Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > We Might Be Able To Bring Old Spyro Back!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
We Might Be Able To Bring Old Spyro Back! [CLOSED]
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#101 Posted: 20:05:20 23/07/2009
Well let me see here:

We've got several things going on...

First off, we have nostalgia filters who are completely unaware that the a good portion of the games they played growing up are not all classics and Sturgeon's Law applies to them heavily, and that they are afraid of sitting down doing a little research to see as to why everyone's fed up with old Spyro, old Sonic, old [insert generic mascot with attitude here], and see that some gamers have actually grown up and expected that games be more than just mindless platformers.

Then you have those who obviously can't seem to see that the first three games of LoS were just an eye opener to catch people's attention, and that if Mike wanted to suddenly make Spyro and Cynder adults who go around killing Ripto's minions, he could very well do that (he is the owner now after all). Just because of how things ended in DotD doesn't mean it's going to be set in stone (then again I probably should play TEN and DotD so that I quit sounding like an idiot when I mention them).

Then there are those who seem to think that Activision is a very nice company. I hate to say this but they are nothing but scum bags. These guys aren't Sierra, who seem to have more fun making interactive art (a la Quest games and Leisure Suit Larry) and can laugh at themselves and put more effort into their orchestrations, oh no, Activision is all about money and being popular to get more money. And being that Spyro has a redundant broken base, it probably would be easier for Activision to dump the franchise than to do anything with it.

Indeed, it seems the only game you can make these days is a FPS in which it's all about guns (not the explosives, not the gunplay tropes), just guns and killing. And maybe RPGs, which thanks to JRR Tolkien (and Wagner), wind up being full of all the tropes Tolkien either used or created. JRPGs are popular, but it always seems to be Final Fantasy that gets in the way. Mario is pretty much all there is for platforming (well, he does have a personality better than that of a brick like Sonic), and it seems that everyone forgot about Sim City, but it seems that Spore and the Sims are what dominate the simulation/sandbox genre. As for puzzle games, what puzzle games? I haven't seen any be made lately.

As for Mr. Baer, I think he's rolling in his grave over the whole issue.

Point is that I find this thread to be as good as the thread back in the hype days of Brawl. People will post the opinions (and egos) in a subject of who and what is considered "ideal" for the Smash roster, stages, items, or whatever, going to as far generating conspiracy theories just to prove their point, only to find out in the end that Sakurai fell for the "laziness at last piece" ordeal and made Brawl below many expectations (if you look beyond it's gameplay, in which it did deserve some high marks despite the Stop Having Fun guys bawling about it). Then after the release of the game, it just became an ego war zone.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#102 Posted: 20:29:52 23/07/2009 | Topic Creator
...Well alright then.

You say those FPS games are where it's at, but aren't ppl getting tired of them by now? As for puzzles, Tomb Raider and Uncharted seem to have puzzles aplenty, or that's how it looks when I watch my dad play the games.

You also say ppl don't want mindless platformers, but I've seen countless posts in random places saying ppl miss the simple, non epic platformer Spyro once was.

Speaking of epicness, I'm not so crazy about the over dramatic story of LOS, but the epic battles with all the explosions and multi-color energy and elemental blasts make the game pretty cool to see. If they mixed LOS and Classic Spyro that's one of the aspects of LOS I would like to see. Awesome, music video worthy scenes and fights, sinister looking monsters and enemies, but the good ol fasioned keep killing till you've saved the world kind of plot/story, but not as simple as that. Do you see what I'm saying?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#103 Posted: 20:34:55 23/07/2009
Yes, it would be interesting to see if they've mix the gameplay with that of the Old Spyro trilogy. But we won't know until we see new information, which will probably come out after the Spyro movie.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#104 Posted: 21:09:19 23/07/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
...Well alright then.

You say those FPS games are where it's at, but aren't ppl getting tired of them by now? As for puzzles, Tomb Raider and Uncharted seem to have puzzles aplenty, or that's how it looks when I watch my dad play the games.

Sure, that's 2 game series. I'll throw in Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia, and that's basically all we have for non-childish platformers these days.

Quote:
You also say ppl don't want mindless platformers, but I've seen countless posts in random places saying ppl miss the simple, non epic platformer Spyro once was.

Yeah, a lot of people post saying the new ones suck and they want Old Spyro back, you included. It gets OLD after a while >_>

Quote:
Speaking of epicness, I'm not so crazy about the over dramatic story of LOS, but the epic battles with all the explosions and multi-color energy and elemental blasts make the game pretty cool to see. If they mixed LOS and Classic Spyro that's one of the aspects of LOS I would like to see. Awesome, music video worthy scenes and fights, sinister looking monsters and enemies, but the good ol fasioned keep killing till you've saved the world kind of plot/story, but not as simple as that. Do you see what I'm saying?

I can actually see myself picking up a mixed type game and it keeping me entertained for more than 5 minutes...if they add good characters and a good plot.
And epic? tLoS was NOT epic. Far from epic.
People these days overuse the term epic so much it's not even funny. And the people who overuse it are the people who don't even know the correct definition of epic. More like a lame internet meme if you ask me.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#105 Posted: 22:06:50 23/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Okay, let's call it dramatic then. An epic is actually a type of story, right?
---
#106 Posted: 01:19:13 24/07/2009

Completely missing the point of when I said "puzzle games."

I mean the games like Tetris, those kind of puzzle games which I really don't see anymore, kind of like the old text-based or point-and-click adventure games and by the looks of it, sandbox/simulation games such as Sim City are going to be dying out soon too (if not already).
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#107 Posted: 02:27:23 24/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Oh, okay. What about internet mini games? Those are fun.
---
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#108 Posted: 08:19:03 24/07/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Quote: HIR
Which is actually not half bad. I'm pretty sure it's better than the previous two LoS sales figures for the same time period. ^.^;

It's just not up to Activision standards. Spyro can't compete with Activision's numerous big guns. <.<;

I'm kind of tired of the unoriginality of video games these days. 70% of them anymore are FPSs >.> What happened to the fun, original games, like platformers, puzzle/strategy, horror/survival, rpgs...Everything has to have a gun now, huh?

I miss them too. I hate games that are nothing but shooting and button mashing. But the past few years seems to be full off that junk.... If this era is bad, I don't want to even think about what they will do in 2020.... O.o
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#109 Posted: 08:39:39 24/07/2009
I'm with you guys on that one. The graphics of older games may not be so hot for most people, but the low technology of the times meant that a lot of creativity had to be used in art design and gameplay just to make games. "Intelligent Qube" will always be one of my favorite games and it just involved trying not to crush a stick-figure dude with giant cubes in the middle of a void. smilie
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#110 Posted: 12:07:41 24/07/2009
You know what's sad. I agree with getting old Spyro back. As long as it's AHT style. But I'm still not signing because it's stupid. And I'm still fighting for Tlos. Because someone smart has to.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#111 Posted: 12:53:01 24/07/2009
Quote: Razz
I'm with you guys on that one. The graphics of older games may not be so hot for most people, but the low technology of the times meant that a lot of creativity had to be used in art design and gameplay just to make games. "Intelligent Qube" will always be one of my favorite games and it just involved trying not to crush a stick-figure dude with giant cubes in the middle of a void. smilie

I remember playing the Inelligent Qube (aka Kurushi) demo that came with Playstation. I really want to buy the game but it is so rare now and really expensive.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#112 Posted: 18:09:46 24/07/2009
They released a version of IQ for the PSP that has all three games (though only the first was any good). If you can find it on eBay, it's worth the $60.
#113 Posted: 21:46:46 24/07/2009
If you guys REALLY want a challenge, I suggest the home made game I Wanna Be The Guy:

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/

It's tough, but it's a great game for those who remember gaming of the 80s up to the early 90s, and if you want a good laugh from all the ways you can die.

And remember, they're not apples or cherries, but delicious fruit!
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#114 Posted: 03:15:53 25/07/2009
Which is actually not half bad. I'm pretty sure it's better than the previous two LoS sales figures for the same time period. ^.^;

It's just not up to Activision standards. Spyro can't compete with Activision's numerous big guns. <.<;

I'm kind of tired of the unoriginality of video games these days. 70% of them anymore are FPSs >.> What happened to the fun, original games, like platformers, puzzle/strategy, horror/survival, rpgs...Everything has to have a gun now, huh?

You want unoriginality. Watch Gametrailer's Game of the Year Awards from 2008.

Alright, I understand MTV owns Gametrailers (and MTV's is about pop culture and targeting a teenage audience, who are mostly obsessed with games like GTA IV), but seriously? IT'S THE SAME 5 GAMES FOR EVERY DAMN AWARD EXCEPT BEST WII/DS GAMES. Where is the originality in that? GTA IV won pretty much every dang award.

Yes, GTA IV is good at the being the type of game it is (the critics sure seem to think so). But I think it is truly a sad day and age for gaming when a sandbox game where all you do is commit crimes sweeps a website's gaming awards for a year. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#115 Posted: 16:07:03 25/07/2009 | Topic Creator
I don't pay attention the awards things, for games, movies, singers, actors or anything, but yeah you are right. That is sad.
---
#116 Posted: 16:59:55 25/07/2009

Alright, I understand MTV owns Gametrailers (and MTV's is about pop culture and targeting a teenage audience, who are mostly obsessed with games like GTA IV), but seriously? IT'S THE SAME 5 GAMES FOR EVERY DAMN AWARD EXCEPT BEST WII/DS GAMES. Where is the originality in that? GTA IV won pretty much every dang award.

Yes, GTA IV is good at the being the type of game it is (the critics sure seem to think so). But I think it is truly a sad day and age for gaming when a sandbox game where all you do is commit crimes sweeps a website's gaming awards for a year. >.>

I never found GTA to be entertaining; don't see why it's so popular either.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#117 Posted: 17:13:59 25/07/2009 | Topic Creator
The only thing I liked about the old GTA games was the burp and fart buttons. Actually, my dad and brother were talkng about the old GTA and how funny the glitches were. You'd be driving a motorcycle or car and be going really fast then you his a wall and just stop suddenly. And I think idf you shot a guy in the head his head would explode.

Geeze, we've gone off topic again. >.<
---
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#118 Posted: 17:49:26 25/07/2009

How much you wanna bet there was a little extra dough behind the scenes, eh?

I've never liked the GTA games, I always find them rather stupid. Yet I know 9 year old who play it >.>
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#119 Posted: 04:47:13 26/07/2009
I want to comment on that statement, but I can't find a way to avoid wording it in a way that would seem to be "bad taste." <.<;
---
#120 Posted: 02:35:36 31/07/2009
Quote: ShadowDragon91

(I am going to be flamed for this. smilie )

Well of course you are! It wouldn't be the internet without somebody's little name yet BIG EGO being mean to somebody else.

But I agree with you, so we're both gonna be flamed.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#121 Posted: 02:49:31 31/07/2009
I really wish all this arguing about what series is better would stop. Personally, I loved both of the series but it's time to move on and stop living in the past where the old Spyro ruled and also if they went back to the Originals, I think it would make Spyro go down hill if it happened.

And for the record, The Legend of series and the Originals are two different styles of Spyro.

And by the way, I am not trashing The Legend of Series or the Originals, I am just saying that Spyro has grown up along with the rest of us who loved him when he first came out in 1998....that is all.

I'm not trying to flame, but most of the LoS fans are anything but grown up. Mainly because little kids find the whole "press a bunch of buttons to stay alive" game is simple enough for a small child to understand. Also, easily amused people take pleasure in the cramped overload of exploding graphics.

The originals, although not much on enemies and battle-related crap, are at least filled with enough creativity in the levels and occasional problem-solving are actually a lot more complicated than one would think.Also, theres the lightheartedness and the humor of a dragon with a spitfire personallity. Get it? Spitfire!
#122 Posted: 03:01:18 31/07/2009
Quote: BlinktheCookie
I really wish all this arguing about what series is better would stop. Personally, I loved both of the series but it's time to move on and stop living in the past where the old Spyro ruled and also if they went back to the Originals, I think it would make Spyro go down hill if it happened.

And for the record, The Legend of series and the Originals are two different styles of Spyro.

And by the way, I am not trashing The Legend of Series or the Originals, I am just saying that Spyro has grown up along with the rest of us who loved him when he first came out in 1998....that is all.

I'm not trying to flame, but most of the LoS fans are anything but grown up. Mainly because little kids find the whole "press a bunch of buttons to stay alive" game is simple enough for a small child to understand. Also, easily amused people take pleasure in the cramped overload of exploding graphics.

The originals, although not much on enemies and battle-related crap, are at least filled with enough creativity in the levels and occasional problem-solving are actually a lot more complicated than one would think.Also, theres the lightheartedness and the humor of a dragon with a spitfire personallity. Get it? Spitfire!

But then, back in those supposedly "magical days", many gamers of the late 70s and 80s (or people who just grew up with a Commodore 64 or NES for a good portion of their childhoods), found that Spyro's 'tude problem was a slap on the face for what good, hard playing gaming was all about... you know, having to type in commands, or deal with some really nasty platforming hell with pixelated enemies everywhere, or just have to put up with slow systems, maybe even having to have enough quarters!

But that's how I guess it works. It seems that those who annoy us back in the day eventually get picked and attacked on by somebody else... smilie
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#123 Posted: 03:05:28 31/07/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89

But then, back in those supposedly "magical days", many gamers of the late 70s and 80s (or people who just grew up with a Commodore 64 or NES for a good portion of their childhoods), found that Spyro's 'tude problem was a slap on the face for what good, hard playing gaming was all about... you know, having to type in commands, or deal with some really nasty platforming hell with pixelated enemies everywhere, or just have to put up with slow systems, maybe even having to have enough quarters!

But that's how I guess it works. It seems that those who annoy us back in the day eventually get picked and attacked on by somebody else... smilie

Well, I guess I was born a little late to be stupid and irratable over a game because of it's time period and characters.
#124 Posted: 05:44:18 31/07/2009

Well, I guess I was born a little late to be stupid and irratable over a game because of it's time period and characters.

But then think what's going to annoy those who are DotD fantards... I'm going to bet it's going to be FPS or Guitar Hero obsessed kids...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#125 Posted: 10:32:40 31/07/2009 | Topic Creator
If we are going back to the originals, make the next one a parody of the last three games and also of all other dramatic stories with too many overused "plot twists" and the like.

For example, lets say in the beginning Sparx shows up and Cynder goes missing out of the blue. Spyro says something like "Huh? Where'd Cynder go? She was here a minute ago..."

Sparx:"Have you forgotten the last three games already? It's a damsel in distress thing!" *Spyro is giving an uncomprehending look* "*sigh* You know...You two are in love, boy saves girl, girl loves boy, yadda yadda."

Spyro: "Oh...Hey, wait, didn't I do that like twice before? She already loves me, why am I still risking my life for her and all that crap?"

Sparx: "Ah, you know how it is, nobody likes to put as much effort into the story of a video game as they used to. All they can do is repeat the same stuff, over and over."

Spyro: "*sigh* Yeah, I forgot...These days as long as a game looks good, the story can be a complete load of trash. Well we better get moving."

Sparx: "Hoo hoo! Can you imagine the forum discussions about this?"

Spyro: "Oh man, I'd hate to be the admin for some fan site on the subject!"

See? See how easy it is to make something so simple and light hearted? This opening sccene is like a parody because Spyro and Sparx are aware of the fact that they are characters in a video game and are poking fun at the unoriginality and low quality of games these days. They even adress the behavior of fans and gamers online in the forums. Why not add a few jokes about FPS games, shooting, overly powerful characters and high action fight scenes?
---
#126 Posted: 11:14:23 31/07/2009
Because not everyone wants a game like that.

Oh another another thing, people say DOTD has SO MANY plot holes yet how many have the first three Spyro games got? Let me name a few...

STD: Where did GN come from?

GTG: In fracture hills, why do the bushes eat you and spit you out but when Sparx is gone they eat you compleatly.

YOTD: Why are you still being attacked by gnorc's when GN is dead?

All of them: How does Sparx take hit's from you? Why does he change colour?

All of them: Why are there random enimies that attack you? Why do they attack you?
Example: Crabs in GTG, Those giant green things in YOTD there are loads.
#127 Posted: 12:11:06 31/07/2009 | Topic Creator
GN was banished for being generally evil. I think I read in the booklet that the dragons and the gnorcs fought with each other for years, and the faries helped them colonize the world and overcome opression by the gnorcs. I might have gotten some (or all) of that wrong, but that is what I recall reading. Maybe it was on a fan site, but IDK where the maker got his/her info.

Sparx is your heath meter. As long as he is around, you can take up to 3 hits before you die. When he is gone, you will die when you are struck a fourth time.

Those aren't Gnorcs, they're just monsters (maybe Riptocs?) created by the Sorceress.

He takes your hits because he is your health meter (it's just a new twist on an old thing required in almost every game). He changes color to let you know you're down one or more hit points (some gamers just don't pay attention when they get really into it).

The monsters were sent by the main boss to stop Spyro from killing Gnasy/Ripto/the Sorceress/whoever. As it is with every game. Why do the pirates attack Ratchet? Because he wants to kill Captain Slagg. Why do Nightmarens stand in NiGHTS' way? Because he wants to stop their Master. Whydo turtles and goombas fight Mario? Because he wants to save Peach from Bowser and kill him. Get it? All those enemies are sent by thier leader (Bowser, Ripto, Malefor, Slagg, whoever) to stop or slow down the hero, elsewise they will be killed.
---
#128 Posted: 12:51:40 31/07/2009
GN was banished for being generally evil. I think I read in the booklet that the dragons and the gnorcs fought with each other for years, and the faries helped them colonize the world and overcome opression by the gnorcs. I might have gotten some (or all) of that wrong, but that is what I recall reading. Maybe it was on a fan site, but IDK where the maker got his/her info.

Sparx is your heath meter. As long as he is around, you can take up to 3 hits before you die. When he is gone, you will die when you are struck a fourth time.

Those aren't Gnorcs, they're just monsters (maybe Riptocs?) created by the Sorceress.

He takes your hits because he is your health meter (it's just a new twist on an old thing required in almost every game). He changes color to let you know you're down one or more hit points (some gamers just don't pay attention when they get really into it).

The monsters were sent by the main boss to stop Spyro from killing Gnasy/Ripto/the Sorceress/whoever. As it is with every game. Why do the pirates attack Ratchet? Because he wants to kill Captain Slagg. Why do Nightmarens stand in NiGHTS' way? Because he wants to stop their Master. Whydo turtles and goombas fight Mario? Because he wants to save Peach from Bowser and kill him. Get it? All those enemies are sent by thier leader (Bowser, Ripto, Malefor, Slagg, whoever) to stop or slow down the hero, elsewise they will be killed.

Ah but can this be proven? Did Ripto send bushes to eat Spyro? Did he send weird ducks with ruber bands to kil Spyro? And as for sparx, HOW can he take these hits? Magic? Why is he magic? Who made him magic? Are all dragonflys magic?
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#129 Posted: 15:34:23 31/07/2009
Online Petitions to video game companies never work.

Can you give an example?
#130 Posted: 16:34:52 31/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tango

Ah but can this be proven? Did Ripto send bushes to eat Spyro? Did he send weird ducks with ruber bands to kil Spyro? And as for sparx, HOW can he take these hits? Magic? Why is he magic? Who made him magic? Are all dragonflys magic?

In games, books, movies and shows, everything that can be explained, should be. But sometimes things have no explanation. Period.
---
#131 Posted: 18:07:08 31/07/2009

In games, books, movies and shows, everything that can be explained, should be. But sometimes things have no explanation. Period.

Which makes it into a plot hole. Which makes plot holes common. Which means saying DOTD has SO many plot hokes is just like saying it's a normal game.
#132 Posted: 18:44:19 31/07/2009

Which makes it into a plot hole. Which makes plot holes common. Which means saying DOTD has SO many plot hokes is just like saying it's a normal game.

Well, there shouldn't be that many though, considering it's a Sierra game... speaking of which, where's the everything trying to kill you part? Explain that missing thing, cause that's what makes a Sierra game what it is...

And for Insomniac, well, they THINK nobody pays attention, but then they have no idea that they're demographic of Spyro players went beyond mindless PSX fanboys and kids...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#133 Posted: 20:09:05 31/07/2009
As for my post, I have deleted it.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#134 Posted: 23:57:04 31/07/2009
LoS fans are anything but grown up.

Excuse me!?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:57:40 31/07/2009 by Doppel
#135 Posted: 00:49:13 01/08/2009
Quote: Doppel

Excuse me!?

*Is pondering over how some 21+ year old playing LoS is not grown up...*

Oh, it's maturity and acting your age and not throwing your ego around. But isn't that the internet in general? *Still remembers having a discussion with a 32 year old gamer back on GameSpot who was also a member of the furry fandom...* Although he was married and was a decent guy...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Light dragon Green Sparx Gems: 457
#136 Posted: 01:12:48 02/08/2009
The origional games were good, quite longer then the LoS but the combat did suck. all you had to do was either charge or flame an enemy the combat system in Los is much better.

perhaps having a remake for the original game using the los combat system and graphics with a few new levels may be a good idea. What do you guys think?
#137 Posted: 13:49:33 02/08/2009 | Topic Creator
I agree Light dragon.
---
#138 Posted: 14:42:27 02/08/2009
No, no!

It's the same thing as combining the old and new! >(
#139 Posted: 15:41:40 02/08/2009
No, no!

It's the same thing as combining the old and new! >(

And what's the matter with combining old and new??
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#140 Posted: 15:44:39 02/08/2009
How on earth can you possibly mix a light hearted, almost plot-less, easygoing, candy theme with a dark, plot-heavy, evil, violent theme?
#141 Posted: 15:53:47 02/08/2009
How on earth can you possibly mix a light hearted, almost plot-less, easygoing, candy theme with a dark, plot-heavy, evil, violent theme?

Take the characters, longevity, and game play of the old ones and add it to the new ones. Characters can do like Hunter and transpose...

*Now get ready to fight the Gnorcs!!*

As for the music, you can use saxaphones, trap set, synths, and guitars in an orchestra for crying out loud; I arrange that way all the time... And it can still be dark!!
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#142 Posted: 15:57:34 02/08/2009

Take the characters, longevity, and game play of the old ones and add it to the new ones. Characters can do like Hunter and transpose...

*Now get ready to fight the Gnorcs!!*

As for the music, you can use saxaphones, trap set, synths, and guitars in an orchestra for crying out loud; I arrange that way all the time... And it can still be dark!!

I agree with BlackDragon. TLoS can be combined with certain parts of the old ones and still be dark.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
#143 Posted: 21:45:04 02/08/2009 | Topic Creator
I don't like how Dark LOS is. I miss the cartoony humor of the old ones...

Like in STD, When the enemies mooned you, or cowered before you or ran away/ran around in circles screaming when you came near.
---
#144 Posted: 22:11:19 02/08/2009
If you miss the old humor so much, why don't you play the Original trilogy over and over again?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#145 Posted: 23:38:28 02/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Ha ha! I DO! But I really want some new adventures like the classics.
---
#146 Posted: 00:12:06 03/08/2009
I like the LOS's Dark Styling.

More grown up.
#147 Posted: 00:35:06 03/08/2009
I don't think we'll be seeing anymore Spyro games that will like the old trilogy, SpyroLUVA. Even if there was a game with the Old Spyro in it, it wouldn't have the exact things you would be hoping for.
---
#148 Posted: 01:16:40 03/08/2009
Quote: ignitusforever

Can you give an example?

Well, go find Google and search for the "Super Mario RPG 2" and "Geno for Brawl" petitions. If you don't find numerous ones of those... no, wait, you WILL. Because they're both failed petitions that had even LARGER fan bases than some silly bring back original Spyro thing. e_e
---
#149 Posted: 17:29:34 03/08/2009
Quote: ignitusforever

Can you give an example?

Well, go find Google and search for the "Super Mario RPG 2" and "Geno for Brawl" petitions. If you don't find numerous ones of those... no, wait, you WILL. Because they're both failed petitions that had even LARGER fan bases than some silly bring back original Spyro thing. e_e

OMG! LETZ GET RIDZ OF KRYZTAL!!!

Pretty much 90% of the early Brawl day topics were about what character to petition for. Pretty much none that anyone wanted except Wolf (who was a last minute throw in, judging by how poorly programed and redundant the Wesley is) and Sownic (which comes to show what I mean by Sakurai being an idiot at doing his research on anything except Japanese gamers, Kirby, Mario, and Zelda), and look at how those turned out... Failmaster intended.

I mean, I read a 50 page topic (with ten posts on each page) on why King K. Rool should be in, then there was a debate on if Krystal or Wolf is furry bait that was 60 pages long, then one on Geno and Ridley being stupid ideas that was 100 pages long...

The thing is, developers don't listen except to one paticular demographic. As in the case with Super Smash Bros., Sakurai only listened to the Japanese gamers (which is why the roster is lame, the internet connection is bogus, and many of the other features are pointless, because they were mostly what Japanese gamers wanted).

Now in the case of Spyro, and with Activision being the top of it, they won't listen. Sierra did at one time, and the result was DotD; whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, it's up to you. (In my bias, it was a mixed blessing; it showed that there are developers out there who do give half-a-crap at what people want, but then again, it let the crazy fans come in and mess around with things).
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#150 Posted: 17:48:37 03/08/2009

Excuse me!?

I said MOST of the fans, not all of them. Pay attention when you're reading.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me