darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Gamescom 2014 - Skylanders Trap Team
First | Previous | Page 9 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Gamescom 2014 - Skylanders Trap Team
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#401 Posted: 03:25:43 14/08/2014
Wow Wolfgang you have been fulfilling my requests
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#402 Posted: 03:28:50 14/08/2014
I'm always happy to help ^w^
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#403 Posted: 03:31:09 14/08/2014
Your nice for a villain. Have you been trapped?
---
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#404 Posted: 03:34:38 14/08/2014
...I'm on parole, for good behavior.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#405 Posted: 06:44:41 14/08/2014
So wait, can someone post a screen shot of that....thing?
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#406 Posted: 08:28:33 14/08/2014
But don't forget one big thing, besides the new villain and plot holes, which wasn't well-written in SF!

Portal Masters were almost never mentioned. What I mean is: the game hardly does anything to take advantage of Toys to Life and make it feel magical. There isn't No Fourth Wall like Spyro's Adventure, and almost every NPC talks to your Skylander instead of you, the Portal Master. Almost every NPC (even Flynn, who definitely knew about you before) completely ignores you, except for Eon and Kaos' Mom, who barely appear. And this is more open for interpretation, but whenever you start the game, Rufus welcomes back the hero of Cloudbreak islands while staring at your Skylander- not you, the Portal Master who bought and commanded the Skylanders to save Cloudbreak in the first place.

This might sound kind of minor, but I actually think it's a huge strike against the game. SA not only gave the toys a reason to be there, but the story took advantage of it, having characters talk to you directly. It's a unique kind of story, amplified by having physical objects to use with the game. It made SA more enjoyable than it otherwise would've been.

Yeah, sometimes SA ignored that and NPCs would still refer to your Skylander, but at least it tried harder. A lot harder. And it did a far better job adding immersion. Yeah, this is still part of the lore in SF- but SF hardly mentioned or took advantage of it, so it doesn't feel like it fits in SF naturally. Yeah, in reality they're just toys anyway, but it shouldn't feel like they're just toys in the game, where you're supposed to be sending frozen heroes in through a magical Portal. Yeah, Giants had this issue too, but I didn't say I'd excuse every flaw in Giants' plot, and if we were talking about problems in Giants' plot I'd list this (I do think Giants' plot is more interesting than SF's, because it feels more dire than the others, though some things such as the Dread-Yacht being cursed and all the times you need to fix the ship are annoying to go through or clearly rushed).

In my opinion, the biggest issue with SF's story, and it bugged me even on my first playthrough. It detracted from my enjoyment of the game overall, because the toys didn't feel like they fit in well. And the toys aren't a bonus thing, they're a major part of the games, so I find this hard to excuse.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#407 Posted: 08:52:17 14/08/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
But don't forget one big thing, besides the new villain and plot holes, which wasn't well-written in SF!

Portal Masters were almost never mentioned. What I mean is: the game hardly does anything to take advantage of Toys to Life and make it feel magical. There isn't No Fourth Wall like Spyro's Adventure, and almost every NPC talks to your Skylander instead of you, the Portal Master. Almost every NPC (even Flynn, who definitely knew about you before) completely ignores you, except for Eon and Kaos' Mom, who barely appear. And this is more open for interpretation, but whenever you start the game, Rufus welcomes back the hero of Cloudbreak islands while staring at your Skylander- not you, the Portal Master who bought and commanded the Skylanders to save Cloudbreak in the first place.

This might sound kind of minor, but I actually think it's a huge strike against the game. SA not only gave the toys a reason to be there, but the story took advantage of it, having characters talk to you directly. It's a unique kind of story, amplified by having physical objects to use with the game. It made SA more enjoyable than it otherwise would've been.

Yeah, sometimes SA ignored that and NPCs would still refer to your Skylander, but at least it tried harder. A lot harder. And it did a far better job adding immersion. Yeah, this is still part of the lore in SF- but SF hardly mentioned or took advantage of it, so it doesn't feel like it fits in SF naturally. Yeah, in reality they're just toys anyway, but it shouldn't feel like they're just toys in the game, where you're supposed to be sending frozen heroes in through a magical Portal. Yeah, Giants had this issue too, but I didn't say I'd excuse every flaw in Giants' plot, and if we were talking about problems in Giants' plot I'd list this (I do think Giants' plot is more interesting than SF's, because it feels more dire than the others, though some things such as the Dread-Yacht being cursed and all the times you need to fix the ship are annoying to go through or clearly rushed).

In my opinion, the biggest issue with SF's story, and it bugged me even on my first playthrough. It detracted from my enjoyment of the game overall, because the toys didn't feel like they fit in well. And the toys aren't a bonus thing, they're a major part of the games, so I find this hard to excuse.

if you had problems with sf, the problem will just escalate in tt that is for sure. because by the look of things its more about selling plastic than making a good game now. as you said at least they tried with ssa and sg, thats why these games are the better ones. even without jumping or talking portals and all the gimmicks. ssa was a special game, and will holds its own for years to come. the rest of the games will be easily forgotten..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#408 Posted: 10:06:10 14/08/2014
Small video uploaded about 2 hours ago. Nothing major new I've seen from Gamescom yet this morning.

http://www.enjoygram.com/m/786716337614894297_994515524
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#409 Posted: 10:11:26 14/08/2014
@CMB Well, from what I've seen, I'm more impressed with the story ideas in TT and I doubt every problem I had with SF will get worse. At the least, I think they know not to include a Rufus-esque character with unskippable greeting dialogue, especially since so many people hated Rufus. smilie
Plus, we already know there will be more chapters, which I'm looking forward to even if they're shorter (larger variety of environments to replay). Although I see why some people like fewer-but-longer levels, I think it was extreme in SF, and I'm hopeful that TT will balance the length better.

It seems to me like TFB made the backstories and level scenarios of TT better than VV did with SF. It's too early to know anyway, since the actual game isn't out yet, but no harm sharing impressions.

And I disagree that Giants was a better game than SF. Skystones/vehicles were too prominent at times (SF also had vehicle sections, but they weren't as bad), doesn't have as many extra modes, no jumping, knockback mechanics are less balanced, etc. I was just saying that I think the storytelling is better. There are other things I think Giants did better, such as Quests, but overall I think SF is a better game and prefer playing SF.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:16:56 14/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#410 Posted: 10:24:08 14/08/2014
+1 to that last, AoA.

I think Toys for Bob have the better creative department, but VV gave SWAP Force better gameplay mechanics overall - attack knock back and stun for example - even if there are still a few kinks. I for one can't stand the "turret moments" in any shape or form.
---
Whip up a storm!
#411 Posted: 10:59:09 14/08/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
@CMB Well, from what I've seen, I'm more impressed with the story ideas in TT and I doubt every problem I had with SF will get worse. At the least, I think they know not to include a Rufus-esque character with unskippable greeting dialogue, especially since so many people hated Rufus. smilie
Plus, we already know there will be more chapters, which I'm looking forward to even if they're shorter (larger variety of environments to replay). Although I see why some people like fewer-but-longer levels, I think it was extreme in SF, and I'm hopeful that TT will balance the length better.

It seems to me like TFB made the backstories and level scenarios of TT better than VV did with SF. It's too early to know anyway, since the actual game isn't out yet, but no harm sharing impressions.

And I disagree that Giants was a better game than SF. Skystones/vehicles were too prominent at times (SF also had vehicle sections, but they weren't as bad), doesn't have as many extra modes, no jumping, knockback mechanics are less balanced, etc. I was just saying that I think the storytelling is better. There are other things I think Giants did better, such as Quests, but overall I think SF is a better game and prefer playing SF.

there have always been unskippable or half way unskippable stuff in all the games released so far... so i strongly doubt they have learned... other than that we will see what happen when people get their hands on the game and give a properly test.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#412 Posted: 11:47:16 14/08/2014
Quote: GothamLord
Small video uploaded about 2 hours ago. Nothing major new I've seen from Gamescom yet this morning.

I wish S4 gill grunt had his S4 art... like everyone had in Giants (exept double trouble)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8332
#413 Posted: 11:58:40 14/08/2014
Quote: Kevin16

I wish S4 gill grunt had his S4 art... like everyone had in Giants (exept double trouble)

It's probably beta.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#414 Posted: 12:05:06 14/08/2014
Quote: Kevin16

Never had a repose (except for Ninja Stealth Elf and Volcanic Eruptor, but I don't even placed them on the Portal, soooo...), but, shouldn't he be called Tidal Wave Gill Grunt in game?

Maybe it is a S1.

Also, I think I saw him knocking back a troll. Was that animation present in older games, or is it a mechanic taken From SWAP Force?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#415 Posted: 12:11:53 14/08/2014
Its clearly a S4 Gill Grunt visible on the portal.
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#416 Posted: 12:35:38 14/08/2014
Is there gonna be any more info before end of games com maybe they'll show the full poster and start doing the meet the skylander vids
---
"Taking Charge"
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#417 Posted: 13:17:46 14/08/2014
I'm still a little confused about the Minis... I get that they can do everything a core can do, but are there any features exclusive to the Minis? Like accessing Mini-only areas, or something like that?
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#418 Posted: 13:32:58 14/08/2014
That would require Activision to talk about the game itself.

Instead we get shiny keys dangled in front of us AKA Minis. We should just be sitting here going "AWWWW They are so cute", not actually asking questions.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:33:43 14/08/2014 by GothamLord
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#419 Posted: 13:39:49 14/08/2014
its funny, a few days ago, people were upset about lack of info, now look at everyone. they gave us more, not all but more....we are drooling all over ourselves. Activision 1, Skylander Fans 0 smilie
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#420 Posted: 13:48:02 14/08/2014
^ I'm sorry I'm not drooling over myself. Nothing mindblowing was shown in my opinion.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#421 Posted: 13:52:54 14/08/2014
Like Gotham said, they just want us to stop asking questions. The Minis seem like another marketing ploy for Activision to make a couple more millions.
---
A story.
#422 Posted: 13:57:25 14/08/2014
For some people, throwing new shiny things at them is all it takes to impress them. It's sad but it cant be denied. I do enjoy Kaboom and Head Rush in terms of design but its hardly something I'm going to be screaming to get the game about now. We were promised *game changers*. The minis are hardly game changers, outside of the fact they were sidekicks and now they actually do something. I guess thats a change in the gameplay if you REALLY want to stretch things. We can play the game on tablet now. Okay? Its the same game on yet another platform. We still havent heard squat about the 3DS which IS a completely different game. The flood of new character was enough to calm me for a day or so, but after the initial new factor wears off, we are right back to square one where we left off. At least a bit more on the timer has been revealed. And we never did get to see anything on the claim of someone hitting the Outfit button that I thought Skylander Dad claimed we'd see. Maybe something will come out by this evening when things wrap up today.
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#423 Posted: 13:57:59 14/08/2014
Quote: nocturnalnathan
I'm still a little confused about the Minis... I get that they can do everything a core can do, but are there any features exclusive to the Minis? Like accessing Mini-only areas, or something like that?

Hopefully not. Past the puppy dog eyes, they're just smaller wire frames of larger characters that a good percentage of us probably have in a full sized form.
I hope there's not an area only sidekicks can access. If there is, it best not be elementally aligned too. Versions of figures I already have that play no differently? No thanks.
"...Smaller and harder to hit..." <- oh please, Lou Studdert. I doubt the hitbox is any different. You've already showcased that it isn't when outputting attacks.

Quote: Zylek
^ I'm sorry I'm not drooling over myself. Nothing mindblowing was shown in my opinion.

Agree entirely. The only significant reveal was gameplay of Head Rush, Bushwhack and Kaboom.
---
Whip up a storm!
#424 Posted: 14:05:44 14/08/2014
Disney just had a press release from gamescom with new details of the Toy Box 2.0, there was more actual game info in that release than anything we have gotten to date about STT.
---
#425 Posted: 14:20:52 14/08/2014
Quote: Angry Rage Quit
Quote: nocturnalnathan

Hopefully not. Past the puppy dog eyes, they're just smaller wire frames of larger characters that a good percentage of us probably have in a full sized form.
I hope there's not an area only sidekicks can access. If there is, it best not be elementally aligned too. Versions of figures I already have that play no differently? No thanks.
"...Smaller and harder to hit..." <- oh please, Lou Studdert. I doubt the hitbox is any different. You've already showcased that it isn't when outputting attacks.

Agree entirely. The only significant reveal was gameplay of Head Rush, Bushwhack and Kaboom.

Agree. I was hoping to see AT LEAST some gameplay of Lob Star, Blades, Fist Bump, Deja Vu and Tread Head, besides the ones of Head Rush and Bushwhack. Ka-Boom was indeed a nice surprise, tough.

I was hoping for the "mind blowing game changing idea" to be the Kaos Mode.
Minis are NOT game changing in any way.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#426 Posted: 14:34:15 14/08/2014
Disney just had a press release from gamescom with new details of the Toy Box 2.0, there was more actual game info in that release than anything we have gotten to date about STT.

that's the key word.

the toys are just toys, where as the GAME is what you buy for 75-100 dollars. so i'm still gonna buy trap team. maybe on launch. but 2.0 seems to innovate.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#427 Posted: 15:30:30 14/08/2014
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but we might be able to show you a Skylander today that you've not seen before. It is on the poster and it's not a question mark. Can't say more than that at this point.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#428 Posted: 15:33:46 14/08/2014
You guys are WAY too pessimistic about this. We know more about the game than we did before, and it's got me pretty excited.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8332
#429 Posted: 15:38:37 14/08/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but we might be able to show you a Skylander today that you've not seen before. It is on the poster and it's not a question mark. Can't say more than that at this point.

Cool! Please show it if you can. Is it a video or a picture?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#430 Posted: 15:44:35 14/08/2014

can you atleast confirm if it is not lob-star and its element if not that is fine but i am hyped for any news
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#431 Posted: 15:56:03 14/08/2014
So minis are announced, isn't a mix with skylanders nano force and kaos alliance to make one game?
---
THE END IS NEAR
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#432 Posted: 15:56:32 14/08/2014

Sweet, I hope it's the magic trap master next to blastermind! Anything else would also be cool, but that guy (girl?) looks the coolest so far!
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#433 Posted: 15:58:56 14/08/2014
EgoWhity has got some videos up on his channel. They don't reveal much besides areas of Pheonix Purch we haven't seen, and that a purple bird is the main villain (even though Chef Pepper Jack is Pheonix Purch's Arena Master). You can see all the villains for Pheonix Purch on his S4 Gill Grunt video.

I can't post a link because I'm on my 3DS.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#434 Posted: 16:06:13 14/08/2014
Quote: sprocketrocket

can you atleast confirm if it is not lob-star and its element if not that is fine but i am hyped for any news

It's not Lob Star smilie
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10126
#435 Posted: 16:14:19 14/08/2014
Will you guys please keep biased bashing in the discussion thread for more than 2 days? I don't even know why Family Gamer TV even bothers updating here after you guys started insulting him and other youtubers.
Minis do have a smaller hitbox, an insanely overpowered smaller hitbox - just look at Hijinx's video, Hex would be pushed around back and forth doing the same things she's doing. Acti wouldn't give them the same hitbox as S1s yet smaller attack hurtboxes(pretty much every Mini's video, but Hijinx's Bone Wall makes it clear) because that's stupid and not how game design goes.

Sure, it's definately not mind-blowing, that's just buzzword so kids watch, but if you're going to nitpick every little thing please keep it out of news threads and wait until the news are all up, we know what happened last time that was ignored.

On topic, is Bushwack still with pupils in-game? From the toy prototype it certainly looks like it,which is kinda weird because elves in general don't have any.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#436 Posted: 16:14:20 14/08/2014
Quote: sprocketrocket

It's not Lob Star smilie

when are we getting the packaging video?
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#437 Posted: 16:18:18 14/08/2014
WWW, can you confirm if the Skylander is Blades, Rocky Roll, or another Skylander?
---
You can't handle MEMES
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#438 Posted: 16:27:27 14/08/2014
Guys, he said, "... a Skylander today that you've not seen before...."
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#439 Posted: 16:28:39 14/08/2014
Quote: Qcumber
WWW, can you confirm if the Skylander is Blades, Rocky Roll, or another Skylander?

He'll tell you if he can. Stop baiting him.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#440 Posted: 16:29:36 14/08/2014
For some people, throwing new shiny things at them is all it takes to impress them. It's sad but it cant be denied. I do enjoy Kaboom and Head Rush in terms of design but its hardly something I'm going to be screaming to get the game about now. We were promised *game changers*. The minis are hardly game changers, outside of the fact they were sidekicks and now they actually do something. I guess thats a change in the gameplay if you REALLY want to stretch things. We can play the game on tablet now. Okay? Its the same game on yet another platform. We still havent heard squat about the 3DS which IS a completely different game. The flood of new character was enough to calm me for a day or so, but after the initial new factor wears off, we are right back to square one where we left off. At least a bit more on the timer has been revealed. And we never did get to see anything on the claim of someone hitting the Outfit button that I thought Skylander Dad claimed we'd see. Maybe something will come out by this evening when things wrap up today.

the *game changers* was the villain and the new portal with sounds....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#441 Posted: 16:31:34 14/08/2014
Quote: weebbby
Guys, he said, "... a Skylander today that you've not seen before...."

I'm sticking to that line (for now). smilie
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#442 Posted: 16:34:43 14/08/2014
Drobit will still be useful like his older counterpart.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#443 Posted: 16:36:51 14/08/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i laughed hard when he said look their so cute and Smaller and harder to hit. these minis are useless thats what they are..

Holy **** please just...

Go away. You are completely insufferable. You can not like the Minis, but please wait until we have full confirmation on what they can do. If they really are just there to be cute, then you can complain, but if they DO actually have some other function, then you have to stop complaining about them.

By the way, you are the most negative person on this forum, lighten up your attitude and stop whining about things.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10126
#444 Posted: 16:45:04 14/08/2014

i laughed hard when he said look their so cute and Smaller and harder to hit. these minis are useless thats what they are..

Yeah, spreding misinformation for the sake of bashing Acti, I laughed hard at that.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#445 Posted: 16:53:31 14/08/2014

I can respect your opinion that they are useless, but try and quantify why you think that. Is it the lack of HP? Because I haven't seen any stats yet. Please clarify.

It would make sense that there would be a hit on HP for the extra agility these guys have, but that's just speculation on my part. I might actually find agility a good trade off for a few HP.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:56:30 14/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#446 Posted: 16:59:42 14/08/2014
i saw a gameplay video of hijinx, and she got her butt kicked.

not cool.
#447 Posted: 16:59:43 14/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

I can respect your opinion that they are useless, but try and quantify why you think that. Is it the lack of HP? Because I haven't seen any stats yet. Please clarify.

It would make sense that there would be a hit on HP for the extra agility these guys have, but that's just speculation on my part. I might actually fine agility is a good trade off for a few HP.

mini reposes with the powers of already bigger variants, and these minis was made already in 2011. just look up that prototype thread we have here...

here is the video where he says "Smaller and harder to hit"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iO69BD20Kw
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#448 Posted: 17:02:26 14/08/2014
i'll just buy the minis i think are cute and are or character i like..
#449 Posted: 17:03:55 14/08/2014
Ok, let me rephrase this so I don't get it deleted again:

To be fair to Activision, "Mind Blowing" was from Skylanderkids. We just have take the youtube blogger's hype with a grain of salt as they now have an "quid pro quo" relationship with activision, Activision gives them special access to information to promote the game and the vloggers over promote and hype it up to drive traffic and hits while not wanting to rock the boat too much so they keep their special access.
---
#450 Posted: 17:05:34 14/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

It would make sense that there would be a hit on HP for the extra agility these guys have, but that's just speculation on my part. I might actually fine agility is a good trade off for a few HP.

mini reposes with the powers of already bigger variants, and these minis was made already in 2011. just look up that prototype thread we have here...

here is the video where he says "Smaller and harder to hit"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iO69BD20Kw

Still, they are not useless. Unless you consider their regular counterparts to be the same too.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
First | Previous | Page 9 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me