Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 9 of 16 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16
Hunter Applications Now Closed [CLOSED]
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#401 Posted: 14:28:37 16/01/2013
How many are you planning to have dark52?
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#402 Posted: 15:00:20 16/01/2013
Quote: Bravo101
How many are you planning to have dark52?

Quote: dark52
I don't know how many yet, more than one though hopefully.

I don't believe you were around when he posted this.
#403 Posted: 16:02:45 16/01/2013
I was there. I was just wondering the number.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:03:31 16/01/2013 by Bravo101
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#404 Posted: 17:57:48 16/01/2013
Ooo I cant wait! Even if its not me! :3
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#405 Posted: 21:22:40 16/01/2013
Well, Serebii thought I was good enough to be a mod, so maybe dark52 will also. I'm logical, mature, and unbiased.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#406 Posted: 21:45:43 16/01/2013
Well, Serebii thought I was good enough to be a mod, so maybe dark52 will also. I'm logical, mature, and unbiased.

Assuming you do get picked do you think you could handle the responsibility of being moderator on 2 forums?
And out of curiosity what's your username on Serebii?
#407 Posted: 21:54:14 16/01/2013
We're not allowed to give out our username for "Personal gain" or for no reason besides enforcing the rules. (If I told you it, I would get kicked out) And, I think I could handle it. Serebii has many mods, and would not rely on me as much as this site would. If moderating 2 forums became too much of a responsibility, I could easily resign. (If I get picked on here, just look for the resigning mod on Serebii, That's me smilie ) As Serebii is much larger then here. I have developed a sort of closeness and community more than Serebii, because you can't really keep track of users.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:02:32 17/01/2013 by Bravo101
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#408 Posted: 07:02:15 17/01/2013
Yeah I'm guessing Serebii doesn't allow you to give out names because that could result in a conflict of interest.

Whoever becomes a moderator here, I hope he/she has common sense and doesn't interpret the rules too strictly or literally. A good mod should be flexible and understand various contexts before making decisions. I've seen way too many robotic mods that probably have nothing better to do than to recite the rules. Being a mod isn't only following rules, but getting along with people at the same time.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#409 Posted: 19:33:53 17/01/2013
There are some people you can't get along with, no matter what. Some people like to argue by nature, or say whatever they want, not knowing how condescending they could be in their tone.

I think the mods here really need to put a hamper down on the trolling/flaming, but at the same time, if those people trolling want to get along, the mods should oblige and leave them alone. In other words, keep it professional. Some don't know the difference - apparently - between stating opinions and throwing out a troll session or two, with a dash of flaming to boot. No mod should ever feel like they're too good to talk to others and be at the same level of the other users. The only time they should use their power, is when it comes to modding posts, and I think it would be cool if all mods, worked together to make sure it was the right call(s).
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#410 Posted: 19:59:04 17/01/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
There are some people you can't get along with, no matter what. Some people like to argue by nature, or say whatever they want, not knowing how condescending they could be in their tone.

I think the mods here really need to put a hamper down on the trolling/flaming, but at the same time, if those people trolling want to get along, the mods should oblige and leave them alone. In other words, keep it professional. Some don't know the difference - apparently - between stating opinions and throwing out a troll session or two, with a dash of flaming to boot. No mod should ever feel like they're too good to talk to others and be at the same level of the other users. The only time they should use their power, is when it comes to modding posts, and I think it would be cool if all mods, worked together to make sure it was the right call(s).

You should see smogon. I was up for mods there, because I was driver in the showdown simulator. One of the most condescending forums I've known. They treat you like a child, and scold you like your parent. smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#411 Posted: 20:03:20 17/01/2013
Sounds like forums I wouldn't want to visit. smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Seasonofice99 Red Sparx Gems: 77
#412 Posted: 22:04:02 17/01/2013

You should see smogon. I was up for mods there, because I was driver in the showdown simulator. One of the most condescending forums I've known. They treat you like a child, and scold you like your parent. smilie

A moderator on there spammed my inbox with insults because of a disagreement.
---
Penguins Are Evil!
#413 Posted: 22:58:46 17/01/2013
Quote: Seasonofice99

They pick mods who they like. Not based on skill. Pretty much all of their mods are jerks, and have no skill or potential on being a mod. That's why I'm glad that dark is taking time to choose the right one. And the bad thing is, is that of you try to report the mods, the higher up mods laugh in your face.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#414 Posted: 23:49:09 17/01/2013
Quote: Seasonofice99

You should see smogon. I was up for mods there, because I was driver in the showdown simulator. One of the most condescending forums I've known. They treat you like a child, and scold you like your parent. -_-

They pick mods who they like. Not based on skill. Pretty much all of their mods are jerks, and have no skill or potential on being a mod. That's why I'm glad that dark is taking time to choose the right one. And the bad thing is, is that of you try to report the mods, the higher up mods laugh in your face.

You know one of the users here claims to be a mod on Smogon... >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#415 Posted: 23:51:23 17/01/2013
Quote: Crookshanks
Quote: HIR

You know one of the users here claims to be a mod on Smogon... >.>

Clue? >.>

STARts with an "S," ends in a certain Skylander. <.<;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:48 17/01/2013 by HIR
#416 Posted: 23:59:16 17/01/2013
That user, sadly is my sister. In real life...
#417 Posted: 00:13:26 18/01/2013
That user, sadly is my sister. In real life...

[User Posted Image]

Although, I've been noticing a surprising lack of her since you joined. Intriguing...
---
#418 Posted: 00:15:44 18/01/2013
Really? How active is she usually?
#419 Posted: 00:29:35 18/01/2013
Not really the place for this conversation... we're discussing Hunters here. >.>
---
#420 Posted: 00:32:47 18/01/2013
Yes. You're right.

You were taking about star ninjini, right?

But, we should see the Hunters soon. He said he will try to have a final decision before Friday.
#421 Posted: 01:02:02 18/01/2013
Quote: dark52
I'm still working on narrowing down the list, aiming for final decision by Friday hopefully.

Yeah, see. smilie I see you have similar taste in emoticons as HIR.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12375
#422 Posted: 01:17:02 18/01/2013

You should see smogon. I was up for mods there, because I was driver in the showdown simulator. One of the most condescending forums I've known. They treat you like a child, and scold you like your parent. -_-

It's no wonder, since the site seems dedicated to disallowing people from having fun in wi-fi Pokemon battles.
#423 Posted: 01:23:57 18/01/2013

You're right on both paragraphs. You can't satisfy everybody, nor could you make everyone behave the way you want it to go. I'd also advise against using sarcasm and basically other innuendos that could be potentially inflammatory, unless you really make it obvious. For example, if you do use sarcasm, put an emoticon to offset a statement that could be otherwise taken antagonistically. This goes for the users as well. Do the mods a favor and reduce the ambiguity in what you say. Sarcasm is just one of those things that can be used effectively or can blur the lines of trolling.

And yes, all mods should be approachable to talk to. As mentioned in my previous post, some stuck-up rule follower with little cognitive flexibility isn't someone I'd want to talk to.

Yeah I've went there briefly and browsed the forums. Smogon's basically a haven for college students and older who are into Pokemon. And with that comes their zealous display of mental prowess (Austrian economics, anyone? wtf) and condescending attitude that generally accompanies that higher intellect. I was turned off to say the least.
---
#424 Posted: 01:42:19 18/01/2013
it's not a guaranteed date, so just take it in stride
---
#425 Posted: 02:06:00 18/01/2013
Quote: Carmelita Fox

It's no wonder, since the site seems dedicated to disallowing people from having fun in wi-fi Pokemon battles.

This so much. You should see the Pokemon Showdown battle simulator, they... just ruin competitive Pokemon battling.

Quote: bmah

You're right on both paragraphs. You can't satisfy everybody, nor could you make everyone behave the way you want it to go. I'd also advise against using sarcasm and basically other innuendos that could be potentially inflammatory, unless you really make it obvious. For example, if you do use sarcasm, put an emoticon to offset a statement that could be otherwise taken antagonistically. This goes for the users as well. Do the mods a favor and reduce the ambiguity in what you say. Sarcasm is just one of those things that can be used effectively or can blur the lines of trolling.

And yes, all mods should be approachable to talk to. As mentioned in my previous post, some stuck-up rule follower with little cognitive flexibility isn't someone I'd want to talk to.

Yeah I've went there briefly and browsed the forums. Smogon's basically a haven for college students and older who are into Pokemon. And with that comes their zealous display of mental prowess (Austrian economics, anyone? wtf) and condescending attitude that generally accompanies that higher intellect. I was turned off to say the least.

It's ridiculous how, many mods they have, and the small number of people who actually deserve/have the skill to be a moderator.
#426 Posted: 02:15:58 18/01/2013
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: henryszuch
Well we get mods tomorrow. Good luck everyone! I really hope I get picked! I'm not going to though. smilie I bet all of you, all the money in the world I won't get picked.

Not tomorrow. Phase 2 of the application starts tomorrow.

Well, he's giving mixed signals. He said phase two, but he also said final decision.
#427 Posted: 02:27:32 18/01/2013
Yes, I'm of the opinion there is some sort of second phase... a performance evaluation, possibly? <.<;
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#428 Posted: 02:48:19 18/01/2013
I wonder how many people are going to bug Dark tomorrow about where the mods are...
#429 Posted: 03:08:23 18/01/2013
Rough estimate suggests around 20... >.>
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5460
#430 Posted: 03:11:05 18/01/2013
Rough estimate suggests around 20... >.>

And about 5 topics :>
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#431 Posted: 04:13:50 18/01/2013
I wonder how Dark feels about all this.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#432 Posted: 11:57:47 18/01/2013
It's good to see he's making progress on these applications. I'm still really excited honestly. Well, we'll see what happens, and when it will happen. Nothing we can do at this point besides speculate.
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#433 Posted: 12:20:33 18/01/2013
Am i the only one thinking: "great. more high authority people to hate on me"
#434 Posted: 12:43:24 18/01/2013
Well, we don't know if it is final decision or second stage, so don't jump to conclusions.
#435 Posted: 12:59:51 18/01/2013
Quote: X-Treme

If you treat everyone respectfully then you give them no reason to hate you. <.<
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5460
#436 Posted: 13:11:02 18/01/2013
I'm sure Dark will choose what he thinks is best, I'd rather him take his time, but he is getting through them pretty quick, good on him for allowing mods in the first place.

Quote: X-Treme

If you treat everyone respectfully then you give them no reason to hate you. <.<

This so, so much.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#437 Posted: 16:15:13 18/01/2013
Dear new mods - when you get your powers, please make your first official action to be combining all of the Thumpback/Eye Brawl sighting/tracking threads that comprise about 90% of the first page on the Toys forum. Thanks. smilie
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#438 Posted: 17:07:09 18/01/2013
Not to bug dark or anything negative but I had an idea. If it were me I'd make phase 2 or maybe phase 3 a probation period. Give x number of people hunter status and at the end of a given amount of time only y number get to keep it based on their performance. Also, some sort of appeals process may need to be put on place incase of a mod abusing their power. No matter how much dark puts into the choices you never know who will turn around and be an a hole once they're locked in.

Just some thoughts.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#439 Posted: 17:50:29 18/01/2013
↑ I like the idea of people being hunters for a while but people might see it as a oppotunity to Ripto people they hate.
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#440 Posted: 18:10:25 18/01/2013
Quote: LegendaryFlames
↑ I like the idea of people being hunters for a while but people might see it as a oppotunity to Ripto people they hate.

That's why I think an appeals system is needed. With or without the probation system people could do that. Dark can always reverse a ripto. Plus maybe probation hunters can only gnorc?
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
First | Previous | Page 9 of 16 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me