Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > We Might Be Able To Bring Old Spyro Back!
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
We Might Be Able To Bring Old Spyro Back! [CLOSED]
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#151 Posted: 18:21:48 04/08/2009
I'll join that soon. It's like the old Spyro just died. I really want him back, this new Spyro is boring!
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#152 Posted: 18:41:43 04/08/2009
*sigh* It's not gonna work.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#153 Posted: 21:49:23 04/08/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
Quote: HIR
Quote: ignitusforever

Can you give an example?

Well, go find Google and search for the "Super Mario RPG 2" and "Geno for Brawl" petitions. If you don't find numerous ones of those... no, wait, you WILL. Because they're both failed petitions that had even LARGER fan bases than some silly bring back original Spyro thing. e_e

OMG! LETZ GET RIDZ OF KRYZTAL!!!

Pretty much 90% of the early Brawl day topics were about what character to petition for. Pretty much none that anyone wanted except Wolf (who was a last minute throw in, judging by how poorly programed and redundant the Wesley is) and Sownic (which comes to show what I mean by Sakurai being an idiot at doing his research on anything except Japanese gamers, Kirby, Mario, and Zelda), and look at how those turned out... Failmaster intended.

I mean, I read a 50 page topic (with ten posts on each page) on why King K. Rool should be in, then there was a debate on if Krystal or Wolf is furry bait that was 60 pages long, then one on Geno and Ridley being stupid ideas that was 100 pages long...

The thing is, developers don't listen except to one paticular demographic. As in the case with Super Smash Bros., Sakurai only listened to the Japanese gamers (which is why the roster is lame, the internet connection is bogus, and many of the other features are pointless, because they were mostly what Japanese gamers wanted).

Now in the case of Spyro, and with Activision being the top of it, they won't listen. Sierra did at one time, and the result was DotD; whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, it's up to you. (In my bias, it was a mixed blessing; it showed that there are developers out there who do give half-a-crap at what people want, but then again, it let the crazy fans come in and mess around with things).

People, as HIR and I have been saying, it will not work. If the mass of Mario fans can't convince good old Nintendo to do what they want, what do you think the smaller and lesser known Spyro fandom is gonna get the meaner Activision to do anything?
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#154 Posted: 22:14:28 04/08/2009

Well, go find Google and search for the "Super Mario RPG 2" and "Geno for Brawl" petitions. If you don't find numerous ones of those... no, wait, you WILL. Because they're both failed petitions that had even LARGER fan bases than some silly bring back original Spyro thing. e_e

OMG! LETZ GET RIDZ OF KRYZTAL!!!

Pretty much 90% of the early Brawl day topics were about what character to petition for. Pretty much none that anyone wanted except Wolf (who was a last minute throw in, judging by how poorly programed and redundant the Wesley is) and Sownic (which comes to show what I mean by Sakurai being an idiot at doing his research on anything except Japanese gamers, Kirby, Mario, and Zelda), and look at how those turned out... Failmaster intended.

I mean, I read a 50 page topic (with ten posts on each page) on why King K. Rool should be in, then there was a debate on if Krystal or Wolf is furry bait that was 60 pages long, then one on Geno and Ridley being stupid ideas that was 100 pages long...

The thing is, developers don't listen except to one paticular demographic. As in the case with Super Smash Bros., Sakurai only listened to the Japanese gamers (which is why the roster is lame, the internet connection is bogus, and many of the other features are pointless, because they were mostly what Japanese gamers wanted).

Now in the case of Spyro, and with Activision being the top of it, they won't listen. Sierra did at one time, and the result was DotD; whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, it's up to you. (In my bias, it was a mixed blessing; it showed that there are developers out there who do give half-a-crap at what people want, but then again, it let the crazy fans come in and mess around with things).

People, as HIR and I have been saying, it will not work. If the mass of Mario fans can't convince good old Nintendo to do what they want, what do you think the smaller and lesser known Spyro fandom is gonna get the meaner Activision to do anything?

The chance of this working is pretty much nil, I think.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#155 Posted: 22:32:35 04/08/2009
Actually, Nintendo's been doing some good fan service IMHO. I mean, we get a 2D AND a 3D Mario game. And that game is actually the second game in Mario's mainstream, 3D continuity to be on the Wii... we haven't been gifted with two mainstream Mario titles since back in the bit days. Sure, maybe it won't be that great because the concept is no longer original... but at least it appeals to the longtime Mario fans.

And frankly, nobody can say Insomniac is terrible with their fan service either. They've done a good job of it with Ratchet & Clank. To name off a few examples you have the Tools of Destruction "animal weapon" contest, the "Qwark's My Blaster Runs Hot" contest, the constructo weapons, and their first Comic Con, with the party and the panel featuring staff & VAs. Those were definitely not on the "isolated, lack of fan service" side.

The idea of bringing back original Spyro is a terrible idea due to the fact that it is far too much of a fantasy to be considered a fanservice. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#156 Posted: 03:40:28 05/08/2009

The idea of bringing back original Spyro is a terrible idea due to the fact that it is far too much of a fantasy to be considered a fanservice. >.>

I see what you mean about everything else, but could you expand on this idea some a bit... I don't really see what you mean by it being a fantasy.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#157 Posted: 09:45:04 05/08/2009
You'd need about 1 million people to sign that form. I don't think there even ARE 1 million Spyro fans...
jimmy dragon Ripto Gems: 841
#158 Posted: 13:01:50 05/08/2009
I signed the petitions.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#159 Posted: 15:37:31 05/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Thanks jimmydragon and Whitedragon. Even if the chances are slim, we might as well try. We have nothing to loose and only our favorite childhood character to gain from trying.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#160 Posted: 16:54:48 05/08/2009
Uh, I didn't have a childhood, so I don't care...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#161 Posted: 17:24:54 05/08/2009

I see what you mean about everything else, but could you expand on this idea some a bit... I don't really see what you mean by it being a fantasy.

Well, Insomniac is a rather small independent game studio who never had the license to Spyro in the first place. It's unlikely they'd be able to buy the franchise from one of the gaming giants, Activision. It seems to me like the only way it could happen would be if somehow Activision bought Insomniac. But I don't see that happening... especially cause Bobby Kotick's not very fond of the PS3, which is Insomniac's console of choice. <.<;
---
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#162 Posted: 18:22:55 05/08/2009
Will someone at least give hope...This new Spyro is seriously boring... "We have to save the world" ... "Come on Sparx!"... That's all I hear. The old Spyro was really fun. I know you Legend of Spyro fans like the new games, but some people want the old games back.
#163 Posted: 18:48:18 05/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah! LOS was alright but CLASSIC SPYRO ROCKS! He was bold and happy go lucky and determined. This new Spyro is all doom and gloom and totoally gaga over Cynder. He seems to preffer her over his lifelong friend/brother Sparx.
---
#164 Posted: 19:01:14 05/08/2009
Quote: Whitedragon
Will someone at least give hope...

Hope? As if. Do you honestly see Activision responding to this petition, and about Spyro, no less? I can't.

What I CAN see, though, is me getting into an argument. So, I shall now step down from that.
---
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#165 Posted: 19:06:32 05/08/2009
If you want the 'feel' of the old Spyro back, SpyroLUVA... re-play the three games, grab your GBA/DS and play a round of Season of Ice, Season and Flame and Attack of the Rhynocs/Adventure.

Or you can just erase the "Dark, Epic Spyro" from your mind and stop arguing with others.

You have six original feel Spyro games, voila. Problem solved. :3

(I'm only trying to help, by the way. I grew up with the old Spyro, too. But I also like the New Spyro as well.)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#166 Posted: 19:07:45 05/08/2009
Activision nor Insomniac won't even read an online petition, even if they wanted to. They'll obviously continue the games where DotD left off or do a different storyline in the LoS universe. They confirmed long ago that they'll go with the reboot to continue the Spyro franchise, since the Spyro games with the Old Spyro in it were not as good as the original trilogy, or don't do anymore Spyro games.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#167 Posted: 19:23:42 05/08/2009
Quote: Aura24
Activision nor Insomniac won't even read an online petition, even if they wanted to. They'll obviously continue the games where DotD left off or do a different storyline in the LoS universe. They confirmed long ago that they'll go with the reboot to continue the Spyro franchise, since the Spyro games with the Old Spyro in it were not as good as the original trilogy, or don't do anymore Spyro games.

True true...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#168 Posted: 22:15:56 05/08/2009
so besicly because of 1 youtube vidio signd by 6 pepople will beat the millions of FANTARDS? as much as i like the old spyro its not happaning smilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#169 Posted: 22:41:08 05/08/2009
Quote: BlinktheCookie
Quote: Doppel
Quote: BlinktheCookie
LoS fans are anything but grown up.

Excuse me!?

I said MOST of the fans, not all of them. Pay attention when you're reading.

You didn't say most anywhere... You simply said 'LOS fans are anything but grown up'...
#170 Posted: 23:32:12 05/08/2009
Quote: DARK CINDER
so besicly because of 1 youtube vidio signd by 6 pepople will beat the millions of FANTARDS? as much as i like the old spyro its not happaning smilie

Yes, 6 people versus millions of fantards... Seems like pretty fair odds, hm?

...I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:32:33 05/08/2009 by Zithdaitoh
#171 Posted: 00:35:42 06/08/2009
California... living proof that stupid people in large groups have a ton of power to change the world...

Hence why Mass Transit will be impossible in America, and why the nation has a ton of problems in the first place... >.>

And this post makes no sense...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#172 Posted: 00:40:55 06/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Might as well try though. As I said, we have nothing to loose.

There have been many events in history in which a small group of ppl/one person overcame incredible odds/a great adversary.

Terry Fox ran for miles to raise money for cancer with a prostetic leg before he died, and Canadians keep him in memory to this day by running the annual Terry Fox Marathon of Hope.

The Scottish fought and won against the English.

The Jews have been opressed and abused for decades, but they are still prosperous today.
---
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#173 Posted: 00:54:24 06/08/2009
But a question; What do any of those things have to do with Spyro the Dragon? Nothing. These were real-life situations that have absolutely nothing to do with a fictional dragon.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#174 Posted: 01:32:24 06/08/2009
You brought something up similar to what you just said long ago in your old, annoying topic, SpyroLUVA. Something about your ancestors dying for a right to express their opinions, when it has nothing to do with Spyro. The things you said now has NOTHING to do with Spyro, and if you think you're trying to prove a point from those statements, it's not going to work.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:35:00 06/08/2009 by Aura24
#175 Posted: 02:45:01 06/08/2009
California... living proof that stupid people in large groups have a ton of power to change the world

Hmmm, now that you mention it... I believe Insomniac is based in Burbank. XD
---
#176 Posted: 03:25:52 06/08/2009
California... living proof that stupid people in large groups have a ton of power to change the world

Hmmm, now that you mention it... I believe Insomniac is based in Burbank. smilie

Good, another reason why it needs to fall of the map... >=)

Let's just put it this way; I hate the place, especially the southern part of it.

After all, we'll have nothing to lose because there's still Nintendo and the rest of Japan. smilie
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#177 Posted: 17:08:43 06/08/2009
Yeah, so what if Activision fails? I wouldn't mind the absence of Call of Duty or Guitar Hero. e_e
---
winged dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 4156
#178 Posted: 18:14:58 06/08/2009
It could work but with all the new spyro stuff it probley wont
CyndersHope Green Sparx Gems: 167
#179 Posted: 19:46:47 06/08/2009
oka im not trying t be idebut even though i was born in the year of spyro the dragon[1998]grr this rips me up.i grew up with old spyro but i loooove the LOS series.but the first ever spyro will always be afav.i just want them to keep the LOS...
---
Kari~~
A Golden strong female trained by Terrador capable of fire but the colour gold and a fury attack that lets out an explosion of golden water.
#180 Posted: 02:08:14 07/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Aura24, it doesn't matter if they have a thing to do with Spyro, that's not the point. My point is as I said, small groups of people can overcome great foes and obstacles, and I do have the right to speak my mind, as long as I respect the rights of others, and I do. I repect that some ppl don't want old Spyro back and I'm not forcing them to sign anything or look at this topic.
---
#181 Posted: 03:21:21 07/08/2009
And Europe!! =D

Speaking of which, what's the Spyro fandom like there??
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#182 Posted: 20:58:40 10/08/2009
I could care less now if the originals come back or not. I just want something different by far from the LoS series. I actually think they might continue the series from SL with something like AHT.
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#183 Posted: 01:37:19 11/08/2009
"We Might Be Able To Bring Old Spyro Back!" <--it's the Title if you guys didn't know

For the hundreth FREAKIN time...AM I funny YET?

I forgot the "Know" when I first posted. XP
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:37:50 11/08/2009 by XenoSpyro
#184 Posted: 03:43:51 11/08/2009
GENO FOR BRAWL!! *Sign here*

REMAKE FOR SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 PROPOSED, CLICK HERE!!

OMG! Sign my petition to bring back Yamaha Soft Synths!!

MOTHER 4!! Let's get Itoi to make us another Mother game!!

BRING BACK THE SNAKE!! Sign here if you want to bring back Solid Snake on the XBOX game...

Let's convince Will Wright to make another Sim City game!! Visit this link...

Sign here if you would like Disney to bring back Vault Disney...

Support me in my petition to get SyFy Channel to go back to Sci-Fi Channel...

Sign here if you want video game companies to release OSTs on CDs...

Sign here if you want to-*gets smashed by a piano*
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#185 Posted: 03:50:38 11/08/2009
That last complete one is a reality... in Japan. If you're willing to pay tons o' cash to get it imported, it's not a prob—*shot*
---
#186 Posted: 03:52:53 11/08/2009
Or else use a torr-*beaten*
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#187 Posted: 12:11:07 11/08/2009
Quote: Tango
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Quote: Tango

Ah but can this be proven? Did Ripto send bushes to eat Spyro? Did he send weird ducks with ruber bands to kil Spyro? And as for sparx, HOW can he take these hits? Magic? Why is he magic? Who made him magic? Are all dragonflys magic?

In games, books, movies and shows, everything that can be explained, should be. But sometimes things have no explanation. Period.

Which makes it into a plot hole. Which makes plot holes common. Which means saying DOTD has SO many plot hokes is just like saying it's a normal game.

But the DOTD plot holes are "greater" then the insomniac ones. Like with the insomniac ones, you don't really notice them much and you don't really pay attention to them. There not part off the story. But with DOTD the plot holes have something to do with the story. Like is Ignitus really dead? Was Cynder really evil in TEN? Why didn't Spyro and Cynder go back to the others? How did they survive after doing that big fury thingy that pulled the world together?
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#188 Posted: 15:20:29 11/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Good point Cynder_543.

I'm not trying to be funny XenoSpyro.

This is a genuinely serious topic for Classic fans to try (regardless of how little a chance there is) to restore old Spyro.
---
#189 Posted: 15:24:23 11/08/2009
Since SpyroLUVA is obviously still gonna try... Well, I'll say that I see no point in continuing this discussion. I would just leave him/her to it.

(Sorry, don't know your gender...)
---
#190 Posted: 16:11:46 11/08/2009 | Topic Creator
I'm a girl and yes trying to argue with people who have made pu thier mind is pointless and stressful for both sides of the conversation.
---
Red Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#191 Posted: 16:48:14 11/08/2009
NEW_SpyroLUVA, I think its time to give up now, Yes it would be amazing and yes most Spyro fans do want it that grew up with the old games, but its just not going it happen, it would be great if it did... BUT IT WON'T. Accept that and move on.
---
Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#192 Posted: 17:30:50 11/08/2009 | Topic Creator

How many times must I say "We have nothing to lose from trying, and regardless of how slim the chances are, I at least will always try."
---
#193 Posted: 20:27:50 11/08/2009
Like I said. Everyone here might as well just stop arguing and move on with their lives. I don't see anyone's opinion about to change here.
---
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#194 Posted: 10:31:50 12/08/2009
I agree with NEW_SpyroLUVA on this one. This might not work, but it's better to do something then just sit there.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#195 Posted: 03:22:39 13/08/2009
Well, then you guys have fun with your little petition thingy! *sips tea* p_o
---
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#196 Posted: 03:26:56 13/08/2009
The chances anyone will listen to this is the same chance any person will survive jumping out of a plane and diving into a glass of water.
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#197 Posted: 03:31:03 13/08/2009
The chances anyone will listen to this is the same chance any person will survive jumping out of a plane and diving into a glass of water.

Now I normaly wouldn't reply to topics like this anymore and would only read.... but....

that was funny! smilie lol
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#198 Posted: 16:33:38 13/08/2009
Quote: cornys

Now I normaly wouldn't reply to topics like this anymore and would only read.... but....

that was funny! smilie lol

INDEED. =) *joins HIR and sips tea*
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#199 Posted: 20:56:41 13/08/2009
*Joins HIR and BDAJ89 and plays air saxiphone*
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#200 Posted: 23:16:57 13/08/2009
Well, how about this?
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=11468
I think they (or I) could do a good job with this... it's 98 percent old Spyro, but with higher action and fancier tricks on Spyro's part, and shinier graphics. There are two games following it, and Spyro grows progressively older through them. And in the last one, an old-school-Spyro-style Cynder shows up! And as for something completely new to Spyro overall, I see the gameplay in this as being almost Zelda-ish.
smilie I dunno. Just an idea, really.
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me