragorn.

This is increedible obvious. both the rings and horcruxes can overtake someones body, they both can only be destroyed by very powerful souces. instead of there being 1 horcux like there is a ring, there is merely 7. although, there are more corrupting rings. sauron stored ALL his power in this one ring, and Voldermort put a bit of his very esscance inside the Horcruxes. COPY

So obviously from my review , you must all be able to see that Harry potter is naught but a lesser copy of LOTR, which would win any time of any day. There is very good reason why LOTR is a classic and HP will never be one. I hope this helps, and proves
my point.

Phail
---
Keep smile
#27 Posted: 17:08:36 19/01/2010
Quote: matesds

COPIES:

Frodo= Harry

Sam= Ron and Hermione

and theres A LOT more.

In more detail:

Gandalf and Dumbledore:

Frodo= Harry

Sam= Ron and Hermione

my point.

Phail

I know Harry Potter is. Its just a copy of many other books. Mainly LOTR
---
#28 Posted: 17:33:39 19/01/2010

COPIES:

Frodo= Harry

Sam= Ron and Hermione

and theres A LOT more.

In more detail:

Gandalf and Dumbledore:

Frodo= Harry

Sam= Ron and Hermione

my point.

Phail

Phail
---
Keep smile
neonspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#29 Posted: 18:51:45 19/01/2010
Ah but harry is.nt cute, Spyro is smilie lol
---
Cynder loves Spyro! They're gonna have a happy family with cute little eggs :3 ITS NOT THE END!(I'm actually crying!My DA: Draconicmaster.deviantart.com
#30 Posted: 19:11:21 19/01/2010

Phail

Phail

You got problems
---
#31 Posted: 11:46:28 20/01/2010

Phail

You got problems

Urerite
---
Keep smile
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:46:45 20/01/2010 by matesds
#32 Posted: 17:56:09 20/01/2010
good that you admit it
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#33 Posted: 17:57:29 20/01/2010
Incase you didnt know the whole Hogwarts grounds was found in the coding of Spyro: A Hero's Tail so maybe a crossover was planned once but TLOS sucks
#34 Posted: 17:57:35 20/01/2010
good that you admit it

Phail
---
Keep smile
#35 Posted: 18:02:30 20/01/2010
good that you admit it

Phail

EPIC FAIL
---
#36 Posted: 18:05:09 20/01/2010
good that you admit it

Phail

EPIC FAIL

Self explanatory pls

Report as spam pls
---
Keep smile
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me