Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What was Cynders original element?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
What was Cynders original element? [CLOSED]
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#51 Posted: 01:49:06 23/07/2009
Wind. It's the only Elemental abillity.
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#52 Posted: 12:48:23 29/07/2009
Quote: Fireball
It's wind, not shadow.
Shadow, Poison, and Fear are not elements, just darkness. Wind is her original breath type. Wind isn't a dark element. And how do you know if a Wind dragon is white? Just 'cause she's black doesn't mean or original breath is Shadow. It is wind for crying out loud.

It's shadow for crying out loud. smilie

And who said that Shadow is not an element!? And wind is dark if you think about it!

And a wind dragon must be white because wind is white. So it's only natural that a white dragon has the wind element.

I have proven so many times to why I think it's shadow. But you guys just don't want to read it...
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#53 Posted: 14:23:38 29/07/2009
I enterpreted everything here completely different.... Ignitus has said that there are only 4 elements.... and when the chronicler said what powers Cynder said he didn't call them elements... he called them abilities... you see... Cynder would have been one of the 4 regular elements should she have not.

Shadow and wind from my understanding are abilities and not elements....

I'm picking Earth simply because wind could be a function of Earth... Nothing else even could be power by an element really.
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
shadowdragon5 Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#54 Posted: 14:30:11 29/07/2009
wow

someone who didnt choose either shadow or wind. directly

why not? lets see what people comment on that
---
Aww, I wanted to explode.
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#55 Posted: 16:45:31 29/07/2009
I go with wind. But my reasons have been pointed out by other people.

And when I was a little person, a long time ago, I always used to think white dragons where snow dragons. Wierd breath idea given up nowadays.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#56 Posted: 03:14:32 30/07/2009
What's so bad about the idea of Cynder just not having an element? Maybe a dragon isn't gifted with his/her element until they reach a certain age? Maybe she was corrupted too quickly to be gifted with her element? Maybe HIR should stop asking so many questions? <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#57 Posted: 04:20:39 30/07/2009
I may have a suggestion... why don't we ask dark52 if he could create a poll on which original element Cynder would have as a young dragon?

Wind and Shadow.

It's not to be argued about, it's supposed to be fun! ^_^
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#58 Posted: 04:30:38 30/07/2009
Those are some fun questions and bring up some neat possibilities, HIR. smilie

I always figured that the eggs that were at the Temple had been sent there because they were special to begin with. Guardians must train their whole lives to master their elements and to defend the dragon realms, so when dragons lay eggs, they have a way of sorting out which dragons have extraordinary abilities and send those to the Temple for training. But, again, that's just one of those crazy theories I came up with while playing ANB.

We got to see some regular dragons in DotD, specifically in Warfang.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#59 Posted: 18:36:54 30/07/2009
Quote: cornys
Ignitus has said that there are only 4 elements....

Ok, possibiliteies:
Ignutus's understanding of universe was not that hight when he said that
OR
He didn't want to overload Spyro's brain, you know, too much informations at once are dizzying (W/O ascend'd brain)
OR
If he would say ALL elements, it can result in something like this:
*turn on What-if machine*
:Ignitus: There are 8 elements...
:Spyro: 8? But Ignitu, wasn't I supposed to know every one element, as purple dragon? I know only Fir....
*removes a ZPM from What-if machine*

That is all for now. Excuse me?

Aeria gloris, aeria gloris...
---
Keep smile
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#60 Posted: 18:51:18 30/07/2009
Quote: matesds
Quote: cornys
Ignitus has said that there are only 4 elements....

Ok, possibiliteies:
Ignutus's understanding of universe was not that hight when he said that
OR
He didn't want to overload Spyro's brain, you know, too much informations at once are dizzying (W/O ascend'd brain)
OR
If he would say ALL elements, it can result in something like this:
*turn on What-if machine*
:Ignitus: There are 8 elements...
:Spyro: 8? But Ignitu, wasn't I supposed to know every one element, as purple dragon? I know only Fir....
*removes a ZPM from What-if machine*

That is all for now. Excuse me?

Aeria gloris, aeria gloris...

I think they have ripped something off Star Wars... Some abilitys can only be gained by being evil... I rest my case smilie
#61 Posted: 20:16:34 30/07/2009
Oh, don't kid yourself. LoS is Star Wars with dragons (only much better than Eragon). smilie

Spyro = Anakin Skywalker, because he's not cool enough to be Luke
Ignitus = Obi Wan right down to being a spirit Jedi
Cynder = Princess Leia + Xena + Mary Sue, only she's not his sister
Guardians = Jedi council

What's sad is that LoS is mostly a rip off of the new Star Wars trilogy, which is nowhere near as good as the originals (bad, George Lucas! Bad!).
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#62 Posted: 23:23:07 30/07/2009
I'll side with bionical here....

And about the Star Wars point.... People liked the old ones better because that's what Star Wars was to them..... I didn't see anything Star Wars until a year ago now.... I liked the new ones because that's what I thought Star Wars was at first... (I Watched Chronologicaly)

Oddly a similer situation to the "Orig. Vs. tLoS" case we have more often around here with some people... I see where people are coming from there though.... I liked both equally in both cases...

And yeah it's about the same.... I like Eragon too... huh... I like just about everything equally... Spyro Eragon and Star Wars.... Nah n/m... Spyro more than anything....

I stick to the guns of my previous post.... 4 elements... evil abilities....
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#63 Posted: 23:54:54 30/07/2009
Quote: Razz
Oh, don't kid yourself. LoS is Star Wars with dragons (only much better than Eragon). smilie

Spyro = Anakin Skywalker, because he's not cool enough to be Luke
Ignitus = Obi Wan right down to being a spirit Jedi
Cynder = Princess Leia + Xena + Mary Sue, only she's not his sister
Guardians = Jedi council

What's sad is that LoS is mostly a rip off of the new Star Wars trilogy, which is nowhere near as good as the originals (bad, George Lucas! Bad!).

I know... It is ripped off lots of things... Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Matrix... If you can think of anymore just post smilie
rept7 Blue Sparx Gems: 826
#64 Posted: 00:38:05 31/07/2009
In the game I've noticed that Cynder's poison ability resembles Spyro's fire (Like how ou need Poison and fire at max to unlock the galleries and stuff) But that question has always bugged me, If Cynder wasn't corrupted by darkness and Spyro wasn't a legendary purple dragon, what would they originally have? I'd guess Fire for Spyro cause that was his only element in the first 3 games ever but yet again ALL dragons breathed fire at the time. This question can't really be solved without knowledge of the parents and what powers they could inherit.

By the way, who ever says wind, That technically isn't one of the four elements among dragons (There are four elders who I assume have control in whatever "government" and each has one of four elements) I think those are the only four elements passed on to dragons and that it had to be one of the four. At least until fan dragons in the future come to play (Where new elements start coming into play)
---
7 Ain't so lucky anymore.
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#65 Posted: 02:43:05 31/07/2009
Actually, poison could be a legit thing for Cynder as some reptiles produce it. After all, what would make hunting easier if you can't breathe fire than to have poison to kill the prey??

But of course, in fictionland, things get exaggerated.

And the Lord of the Rings is a rip off of Der Ring des Nibelungen by Wagner.

So...

Spyro is an Opera now... =P
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#66 Posted: 10:47:37 31/07/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
Actually, poison could be a legit thing for Cynder as some reptiles produce it.

So.. Cynder is an offspring of a dragon and a spitting cobra?

Never mind, I'm bored..

But yeah, Good point..
Maspanda555 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1276
#67 Posted: 16:58:51 31/07/2009
I think it could've been any of them, but I say shadow just 'cause she's a black-skinned dragon. Ignitus is red-orange, Volteer is yellow, Cyril is blue, et cetera, et cetera.
---
"If experience has taught me anything, it's to investigate anything that glows."
#68 Posted: 18:01:18 31/07/2009
Quote:
By the way, who ever says wind, That technically isn't one of the four elements among dragons

The problem with this statement is that TEN disproves it. In the scene where the Chronicler is explaining Malefor's past, he talks about the powers Malefor mastered, showing scenes of him learning from different Guardians. The only named elements in that entire monologue are fire and wind. We even see a wind guardian teaching Malefor.
#69 Posted: 18:45:50 31/07/2009
But still, what about the others?
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#70 Posted: 20:08:09 31/07/2009
It's not impossible that poison, shadow and fear could be elements, though the Chronicler said specifically that Cynder had abilities that no other dragon possesses because of her exposure to dark forces.

Here are the Chronicler's exact quotes from the cutscenes.

TEN: meeting the Chronicler.

"Spyro you must understand, when she was taken by Gaul, she was poisoned and corrupted, made to do the Dark Master's bidding. Her entire life was spent in shadow. She knows no other way."
~ Cynder's tale

"...at first he mastered fire, which was odd because he was not a fire dragon. Then came ice and wind..."
~ Malefor's tale

DotD: Spyro and Cynder get their powers.

"Cynder. While most other dragons can master only a single element, your exposure to the darkness has gifted you with abilities most uncommon: poison, fear, wind, and shadow."

Since wind was specifically mentioned in TEN as an element (and we even saw its Guardian) and all of her other powers are associated with dark themes, I'm inclined to think she's a wind dragon myself.
Cynder 19000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1822
#71 Posted: 21:51:52 31/07/2009
i think it would of been wind or shadow, i think it could of been wind because wind is a normal element, but Cynder is black so thats why it could of been shadow, but Fireball is right shadow is just darkness
---
I'm batman!! Shh...
#72 Posted: 22:54:13 31/07/2009
I'm sticking with poison, since it makes the most sense, and because I let science get in the way of things...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#73 Posted: 00:02:30 01/08/2009
I still think it is shadow. Because there BOTH black. >.<

A black dragon breathing wind? It just dosen't sound right! Its like an ice dragon/light blue dragon thats element is fire. It dosn't go together. But shadow does go together.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:38 01/08/2009 by Cynder_543
#74 Posted: 02:25:15 01/08/2009
Quote: Cynder_543

A black dragon breathing wind? It just dosen't sound right! Its like an ice dragon/light blue dragon thats element is fire. It dosn't go together. But shadow does go together.

Indeed, it makes sense, but remember, many fans are going to debate about this to the end or until Sierra (or um, Activision) points out the truths.

And remember black is not always evil.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#75 Posted: 02:33:28 01/08/2009

Indeed, it makes sense, but remember, many fans are going to debate about this to the end or until Sierra (or um, Activision) points out the truths.

And remember black is not always evil.

And thats gonna be annoying..... D:

Yep. Black ain't always evil. smilie

But there is a possibility that it's poison. Because, like fire, you needed to fully upgrade poison to get Cynder's gallery.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#76 Posted: 04:11:29 01/08/2009
I don't even think Cynder is black. That seems to be up for debate even within the games themselves. Between the games, the official art, and even official descriptions of Cynder, nothing can make up it's mind.

In ANB she was either black or gray depending on where you saw her.

In TEN, she was either gray or gray-blue.

And in DotD she's blue (or purple if you ask some fans).

Her concept art and official models range in color from gray to blue and official sources after ANB don't even bother to mention that she has a color at all.

Let's just all agree to disagree here, eh? Each one of us has formed our decisions based on our thoughts and experiences. Fighting about it and trying to make one person see it your way by hitting them over the head with your ideas won't change their minds. It really only serves to make everyone think their side is the only right one and engenders bad feelings towards others in this community.

Maybe someday someone can ask Mike or Chris about this, but even then people still won't agree (official word about Cynder not being related to Spyro didn't even stop that little disagreement, so there's your proof that no one will agree to a thing all the time, even when all the evidence supports it).
#77 Posted: 09:41:41 01/08/2009
I think the reason why she was blue is because DOTD was really "bright" and "shinny"...

At some points Spyro looked pink but does that change the fact that he is purple? No it doesn't. Thats the same for Cynder. She "looks" dark blue in DOTD, but that doesn't change the fact that she is really black.....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#78 Posted: 09:43:49 01/08/2009
I think the reason why she was blue is because DOTD was really "bright" and "shinny"...

At some points Spyro looked pink but does that change the fact that he is purple? No it doesn't. Thats the same for Cynder. She "looks" dark blue in DOTD, but that doesn't change the fact that she is really black.....

Yeah... Malefor looked pink where the light shined on him too...
#79 Posted: 18:18:27 01/08/2009
Quote: bionicle2809

All because HDTV and it's high end tech is crappy at displaying deep dark colors. Hence why a good deep black would be impossible to see on Cynder's model.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#80 Posted: 18:55:26 01/08/2009
Quote: bionicle2809

All because HDTV and it's high end tech is crappy at displaying deep dark colors. Hence why a good deep black would be impossible to see on Cynder's model.

No... I have it on the Wii and PS2... Neither of them are on HD and Malefor looks pink of both of them...
#81 Posted: 19:54:19 01/08/2009
No one read a thing I just said about Cynder's colors. Oh well. That's a forum for you. *shrug*

Cynder doesn't just look blue on HD tvs, folks. Her official model is blue, she's blue in the strategy guide, and she's blue in every single scene. No black at all.

The one and only time Cynder was honest black was in the FMVs in ANB. That was it. So if you want to see what she would look like black and compare it to her DotD/TEN models, that's where you'll see it.

But, whatever. This is a total waste of time. No one is going to agree with anyone else on this matter.
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#82 Posted: 19:57:49 01/08/2009
I really wish someone would email the creators so we could end this argument once and for all. >.>

But I do agree with Razz about no one agreeing. xD
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#83 Posted: 01:23:44 03/08/2009
Wind logically makes the most sense. None of the others really are elements that could exist in nature (especially not fear...). The other option which makes sense is that SHE NEVER GOT HER DANG ELEMENT.

I mean, a dragon doesn't know their element at birth. It took Spyro like what 10 years before he even used fire? Malefor could've just theoretically "erased" the element when he pumped Cynder full of dark magic. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#84 Posted: 01:29:11 03/08/2009
if she had 1 of the 4 original element's i would say fire. after all she is a black dragoness and the name cynder also comes from the word definition ''cinder'' which means basically ashes left from a volcano or something like that.
#85 Posted: 07:55:25 03/08/2009
Quote: Adria
I really wish someone would email the creators so we could end this argument once and for all. >.>

But I do agree with Razz about no one agreeing. xD

I would, but I don't know how... Can someone tell me how? That way, I can send them the e-mail. But first, I would need to know there e-mail address. xD

Well, on Spyro wiki (I think), it says that Cynder is black/dark purple, not blue. And wind does not suit a dark purple dragon (it doesn't even make sense! A purple dragon born once every ten generations!). But shadow does.

Quote: Razz
No one read a thing I just said about Cynder's colors. Oh well. That's a forum for you. *shrug*

Cynder doesn't just look blue on HD tvs, folks. Her official model is blue, she's blue in the strategy guide, and she's blue in every single scene. No black at all.

The one and only time Cynder was honest black was in the FMVs in ANB. That was it. So if you want to see what she would look like black and compare it to her DotD/TEN models, that's where you'll see it.

But, whatever. This is a total waste of time. No one is going to agree with anyone else on this matter.

Yeah, she LOOKS purple. But does that change the fact that she is black. I don't think it does...

Maybe they made her dark blue in DOTD so you can see her in dark places like caves.

Everyone, look at this topic. There at lots off reasons to why she is black. Oh, and look at Aura's post (the second post)! That is a good reason to why she is NOT dark purple in DOTD!
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:02:30 03/08/2009 by Cynder_543
Cynder46 Blue Sparx Gems: 782
#86 Posted: 20:13:23 03/08/2009
I thought maybe it was fire because that was what she used when she was evil in ANB but I don't know weather that was because she was being controlled. It could've been anything!
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#87 Posted: 20:46:20 03/08/2009
I don't see much point in continuing this discussion. Everyone is gonna have their own opinions. We just have to accept that.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me