Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
back to old spyro [CLOSED]
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#51 Posted: 20:56:28 20/12/2009
Yes. Stick with one or two topics and petitions instead of making lots of them. Making many of them just shows that you're desperate and accomplishes nothing.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#52 Posted: 21:36:00 20/12/2009
Ugh...Once again Aura, take your own advice! I don't like LOS so I won't play them anymore. If you don't like these topics don't look at them anymore. And as I've said, time and time again, IDO play the old games! Geez... I'm not going to like something just because it's Spyro if it's the not the kind of game I like! Don't you think I would like to just play any old game of any kind and call it awesome? At least that way I wouldn't have people like yo *****ing at me for my own personal opinions. Well we don't share the same opinion and I won't pretend otherwise. Now, I think we all know how futile the arguement is, so I'm finished fighting. I'll keep trying to restore Spyro to what i call his better years, and you can just satisfy yourself with LOS and whatever else happens to Spyro. I'm done with this little back and forth ours.
My faith in Spyro is not totally gone though. If in the next game they work out the kinks and plotholes, fix Cynder, and hopefully pump up Spyro's attitude I may still be a fan. But if it's like DotD containing massive plotholes or a sickeningly mopey Spyro or crappy Cynder, or if it is linear, gloomy or cleche, I'm done.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#53 Posted: 21:37:23 20/12/2009
HIR, I think everything I said was calmly stated, aside from the odd curse word. I wasn't mad, just telling it like it is.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#54 Posted: 21:41:31 20/12/2009
Well, you seem to be so vociferously voicing your support for old Spyro, it seemed that whenever somebody said they didn't like it, a little nerve exploded in your brain or something. XD
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#55 Posted: 21:50:13 20/12/2009
You know what, SpyroLUVA? Ever since you realized the mistakes and plotholes DotD made, you've become an annoyance in the forums with your stubborn opinions and persistent 'facts' and such. I'm sorry, but these petitions you've been spreading around here have gone way too far here, and it has to stop.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:24:31 21/12/2009 by Aura24
#56 Posted: 21:51:20 20/12/2009
Whatever your opinion may be, LUVA, there's certainly no need for you (or for other old Spyro fans) to make multiple topics/petitions about this. We heard you the first time. And if the company doesn't listen to you the first time, why should they listen the second time, or the third time, etc.?
---
charmanderfan Ripto Gems: 80
#57 Posted: 22:09:18 20/12/2009
would in it just spoil the storey if they went back to the old spyro
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#58 Posted: 23:09:11 20/12/2009
Why does this bother everyone so bad, I feel like were having an arguement on the playground smilie
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#59 Posted: 23:16:33 20/12/2009
So do I, it's entertaining to watch though.smilie
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#60 Posted: 23:39:38 20/12/2009
"I don't like LoS! I'm gonna turn gay now!"
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#61 Posted: 23:43:45 20/12/2009
Lol!smilie i wonder when NEW_SpyroLUVA will come back on to entertain me.smilie
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#62 Posted: 03:31:24 21/12/2009
Indeed, this is very entertaining. *sips tea* p_o
---
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#63 Posted: 03:33:20 21/12/2009
I'm going to repeat this:

If you're so fed up with nagging at the game company when it won't do any good, then why do you nag at the people who post these topics? You have nothing to gain and they aren't going to stop. It's just creating a big-ass argument that we need even less than we need this topic.
#64 Posted: 03:45:27 21/12/2009
Posting topics about online petitions on bringing the old spyro is what always start flame wars between the new Spyro fans and the old Spyro fans. These flame wars could've been avoided if there weren't some old Spyro fans posting topics about their online petitions everywhere and weren't so desperate to want the old Spyro back like it's the end of the world or something.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:49:09 21/12/2009 by Aura24
#65 Posted: 16:35:41 21/12/2009
There is no harm in trying and there is no use in telling them that it won't work.
#66 Posted: 17:21:36 21/12/2009
Tell that to the new Spyro fans who start flame wars.
---
#67 Posted: 17:23:15 21/12/2009
I'm trying to do that at the moment.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#68 Posted: 17:32:58 21/12/2009
Quote: BlinktheCookie
There is no harm in trying and there is no use in telling them that it won't work.

There's always harm done. Fights breaking out, money spent, time wasted, space wasted, lots of things are wasted for some silly people thinking they can bring the dead back. If it didn't work the first 3 million times why should it work now? Maybe if they realise this then the site could stop raguing about one thing at least.
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#69 Posted: 17:33:50 21/12/2009
Eh... couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread, but here's my two cents.

I loved the old Spyro games. They were certainly popular for their time.... I remember talking about the games with my friends at school and trying to complete YotD before my best friend. Whenever I mention Spyro to someone outside of a fansite or when someone sees me playing the old games, I always get a response like, "Oh yeah, I remember Spyro... those games were awesome when I was a kid." But most everyone kind of lost interest after Insomniac gave Spyro up.

Old Spyro coming back is not going to happen, though, and you can forget about Insomniac develping Spyro again; they have Ratchet and Clank now. Spyro's been taken in an entirely new direction and won't be going back. I'll sign the petition, because hey, BlinktheCookie is right; there's no harm in trying. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I did like A Hero's Tail and some of the GBA games even if they weren't Insomniac, but I lost interest in following the franchise when they started becoming linear, repetitive, and, in my opinion, boring. IMO the LoS developers should have just created a new dragon character as the hero of their games and left Spyro to die, because there are absolutely zero similarities to what Spyro was intended to be anywhere in TLoS. But I'm getting off-topic.

Those of you who are pointing out that the old ones aren't gone, I agree with you. I still like replaying them sometimes; somehow they never get old. smilie
#70 Posted: 17:37:14 21/12/2009
Quote: Tango

There's always harm done. Fights breaking out, money spent, time wasted, space wasted, lots of things are wasted for some silly people thinking they can bring the dead back. If it didn't work the first 3 million times why should it work now? Maybe if they realise this then the site could stop raguing about one thing at least.

If people would just realise that trying to convince us that this won't work is a waste of time then maybe we wouldn't have so many fights.
#71 Posted: 17:43:53 21/12/2009

If people would just realise that trying to convince us that this won't work is a waste of time then maybe we wouldn't have so many fights.

Still money, time and space wasted. Maybe, theres no harm in it. But it's still pointless, it's never gonna work. Why try?
#72 Posted: 17:44:34 21/12/2009
Well, at this point I'm caring less and less about Spyro, and I'm willing to let all debate on his existence fizzle off until the next game surfaces. <.<;
---
#73 Posted: 17:44:44 21/12/2009
Because trying isn't going to kill anybody and because we have the right.
#74 Posted: 18:14:48 21/12/2009
I enjoy a good debate too. It's not that I dislike the agreements, it's that I dislike how agressive others are being to me for stating opinions and such.

I whole-heartedly agree with Zithdaioth and BlinktheCookie! As I and many others have said before, If you don't like tiopics about old Spyro's return, don't look at them! If you're all so certain it wont work, that as Cookie said, trying wont hurt. And old Spyro fans are NOT the only ones who start flame wars. New Spyro fans fight amoung themselves about which Cynder is better and all that and they are equally responsible for the flame wars about old Spyro vs new Spyro.

I agree with you too HIR. Like it or not, a new game will come eventually, and at that point, we will all know what will happen in the next game.

Also, Aura, if the next game is in LOS universe it will not stop truely dedicated old Spyro fans like me from trying to get old Spyro back. Also, I have only ever made the one video about three petitions, none of which I made, and made one topic about it. I only tole Pikachu about it because he/she obviously want old Spyro back too. The mention of the video was obviously not for new Spyro fans. I won't bother explaining why not; I'm sure you all know why not. You claim we started this for posting petitionsand topics. I say you helped start it because you posted on a topic I think you knew you wouldn't like and overreacted to what the old fans are doing.

Though I will always try to get old Spyro back, I have given up on trying to get Insomniac to make the next game. As many people have said many times, Insomnicac will not buy Spyro and will not make the next game. Many people have also said a classic Style Spyro game would suck if anyone but Insomniac tried to make it. I disagree. I think if another company tried to make a classic Style Spyro game it would give the franchise the changes it needed without loosing site of what made Spyro what he is in the first place. Yep, that's right folks, I said Spyro needed changes. See? I am not totally against changes in the Spyro franchise. Sierra could have done a better job if they had tried to evolve the franchise, rather than discarding it and starting again from scratch. I recall someone saying "god forbid a game should evolve." They were of corse refferring to their beliefe that LOS was an evolution of Spyro. I disagree, because when something like a game evolves, some remnant of the beginnings of the game should remain, other than a similar likeness and same name shared by the main character of both eras.

I'm not going to appologize for being anoying because I am not afraid to point out massive plotholes and other flaws in a game or to openly express my distaste for the game or trilogy. Don't tell me I have to stop; you are a user here just like me and you do not have the power to make me stop or leave. Huh, now who's telling who what to do Aura?

Finally, you keep saying things like "all these topics" and "all these petitions" when in fact there have only been three different petitions mentioned and not that many topics.

Okay, done for now. That was not an outburst; everything i said was stated calmly.

P.S. That was uncalled for Ghakimx. Don't call people something they're not just because of an opinion. Or were you using the word gay as a substitute for the word stupid? Either way, please don't do that. That's all I'm going to say about that; I wish not to start a fight over your post.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:17:46 21/12/2009 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#75 Posted: 18:21:59 21/12/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Do you mean you think he's wrong or that you think he's right and anything I say against it is wrong?

I meant he's wrong.
#76 Posted: 18:26:42 21/12/2009
Obviously somebody said LoS haters are gay or something like that and Ghakimx made a joke by inferring that not liking LoS is going to make him start liking other men.
#77 Posted: 19:27:03 21/12/2009
That's retarded...
---
#78 Posted: 19:47:04 21/12/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
That's retarded...

It was Ghakimx, what did you expect?
#79 Posted: 20:05:10 21/12/2009
Happiness.
Cirno 9 Ripto Gems: 247
#80 Posted: 20:05:46 21/12/2009
I hope you guys get his joke.
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#81 Posted: 20:21:28 21/12/2009
If that was meant to be a joke of any kind, poor show bro.
#82 Posted: 20:33:09 21/12/2009
Ya didn't get it bro.
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#83 Posted: 21:14:57 21/12/2009
If I could settle this...

Spyro_LUVA, some petitions work.. though, some may not. I'm not trying to get you down or anything dude, but the ol' Spyro is at rest now. Can't you please leave him at peace?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:15:31 21/12/2009 by Aqua-Dragoness
#84 Posted: 21:15:19 21/12/2009
There are two ways that "joke" could have been interpreted:

1: You are calling everyone who hates/dislikes LOS homosexual.

2: You are using a derogatory term for homosexual as a substitute for the word stupid.

Either way, not funny. If I'm missing something, please explain your joke a little better. Ugh, why am I still talking about this? Unless the joke is going to be explained, this is the last thing I will say on the matter.
---
#85 Posted: 21:19:13 21/12/2009
Quote: Aqua-Dragoness
If I could settle this...

Spyro_LUVA, some petitions work.. though, some may not. I'm not trying to get you down or anything dude, but the ol' Spyro is at rest now. Can't you please leave him at peace?

Yeah, Old Spyro lived his era back in the PS1 days. Do you want him to be screwed up again by another game developer? I don't. ETD and AHT are examples of the old Spyro trying to be like the old trilogy, but they failed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:27:05 21/12/2009 by Aura24
#86 Posted: 21:27:41 21/12/2009
I think I said before that a new developer making a classic style game would deliver the changes that the franchise needed, without eliminating the things like spunk and lighteartedness that I think made Spyro who/what he is in the first place. And no, I wont drop this. Even if the nex game in and LOS universe game, I will still try, regardless of the unlikelyness of succsess. Even if they work out the kinks in LOS and make it likeable in my eys, I will never cease to love old Spyro far more that any LOS style game, and therefore, I will still try to drum up support for old Spyro and get more people to sign. You say my efforts are hopeless, but I say your efforts to get me and others to give up are hopeless. We'll never stop, so quit nagging us and ignore the petitions and topics on the subject and just enjoy your lives and holiday season.
---
#87 Posted: 21:31:28 21/12/2009
...You just don't get it...
---
#88 Posted: 21:40:25 21/12/2009
Quote: Aura24

I second that.
---
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#89 Posted: 21:41:13 21/12/2009
*raises hand* Any room for third?
#90 Posted: 21:48:40 21/12/2009
A forth? Why don't we leave the topic be, it will die, only 1 person seems to want to keep this topic alive and you can't double post.
#91 Posted: 21:50:30 21/12/2009
A forth? Why don't we leave the topic be, it will die, only 1 person seems to want to keep this topic alive and you can't double post.

Agreed. Let us stop posting here.
---
#92 Posted: 21:59:57 21/12/2009
If you honestly want this tpic dead, then don't post in it anymore. Problem solved.
#93 Posted: 22:02:40 21/12/2009
Actually, now there are 2 people who want to keep the topic going, and possibly more will do the same.
---
#94 Posted: 22:50:59 21/12/2009
If you honestly want this tpic dead, then don't post in it anymore. Problem solved.

Duh + duh = DUH!!!

What did I just suggest? We all go out and get sushi?
#95 Posted: 23:10:13 21/12/2009
You should've suggested it a long time ago.
#96 Posted: 00:24:57 22/12/2009
Quote: Aura24

Ugh, what? What don't I get?
---
#97 Posted: 00:39:06 22/12/2009
That you'll continue to try and continue whining and complaining to the game company and annoy us with your 'theories', opinions, and online petitions, even if the next Spyro game, and possibly the ones afterward, will be set in the LoS universe. Even if they do fix the plotholes and everything for us Spyro fans, you'll still whine and complain to them like a baby to bring the long dead old Spyro back. What kind of goal is that??
---
#98 Posted: 00:48:33 22/12/2009
Okay, I wouldn't say i'm being a baby. I think I'm being quite calm about the whole thing, if quite determined in my goals. Also it's going to be next to impossible to annoy ANYONE who doesn't like this stuff if the people who don't like it (like you) just ignore topics like this. The only time I appear to be complaining is when people many arguements towards me which warrant the same responses I've been amking for ages now. As I have said many times before, if we all just ignore the things which bother us and don't talk to people we don't get along with, then these arguements wont happen and no one will bother with complaints and no one will get frustrted. Maybe saying i'll never stop was an overstatement, but the game are going to have to be truely spectacular and contain everything I've ever wanted in any game if I am to stop trying to get the original Spyro back. Now, I only kept posting to refute the arguements people made (often the same ones more than once) but now I think I'm just about done.
---
#99 Posted: 00:53:31 22/12/2009
That's the problem with game reboots. Whether you hate the originals or the reboots, you're gonna make somebody angry and start an argument. That's why I've given up on arguing about Spyro. I try to debate this objectively. p_o
---
#100 Posted: 01:00:58 22/12/2009
I lost my interest in Spyro when I lost my AHT memory card. I still play YOTD, SOI, and SOF though.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me