Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > We Might Be Able To Bring Old Spyro Back!
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
We Might Be Able To Bring Old Spyro Back! [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#51 Posted: 10:05:13 22/07/2009 | Topic Creator
I'll read the link later. Now, I'm done arguing. The topic, the links to petitions, and the video stay. As does my opion that they should try old Spyro again and my hopes that they will.

What's the harm in trying???? Yeah, Insomniac was out of ideas, but why don't the makers ask around? In the office, online, hell, interview ppl on the street, whatever! Even if all the makers sat around the table in the staff room pitching random ideas on thier breaks I'm sure they could invent something. Trial and error, spitballing, brainstorming, they would go through those techniques and then some but they would come up with something eventually.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#52 Posted: 10:14:40 22/07/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I'll read the link later. Now, I'm done arguing. The topic, the links to petitions, and the video stay. As does my opion that they should try old Spyro again and my hopes that they will.

What's the harm in trying???? Yeah, Insomniac was out of ideas, but why don't the makers ask around? In the office, online, hell, interview ppl on the street, whatever! Even if all the makers sat around the table in the staff room pitching random ideas on thier breaks I'm sure they could invent something. Trial and error, spitballing, brainstorming, they would go through those techniques and then some but they would come up with something eventually.

In my opinion if Activision tryed to make an original Spyro game it would fail... It wouldn't be the same as the originals and they'd probably see it as a 'step back', I'm not saying it is I'm just saying thats probabaly what they'll think... In my opinion they should focus on trying to imporove TLoS rather than make the originals and fail... I've said this many times before but no one seems to listen...

Also, read the link... It explains why they won't make anymore of the original games...
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#53 Posted: 10:15:51 22/07/2009
Somthing stupid. The best ideas just come to you. Usually when your doing somthing compleatly different.
Feral_Miskunn Blue Sparx Gems: 976
#54 Posted: 11:17:30 22/07/2009
it wont work but i wish it would... if you guys suceed i will not only eat my hat but i will run in circles for joy!
---
Faith Hope Love and the greatest of these is Love
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#55 Posted: 12:16:43 22/07/2009
Seriously, as much as I hate how Spyro has become, the original Spyro that we all loved will never return.

Insomniac are just developers, they can't just buy the rights to Spyro of Sierra. Even if they could, they wouldn't. They left Spyro for a reason and haven't looked back since. What makes you think that they would want to make more when they make highly sucessful Ratchet & Clank and Resistance games?

Just face it. The original Spyro is long gone and won't be coming back.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#56 Posted: 14:24:40 22/07/2009
Quote: Fireball
I'm not! Now just shut it! Everyone here agrees it will never happen!

and you expect me to be a conformist and start agreeing too?
#57 Posted: 14:28:45 22/07/2009
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

In my opinion if Activision tryed to make an original Spyro game it would fail... It wouldn't be the same as the originals and they'd probably see it as a 'step back', I'm not saying it is I'm just saying thats probabaly what they'll think... In my opinion they should focus on trying to imporove TLoS rather than make the originals and fail... I've said this many times before but no one seems to listen...

Also, read the link... It explains why they won't make anymore of the original games...

Agree'd. Make TLOS better instead of another rebot thingy that will fail.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#58 Posted: 17:22:11 22/07/2009
I'll just post one of the Q&A on here about not being anymore Original games:

GI: Because you ran the risk of alienating fans, was deciding to reboot the series a scary step? Or did you know from the beginning that that was really the only way to go?

Graham: Quite honestly, you know, based on the history and the way that Spyro was doing, it was either do that or we were not going to be seeing anymore games.

Wilson: So basically we were faced with the choice to retire the character, or we knew we had to do something.

Again from this link of a Gameinformer interview with Mike Graham and Chris Wilson: http://www.gameinformer.com/Ne...9756.htm?Page=2
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#59 Posted: 18:01:56 22/07/2009
By any chance, is that the same Chris Wilson who helped Hasbro develop Roller Coaster Tycoon??
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#60 Posted: 18:12:52 22/07/2009
No, that was Chris Sawyer.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#61 Posted: 18:35:36 22/07/2009
And let's not forget, Insomniac likes making PlayStation Triple exclusives. I don't think any... let me emphasize ANY Spyro fan would want to see Spyro go from a multi-platform game back to his original roots as a Sony exclusive. Owning a PS3 myself, I wouldn't mind that much... but I'm sure there'd be a wave of Spyro fanboys storming whoever is responsible for such an "outrage" with their torches and pitchforks.

Although it would probably be nicer to see a console exclusive, kickass, highly praised Spyro game as opposed to the multi-platform, mildly successful, critic-bashed games we've been seeing lately. e_e
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#62 Posted: 19:01:46 22/07/2009
Quote: HIR
Although it would probably be nicer to see a console exclusive, kickass, highly praised Spyro game as opposed to the multi-platform, mildly successful, critic-bashed games we've been seeing lately. e_e

Exactly. I don't give a hoot what platform it's on, I just want a good Spyro game. Whether it be Wii, 360, PS3, DS, whatever, I just want something fun for a change.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#63 Posted: 22:18:18 22/07/2009
Quote: Aura24
No, that was Chris Sawyer.

Oh okay... I don't know how I got it mixed it up. =S

But doesn't Activision completely own Spyro now? Don't they have a thing against Sony suddenly from what I heard? When hasn't Activision done something right since 1989??
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#64 Posted: 23:23:58 22/07/2009 | Topic Creator
To Feral_Miskunn and InsomDog: Like I always say, even if all seems lost, there's no hope, everyone is against you, and you stand alone and it seems you will definitely fail, there is always one thing you can do: Try. Just try. What have you got to loose by just signing the petitions?
---
#65 Posted: 03:20:50 23/07/2009
I still say:

GENO FOR THE NEXT SUPER SMASH BROS!!!

SIGN MY PETITION SO THAT WE ALL CAN HAVE SOMETHING GUARANTEED NOT TO HAPPEN!!
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#66 Posted: 03:25:36 23/07/2009
SpyroLUVA, if you don't like the LoS games, then don't play them or talk about them. What happened? You used to like and support the LoS games, now you're just whining about bringing the Old Spyro back. Most of us know the Old Spyro won't come back. Could you at least give the producers some time to think of the next Spyro game, without you bringing up complaints about bringing the Old Spyro back by making online petitions??
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:29:04 23/07/2009 by Aura24
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#67 Posted: 03:41:02 23/07/2009
Quote: Tango
Why do your topics always fail Spyroluva? This will never work and even if it did, you'd find many people agruing and getting stroppy because they don't like the originals. There not comming back. Let them lie in peace.

Hmm...It's not that they fail, (then again, I don't really care) but more in the sense...they cause "Forum Fighting" smilie

I don't care how the series ends up anymore. Just as long as the storyline/gameplay is GOOD.
#68 Posted: 03:42:40 23/07/2009
I agree. SpyroLUVA, if you're going to post a topic that will cause arguments, think before you post. And I've seen some past topics of yours cause arguments because of your stubborness.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:55:01 23/07/2009 by Aura24
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#69 Posted: 03:54:32 23/07/2009
OHHHH!! SLVA...You just got Punk'd!
smilie

Quote:
"And I've seen some pasy topics of yours cause arguments"

so true

"Am I pissing you of-uh-fuh?"

[User Posted Image]
#70 Posted: 03:58:43 23/07/2009
Without the LoS game trilogy, SpyroLUVA, there wouldn't be any Spyro games today. You should be at least be grateful that they did that to continue the franchise for us Spyro fans.
---
#71 Posted: 04:49:41 23/07/2009
It's not Sierra's fault that the economy was down, the game industry grew corrupt, and that at one time people knew them for their adventure games when it came time to make the LoS trilogy, it was all one giant coincidence.

Besides, look how young the franchise is; all these shifts and things are just what happens. Heck, at one time, it was Jumpman in a game called Donkey Kong that eventually became the Mario who is now known for using mushrooms and traversing nasty platforming levels to thwart the evil (yet badass) Bowser to save Princess Peach. And that franchise is 25 years old now (or older, if my math is off).
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
ashleigh Ripto Gems: 3782
#72 Posted: 05:07:41 23/07/2009
I would love to get them to bring back the old spyro he was the fist thing I like will see what happens if thay are still macking spyro or if thay are finsh for good I hope thay mack anather spyro game smilie
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#73 Posted: 06:50:08 23/07/2009
Without the LoS game trilogy, SpyroLUVA, there wouldn't be any Spyro games today. You should be at least be grateful that they did that to continue the franchise for us Spyro fans.

It's better to stop when things get good then continue it until it fails.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#74 Posted: 07:16:21 23/07/2009
End on a good note...Which DotD wasn't.
But to make another tLoS game would just be beating the dead horse, so to speak. >.> There are some series where you just reach a point where you KNOW it needs to end before it seems like your games are desperate attempts.
---
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#75 Posted: 07:27:57 23/07/2009
well TeN was good along with ANB (iv said that loads) well anyway if DOTD was as Epic as then 2 i would have liked spyro to carry on but DOtD sucked so i say pull the plug
#76 Posted: 07:31:24 23/07/2009
I enjoyed ANB and TEN, I actually replayed them yesterday. Too easy, but still overall fun and in the spirit.
---
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#77 Posted: 07:42:04 23/07/2009
I signed it. :3
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#78 Posted: 12:53:22 23/07/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
But to make another tLoS game would just be beating the dead horse, so to speak. >.> There are some series where you just reach a point where you KNOW it needs to end before it seems like your games are desperate attempts.

Ever heard the phrase "Try and try again"? Don't judge a game by what type it is. If the next Spyro game is Tlos, don't say it'll be rubbish. Because it might not be.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#79 Posted: 13:37:27 23/07/2009
Yeah.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#80 Posted: 15:54:38 23/07/2009
Holy crap, i'm signing.
#81 Posted: 16:25:11 23/07/2009 | Topic Creator
SpyroLUVA, if you don't like the LoS games, then don't play them or talk about them. What happened? You used to like and support the LoS games, now you're just whining about bringing the Old Spyro back. Most of us know the Old Spyro won't come back. Could you at least give the producers some time to think of the next Spyro game, without you bringing up complaints about bringing the Old Spyro back by making online petitions??

Okay...READ VERY CAREFULLY!

I LIKE The Legend of Spyro! Don't belive me? Just glance at my video list on YouTube; many vids about LOS. I know it was needed to keep Spyro going.

However, I LOVE Old Spyro. I'd like to play another original Style game.

I agree. SpyroLUVA, if you're going to post a topic that will cause arguments, think before you post. And I've seen some past topics of yours cause arguments because of your stubborness.

If sticking to my opinion and taking advantage of the fact that I have the right to share afforementioned opinion makes me stubborn, then yes, I'm stubborn.

I didn't make this topic for the sake of starting fights. Ppl could be calm and share opinions, thoughts, and ideas in a civil manner, but they don't. They get mad and offended, and that's their choice.

Ever heard the phrase "Try and try again"?

I've been saying "try" this whole time! The makers must try to make a good Spyro game, and the Old Spyro fans must try to get thier favorite Purple dragon back in the form we believe he should be in. We're not asking LOS fans to sign, or convince anyone not to like LOS.

Quote: Razz
No one is forcing you to read these topics. If they upset you, maybe you might consider ignoring them. It sure works for me (I ignore all "OMG, Cynder!" topics and all "Old Spyro sucks" topics for my own sanity's sake; it allows the people who feel that way to indulge themselves and keeps me out of trouble).

(from another thread)

Seriously, take a page out of Razz's book and ignore topics which offend or upset you.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:26:45 23/07/2009 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#82 Posted: 16:41:16 23/07/2009
Or you could just sit back and wait and see what happens in the first place.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#83 Posted: 16:44:55 23/07/2009
And what if TLoS fans started a petition saying that they don't want them to make an original Spyro game ever again? What would you say to that? And no... I'm not saying I'm going to make one... I like the originals just as much as TLoS and sometimes when I play on the originals for a
few days I miss them yes but atleast I know when to stop and I know that they'll never bring them back... They've stated this many times, its either TLoS or no Spyro at all and I know which one I'd go with...
#84 Posted: 17:06:29 23/07/2009 | Topic Creator
I wouldn't sign the petition. I'm not asking LOS fans to sign the petition to bring old Spyro back, I just said that.

I think Spyro has regained enough attention to go in a more nostalgic direction again, at least on an experimental basis. I'd like to see sierra/activision make a Classic style game, just to play one more old style game and see how they do with it.
---
#85 Posted: 17:09:54 23/07/2009
Ah, nothing like good ol' internet DRAMA to provide some entertainment. <.<;
---
#86 Posted: 17:10:45 23/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Tch, yeah...
---
#87 Posted: 17:27:49 23/07/2009

Ever heard the phrase "Try and try again"? Don't judge a game by what type it is. If the next Spyro game is Tlos, don't say it'll be rubbish. Because it might not be.

Based on how DotD ended, I can be pretty positive that the next game, if they chose to make another tLoS game, will be again cliche and predictable. And don't peg this just on me and TLoS - EVERYBODY does it for EVERY game series, whether it be good things or bad things. I'm just stating my opinion, and, if I recall correctly, isn't that a free right?
---
#88 Posted: 17:39:32 23/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Yes, we are all allowed to share thoughts and opinions.

LOS was a trilogy, or so we were told. So, though the next game is supposed to be in the LOS universe, it shouldn't be an LOS game.
---
#89 Posted: 17:47:20 23/07/2009
So...that mean the main character will by Spyro and Cynder's magical child? x.x It's going to be cliche, I know that much, no matter WHAT they do. They just need better writers, imo.
---
#90 Posted: 17:51:44 23/07/2009
This whole series has been one big, unoriginal, overused, abused to death story. If you can't see that at this point then I would recommend laser eye surgery. <.<;
---
#91 Posted: 17:52:44 23/07/2009
I doubt they'll have the next Spyro game featuring Spyro and Cynder's child. Besides, it's fandom. Mike Graham is the only one who'll be on the next Spyro games, the storyline for each of them and all. If they move him to another game project, then...I don't know what might happen.
---
#92 Posted: 17:56:55 23/07/2009
...How are we even so sure that they're even MAKING another Spyro game? Activision easily could've passed over the series and not've even cared. Heck, I'm pretty sure they did.
---
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#93 Posted: 18:04:34 23/07/2009
Sort of an origional Fan Tard thread.... to be honest... But Also to be honest I have equal interest in both old and new.. I never care about fan tard threads of either kind... lol... but yeah those things never work in the least bit.

moving the creator of Spyro and then making one would also be one of the dumbest decisions I've ever heard... right up there with mixing the old and new plot lines smilie lol
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#94 Posted: 18:38:20 23/07/2009
...How are we even so sure that they're even MAKING another Spyro game? Activision easily could've passed over the series and not've even cared. Heck, I'm pretty sure they did.

It is possible. I mean, for a game released for 5 consoles the sales figures are less than impressive. Activision only agreed to retain series like Spyro and Crash provided they meet Activision's sales expectations.

To clarify: if Bobby Kotick's money bathtub doesn't get filled all the way to the top, he'll lop off the purple dragon's head because Spyro's not Call of Duty or Guitar Hero. <________________<
---
#95 Posted: 18:46:40 23/07/2009

It is possible. I mean, for a game released for 5 consoles the sales figures are less than impressive. Activision only agreed to retain series like Spyro and Crash provided they meet Activision's sales expectations.

To clarify: if Bobby Kotick's money bathtub doesn't get filled all the way to the top, he'll lop off the purple dragon's head because Spyro's not Call of Duty or Guitar Hero. <________________<

More or less... if they have a require ment they better not try anything new... DotD got 1.25 mil. sales over all platforms...
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
#96 Posted: 18:49:19 23/07/2009
Which is actually not half bad. I'm pretty sure it's better than the previous two LoS sales figures for the same time period. ^.^;

It's just not up to Activision standards. Spyro can't compete with Activision's numerous big guns. <.<;
---
#97 Posted: 18:55:10 23/07/2009
yeah... not unless something huge happens.. no... that's 5x better though since you asked.... that was after 10 weeks... 1.25 in 1st 10 weeks... My site stops after that point....
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
#98 Posted: 19:17:11 23/07/2009 | Topic Creator
This whole series has been one big, unoriginal, overused, abused to death story. If you can't see that at this point then I would recommend laser eye surgery. <.<;

Tell me about it. Young hero who doesn't know he's a hero is the world's last hope against the Master of Darkness and Evil. He leaves his home and family he's not blood related to in search of answers. He meets an elder who becomes a mentor/father figure Then he learns a bunch of new tricks, and becomes insanely powerful. He saves a girl, falls in love with girl, girl loves him, they find strength in thier love and save the earth in an epic battle sequence with a way too powerful ability no one knew the hero had including him.

I sound over critical of the games now, but when I played them I loved them; I wasn't even looking for flaws at the time, just enjoying them. And I still do enjoy the games, even if they are flawed.
---
#99 Posted: 19:21:03 23/07/2009
Which is actually not half bad. I'm pretty sure it's better than the previous two LoS sales figures for the same time period. ^.^;

It's just not up to Activision standards. Spyro can't compete with Activision's numerous big guns. <.<;

I'm kind of tired of the unoriginality of video games these days. 70% of them anymore are FPSs >.> What happened to the fun, original games, like platformers, puzzle/strategy, horror/survival, rpgs...Everything has to have a gun now, huh?
---
#100 Posted: 19:27:03 23/07/2009 | Topic Creator
We've gone pretty far off topic. Is anyone else going to sign the petitions? If not for the sake of Old Spyro's return, then for a different kind of video game for a change? (not different as in all new, but unlike the current norm)
---
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me