Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Who hates Cynder? [Same reason]
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Who hates Cynder? [Same reason] [CLOSED]
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#1 Posted: 12:42:31 16/01/2010 | Topic Creator
She should still be Dark cynder.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:54:08 08/02/2010 by Whitedragon
HarryPotter Green Sparx Gems: 388
#2 Posted: 13:05:43 16/01/2010
I disagree smilie
---
Harry Potter fan, and Spyro, and Lord of the rings.
#3 Posted: 13:08:10 16/01/2010 | Topic Creator
I respect that, But I still think she's over rated.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#4 Posted: 13:40:52 16/01/2010
I do! Well, I hate DOTD Cynder.
HarryPotter Green Sparx Gems: 388
#5 Posted: 13:45:41 16/01/2010
Why might I ask?
---
Harry Potter fan, and Spyro, and Lord of the rings.
#6 Posted: 13:51:23 16/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah. It's like she turned Black to purple. OMG and whats the point in 4 elements?
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#7 Posted: 14:29:07 16/01/2010
i didn't like any design work in DOTD and Cynder's design was just awful.
neonspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#8 Posted: 14:40:49 16/01/2010
It like the character if not the character model they can go far with cynder as a character if they try especially when she's the only female, that is the only heroine in the series so far. Very unlike the soppy ember or the not very active elora, she's a strong character that is.nt nearly as downtrodden as Spyro seems to be in dawn of the dragon
---
Cynder loves Spyro! They're gonna have a happy family with cute little eggs :3 ITS NOT THE END!(I'm actually crying!My DA: Draconicmaster.deviantart.com
#9 Posted: 14:52:21 16/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Ember was better. She had a funny personality. And whats wrong with Elora?
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#10 Posted: 14:54:30 16/01/2010
This is just going to turn into a flame war.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#11 Posted: 14:55:29 16/01/2010 | Topic Creator
#12 Posted: 14:57:06 16/01/2010
What, now that some one said that they Cynder, and another Ember and Elora, every one just going to be arguing and takeing sides.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#13 Posted: 15:01:54 16/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Well this is a dicussion....
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#14 Posted: 15:39:15 16/01/2010
I liked Cynder in the first two games. ANB big Cynder was probably the best.

I didn't mind DotD Cynder's colour change, other than being slightly too purple. Perhaps a bit more blue would've done. But she had no personality and was as skinny as a stick.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#15 Posted: 15:58:06 16/01/2010
It's just that cynder is the only practical female role far, as in fighting and the only one to truly accompanies Spyro in any adventre he's ever had
---
Cynder loves Spyro! They're gonna have a happy family with cute little eggs :3 ITS NOT THE END!(I'm actually crying!My DA: Draconicmaster.deviantart.com
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#16 Posted: 17:10:45 16/01/2010
DotD Cynder is the one I hate. :/
She went from a greyish/black color to an obvious purple one.
Personally, they should've stayed with the greyish color.

I liked ANB's "dark" Cynder and of course TEN's "cute" Cynder.
Those two were badass.
|D
#17 Posted: 17:20:06 16/01/2010 | Topic Creator
I agree
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#18 Posted: 17:22:12 16/01/2010
I Do! I COMPLETELY do! She was better evil! She should have stayed that way and either died in ANB or stayed evil till the end of DotD. And if she went Small after that, no love should have occured between her and Spyro! I guess she wasn't to bad in TEN but still she was pretty meh. Y'know, nothing special. In DotD she is a WRECK!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#19 Posted: 17:25:00 16/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#20 Posted: 19:06:32 16/01/2010
I reckon it fits the plot well, how she was developed even if her character design was crap.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#21 Posted: 19:45:29 16/01/2010
Everything was crap.
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#22 Posted: 19:50:50 16/01/2010
Does that include your opinion?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#23 Posted: 20:11:23 16/01/2010
I only hate DotD Cynder. I didn't like how EL just messed her up in order for her to become a lethal weapon in battle. In her adult form in ANB, she didn't even look that skinny.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#24 Posted: 20:16:44 16/01/2010
Quote: BEST FAN EVER
Does that include my opinion?

Yes. It does.
Ice Fire Gold Sparx Gems: 2790
#25 Posted: 20:26:14 16/01/2010
I dont really like DotD Cynder
---
She pulls up the covers and shivers in fright she hides from the colour that rides on the night
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#26 Posted: 21:52:10 16/01/2010
....I better not say my opinion, lest my head be bitten off....
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#27 Posted: 21:57:02 16/01/2010
I like DOTD Cynder and her desine. But the colour was wrong. She is the only female heroin and the only female character that stays in the 3 games. I dont like good krome Cynder, her desine was poor and she had no personality except a helpless damsel in disstress. I liked dark krome Cynder, her desine was ausome! She had a good evil personality too.
#28 Posted: 22:04:10 16/01/2010
Okay, I'm going to be blunt. I hated TEN Cynder. ANB Cynder was alright, but I'm glad she became good. I liked Cynder in DotD the best because I prefer strong female characters, rather then damsels in distress. I admit her personality needs work, but I found nothing wrong with her design.

*gets fire extinguisher*

Also, can we please stop with 'this character is great/terrible!111!' topics.
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#29 Posted: 22:38:03 16/01/2010
I like the ANB Cynder the best. Her TEN design was good, too. But her DOTD design...not so much. She wasn't enough black, too purple.
---
N/A
#30 Posted: 22:47:02 16/01/2010
I agree with isis: a good strong female character that is.nt just there to be saved or rescued. There are.nt enough female heroes in adventure games like this and the doTd cynder sets a bar for a girl that can protect herself and be strong in character and abilities
---
Lord_of_Sheeps Gold Sparx Gems: 2352
#31 Posted: 22:53:03 16/01/2010
Back in high school I had come across this one picture that a certain artist, Sakuyamon I believe, had done. It was consisted of Cynder running towards Spyro and Sparx as the elements were swirling around them or something related.

At first, I had thought that Cynder was just this artist's fan character and looked in the other direction. After graduating from high school, and feeling very bored at the time, I had decided to check up on my old childhood games (Blazing Dragons, Croc, Crash Bandicoot, ect.) and I had come across Cynder once again, but this time I had found out that she was an official character.

Almost immediately I started to dislike her.

Now don't get me wrong or anything, I'm not so shallow as to judge a person on the outside, so in order to understand more of this character I went on a massive hunt to learn more about Cynder, like going on Wikipedia, googling, and also youtube to watch the walkthroughs of the entire "Legend" series.

Needless to say, this only increased my hatred of Cynder.

For the most part, during ANB I had these high expectations that she was going to be this bad*** villainess. Nope, she turns out to be the same age as the purple booger and shrinks down to his size and is fatter than a fat Albert.
Disappointed, I dreaded looking at TEN, but I had to for my research. Throughout the game I couldn't help but joke about Cynder's emoness (though I do understand her reasons, but it was the fact that she was being controlled that urked me) and her damsel in distress routine, even though fans think she was so~ awesome. Not.
Finally came DoTD that really ignited my hatred. The first thing was her appearance, she doesn't even look like she could handle a fight by herself let alone an entire armada.
Then there was her sudden "sassy and preppy" attitude that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Also the sudden "I love you" at the end just sent a shiver up my spine and not in the good way either.

Now you know the history of how I have come to hate her, now listen to my reasons why.

1. Cynder is overated. She is this supposedly tragic girl who had been killing and destroying lives, ROFL pwning the entire dragon army, and have 4 elements for being "touched" by darkness? Not to mention she is supposedly "attractive," though I mostly blame Sparx for starting that.

2. Her fan base. Now before everyone starts throwing their rotten veggies at me, I'll admit that some of you are very decent and modest when it comes to being a fangirl/boy. But there are many others out there that just make me wanna do a facepalm, a brutal facepalm. These sort of fans will go out of their way and hunt down any thing that has Spyro paired up with another girl or boy and type in all caps "OMGZXZ WATIS WRONG WITH U!!!!11!1 SPYRO BELONGS WITBH CYNDER BCUZ THEY LUV EACH OTHER!!11!1"

3. ... I'm not even kidding here, that's what some of them type. Also a majority will go off on any Spyro related forums and talk about how "sexy" Cynder is or how "beautiful" she is and so on and so forth that it's become rather disturbing.

4. Bland and almost emotionless personality. I've seen some pretty depressing characters, some that even tugged at my heart strings, but looking Cynder felt like I was looking at a wall.
  5. Dull and boring.
    There is no spice to her personality and the one time where the directors decide to give her one, they made her a preppy barbie girl.

6. Ember or Elora Bashing. Wait, why am I bringing up these two? Well I like to read fanfictions and and comics in my spare time. Well what I have discovered is that many of the Cyntards absolutely love to either torment Ember/Elora or just totally ruin their personalities by either making them possesive, obsessive, or just plain B*****.

7. Whether this is because they view these two as threats to their pairings or rivals or for other reasons, is not very well known, but this is what I think:

Ember- Possibly one of the most hated characters (aside from moneybags) due to one of the following reasons:

A) She's pink. I kinda view this reason as more racial than anything else. If there is someone you should blame is either the concept artist or the game designer.

B) Her voice. Let me tell it to you guys straight- FLAME IS ALSO VOICED BY THE SAME PERSON! So if you hate her voice, then you can't just say you love Flameā€™s when they have the same voice actor.

C) She's girly. Well what's wrong with being girly? Amy Rose from Sonic is girly, and she ranked in 5th place in the popularity polls. I think it's nice to have a girly girl to balance out a world like Spyro's, in fact I have seen many fan characters in rps that state in their characters profile that they're "not girly" but then later on they start doing very girlish things.

D) OMG SHEZA STALKERS!!!1!!11... Well obviously no one ever bothers to play Shadow Legacy, otherwise we'd have more fanart of Ember/Bandit. Though to be honest I think many of those fans secretly like Spyro/Ember and just don't want to come out of the closet in fear of being shunned.

E) They just want to follow the crowd. This is also true, before Cynder came into the picture, there used to have been many Spyro/Ember fans but once they heard of Cynder, they just automatically jumped on the Spyro/Cynder bandwagon and began this "hate Ember" riot for no reason at all.

F) OMG SHE'S A MARY SUE!!!!!
    She barely had enough screen time in "A Heroes Tail" how the hell can she be a sue, unless you're talking about being able to play as her (but let's not forget, collecting all the flower and fire eggs let's you unlock the Ember and Flame skins, so it's basically Spyro running around in drag). I view Ember as perfect fanfic material since I can make up whatever past she had, change her personality into whatever I choose and it would all make sense, how cool is that?

Elora- Now this one I am stumped a bit, but then again I'm an Elora fan, but I think these are some of the reasons why:

A) She and Spyro are both different species. I think this is one of the major reasons why so many are against Elora/Spyro, but let's not forget that interspecies relationships have existed for a very long time, some have been dated all the way back in Ancient Greek mythology.

B) She's too bossy. Well as stated by Razz in another post, Elora was under stress due to Ripto's muckery in Avalar, so if she had come across as being bossy was more than likely because of that. But let's not forget that she and the people of Avalar decided that because Spyro had done so much for them, that he should get some rest.

C) She's annoying. First Money bags, then Ember, now Elora, seriously guys, who else isn't?

D) Well what about the Epilouge from RR? Well obviously she learned to "forget and forgive" and even offered Spyro to come back Avalar for a visit at the end of YoTD.

I will admit in saying that Cynder would have been better off as a villian but I would have liked it if she was either:

1. Spyro's mother who fell under Malefor's influence and had become obsessed in releasing him.

2. Cynder was a crazy schizophrenic who believed that she was destined to rule by Malefor's side.

3. Cynder was a dude.

It's like what radio DJ's do with very popular songs; They play it over and over again until you get sick of that song.

Sorry Cynder, but your song's been played one too many times and I can't stand it any longer.
#32 Posted: 22:56:15 16/01/2010
I agree with Isis.
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#33 Posted: 23:10:32 16/01/2010
Cynder+Evil=Epicness
Cynder+Good=Mehhh....
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#34 Posted: 23:54:21 16/01/2010
I like the fact that Cynder joined up with Spyro and I was even an SxC FAN at the end of ANB, but the fanbrats and the Ember/Elora bashing turned it bitter. I've proposed a few solutions:

1. De-Sueify Cynder
In my AU, Cynder has a small appearence like in TEN, yet slightly mature at the same time. She only knows the poison and shadow elements and her contact with darkness only made them slightly more powerful. As for a personallity, she is now dark, sarcastic, and sadistic aswell as a bit irratable. However, she is willing to get along with anyone who isn't a complete arse.

2. Do the same with Ember
Ember isn't a definate Mary-Sue but she is generic and an Amy Rose rip-off. Solution: Make Ember optomistic and friendly, but not girly and stalker-ish. Also, mature her body just enough to where she doesn't have the "pikachu fluffy" appearence.

3. Leave Elora Alone
I don't give a flying fudge what you think, there's really nothing wrong with Elora in my opinion.
GoldenDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#35 Posted: 00:08:58 17/01/2010
I agree, BlinktheCookie.
---
~Best friends 'till the end of time: GamingMaster_76smilie and Nicksmilie~
Everyone has a dark side. Whether or not you choose it is the question.
#36 Posted: 00:38:56 17/01/2010
Yay! Cookie has been agreed with!
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#37 Posted: 00:52:26 17/01/2010
Lord of Sheeps, Cookie... You guys win the thread. Literally.
Sharon_Spirit Green Sparx Gems: 287
#38 Posted: 00:56:33 17/01/2010
Quote: Miles Tails
Cynder+Evil=Epicness
Cynder+Good=Mehhh....

Agree... she changed totality her personality on DotD, and the dark purple colour...FAIL, I prefere she black, evil..... and skinny.
---
Without pc = without account smilie
#39 Posted: 00:58:22 17/01/2010
Quote: Sharon_Spirit
Quote: Miles Tails
Cynder+Evil=Epicness
Cynder+Good=Mehhh....

Agree... she changed totality her personality on DotD, and the dark purple colour...FAIL, I prefere she black, evil..... and skinny.

Honestly, I swear a saw a small hint of Cynder's DotD personality in TEN...
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#40 Posted: 00:59:15 17/01/2010
^ Neither did I.
#41 Posted: 01:04:45 17/01/2010
Quote: Aqua-Dragoness
Lord of Sheeps, Cookie... You guys win the thread. Literally.

Whoooooooooo! Thread Win!
#42 Posted: 12:18:27 17/01/2010 | Topic Creator
I hate all the Cynder rip offs.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#43 Posted: 12:21:52 17/01/2010
Here is what I think about Cynder. And what I think about Ember and Elora.

ANB Cynder:
PERFECT. She was so awesome and badass as a villain. She should off stayed like this until at least the end off TEN. She showed that females CAN kick ass when they want too and not always a damsel in distress. Her personality was cool. It was so badass... I miss her ANB form....

TEN Cynder:
Okay, I didn't like the fact that she got the damsel in distress role. She would off been better as an anti-hero. That's what disappointed me the most about TEN Cynder. And the game was not only focused on trying too defeat Gaul, but it was also about rescuing Cynder. Another female that needs help, yaaaaaay. >_>

But the rest about her is awesome/fine. Okay, I guess I like the 'emoish' personality, but that's just me. Heck I love characters who hardly talk and there personalitys are mysterious, dull, serious and somewhat cold hearted. So I guess you can say that that's my fave personality. Cynder was like that in a way, which made me like her. And she did kicked ass at the end. I mean, she showed some bravery at the end off TEN, including knocking the darkness out off Spyro completely.

DOTD Cynder:
OMG, what on earth did they do to her!? It looks like as if they just grabbed her, put her on a diet for a long time, then shoved her back into the game again as a teenager. Not the best way to go. I mean, in the previous game, she was a cute, small, greyish black dragon. Then in the next game, she is suddenly an underweight, purple/dark blue dragoness that looks like she has b00bs! Which reminds me, how can she change to the opposite to what she previously was when she was inside a crystal?! Another plot hole discovered. >_> Also, the way she is designed makes her look like she can only take a couple off blows before she gets bowled over.

As for her personality, it sucks. Great, do I have to explain? Okay, I will, but only because I have nothing else to do.
Her personality makes her a marry-sue. She seems so perfect, not to mention she can get a bit snappy at Spyro. Her voice actor didn't make her better. She sounded emotionless. And there was a sentence that frustrated me a bit.
Cynder: Spyro... Let it go...
WTF Cynder? Let it go? LET IT GO? Ignitus was the one who trained Spyro. He was the one that made him what he was today. He was like a father figure to Spyro, and Cynder just says too "let it go"? With not emotion in it what so ever? Cynder, I think your selfish side to your personality is coming though. .__.

If you want to know my opinion on the SpyroxCynder fantards, then read Lord_of_Sheep's post.

As you can see, I like Krome Cynder, but I hate DOTD Cynder.

Ember:
Okay, I admit, I don't really like her. She is annoying. But she can become an awesome character if the creators gave her personality a wipe and make her less off another Amy Rose, but still make her a tad girly. Characters who are girly make games well balanced, like what Lord_off_Sheeps said. I would prefer EmberxSpyro then CynderxSpyro any day. Besides, there isn't any fantards that I heard off that go crazy over EmberxSpyro, unlike CynderxSpyro.

Elora:
Elora is the best female for Spyro. She isn't annoying, she isn't a merry-sue, and I'm sure she can kick some good ass if she wants too. Her personality is fine. There is nothing wrong with it. SpyroxElora is, IMO, the best Spyro couple. All though I do prefer Spyro to be single.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#44 Posted: 15:01:30 17/01/2010 | Topic Creator
I agree with you apart from Ember. Not all Characters have to be perfect, Her personality is funny.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#45 Posted: 17:49:14 17/01/2010
Aww this topic grew huge, all my ponts have been said:

Ok, why I hate Cynder?

1. Overrated
2. A suposed "sexy" design. (O_o) which makes the fantards go insane with "sexy" Cynder pictures.
3. Her personality.
A. It was horrible on DOTD because she was emotionless and it's the most over used personality ever.
B. It changed to much. (Evil, Damsel, suposed to be BadA$$ but was just an over used)
4. Ember and Cynder wars (With Cynder always winning even though no one really knows what Embers like, she might have some super rare untra power. How can we tell?)

And 5, the one that REALLY annoys me..

5. ULTIMATE MARY SUE!
#46 Posted: 17:57:43 17/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Most certainly agreeable!
Spyros Dagger Yellow Sparx Gems: 1495
#47 Posted: 18:02:12 17/01/2010
Overrated but I think she's ok
ravenouscynder Ripto Gems: 864
#48 Posted: 18:05:13 17/01/2010
to be honest i miss ANB cynder when she was all evil
in DOTD i like her graphics (the colours)
but i prefer evil cynder
#49 Posted: 19:03:27 17/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Mostly I think she shouldn't exist at all. Spyro should of stayed Spyro.
#50 Posted: 22:43:40 17/01/2010
May I please ask just what makes Cynder a Mary Sue? Because I can't see it. Then again, my definition of a Mary Sue is someone who's 'god', which she was not...
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me