Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 6 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ember or Cynder? [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#251 Posted: 21:47:34 17/09/2009
Quote: BlinktheCookie
And EloraxFlame just to peeve off the anti-dragon/faunshipping people!

Why? Spyro/Elora is near-canon and Elora wasn't in AHT. Also, Flame and Ember are canonical characters because they were actually in the games.

Lord_of_Sheepies, I love you. smilie
Lord_of_Sheeps Gold Sparx Gems: 2352
#252 Posted: 22:59:48 17/09/2009
Yay, I feel loved smilie
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#253 Posted: 21:29:33 18/09/2009
Quote: Razz
Quote: BlinktheCookie
And EloraxFlame just to peeve off the anti-dragon/faunshipping people!

Why? Spyro/Elora is near-canon and Elora wasn't in AHT. Also, Flame and Ember are canonical characters because they were actually in the games.

In my own fan AU. I support Spyro and Elora for cannon, though.

In the great Ember/Cynder dispute, Elora is the almighty third-party canadate.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:00 18/09/2009 by BlinktheCookie
#254 Posted: 22:20:16 18/09/2009
That makes sense. smilie
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#255 Posted: 01:42:02 19/09/2009
Quote: super sonic77
spyro doesn't need a girlfriend

Quote: undertow25
I agree with Super sonic, I don't care for either of them.

Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Ditto! He was WAY better single!

This.

I made a crappily-drawn comic on my deviantART about how I feel about Ember and Cynder. Basically I made Spyro tell them they "both suck". =P *awaits flames*

If he had to be with someone, though, probably Elora because she's actually a good character and not a Mary Sue.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:51 19/09/2009 by Stormy
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#256 Posted: 01:54:15 19/09/2009
Yeah, She's cool! What's your DA name?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#257 Posted: 02:03:17 19/09/2009
BlueFlame093, link in my signature. :)

Yeah, I know, I fail at usernames. XD
undertow25 Green Sparx Gems: 324
#258 Posted: 02:18:59 19/09/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
^She did... =P

And SxC shippers... Don't you guys get it that no matter what you say, there's always gonna be somebody that will disagree with you.

IT'S ALL JUST MAKE BELIEVE!! 8D

I know for some people, the internet and fiction land are SERIOUS BUSINESS, but some of us have the whole "LOL internet" personality, in which we can never take anything seriously (of course, that leads to its own flaws in another subject) that's written, hence where places like TVTropes got half of it's entries for.

Seriously, character pairings revolve way too much around "NamexName" and not the romance, relationship, and personalities that actually occur in real couples. Or else about proving Freud right or Rule 34... >.>

All of this. I can't tell you how many times someone went absolutely rabid on me because I simply said I wasn't a fan of whatever pairing it was. So what? I'm not saying it sucks, and not everyone is going to like SxC or SpyroxVolteer or whatever odd pairing fans come up with. They take it way too seriously, they just need to take a step back and realize that

1. It's a fan pairing and is NOT SRSBSNS
2. Everyone is entitled to not like said pairing. It's absolutely fine.
#259 Posted: 02:44:33 19/09/2009
Wait... Is that Stormy from SF? o.o If so, dang, I haven't seen you in a while. smilie

And I agree with you on the whole issue. Even though I'm a huge Spyro/Elora shipper, I see it as only a possibility that might have happened years after the end of YotD. Spyro is too young for girls and romance in canon, and in two versions he thinks it's gross (Insomniac and AHT) while in LoS he's awkward and indifferent (see TEN).
#260 Posted: 04:52:19 19/09/2009
Oh, hey Razz, long time no see. Yeah, I'm back into the Spyro fansites now that my parents aren't around to block them anymore. XD

But on topic, I agree with BlackDragonAJ89 and undertow25 about the rabid fans. The internet would be a much better place if everyone could take their fandoms a little less seriously.

Those people who go around screaming that Cynder is OMGHAWT don't help much either. I know many former SpyroxCynder shippers who have lost all enthusiasm for the pairing because of how rabid some of its fans are. It's like Twilight with dragons. D:

Plus Cynder and Ember just aren't very good characters IMO.

Spyro as a character was more interesting with a more childish, sarcastic personality and without a cliche love interest and srs bsns storyline. It seems like every main character has to be paired with someone so audiences will have something to fangirl over, and it doesn't add anything original or new to the franchise.

Tl;dr, rabid shippers ruin it for everyone and need to shut up. :P
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:53:29 19/09/2009 by Stormy
#261 Posted: 05:01:54 19/09/2009
Wait...you can block Spyro sites? o.O Either your folks have some serious web security or the Spyro franchise has grown up all of a sudden. smilie Well, either way, it's nice to see a familiar face. smilie

Quote: Stormy

Those people who go around screaming that Cynder is OMGHAWT don't help much either. I know many former SpyroxCynder shippers who have lost all enthusiasm for the pairing because of how rabid some of its fans are. It's like Twilight with dragons. D:

*raises hand* >(

Before SxC was THE only pairing, I did support it. It was fun before DotD came out simply because it was actually a ship that few were interested in. But DotD ruined it for everyone.

Half the fun of shipping is to pair up characters who may or may not have any canonical relationship potential. But, ultimately, there's a reason why most games are adventures and not romances. Romance is simply not nearly as interesting.

As for Cynder and Ember... I solve the problem by pairing them together. Mary Sues tend to go well together. smilie And, hey, if they hate each other, it's likely they'll solve the problem for everyone and tear each other apart. smilie ("Too...pink...must...destroy..." "Too...emo/goth...must...destroy...")
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#262 Posted: 05:14:12 19/09/2009
Quote: Sethisto
nah i hate writing. But seeing cynder with someone makes me =[

Wait let me guess! You don't want Cynder to be with anyone because you want to be with her. smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#263 Posted: 05:21:02 19/09/2009
Wait...you can block Spyro sites? o.O Either your folks have some serious web security or the Spyro franchise has grown up all of a sudden. smilie Well, either way, it's nice to see a familiar face. smilie

Yep, they just firewall'd everything with "Spyro" in the URL. Luckily my college doesn't care if I'm 18 and still like kids' games. =P

Quote:
Before SxC was THE only pairing, I did support it. It was fun before DotD came out simply because it was actually a ship that few were interested in. But DotD ruined it for everyone.

I've never been much of a LoS fan, but I played the games and still considered myself a fan until the rabids (my brother and I call them "Cyndorks," haha) came in and started flooding the fansites with their chatspeak. The only thing I like about Cynder now is that she's fun to draw. Seriously, I have doodles of random dragons that resemble Cynder all over my notes and homework, but I still loathe her. smilie

Quote:
Half the fun of shipping is to pair up characters who may or may not have any canonical relationship potential. But, ultimately, there's a reason why most games are adventures and not romances. Romance is simply not nearly as interesting.

I never really got into pairing characters myself, but I see the appeal to some people, like fanfiction writers for example. But yeah, I like romance and all, just not in games that... shouldn't have romance. And none of this villain-turned-good Mary Sue love interest crap. If you're going to do romance, at least make it interesting. D:

Quote:
As for Cynder and Ember... I solve the problem by pairing them together. Mary Sues tend to go well together. smilie And, hey, if they hate each other, it's likely they'll solve the problem for everyone and tear each other apart. smilie ("Too...pink...must...destroy..." "Too...emo/goth...must...destroy...")

Haha, yuri's not really my thing, but whatever works. smilie I quite like the destroying idea, though. Why must the only two female dragons be extremes?
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#264 Posted: 05:36:06 19/09/2009

YAY FOR YURI!
---
Keep smile
#265 Posted: 05:39:07 19/09/2009
I'm 27 and I still play kids' games. smilie Games for adults can be tedious at times.

I was a LoS fan, but mostly only for the fandom (oddly). When the fandom exploded, I realized that my initial opinions of the series were correct and dropped it.

As for drawing Cynder... Yeah, it's true. I had to stop drawing her because I was being harassed by demanding, whiny Cyndorks on all levels (I love that word, btw, and am totally stealing it smilie). I ended up creating a character that keeps the things about her design I liked and ditches everything else. smilie

Shipping is mostly only fun when you can get a good story out of it, weird people out (OMG, faun/dragon, wut? o.O), or create crack ships. smilie I'm not really a big shipper myself, but it comes in handy when you're bored and want to draw certain things. smilie

It helps that Cynder IS Ember, just with a darker past. smilie
#266 Posted: 14:58:06 19/09/2009
I TOTALLY agree with Razz, Stormy and Cynder_543!

LOL Cyndorks! Love it!
---
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#267 Posted: 17:26:59 19/09/2009
You know what's funny?

For people who supposedly "don't do shipping", they make a pretty big deal about how they pair things up still...

Me I just worry about how the whole story is going to be written when I make it.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#268 Posted: 18:29:52 19/09/2009
Quote:
For people who supposedly "don't do shipping", they make a pretty big deal about how they pair things up still...

I'm one of those people who "doesn't do shippings," and I think people can pair any characters however they want, just as long as they don't get in my face for not liking said pairing or characters. I don't make a big deal unless they do.
#269 Posted: 19:38:40 19/09/2009
^Yeah, I'm kind of in that territory. Also, I don't really want to give away my ideas for writing up things and stuff like that. Just the thing you need to know about me is that there will always be a little romance, a little comedy, some drama, some action, and many meta-concepts involved with my writing and comics...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#270 Posted: 21:11:28 19/09/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I TOTALLY agree with Razz, Stormy and Cynder_543!

LOL Cyndorks! Love it!

Cyndorks?

I HAVE CHORTLES!
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#271 Posted: 03:05:11 20/09/2009
And I have Chiclets... want some?
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#272 Posted: 03:46:20 20/09/2009
I say to you 'yes!'
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SpyroCrazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#273 Posted: 13:04:50 20/09/2009
I do not liek Cynder *waits for massacar(sp?)*

I support SpyroXIgnitus smilie

The amount of people who absolutely adore SpyroXCynder suprises me. Elora and even Bieanca(sp) were better than Cynder, because they had personality somewhat. Ember was meant to be annoying, so I didn't mind as much, but Cynder was designed to be likeable, and yes, she has fans as she's the only female dragon about. I found it stupid that Spyro has to fall in love with the only female dragon he's seen. There can't be just one! It's boring! And everyone saw it coming.

Biggest. Cliche. EVER.

They make it so obvious too! 'I have to save her!' I mean, come on Spyro, she's just tried to kill you! Sparx was the only guy who talked sense around there. SpyroXCynder has no depth, he's a guy, she's a villain, he saves her. (ANB ) She shrinks and feels so guilty she runs away, so he goes on a quest to find her. (TEN).
They run off to kill the bad guy, and Cynder confesses to Spyro she loves him and that's it. (DOTD)

I rest my case.

smilie
---
SuperWhoAvengePokéThatterLock
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:20:21 20/09/2009 by SpyroCrazy
#274 Posted: 15:24:30 20/09/2009
I only protest Ignitus/Spyro because it involves a much older adult starting up a relationship with a child. It seriously creeps me out. D:
#275 Posted: 18:28:16 20/09/2009
Quote: SpyroCrazy
I do not liek Cynder *waits for massacar(sp?)*

They make it so obvious too! 'I have to save her!' I mean, come on Spyro, she's just tried to kill you!

Thou have to get it...

EVERYONE NEEDS 2 CHANGES!

BTW, every superzero knows that, pro<.<
---
Keep smile
#276 Posted: 21:12:18 20/09/2009
I COMPLETELY agree with SpyroCrazy.

matesds makes a good point though, she didn't mean to do those things and should be given a chance to redeem herself. But like SpyroCrazy said, It's SO obvious!!!!!! It is that way for all the reasons stated above (by SC). Besides, the relationship is forced. I mean, they fight in ANB when Cynder has NO idea what she's doing and neither of them know who she really is, then in TEN they are apart and only exchange a few words before he saves her again, then in DotD, there is more dialoge, but Cynder doesn't say anything that makes Spyro know her better.

A few snappy remarks here and there ("Why Should YOU lead?", "Shouldn't we be leaving? Unless you want that thing to climb back up. I'd hate to think what it might do to Sparx.", "That's putting it mildly isn't it?", "Now is NOT the time to be stubborn!", "It's not like I've had much say in the matter, seeing as we're stuck together."), and some half assed attemps at making her seem caring or upset ("Spyro stop! You can't do anything for him now.", "Please Spyro, Don't Do this.", "We HAVE to go on! He wanted us to", "You're not alone!", "I don't think I can do this.", "I'm scared.", "I don't know anymore!", "I'm not proud of the things I've done.") are certainly NOT enough to base a relationship on, even if the boy saves the girl two times or they save the world and fight mosters together.

The Cynder quote that bugs me the most is what she says after Ignitus dies: "Spyro...Let it go."

T__T Let it go? LET IT GO???? The closest thing Spyro ever had to a father dies violently right before his eyes, and all she has to say is LET IT GO???? WTH Cynder?! Show a little compassion! And NO! A hug is not enough compassion to make up for an emotional blunder like that. Geeze, no wonder Spyro flew off the handle like he did. He wasn't just torn up over Ignitus' death, he was pissed at Cynder!
---
#277 Posted: 23:01:59 20/09/2009
And I have Chiclets... want some?

*snatches*

Mine! *hysterical laugh*
#278 Posted: 06:20:19 21/09/2009
Honestly, if you look at the character of Cynder with any sort of scrutiny, it's kind of obvious that what she feels for Spyro is puppy love. She's never met anyone like him before, he confused her, she doesn't know how to process his kindness, so she thinks she loves him. Maybe she does, but real love doesn't happen that quickly. Like most teenage couples, theirs will not likely last (assuming it's even formed; Spyro only seemed interested because she's literally the first and only girl dragon he's ever seen and that would get any boy's attention).
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#279 Posted: 06:34:24 21/09/2009
I say Cynder would win Spyro's heart.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#280 Posted: 20:53:05 21/09/2009
Razz makes a good point. I never eally thought of how she might feel about Spyro. But yeah, after being abused, hated or fought by every male you ever meet, it's gonna seem like love when a male finally shows you some compassion and kindness. If Sierra manages to hold on to Spyro then the "love" will most likely last unfortunately. If there is a change in developer, then maybe they will continue it, break it off with/without explanation, or just drop Cynder from the story with/without explanation. I hope for the last one!
---
#281 Posted: 00:39:30 23/09/2009
I might like them to keep the couple if they improve Cynder.
#282 Posted: 01:17:30 23/09/2009
The relationship they had in ANB/TEN was a good one. Neither was sure of their own feelings (which is appropriate when they're twelve, which they still are in DotD). Cynder had actually made up her mind about what to do with her feelings for Spyro, which was run away so she would never hurt him again. I just can't buy that she'd go back on that in such a short time (to the dragons, it's literally only been an instant since they were frozen in crystal, which means that they've really only known each other for about two weeks; and, yes, that is official, TEN does take place only a few weeks after the end of ANsmilie.
#283 Posted: 02:00:04 23/09/2009
Another Good point Razz! You are on a roll!
---
#284 Posted: 02:16:10 23/09/2009
Smiley attacK!
#285 Posted: 14:30:55 23/09/2009
The relationship they had in ANB/TEN was a good one. Neither was sure of their own feelings (which is appropriate when they're twelve, which they still are in DotD). Cynder had actually made up her mind about what to do with her feelings for Spyro, which was run away so she would never hurt him again. I just can't buy that she'd go back on that in such a short time (to the dragons, it's literally only been an instant since they were frozen in crystal, which means that they've really only known each other for about two weeks; and, yes, that is official, TEN does take place only a few weeks after the end of ANsmilie.

We don't know the nature of "Dragon Time Hibernation Crystal" (We DON'T even know how to name it...)
---
Keep smile
#286 Posted: 16:15:19 23/09/2009
Don't worry folks, it's all just a power trip for Razz and Luva.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
PrincessCynder Green Sparx Gems: 422
#287 Posted: 17:29:22 23/09/2009
[cynder] defo
---
Join KHDownloads and Serebii forums and be my friend!
PrincessCynder Green Sparx Gems: 422
#288 Posted: 17:29:33 23/09/2009
[cynder] defo
---
Join KHDownloads and Serebii forums and be my friend!
shadowcynder Green Sparx Gems: 137
#289 Posted: 18:38:22 23/09/2009
Quote: Bolt
I say Cynder would win Spyro's heart.

Agree....smilie *fully committed*
---
MORE ONE IN MY LIST!!! spyro and cynder - poker face
#290 Posted: 19:11:23 23/09/2009
Don't worry folks, it's all just a power trip for Razz and Luva.

Of course it is. Anon declared me the queen of you guys, so what else I'm going to do with all that megalomania I've been storing up? smilie

You could also try, y'know, reading what we've been saying and offer an actual opinion/counter argument instead of bashing (which seems to be your only response to...well, pretty much everything that doesn't agree with you).
#291 Posted: 19:38:10 23/09/2009
I have been reading though. I just summarized it into two words.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#292 Posted: 20:05:28 23/09/2009
Why not explain your meaning in a little more depth? You'll seem far mor capable of conversation that way.
---
#293 Posted: 20:18:14 23/09/2009
In every post I see you in, BDAJ, all of your arguements really do seem to boil down to "I don't like it because...since you like it/disagree with me, you're a peon". That's the impression I get from your tone, anyway. You always seem to be beating people savagely with your opinions.
#294 Posted: 22:05:49 23/09/2009
Uh, I don't beat people down, I just reflect off of what I know. It only gets to appear that way though if others or I get bugged enough.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#295 Posted: 22:50:33 23/09/2009
Yeah. I probably read what you write the wrong way simply because I'm accustomed to every poster on any given Spyro forum being vicious (most of them are). I'm certainly guilty of it. smilie
#296 Posted: 00:19:08 24/09/2009
It's alright... Chances are, it probably wasn't all you either on the last few posts.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#297 Posted: 00:27:26 24/09/2009
Shipping discussions can bring out the worst in anyone, even non-shippers. smilie
#298 Posted: 01:28:33 24/09/2009
It's not so much the shipping though in this case, just constant fighting that everyone does.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#299 Posted: 02:26:35 24/09/2009
Shipping is how imports and exports get from one point to another.

I AM LOGIC
#300 Posted: 02:13:42 26/09/2009
^Lolz litteralness.
---
First | Previous | Page 6 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me