Page 1 of 1
Is this the Chronicler? [CLOSED]
Celtianna Yellow Sparx Gems: 1708
#1 Posted: 14:03:13 18/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Say, I looked at the Chronicler in Dawn of the dragon but also saw this image. They look alike.

[User Posted Image]
spyromaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2395
#2 Posted: 14:13:28 18/07/2009
yeh it kinda looks like him before he died and became the chronicler not really sure..
---
Dont worry, we all make mistakes. But remember we're not machines, we're only human.
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#3 Posted: 15:23:08 18/07/2009
If it was him, they probably would have mentioned it before the game ended. But good eye!
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
death horn Ripto Gems: 311
#4 Posted: 17:20:58 18/07/2009
yea it does look like him it might b him
Doppel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1244
#5 Posted: 18:12:07 18/07/2009
Really REALLY CLOSE

http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/File:Chronicler.png

Same four horns, same nose horn, but grew a lot during his 1000 years of staying in the White Isle.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#6 Posted: 19:06:04 18/07/2009
I think it is since the Chronicler was alive probably around that time.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#7 Posted: 20:00:00 18/07/2009
It does bear a striking resemblance to his DotD character design. ^.^;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#8 Posted: 23:04:48 18/07/2009
Maybe it was the Chronicler when he was young. . .?
---
N/A
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#9 Posted: 01:37:05 19/07/2009
Nice job taking this from the Spyro wikia page for the Chronicler.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#10 Posted: 01:40:08 19/07/2009
Quote: spyromaster
yeh it kinda looks like him before he died and became the chronicler not really sure..

What do you mean before he died? Who says the Chronicler is a spirit dragon? Where have you seen official info that says that? I'm guessing you haven't.

Just coz Iggy "died" then became the Chronicler doesn't mean it happened to every Chronicler before him. Maybe Iggy lived or the dragons in the LOS universe have many lives like cats and travel in thier "spirit" form until they regain thier body. It might explain something about Malefor. Yes he was trapped/imprisoned but there has been talk of him being dead then being revived/ freed. Perhaps he was alive but bodyless and his "spirit' was trapped in Convexity.

*sigh* Who knows? We migh never know with all the plotholes in the LOS series. I'll bring this up on the Activision Forums.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#11 Posted: 02:21:28 19/07/2009
I always figured the Chronicler was a sort of spirit since he'd been around for a thousand years and we see that Ignitus took his place in such a way that suggests this is how it always works. The Chronicler's vast knowledge of everything and his ability to speak with others through dreams but his inability to leave the White Isle just suggests "spirit thingy" to me. *shrug*
#12 Posted: 02:51:01 19/07/2009
I agree he does look like him, but I don't think it is. Please don't get all mad but I just wanna point out a few things.

1. Remember, this acquantaince with the moles happened when Spyro and Cynder were trapped in the crystal. So, it had to have been somewhere around 3 years ago.

2. We saw the Chronicler before and he didn't look like that, so I don't think he could magically transform into a green dragon.

Don't flame me, but I'm just trying to make a logical debate.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:51:27 19/07/2009 by Cuzzberry
Wolfie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 748
#13 Posted: 03:02:44 19/07/2009
i know i saw it in the gallery and compared it with the chronicler and i you can see he has small horns on his jaw so the obviously develop to longer horns the wing tips change to become sharper(or have points) so i belive that this dragon is the chronicler so he was a earth dragon! cool my fave element and one of my fave dragons!
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
#14 Posted: 03:05:06 19/07/2009
Quote: Razz
I always figured the Chronicler as a sort of spirit since he'd been around for a thousand years...

So i think it is a side effect for the chroniclers to live for 1000 years
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
Cynderjewel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1058
#15 Posted: 06:06:45 19/07/2009
yes it dose look like it is the cronicler.I was wondering that when I first saw itsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:07:52 19/07/2009 by Cynderjewel
Observer Ripto Gems: 2225
#16 Posted: 11:31:38 19/07/2009
Looks very much like him...
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#17 Posted: 11:50:02 19/07/2009
Quote: Shrazer320

Actualy... I added that to the Wiki page after I saw this topic smilie I'd been meaning to put it there ages ago but I couldn't find an image of it... I didn't know there was one in the gallery on here smilie
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#18 Posted: 12:19:24 19/07/2009
Yeah, I think it could be him, when he was young. And I believe he died.
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#19 Posted: 13:37:00 19/07/2009
Who said the Chronicler can't leave the White Isle.
---
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#20 Posted: 13:59:49 19/07/2009
Quote: Cuzzberry
I agree he does look like him, but I don't think it is. Please don't get all mad but I just wanna point out a few things.

1. Remember, this acquantaince with the moles happened when Spyro and Cynder were trapped in the crystal. So, it had to have been somewhere around 3 years ago.

2. We saw the Chronicler before and he didn't look like that, so I don't think he could magically transform into a green dragon.

1. Prove it.

2. It could have been him when he was younger.
#21 Posted: 14:14:15 19/07/2009

Hunter said "It was built by the moles in honour of their freindship with the Dragons. Before Malefor Dragons were quite reviered"... So it must have been before Malefor was born...
#22 Posted: 15:10:50 19/07/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

What do you mean before he died? Who says the Chronicler is a spirit dragon? Where have you seen official info that says that? I'm guessing you haven't.

Just coz Iggy "died" then became the Chronicler doesn't mean it happened to every Chronicler before him. Maybe Iggy lived or the dragons in the LOS universe have many lives like cats and travel in thier "spirit" form until they regain thier body. It might explain something about Malefor. Yes he was trapped/imprisoned but there has been talk of him being dead then being revived/ freed. Perhaps he was alive but bodyless and his "spirit' was trapped in Convexity.

*sigh* Who knows? We migh never know with all the plotholes in the LOS series. I'll bring this up on the Activision Forums.

well i can't bebothered to read all that but how can a dragon live for 1000 years?*hint* hint* dead
---
Dont worry, we all make mistakes. But remember we're not machines, we're only human.
#23 Posted: 15:44:22 19/07/2009
Quote: bionicle2809

Hunter said "It was built by the moles in honour of their freindship with the Dragons. Before Malefor Dragons were quite reviered"... So it must have been before Malefor was born...

But why didn't Spyro know about this city? He was the one who had helped the moles, I just don't get why he wouldn't know. This is very confusing... smilie
---
Celtianna Yellow Sparx Gems: 1708
#24 Posted: 16:01:50 19/07/2009 | Topic Creator

I did not take it from there. Don't blamme people on things you're not sure of.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#25 Posted: 16:06:29 19/07/2009

But why didn't Spyro know about this city? He was the one who had helped the moles, I just don't get why he wouldn't know. This is very confusing... smilie

His education about dragon history was likely very limited.
#26 Posted: 20:34:40 19/07/2009
Quote: Celtianna

I did not take it from there. Don't blamme people on things you're not sure of.

I put it on there because of this topic...
#27 Posted: 20:52:59 19/07/2009
Spyro had no way of knowing about the city of Warfang before DotD. His first 12 years were spent in a backwater swamp steeped in dragonfly culture. His first exposure to dragonkind was being dumped into the tail end of a war and fighting Dark Cynder. Two weeks later (according to writers Mike Wilson and Chris Graham, among other official sources), the Night of Eternal Darkness was on it's way and he was too busy trying to find Cynder/find the Chronicler/not die. And then he got frozen in space/time for three years.

The only time he ever encountered the moles (aka, the Manweersmalls), they were imprisoned and they were very clearly not natives of Warfang (Mole-Yair and his bunch seem to have been a group of miners who lived on Boyzitbig).
Spyros girl Green Sparx Gems: 346
#28 Posted: 21:02:15 19/07/2009
He's green in that pic, but you have a point.
---
This account is no longer in use, thank you.
#29 Posted: 21:08:08 19/07/2009
Quote: Spyros girl
He's green in that pic, but you have a point.

It was most likley before he became the chronicler... That means that he was an earth Dragon...
#30 Posted: 21:13:21 19/07/2009

well i can't bebothered to read all that but how can a dragon live for 1000 years?*hint* hint* dead

What are you talking about? Dragons are (according to legends) very long lived. It's not surprising that a dragon could live for 1000+ years. Also, don't be so lazy! Try reading ALL of a post befiore you respond, it'll make for a stronger arguement.
---
IcelectricSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2002
#31 Posted: 22:40:38 19/07/2009
I think it's him before becoming the Chronicler.
---
The one from deviantART...
CZ
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#32 Posted: 04:26:10 20/07/2009
Yeah so do I.
But I would say he was a poison dragon from the white under belly and green horns with the golden tips.
Note:Earth dragons have brown horns and underbelly.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#33 Posted: 04:32:26 20/07/2009
I don't generalize about thae dragon's looks or powers like that.
---
#34 Posted: 07:15:01 20/07/2009
Quote: Bolt
Yeah so do I.
But I would say he was a poison dragon from the white under belly and green horns with the golden tips.

The Warfang Dragons have blue but their fire Dragons (there was a aprt when they were breathing fire)... I'm just saying that not every Dragon of a certain element has to have the same colour scheme... Like before we saw Malefor we all thought that he had to have golden horns because Spyro does but actualy he had red horns...
#35 Posted: 07:30:31 30/07/2009

But in TeN when the chronicler is telling the story of malefor he is in htere as the chronicler (if you cant see him then check your art galler and he should be there)
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
#36 Posted: 07:32:34 30/07/2009
Yeah so do I.

thats only with terrador and we havn't seen other earth dragons yet alone pure pioson dragons so dont start saying things like that
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#37 Posted: 09:22:30 30/07/2009
Yeah so do I.

I agree. He could off been a poison dragon.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#38 Posted: 09:23:25 30/07/2009
NOT all dragons are the same remember that
Cynder1996 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3333
#39 Posted: 10:18:03 30/07/2009
just a little but that dragons green and has a big nose like ignitus but their horns are the same
---
my dragons
I stalk Slenderman.....
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#40 Posted: 10:22:05 30/07/2009
Quote: Cynder1996
just a little but that dragons green and has a big nose like ignitus but their horns are the same

ignitus was blue when he became the chrocler.....
Cynder1996 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3333
#41 Posted: 10:28:07 30/07/2009
I know but ignitus has a round snout plus i said it looked like ignitus not that they had the same colour it could be an earth dragon and before anyone goes thats not terrador i know but dragons can have any element and any look right
---
my dragons
I stalk Slenderman.....
#42 Posted: 15:49:53 30/07/2009

What are you talking about? Dragons are (according to legends) very long lived. It's not surprising that a dragon could live for 1000+ years. Also, don't be so lazy! Try reading ALL of a post befiore you respond, it'll make for a stronger arguement.

if the chronicler has the ability to chose a well knowen dragon thats dead why would they chose a one thats alive? why would a dragon want to spend his life doing that? its more of a prison then a luxery only worth doin if ur dead but only a wise dragon can be chose for the job
---
#43 Posted: 16:16:08 30/07/2009
Quote: Wolfie1

But in TeN when the chronicler is telling the story of malefor he is in htere as the chronicler (if you cant see him then check your art galler and he should be there)

Then thats more proof that they built the city before Malefor was born...
#44 Posted: 05:55:36 31/07/2009
Quote: Wolfie1

Then thats more proof that they built the city before Malefor was born...

yeah i htink that the city there in is a temple version of warfang i dont know but because the animation is changed maby htey would look different along with warfang and malefor oh and the chronicler of course... wait maby our questions will be answered or they picked a random body (chronicler) and changed it a bit
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#45 Posted: 16:31:51 08/08/2009
Yeah so do I.

The Warfang Dragons have blue but their fire Dragons (there was a aprt when they were breathing fire)... I'm just saying that not every Dragon of a certain element has to have the same colour scheme... Like before we saw Malefor we all thought that he had to have golden horns because Spyro does but actualy he had red horns...

Brething fire? Where?
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
#46 Posted: 16:38:49 08/08/2009
Quote: Cynderfyre
Yeah so do I.

Brething fire? Where?

In the battle in warfang... You can see them in the background breathing fire...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me