Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > How Many LOS Fans Have Played the Classics?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
How Many LOS Fans Have Played the Classics? [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#51 Posted: 02:08:15 26/09/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
^Don't you know the rules of Hollywood and the game studios? Dragons are only for killing and riding 95% of the time, and even though Spyro has some emotions, they're still heavily watered down as opposed to Mario.

But hopefully, by the time (if I actually can get there without California screwing my plans), that could be very different, and maybe dragons won't be associated with kids anymore either. smilie

Tch, rules? Dragons are fantasy, they can be anyway you want them to be coz we don't know how they really are. I say if a dragon is a main character it should have emotions! And what's wrong with a dragon being a kid? I think if it is a kid it can be a cheerful funloving creature, whereas if it is grown one might think it is a more serious and mature being.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#52 Posted: 05:12:16 26/09/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
^Don't you know the rules of Hollywood and the game studios? Dragons are only for killing and riding 95% of the time, and even though Spyro has some emotions, they're still heavily watered down as opposed to Mario.

But hopefully, by the time (if I actually can get there without California screwing my plans), that could be very different, and maybe dragons won't be associated with kids anymore either. smilie

Tch, rules? Dragons are fantasy, they can be anyway you want them to be coz we don't know how they really are. I say if a dragon is a main character it should have emotions! And what's wrong with a dragon being a kid? I think if it is a kid it can be a cheerful funloving creature, whereas if it is grown one might think it is a more serious and mature being.

I was explaining how Hollywood works, although I don't do that myself.

As for character types, adults work better. You got some backstory you can work with (they have a childhood behind them), you got the widest range story types you can write for without freaking people out (like romance, comedy, adventure, etc). An adult character can be cheerful and mature all at the same time, in fact, this can be a great pedestal for character development and interaction with other characters.

Besides, the Kid Hero is incredibly cliche, and you can't really do all to well to make one keep the kid-specific traits like real children have to make a believable character.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Akame Yellow Sparx Gems: 1584
#53 Posted: 09:23:49 26/09/2009
I know I prefer the little purple dude with attitude! I have Spyro all the games except the first one, ANB and TEN. I only got to play the original Spyro a couple of times, and that was years ago smilie. My Gateway to Glimmer has weird sound problems smilie!
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#54 Posted: 10:47:21 26/09/2009
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: Ice Dragoness
Quote: bionicle2809

I think by originals she meant the first three...

Hey I have played 1,2 and 3 at my friends house I just dont own them. It was me playing them at hers that got me in to Spyro in the first place.

The topic said have you played them, not do you own them...

I KNOW WHAT IT SAID I CAN READ YOU KNOW! and yes I have played 1,2 and 3.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#55 Posted: 20:28:03 26/09/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

I was explaining how Hollywood works, although I don't do that myself.

As for character types, adults work better. You got some backstory you can work with (they have a childhood behind them), you got the widest range story types you can write for without freaking people out (like romance, comedy, adventure, etc). An adult character can be cheerful and mature all at the same time, in fact, this can be a great pedestal for character development and interaction with other characters.

Besides, the Kid Hero is incredibly cliche, and you can't really do all to well to make one keep the kid-specific traits like real children have to make a believable character.

Very good points. On the other hand though, when you have a kid hero, you can build them from the ground up which can be insanely fun for the writer. Adult characters could have plothholes between thier past and what is happening presently. True you can work with the back story but first you must make the back story.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#56 Posted: 18:48:47 06/10/2009
I love both..'nuff said!smilie
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me