Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Why does everyone love Insomniac?
Page 1 of 1
Why does everyone love Insomniac? [CLOSED]
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#1 Posted: 03:01:59 08/01/2010 | Topic Creator
From what I've heard, most fans love Insomniac and want them to take the series back. But didn't they ditch Spyro because he couldn't hold a gun? Personally, if one of my favorite companies ditched my favorite series because it couldn't suit the new style of gameplay the company was aiming for, I wouldn't be pleading for them to take it back. Seems rather shallow if you ask me.

-waits for noobs and flaming mixed with sensible posts-
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#2 Posted: 03:06:05 08/01/2010
I understand where you're coming from, but most people look past why they dumped it and want it back because they miss the original Spyro. I personally would like a game simalar to Shadow Legacy.

Also, why do people keep telling the original fans to go replay the originals? Has it ever dawned on anybody that people are capable of getting tired of the same three games over and over again?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#3 Posted: 03:06:52 08/01/2010
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
From what I've heard, most fans love Insomniac and want them to take the series back. But didn't they ditch Spyro because he couldn't hold a gun? Personally, if one of my favorite companies ditched my favorite series because it couldn't suit the new style of gameplay the company was aiming for, I wouldn't be pleading for them to take it back. Seems rather shallow if you ask me.

Well, Insomniac's first game was Disruptor, which achieved critical success and was an early shooter. However it didn't sell particularly well, which did not please Universal at the time (seeing as Insomniac was still a subdivision of VU at the time). So, Insomniac tried a slightly different approach; they attempted to make a more kid friendly game. Only thing is, their "cute but feisty" character could only do so many things.

Insomniac really wanted to get back to shooter-variety games. Which is why, after the third game, they went independent so they could make Ratchet & Clank. The thing is, they ended up reusing a lot of gameplay elements from Spyro. An example of this is the various vehicles in the series, many of which were inspired by various vehicles Spyro could pilot.

And that's my two cents on this. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#4 Posted: 03:16:52 08/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: BlinktheCookie
Also, why do people keep telling the original fans to go replay the originals? Has it ever dawned on anybody that people are capable of getting tired of the same three games over and over again?

I can relate to that >.>

So, I got from what HIR said that Insomniac didn't really like the Spyro games all that much...Why would people want a company back that didn't like it as much as they should? That would be no better than Activision.
The way I see it, the best games are made from the companies that adore the particular game, and put in 110% into making it a success. I guess, though, companies these days don't love anything that doesn't make over 1 mil >.>
---
#5 Posted: 03:20:39 08/01/2010
I personally wish Eurocom would take Spyro back. Either that or whoever made SL.
#6 Posted: 03:24:39 08/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Eurocom was AHT, wasn't it?
---
#7 Posted: 03:29:30 08/01/2010
Yeah. AHT wasn't incredible, but it was cute.
#8 Posted: 03:31:09 08/01/2010 | Topic Creator
Of all the originals, it was my favorite. Never played SL.
---
#9 Posted: 03:33:35 08/01/2010
Shadow Legacy was like AHT only with multi-hit enemies.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#10 Posted: 03:58:34 08/01/2010
I think Sierra actually developed that game. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#11 Posted: 17:52:47 08/01/2010
Amaze Entertainment developed SL. (they also developed ANB and TEN for the DS)
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#12 Posted: 18:00:00 08/01/2010
I love Insomniac, besides they did all could with Spyro. His not the greatest character and expanding him any further would just waste money and time.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:01:20 08/01/2010 by Blackholes_Wolf
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#13 Posted: 18:02:23 08/01/2010
Why can't some people understand that the old Spyro is dead and gone? <.<
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#14 Posted: 18:05:27 08/01/2010
Quote: Zithdaitoh
Why can't some people understand that the old Spyro is dead and gone? <.<

I wouldn't say dead, remember that the next game after Enter the dragonfly was a couple of years later.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#15 Posted: 18:58:54 08/01/2010
I want the old series to return ,but perhaps Insomniac is the wrong company for the job.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#16 Posted: 19:26:06 08/01/2010
The only time that I think the originals should return is if Insomniac make it... It wouldn't be the same if anyone else did...
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#17 Posted: 19:47:40 08/01/2010
And insomniac did love spyro, have you seen the interviews? why would they have made 3 games? but i think that if we tried to make old spyro again, we would fail and lose fans. we should just play the old games once in a while to remember them, but move on. i agree, old spyro was my fav spyro, as well as many others' fav.
---
You gotta believe!
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#18 Posted: 21:09:58 08/01/2010
Quote: Cloudtail4ever

If thats the case, then it would be for the best. If they took Spyro back, it would turn into a shooter, and Spyro as we know it would be ruined.
Lots of people may hate TLOS, but It's obvoiusly in the right hands if the other company doesn't care about it anymore.
#19 Posted: 02:19:44 11/01/2010
That wouldnt be so bad. I play my brother's Ratchet and clank games all the time and their actually pretty good and they do give me a feel of the old Spyro.
neonspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#20 Posted: 12:21:31 11/01/2010
Old Spyro is old because of the new formats like Xbox 360 and ps3 the legend series is just as good even if he's not as funny or spunkey as the original character, it's because he's older now and it depends on when you were born as i grew up with Spyro and I still love the new games, other are born into the legend series, often never knowing of the original trilogy, i just love the characters not just the title.
---
Cynder loves Spyro! They're gonna have a happy family with cute little eggs :3 ITS NOT THE END!(I'm actually crying!My DA: Draconicmaster.deviantart.com
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#21 Posted: 00:03:15 12/01/2010
I acctlay like TLOS better. I found the orginal really annoying at sometimes. It's not bad, but I do hate some of them.
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#22 Posted: 00:21:09 12/01/2010
I love both trilogies, and i dont mind where Spyro goes back to (just get rid of EL for game designers >.>) I would love to see the Originals return, but only if Insomniac took control of them, they make the Original games....original :S But yet again i'd like to see a new game in TLOS universe, seeing as it had quite an entertaining story(apart from DOTD). I would turn completely away from Spyro if it was handed to a brand new game company and re-booted yet again, unless they made the game enjoyable and loved by most.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#23 Posted: 01:26:45 12/01/2010
Insomniac's too focused on their own games to notice the direction of the franchise. But they're probably still glad how passionate we are of the three first Spyro games made by them.

I love both trilogies as well.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#24 Posted: 05:01:08 12/01/2010
I love how everyone accuses Insomniac of "ditching" the Spyro franchise when, in fact, they were only under contract to make three games. When their contract was up, though they had other ideas for future Spyro games, Universal did want to renew it nor did Insomniac wish to push the topic because they had other projects they wanted to move onto.

As for why many people like Insomniac so much, it's simply because they are a company that makes good games that are fun to play. The Insomniac games, even a decade later, still get better reviews than any other Spyro game. I can't speak for every fan, but I personally missed the creativity and fun they brought to the series when they had it and feel that none of the developers who have been given the franchise since have been able to come close to that level of quality (nor are they ever likely to since Spyro is now just a dying franchise that Universal is still trying to squeeze money out of).
#25 Posted: 21:55:41 13/01/2010
I second that.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#26 Posted: 22:49:52 13/01/2010
I perpher TLoS universe, but like original Spyros personality (i dont own the 1st 3 but i loved AHT) I want the next game to be a more happy exitable TLoS Spyro.
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#27 Posted: 02:52:20 18/01/2010
Spyro was practically the first 3d environment game. without spyro, video games today might be really different, and my life would be... horrible, now that i think of it! and i agree with aura24's last post, definatly!
---
You gotta believe!
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#28 Posted: 02:58:11 18/01/2010
i like insomniac because the ratchet and clank series was really good, and Razz is right, they contract only had three games on it, and since they were running out of ideas the next game might have even sucked.
---
This old place has changed too much
Wolfie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 748
#29 Posted: 06:44:56 21/01/2010
well i do rarther the insomnac spyro because i ador the originals and when i first saw seirra spyro i was full on like wtf!! it took me weeks to get used to tlos spyro and the insomniac one was wayy cuter
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
Superspyrodude Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#30 Posted: 03:44:06 26/01/2010
So just because Spyro walks on all fours means he can't hold a gun?
Try telling that to Squirtle in SSBB.
He held one in his mouth, tell me why Spyro couldn't?
Eh, seriously though.
The graphics did improve on the newer games, I guess it's just the fact that we grew up with them that makes us love them so much.
If nothing else, the current copyright holders should redo the first game with better graphics and put it on the Wii as well.
Then we MIGHT be satisfied.
All I know is I love the old games. smilie
SSD~
---
I'm a music composer!
I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him, I am nothing. ~Sergei Rachmaninoff
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#31 Posted: 15:24:33 26/01/2010
Because it is useful information, I'm going to repeat it.

Quote:
I love how everyone accuses Insomniac of "ditching" the Spyro franchise when, in fact, they were only under contract to make three games. When their contract was up, though they had other ideas for future Spyro games, Universal did not want to renew it nor did Insomniac wish to push the topic because they had other projects they wanted to move onto.

The copyright holder of the entire Spyro franchise was, is, has always been, and will be until they've finally squeezed it dry and can get no more money out of it Universal.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me