Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > who is your favorite Cynder:Dark cynder, young cynder, or teenage cynder
First | Previous | Page 4 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
who is your favorite Cynder:Dark cynder, young cynder, or teenage cynder [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#151 Posted: 21:01:01 18/08/2009
Only when Spyro and Cynder encounters the Hermit did Cynder feel sad about being Malefor's puppet. When Spyro and Cynder were on their way to confront Malefor and when they faced him, did Cynder feel uncertain and confused about what she did in ANB, and if she has the courage to face her former master.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#152 Posted: 01:35:13 19/08/2009
Quote: Zithdaitoh
Quote: rept7
Fan game? Can you send me a link when its finished?

Well, I still want to find more people to help with it... And currently I'm not sure if anyone is really doing anything for it...

I could do a voice or two if you wanted.

Um...the producers said that she put the jewlery back on as a sign of how she is coming to terms with her past, they just didn't bother to put in a cutscene in which she puts them back on. However, The jewlery was on when they first broke free, but she didn't have them on at the end of TEN.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#153 Posted: 01:44:08 19/08/2009
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And that created a plothole. Also, DotD Cynder's color scheme is confusing some of the fans that she might be another purple dragon, but the trusth is that EL messed up her scale color. We all know she's a black dragon.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:27 19/08/2009 by Aura24
#154 Posted: 02:05:50 19/08/2009
*cough*purplecynderwouldbecool*cough*istickbymytheories*cough*
---
#155 Posted: 02:28:48 19/08/2009
Whoopie...for your theory...

ANB and TEN Cynder are the only Cynders who are my favorites.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:36:37 19/08/2009 by Aura24
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#156 Posted: 02:29:55 19/08/2009
For any plot hole problems, use Handwaves...
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#157 Posted: 02:38:15 19/08/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Quote: rept7
Fan game? Can you send me a link when its finished?

Well, I still want to find more people to help with it... And currently I'm not sure if anyone is really doing anything for it...

Any help that you could give would be appreciated. The thread is here.

Quote: Aura24
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And that created a plothole. Also, DotD Cynder's color scheme is confusing some of the fans that she might be another purple dragon, but the trusth is that EL messed up her scale color. We all know she's a black dragon.

It is annoying how some people insist upon that even when it is officially confirmed that she's a black dragon, isn't it?
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
#158 Posted: 02:46:41 19/08/2009

It is annoying how some people insist upon that even when it is officially confirmed that she's a black dragon, isn't it?

Yeah, it makes me remember an old, closed topic someone made to make everyone else think Cynder's another purple dragon because her DotD color scheme, and it really annoyed us. Cynder is a black dragon, if any fans remember ANB.
---
#159 Posted: 02:50:07 19/08/2009

Yeah, it makes me remember an old, closed topic someone made to make everyone else think Cynder's another purple dragon because her DotD color scheme, and it really annoyed us. Cynder is a black dragon, if any fans remember ANB.

Mm, I think I know which topic you're talking about...
---
#160 Posted: 02:53:38 19/08/2009
Yeah...while ANB and TEN Cynder are black, DotD Cynder looks purplish black, caused by EL's color design. But she's still confirmed to be a black dragon.
---
#161 Posted: 02:55:04 19/08/2009
Yes. I cannot understand why some people still insist she's a purple dragon despite the official statement that she's not...
---
#162 Posted: 03:04:21 19/08/2009
Probably wanted Spyro fans to side with them on their opinions of Cynder being another purple dragon...
---
#163 Posted: 03:09:09 19/08/2009
Perhaps... Ah, well. It'll probably be better for us to just leave those people alone about that kind of thing...
---
#164 Posted: 03:13:45 19/08/2009
Yeah, I agree.

Still, Cynder is my favorite character, but I prefer her being sad and still upset over what she did in ANB, than have her having a sassy attitude. But we do see a good side of her in a TEN short, being playful to Spyro.
---
#165 Posted: 03:19:40 19/08/2009

Mm, I think I know which topic you're talking about...

Woot! I'mma goin' down in Dark Spyro history! Yippee!
---
#166 Posted: 03:21:49 19/08/2009
Yeah, I agree.

Still, Cynder is my favorite character, but I prefer her being sad and still upset over what she did in ANB, than have her having a sassy attitude. But we do see a good side of her in a TEN short, being playful to Spyro.

I'm of the opinion that she should go back to being how she had been in TEN, and that, I think, is the personality I want her to have for my fangame.
---
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#167 Posted: 04:34:01 19/08/2009
Is okay with me that they change her attitude, i just want the same art work...she looks more real
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#168 Posted: 05:03:05 19/08/2009
I've really grown to hate Cynder, but evil ANB Dark Cynder still has decent design + the voice of Cree Summer and little TEN Cynder was cute and fat.

re: Cynder's color
I love how the gameplay and official art in all sources continually contradicts itself. She's practically a different color in every source you see.

I think her color scheme is pretty obvious: she's clearly the color out of space, the indeterminate shade described in H.P. Lovecraft's story that distorts, drives insane and eventually kills everything it comes in contact with. smilie

All the evidence is there. No one can agree on what color she is and at least half of the fanbase will tell you she ruined the franchise while the other half will tell you she's the best thing ever but will fight amongst themselves over which version of her is the best. Slowly but steadily, her existence tears apart her own fans and has even ripped holes in her own universe (see: countless DotD plotholes created by Cynder's design alone). But the non-Cynder fans are not safe because everywhere they go, if they dare mention that they are a Spyro fan, hers will be the first name mentioned. And woe to you, artists and fanfic writers, for you shall never know a moment's peace at the hand of overzealous Cynder fans! They will hound you mercilessly until you draw/write for them or try to strangle yourself with your controller/mouse cord. And then, eventually, the entire Spyro fanbase will simply dissolve from the strain. If you should find any fans left and happen to ask them, they will shiver and a haunted look will come into their eyes, and then they will try to change the subject.

smilie
#169 Posted: 05:05:10 19/08/2009
Whoa, Razz. smilie
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#170 Posted: 06:10:28 19/08/2009
Shortly after Stoker told me about the story the 80 bajillionth "wut colur iz cindurr" thread came up and the two just became linked insuperably in my mind. I will never not find it funny. smilie
#171 Posted: 06:32:29 19/08/2009
HDTVs are crappy at displaying deep, dark colors... =/
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#172 Posted: 14:16:30 19/08/2009
I like what Razz said! It reminds me of the Ripple of Evil from the show Root of all Evil starring Lewis Black.

My TV is not HD and I was also playing on a PS2, a non HD console, and she loked purple to me...
---
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#173 Posted: 14:33:43 19/08/2009
My HDTV has beautifully vivid colors, deep on some games and bright on others.
Maybe it's the console, because when I was comparing the colors on mine last night (I was bored at it was 2 am, what am I supposed to do!?) my PS3 had a lot deeper colors, more vivid, while my 360 was a tad more shaded to the point where you couldn't see the details in the shadows as well anymore. Those were both HDMI hookups, comparing the same scene of the same game.
My Wii, however, seems a lot more bland in comparison to the 360 and PS3. Granted, that's on a Component hookup, 480p, and playing a different game than the other two (Made by the same company, though).
And my PS2, while only on a Composite hookup, still displayed the colors pretty well, much more than the Wii (Playing the same game that was on the Wii).
I think it depends on your console and setup, personally. And my HD LCD shows the colors much better than my old SD clunker I used to have.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Sethisto Red Sparx Gems: 69
#174 Posted: 16:09:48 19/08/2009
until you make 900 bucks off them ;p Cynder fans have fat wallets!

I love DOTD cynder (obviously), and think they did an awesome job reformatting her image. She was such an ugly little thing in TEN.

The purple scales are strange, I admit. She probably would have looked more original in black. But in all honesty she would have looked even more out of place with black scales in HD. It just wouldn't work in the style of game they made. Making her dark purple still allows her to be an evil black dragon.

And she should be sassy! I love sassy Cynder!
#175 Posted: 17:01:53 19/08/2009
She ain't sassy, she's a cliche' Mary-Sue. Typical female video game character. There are only a handful of good ones out there, and she ain't one of them.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#176 Posted: 17:36:17 19/08/2009
Shes certainly no Yorda
#177 Posted: 17:49:43 19/08/2009
Quote: Sethisto
until you make 900 bucks off them ;p Cynder fans have fat wallets!

I love DOTD cynder (obviously), and think they did an awesome job reformatting her image. She was such an ugly little thing in TEN.

The purple scales are strange, I admit. She probably would have looked more original in black. But in all honesty she would have looked even more out of place with black scales in HD. It just wouldn't work in the style of game they made. Making her dark purple still allows her to be an evil black dragon.

And she should be sassy! I love sassy Cynder!

Please don't go overboard, Sethisto. Ugh...

Cynder was cute in TEN, and then she suddenly became a Mary-Sue in her DotD form. I mean, come on, who would suddenly change their attitude and appearance when she was obviously frozen in time, mind and body. DotD Cynder's voice was kinda bad, thanks to the inexperience voice acting of Christina Ricci. They'll probably change her appearance and voice actor again in the next Spyro game, but I hope they won't choose Christina Ricci again.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:24:02 19/08/2009 by Aura24
#178 Posted: 18:48:42 19/08/2009
She already was a mary sue, i don't know why you think she was any less suish as an emo dwaggy
#179 Posted: 18:56:11 19/08/2009
DotD Cynder sounds like a Mary-Sue to some of us, with a voice with no emotion in some of her dialogue, the sudden appearance of her iron jewelry, and a sudden change of attitude, she is nothing like her previous forms.
---
#180 Posted: 19:42:02 19/08/2009
Hey now! that jewelry looked good! she deserves to look good after what she went through!
#181 Posted: 19:44:15 19/08/2009
But then, how did it come to be on her there? It doesn't really make sense.
---
#182 Posted: 19:48:51 19/08/2009
What are you talking about, Sethisto? You're not making any sense at all, with your 'love for DotD Cynder'. Cynder wasn't suppose to have her iron jewelry on her in the first place, so don't go saying she looks good only because of her iron jewelry. She was better off without them.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:57:43 19/08/2009 by Aura24
#183 Posted: 20:02:00 19/08/2009
Quite so. The adjustment of her appearance and attitude make absolutely no sense. Such things may happen over a long period of time, but this doesn't count. Not only was it only three years, but both Spyro and Cynder were trapped in a crystal, meaning that they shouldn't have changed at all.
---
#184 Posted: 20:05:16 19/08/2009
Blame the producers, they wanted to have Spyro and Cynder's wings grow in order for them to free fly for Spyro's 10th anniversary, when they got already fly when they were in their TEN forms. They didn't even grow, since they were still the same size as they were in TEN.
---
#185 Posted: 20:09:15 19/08/2009
Well, of course I know to blame the producers...
---
#186 Posted: 20:11:38 19/08/2009
And one of the main reasons why I don't like DotD Cynder, are the fantards of her.

I mean, ANB Cynder and TEN Cynder didn't have much fantards, which was good cause we didn't see any perverted comments about them.
---
#187 Posted: 20:19:06 19/08/2009
And one of the main reasons why I don't like DotD Cynder, are the fantards of her.

I mean, ANB Cynder and TEN Cynder didn't have much fantards, which was good cause we didn't see any perverted comments about them.

Then you don't know the internet........................................

'Cause Rule 34 and Freud would certainly love to tell you otherwise...

To be honest, you can make a sexual reference out of anything. Even just these plain old words are not safe.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#188 Posted: 20:28:54 19/08/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89

To be honest, you can make a sexual reference out of anything. Even just these plain old words are not safe.

But of course. There are some crazy people out there.
---
#189 Posted: 20:44:00 19/08/2009
She was UGLY though.

The designer of TEN cynder had to have been smoking something at the time. She doesn't even look like a dragon. Shes like this little gnome cow with wings or something.
#190 Posted: 20:50:47 19/08/2009
You know what, Sethisto, just quit it. You know that's not true. Krome Studios did an excellent job in designing Cynder in both ANB and TEN, so please stop flaming TEN Cynder with your ignorant comments, just because she doesn't look sexy to you, before you attract a war with fans who like both ANB and TEN Cynder.

Quote: BlackDragonAJ89

But of course. There are some crazy people out there.

Yeah, crazy people who literally love a video game character and thinks about him or her every minute of their lives. DotD Cynder's underaged, and fantards loving her... ugh...
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 21:11:05 19/08/2009 by Aura24
#191 Posted: 21:11:49 19/08/2009
no, she really wasn't well designed. She doesnt even look like she would turn into that giant snakey dragon. and you do just as much insulting of dotd cynder.
#192 Posted: 21:14:27 19/08/2009
Little kids become different when they grow up. The young boys become tall and handsome, and the young girls become slender and sexy. And TEN Spyro and Cynder are no exception, Sethisto. You can't expect young kids to be handsome and sexy when they're young.
---
#193 Posted: 21:36:44 19/08/2009
Sethisto, you're one of the lovers of DotD Cynder. I should expect that you would have an opinion like that. But, how well designed she is might depend upon viewpoint. Some might view her as not being well designed, while others view her as being excellently designed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:46 19/08/2009 by Zithdaitoh
#194 Posted: 21:37:33 19/08/2009
Speaking of how DotD Cynder looks a little like ANB Cynder, do you suppose she will become conflicted as she grows, considering that she was an adult in ANB when she was evil? Do you think maybe it would be too much like her dark past for her? I think they should have added more info about Cynder's supposed apprehension towards growing up and her sadness at the loss of three whole years of her life.

In response to what you said Aura24, that sounds a little like what some call "looksism". Not all boys get tall, not all girls are thin and vise versa. Also, not everyone is what the media or the vain members of society call handsome, pretty, or sexy.
---
#195 Posted: 21:41:57 19/08/2009
Speaking of how DotD Cynder looks a little like ANB Cynder, do you suppose she will become conflicted as she grows, considering that she was an adult in ANB when she was evil? Do you think maybe it would be too much like her dark past for her? I think they should have added more info about Cynder's supposed apprehension towards growing up and her sadness at the loss of three whole years of her life.

I suppose that's a possibility...

In response to what you said Aura24, that sounds a little like what some call "looksism". Not all boys get tall, not all girls are thin and vise versa. Also, not everyone is what the media or the vain members of society call handsome, pretty, or sexy.

But were those who are considered that way like that as kids?
---
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#196 Posted: 23:29:22 19/08/2009
Sethisto, you're one of the lovers of DotD Cynder. I should expect that you would have an opinion like that. But, how well designed she is might depend upon viewpoint. Some might view her as not being well designed, while others view her as being excellently designed.

By designed do you mean the attetude or the art work?
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#197 Posted: 00:00:50 20/08/2009
Quote: Sethisto
no, she really wasn't well designed. She doesnt even look like she would turn into that giant snakey dragon. and you do just as much insulting of dotd cynder.

You like DOTD Cynder just because off her body don't you? I hate fantards that only love characters because they are "sexy"! smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#198 Posted: 00:04:15 20/08/2009
Me too, you're not the only one, Cynder_543.
---
#199 Posted: 00:06:41 20/08/2009
...Sethisto, she's a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER. People can have their opinions on it, so let it go.
Not to say that you can't get attached to game characters, but those of us who are don't run around defending them like crazy. Might I suggest professional treatment?
---
#200 Posted: 00:10:33 20/08/2009
Aura24 said they grow up to be handsome, sexy, etc.
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me