Page 1 of 1
Cynder's Jewlery [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1 Posted: 01:57:45 19/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Okay, we all know Cynder didn't have the collor or bracelets on at the end of TEN, but had them on at the very start of DotD.

However, some of you might not have known tht the reason for the reappearance of the jewlery to show how Cynder had grown as a person and come to terms with her past.

But I was thinking, what if the collar and bracelets are what gives Malefor the power to control Cynder? Do you suppose Cynder is oblivious of this? She wore the things in ANB And she was big and powerful. Then they were removed in TEN (maybe not by Cynder, maybe by one of the guardians) and she was small and weak. Then in DotD when they faced Malefor she was turned evil again.

Or do you think she has been betraying Spyro all along? Perhaps Malefor turned her 100%, irreversably evil and after she was "saved" in ANB she only pretended to be pure in TEN so she could travel to the Well of Souls and ressurect Malefor. But why then was she imprisoned and injured by Gaul? Maybe he had a plan to betray Malefor and take all his dark powers for himself. Maybe Gaul wanted to absorb the dark energy like Spyro did, then use it to destroy Malefor for good and rule the world. (I imagine Malefor would have still been quite weak when he was first freed). When Cynder said "You can't go through with this" to Gaul, maybe she was expresing her loyalty to Malefor. When she tried to steal Gaul's staff, she wanted to prevent Gaul form fulfilling his plan, and thereby saving Malefor, regaining her former strength, and winning Malefor's love or favor.

Then in Dotd, she allowed herself to be turned into Dark Cynder and willingly attacked Spyro. But why then did she change back and defeat Malefor with Spyro? Perhaps he and Cynder (maybe he spoke to her telepathically, discussing thier plan) knew what Ignitus knew: "When a dragon dies, he binds himself with nature", and also knew Spyro would save the planet from destruction. Maybe they knew if Malefor died, he could not only bind himself with the planet, but also gather strength from the earth in all it's might, then later be ressurected (either by another of his minions or Cynder herself) with more power and perhaps a greater body than before.

Far fetched, yes I know, but an interesting notion. What do you think?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#2 Posted: 02:28:09 19/08/2009
Congratulations, you have discovered another of the many plotholes in the game!
Collect all 58 and win a free Spyro and Cynder DotD Autographed T-Shirt!
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#3 Posted: 03:18:16 19/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Ha ha! I already knew of that plothole; it wasn't new to me. It was discussed when we first saw images of Cynder in DotD screenshots.
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#4 Posted: 21:49:18 19/08/2009
Had you gone to the Sierra forum just prior to the games release you would have got to read the official statement about that.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#5 Posted: 21:53:45 19/08/2009
Quote: Gwenio
Had you gone to the Sierra forum just prior to the games release you would have got to read the official statement about that.

I saw it, they said that it was Cynders way of redeaming herself, like facing her fears. They said they were gonna put it in a cutscene but decided not to.
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#6 Posted: 23:48:26 19/08/2009
^ I wish they did...
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#7 Posted: 00:07:07 20/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah I read that too.
---
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#8 Posted: 02:24:16 20/08/2009
Confusing plot holes that weren't explained in the game suck.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#9 Posted: 19:29:00 20/08/2009
Quote: Cynder_543
^ I wish they did...

They would have had to leave something else out then, because they ran out of time as it was.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#10 Posted: 19:36:48 20/08/2009
Quote: Gwenio
Quote: Cynder_543
^ I wish they did...

They would have had to leave something else out then, because they ran out of time as it was.

I think they could have done it when Hunter and Spyro were talking about Malefor returning. Like you see Cynder putting her jewlery back on and you can hear the two of them talking in the background...
#11 Posted: 20:15:48 20/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Or Cynder is just there with them and nonchalantly puts her things back on. But where would she get them from? She doesn't have a bag or anything they could have been in.
---
Wolfie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 748
#12 Posted: 06:55:15 21/08/2009
yeah what spyroLUVA said how did she get them if they had been trapped in a crystal for 3 years it dosn't make sense smilie
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#13 Posted: 00:39:20 22/08/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Congratulations, you have discovered another of the many plotholes in the game!
Collect all 58 and win a free Spyro and Cynder DotD Autographed T-Shirt!

I want one. Maybe it's easier if I make one.

It's lame purposely finding all the mistakes. So you've got to join the

'Please Please Pleeese get a life foundation.' The life you get just may be your own.
---
Don't mess with JAK
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me