Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Whats up with the elements in TLOS?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Whats up with the elements in TLOS? [CLOSED]
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#1 Posted: 18:19:35 23/10/2009 | Topic Creator
Whats up with the elements in TLOS? In TLOS, the elements should be Air, water Earth, Fire. But they've got Ice for water???? And Electricity for Air????!!!! If they knew anything about mytholigy, they'd know what the elements are. What do you think?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#2 Posted: 18:42:24 23/10/2009
Water? How could that defeate enimies? We saw how rubbish it was in AHT.
cynder 9999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#3 Posted: 19:15:08 23/10/2009
the elements i think it should have:

spyro:fire,ice, lava and star

cynder: shadow, wind earth and fire
---
Leaving, For good..
#4 Posted: 23:55:47 23/10/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tango

Well have you seen Avatar, Legend of Aang?The water bending in that is mint as. You can waste up if you can use water, and Ice and know how to use it well. I agree with you about the water element in AHT. It was rubbish. All he did was make a fountain. TRUE water bending can cane up.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#5 Posted: 03:30:35 24/10/2009
Quote: BEST FAN EVER
Whats up with the elements in TLOS? In TLOS, the elements should be Air, water Earth, Fire. But they've got Ice for water???? And Electricity for Air????!!!! If they knew anything about mytholigy, they'd know what the elements are. What do you think?

You know, for some reason I think that they're using a different meaning for the word.

Besides, it's a fictional world. No one said it couldn't have different elements than the real world does.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:31:42 24/10/2009 by Zithdaitoh
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#6 Posted: 11:08:58 24/10/2009
Elements are like powerful things you can control...
Eg. Fire, Lava, Earth, Shadow, Mist, etc...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#7 Posted: 15:12:47 24/10/2009
Quote: Bolt
Elements are like powerful things you can control...
Eg. Fire, Lava, Earth, Shadow, Mist, etc...

Now that sounds closer to how I like to think of it.

Quote: Tango

Not necessarily. If focused, I think that water could be damaging. Water can hit hard. We see that with tsunamis.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:14:21 24/10/2009 by Zithdaitoh
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#8 Posted: 15:48:56 24/10/2009
Quote: cynder 9999
the elements i think it should have:

spyro:fire,ice, lava and star

cynder: shadow, wind earth and fire

WHat would star do? ANyway, theres nothing really wrong with the elements, in fact i don't know what the heck your talking about.
Kusama Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#9 Posted: 16:52:17 24/10/2009

Really? What mythology? Do you know that Chinese elements, for example, are fire, earth, water, wood and metal? There are a lot more elements and it doesn't matter at all which ones are used.
#10 Posted: 16:58:26 24/10/2009
Precisely. What you're saying makes no sense at all.
---
#11 Posted: 18:14:26 24/10/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kusama

Really? What mythology? Do you know that Chinese elements, for example, are fire, earth, water, wood and metal? There are a lot more elements and it doesn't matter at all which ones are used.

Actually the chineese elements are wood, fire, stone metal and water. As i see elements personally, they are the things that structure our world.

Air = Everything needs air to breath
Water- two thirds of the world is water, and everything needs it
Earth- The very thing we live on, the very structure of earth
Fire= Represents all destruction in the world and the sun, of which we all need.
---
#12 Posted: 18:21:48 24/10/2009 | Topic Creator

Actually the chineese elements are wood, fire, stone metal and water. As i see elements personally, they are the things that structure our world.

Air = Everything needs air to breath
Water- two thirds of the world is water, and everything needs it
Earth- The very thing we live on, the very structure of earth
Fire= Represents all destruction in the world and the sun, of which we all need.

http://www.google.co.nz/search...&meta=&aq=f&oq=
---
#13 Posted: 18:37:24 24/10/2009

This is a little something called... opinion.

No matter how you look at it, not everyone is going to think of it the same way as you do. I personally see elements differently. For instance, I took my username after a dragon I created, who has the power of shadow. Therefore, I call him a shadow dragon.

Fire, ice, electricity... All these and more are what I consider to be elements.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#14 Posted: 19:38:03 24/10/2009
Electricity is technically an element...as what comes from lightning storms, hmm?
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#15 Posted: 20:29:46 24/10/2009
None of them ar true elements! Elements are gases, metals, 2 liquids and some none metals! (Im learnin about them at school in science)
#16 Posted: 20:32:01 24/10/2009
Quote: Ice Dragoness
None of them ar true elements! Elements are gases, metals, 2 liquids and some none metals! (Im learnin about them at school in science)

It depends upon how you view the word, what its meaning is to you... Some words have multiple meanings, after all.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#17 Posted: 20:32:38 24/10/2009
Not that kind of elements, Ice Dragoness.
#18 Posted: 20:40:22 24/10/2009

There are 2 types of Elements...
1) Gases, metals, etc...
2) Powerful things that you control...
---
I draw stuff.
#19 Posted: 20:52:38 24/10/2009
Quote: Bolt

There are 2 types of Elements...
1) Gases, metals, etc...
2) Powerful things that you control...

Powerful things that you control ar made up, i cant shoot magic out of my face (though it would be good if i could hehehe)
#20 Posted: 21:12:12 24/10/2009
Yeah, it is mythical...
---
I draw stuff.
#21 Posted: 21:14:17 24/10/2009
That would be its meaning for me when I use it for a dragon. And maybe some other creatures...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:48 24/10/2009 by Zithdaitoh
#22 Posted: 21:34:28 24/10/2009
^ what like a unicorn smilie
#23 Posted: 21:36:36 24/10/2009
Double post...

And no, I wasn't thinking of unicorns.
---
#24 Posted: 21:50:36 24/10/2009
^ sorry its my mobile, it does that sometimes. I was only joking about the unicorn thing.
#25 Posted: 21:53:23 24/10/2009
I was only joking about the unicorn thing.

I'm not offended, just so you know. I'm also not likely to yell at you, no matter what you say.
---
#26 Posted: 22:05:31 24/10/2009
Quote: Zithdaitoh
I was only joking about the unicorn thing.

I'm not offended, just so you know. I'm also not likely to yell at you, no matter what you say.

Good. I deleted that extra post now anyway.
#27 Posted: 22:07:01 24/10/2009
I'm more of the calm type... Don't like fights, don't like getting involved in arguments too much...
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#28 Posted: 22:40:42 24/10/2009
If you want to be really, really, really specific... These are the elements that they should have used in TLoS... The only real elements...

[User Posted Image]
#29 Posted: 22:55:44 24/10/2009
Um, that's not the kind of elements that should have been used... Can you imagine Spyro breathing out gold? smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:21 24/10/2009 by Zithdaitoh
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#30 Posted: 23:00:09 24/10/2009
I hated memorizing that in Chemistry. D:< But heck can you imagine Spyro attacking with Boron?

Also we've only seen some elements, the series is focused around the same dragons, I'm pretty sure there are other dragons out there with some random elements and abilities.
#31 Posted: 23:27:13 24/10/2009 | Topic Creator
Yes, we all know those elements as in well... those elements. smilie Spyro still has to master Air you know. I tells you he will master Air in the future. Well, thats my opinion.

Personally, I dont think electricity and Ice are elements really. I think they should be Air and Water... I just wanted to know if anyone had the same thoughts
---
#32 Posted: 23:36:16 24/10/2009
Yes, we all know those elements as in well... those elements. smilie Spyro still has to master Air you know. I tells you he will master Air in the future. Well, thats my opinion.

Personally, I dont think electricity and Ice are elements really. I think they should be Air and Water... I just wanted to know if anyone had the same thoughts

Like I said before, it depends upon what the word's meaning is to you... I respect your opinion, but try not to yell about it...
---
#33 Posted: 23:53:12 24/10/2009
He can later, maybe you never know. The LOS series always throws something in there.

They are kinda but still it just depends on what you think. But then again poison, shadow, and fear aren't elements so what the heck are they doing there? They really don't stick to the element rule so it doesn't really matter.
#34 Posted: 01:00:53 25/10/2009 | Topic Creator
That was a completely different story.... Cynder only had those powers because she was mutated and transformed.
---
#35 Posted: 01:03:38 25/10/2009
Isn't "corrupted" a bit better than "mutated and transformed"?
---
#36 Posted: 01:09:05 25/10/2009 | Topic Creator
Thank you! That was da word is looking for.
---
#37 Posted: 01:11:02 25/10/2009
Hey, it's no problem.
---
cynder 9999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#38 Posted: 12:59:14 26/10/2009
well the person who asked what star power can here is the awnser: star is all the elements mixxed together
---
Leaving, For good..
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#39 Posted: 00:28:33 30/10/2009
Water and ice are two similar substances, so Spyro could probably do both, but choses ice because it is stronger.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#40 Posted: 01:58:38 30/10/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Phantom
Water and ice are two similar substances, so Spyro could probably do both, but choses ice because it is stronger.

As far as I'm concerned, water can cane up. Ice is an extension of water. So if he had water, he could use both.
---
#41 Posted: 02:11:39 30/10/2009
K and? They are still elements and Cynder isn't so special that she's the only one in the world that has them.

Like I said before only time and the creators will tell.

Star power? Sounds alot like a god modding Mary Sue to me.
#42 Posted: 03:19:38 30/10/2009 | Topic Creator
ya... star power... thats exactly what i thort. God moding.
---
darkfurydragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3312
#43 Posted: 03:22:31 30/10/2009
Quote: Adria
I hated memorizing that in Chemistry. D:< But heck can you imagine Spyro attacking with Boron?

Or Ammonia and Hydrochloric acid for that matter smilie wait... that would be CAUSTIC smilie
smilie*breathes hydrochloric acid on ape*
Ape: AAGHHHHHHHH!!!!! *gets caustic burns from the acid, dies* x_x
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#44 Posted: 03:58:26 30/10/2009
Look guys, remember, this is just made-up. The elements don't have to be metal, water and all that other stuff. I think it's cool how they did the TLOS elements. There's nothing wrong with them.
---
N/A
#45 Posted: 17:15:49 30/10/2009
Quote: cynder 9999
well the person who asked what star power can here is the awnser: star is all the elements mixxed together

That would be called a mixture or compound.
#46 Posted: 18:46:28 30/10/2009 | Topic Creator
lolz. I hated doing chemistry. I could NEVER rememeber all those elements.
---
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#47 Posted: 18:51:20 30/10/2009
lolz. I hated doing chemistry. I could NEVER rememeber all those elements.

I still do Chemistry, but i got it taken off of me because i got put into a stupid group smilie I personally like Biology a looot better xD
#48 Posted: 19:03:32 30/10/2009 | Topic Creator
Well, its stupid with ma class. Since I'm in the top stream, we have to everything the other classes do... and more! I mean theres like 5 more projects. 5 more essays, although we practically never get homework. We had to learn all those elements off by heart and the other classes didnt... smilie
---
#49 Posted: 19:10:32 30/10/2009
Well, its stupid with ma class. Since I'm in the top stream, we have to everything the other classes do... and more! I mean theres like 5 more projects. 5 more essays, although we practically never get homework. We had to learn all those elements off by heart and the other classes didnt... smilie

Poor u.
#50 Posted: 19:14:53 30/10/2009 | Topic Creator
Im not sure if that was sarcastic... but I just made it sound worse that it was. So it aint that bad.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me