darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 52 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#2551 Posted: 15:58:58 07/01/2016
For those not interested in Battlecast there are some things of interest according to the videos posted today. The Character Spells mostly seem to have new abilities on the Skylanders - Chop Chop now has the power to exert a weakening aura, for example - and new voiced lines when selected on the team.

HOWEVER, the number of Skylanders seems actually limited,it's only 3 per element and not actually everyone. Chop Chop has a spell but it's actually a generic Undead spell,he isn't in the game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:00:20 07/01/2016 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2552 Posted: 16:49:43 07/01/2016
What about Light?Is it included?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#2553 Posted: 17:52:08 07/01/2016
Dark and Light don't seem to be included; there's an elemental-themed spell that excludes their symbols and they weren't in the character select. Acti is probably waiting to see if an expansion is worth it like they do in Hearthstone or they'll abandon this like the others, because having 3 characters each they can definately fit.

EDIT: I also noticed some might've changed VAs. Spitfire seems the same guy with new lines,so does Trigger Happy,but some of Spyro and Hex's lines are entirely different people or they're doing it way different. Coould be the Skylanders Academy cast,too...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:56:01 07/01/2016 by Bifrost
QuakeMarine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#2554 Posted: 19:25:36 07/01/2016
Has the Android version been officially launched anywhere yet, or is it just the iOS one so far?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:26:23 07/01/2016 by QuakeMarine
#2555 Posted: 19:39:56 07/01/2016
Just iOS and apparently just New Zealand. Considering there are some glitches and a bit of mid turn lag, it's probably to test the servers.
But anything else on Battlecast,it's probably better to take it to its own section,I just wanted to signal boost.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:40:34 07/01/2016 by Bifrost
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#2556 Posted: 01:10:21 08/01/2016
Anyone can download Battlecast, not just New Zealand..
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#2557 Posted: 01:20:34 08/01/2016
Battlecast Cards to Life isn't the same game, it's just a demo with AR functions and a handful of cards.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:21:05 08/01/2016 by Bifrost
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#2558 Posted: 12:06:10 08/01/2016
I'm so confused, what does battlecast look like? Can you get a New Zealander to take a screenshot of the app and then in-game? Please
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#2559 Posted: 12:10:52 08/01/2016
There's a whole section down in the mobile forum with more stuff, I said it last page. Only jojopetv and some general iOS game reviewers have footage of it though, being a soft launch it's been pretty quiet.
---
#2560 Posted: 13:40:17 08/01/2016
Guys, I'll made a topic for this this weekend (including video) but I'm experiencing trouble when playing knight light in PS4 superchargers.

The problem is it freezes for a tenth of a second each time I hit an enemy with my sword. Is frutrating. I'm I alone here?
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#2561 Posted: 13:57:22 08/01/2016
Quote: angelg
Guys, I'll made a topic for this this weekend (including video) but I'm experiencing trouble when playing knight light in PS4 superchargers.

The problem is it freezes for a tenth of a second each time I hit an enemy with my sword. Is frutrating. I'm I alone here?

It's not a glitch. It's called hitstoping. I think it's to make tings look like it hits harder and for balancing or something.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2562 Posted: 14:28:33 08/01/2016
Hitstop should really only be for combos; sure, some of them have it right with hold down primary or continue with secondary/tertiary(Ignitor is a GREAT example of this with his combo upgrade path),but when your combo is mash primary three times it makes no sense to have a split-second to react.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2563 Posted: 17:28:00 08/01/2016
Didn't know how that mechanic was called, but it's a typical V.V. thing and it does make some difference gameplay-wise.
I'm not a fan of it but it's not that annoying after you get used to it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#2564 Posted: 19:30:46 08/01/2016
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Quote: ZapNorris
i made a lil' something. smilie

[User Posted Image]

Wow nice work buddy I like what you did hear. I really do hope that Thrillipede has wings or at least is fast then he'd be my solid favorite hands down.
In the soul gem video , you can clearly see him flying with a bunch of butter flies so he is your solid favourite !
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
#2565 Posted: 19:31:35 08/01/2016
Please don't quote several week old posts,Trighap52, that conversation was long done and clarified.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:53 08/01/2016 by Bifrost
#2566 Posted: 22:53:03 08/01/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: angelg

It's not a glitch. It's called hitstoping. I think it's to make tings look like it hits harder and for balancing or something.

Quote: Drawdler
It's probably to give attacks more impact, but I find it really annoying. When ALL melee attacks have hitstopping the novelty wears really thin and it makes the balancing worse (in theory, it could balance out some moves, but it's flat-out pointless to toss it on all of them).

Quote: Bifrost
Hitstop should really only be for combos; sure, some of them have it right with hold down primary or continue with secondary/tertiary(Ignitor is a GREAT example of this with his combo upgrade path),but when your combo is mash primary three times it makes no sense to have a split-second to react.

Quote: Drek95
Didn't know how that mechanic was called, but it's a typical V.V. thing and it does make some difference gameplay-wise.
I'm not a fan of it but it's not that annoying after you get used to it.

Thanks guys for your answers. I have been using new skylanders and didn't realize this until I got back to knight light. Is true, is not that annoying once you get used to it, and in fact I have even manage to control more combos that I didn't know could be done.

By the way I haven't had much time to go deep into superchargers since it was released but now that I'm on holiday, the more I play, the more I think is a fantastic game: story, racing, graphics, script, etc, everything fits so good.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:54:39 08/01/2016 by angelg
#2567 Posted: 23:04:50 08/01/2016
V.V. indeed has a better way of handling combos (and I feel has a general better approach with button imputs) than TfB.

Glad you are enjoying SuperChargers, it's absolutely a fantastic and fun game! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2568 Posted: 00:43:24 09/01/2016
^I'm especially surprised by how the story is written and implemented through cinematics and dialogues. Bravo.

The online racing and side missions are also very addictive. I feel stupid for not having tried these before. Is a pity only few land circuits are avalaible without trophies.

I though the graphics were particularly good in the first levels in order to make a good first impression, but they have proved to be good all through the game. I can't believe this game got lower scores than DI 3.0.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#2569 Posted: 01:52:28 09/01/2016
DI has Star wars. That's why people love it. Infinity just slacks off every year. They add characters that they own and call it a day.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2570 Posted: 02:50:31 09/01/2016
Quote: skylandersspyro
DI has Star wars. That's why people love it. Infinity just slacks off every year. They add characters that they own and call it a day.

Well, to be fair, there is more effort put into it than that, but yeah, aside from exclusive characters and one or two small features every Disney Infinity game is pretty much the same. That's why I didn't buy 3.0 Edition. Skylanders at least tries to change it up, even if it doesn't always work in it's favor.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#2571 Posted: 06:34:27 09/01/2016
Disney Infinity basically used up its two big guns these past two years. Unless they continue to milk Star Wars at the expense of Disney's other properties, I'm not sure how 4.0 can maintain 3.0's momentum.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#2572 Posted: 12:08:27 09/01/2016
Absolutely agree.
As I previously wrote Infinity keeps going only thanks to Disney's franchises.
They do add new features here and there but Marvel and Star Wars have been their "biggest innovations" so far and I think that says a lot.

I doubt they have another big bomb similar to those two to drop, this year (unless they buy DC or something else), and while they have the biggest characters selection one can possibly think about they won't keep their success by simply replaying on figures.

Skylanders always tries innovating.
Sometimes they do it in a larger scale, sometimes they simply adjust certain aspects, it can work or not but they absolutely try hard and they have all my respect for that.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2573 Posted: 16:20:11 09/01/2016
Disney: "Quick! We gotta buy Hasbro to get Transformers and My Little Pony for Infinity!!!"

They do that, then Skylanders would be screwed in terms of sales.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#2574 Posted: 18:49:36 09/01/2016
Alright, back to lore discussion from what I found in battlecast, Stealth Elf can slather her blades in nightshade oil before fighting.

I don't know if David A. Rodriguez is the one writing this game but it sounds like it is. Next we'll find out the Undead crumble to dust in a few hundred years or something equally dark.
---
#2575 Posted: 20:38:11 09/01/2016
Is not a fair competition between Skylanders and DIsmilie Let's hope Activision has an ace up the sleeve, which could be both creating a superb game and adding well known characters (skymiibos). And yeah, AdamGregory03, I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like that, lol.

Bifrost, seeing the amazing job David rodriguez did for SSC is always good news to know he's involved. Let's hope he continues with this darker approach.
---
#2576 Posted: 20:50:44 09/01/2016
He's involved in the comics aside from VV's games and some really scary implications popping up there and there seems to be his thing ever since he started making semi-serious arcs.

Kotaku writer goes into detail with the devs about how the stories are written,what a coincidence. I don't like giving them views for the rest of their content so it's the archived version,but for that video it seems worth checking out the original page since it's HARD for someone outside the fandom give a crap about the plot(IGN itself doesn't even care about it yet puts 'forgettable story' in every single game review when they're anything but).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:07:56 10/01/2016 by Bifrost
#2577 Posted: 15:39:43 10/01/2016
Direct link to the Behind the Scenes Storytelling video. Though it was Kotaku exclusive, but it's from the official skylanders channel. Also a slight bump since I noticed people won't pay attention if it's an edit but not at the top of the page ._.

David doesn't even seem to notice he calls rifts "wormholes", which is what they actually are. Maybe not, being a private video they could probably be looser in their wording.

It's also brought up tiptoeing around the spoilers about how Kaos is much more of a complex character than the first games let it seem,and how hard it was to pull off the "heartbreaking" scene.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:52:21 10/01/2016 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2578 Posted: 18:42:06 10/01/2016
something i made using the new headers.

[User Posted Image]
#2579 Posted: 19:00:27 10/01/2016
...Why was that needed in any way?
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#2580 Posted: 20:22:53 10/01/2016
It'd make for a pretty nice poster.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#2581 Posted: 22:48:35 10/01/2016
Direct link to the Behind the Scenes Storytelling video. Though it was Kotaku exclusive, but it's from the official skylanders channel. Also a slight bump since I noticed people won't pay attention if it's an edit but not at the top of the page ._.

David doesn't even seem to notice he calls rifts "wormholes", which is what they actually are. Maybe not, being a private video they could probably be looser in their wording.

It's also brought up tiptoeing around the spoilers about how Kaos is much more of a complex character than the first games let it seem,and how hard it was to pull off the "heartbreaking" scene.

Well, I think that scene was a good decision. Skylands has never felt more real than in superchargers. A bit of drama and epicness was needed imo. A good storytelling can completely change the overall feeling of a game. Let's see if TfB manages to pull of an incredibly story like this one.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:56 10/01/2016 by angelg
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2582 Posted: 23:27:27 10/01/2016
Why is the video unlisted?
#2583 Posted: 23:31:08 10/01/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Why is the video unlisted?

Seems to be for Kotaku or they're just getting it first. Found it in an article on the games' story.
---
Zim999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4619
#2584 Posted: 00:13:43 11/01/2016
Since almost all the characters and vehicles are almost out, is there any info on packaging for the characters and vehicles and items that haven't had much info giving out yet: Thrillipede, Double Dare Trigger Happy, Buzz Wing, Gold Rusher and Land Trophy.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#2585 Posted: 00:18:09 11/01/2016
Quote: Zim999
Since almost all the characters and vehicles are almost out, is there any info on packaging for the characters and vehicles and items that haven't had much info giving out yet: Thrillipede, Double Dare Trigger Happy, Buzz Wing, Gold Rusher and Land Trophy.

Double Dare Trigger Happy, Gold Rusher and the Land Trophy will all be exclusive to (of course) the Land Racing Action Pack.
As far as we know, Thrillipede and Buzz Wing will only be in single packs. I guess there's a tiiiiny chance of a combo pack popping up, but I definitely wouldn't count on it.
Zim999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4619
#2586 Posted: 00:36:58 11/01/2016
Quote: FireMeowth
Quote: Zim999

Double Dare Trigger Happy, Gold Rusher and the Land Trophy will all be exclusive to (of course) the Land Racing Action Pack.
As far as we know, Thrillipede and Buzz Wing will only be in single packs. I guess there's a tiiiiny chance of a combo pack popping up, but I definitely wouldn't count on it.

Thank you.
That narrows the remaining items down to what to buy them in.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#2587 Posted: 12:15:02 11/01/2016

Another "exclusive" look at Skylanders Storytelling, different edit from the official YouTube channel. I've not watched it all yet, so I can't tell you if it has any additional content, but I'm hoping so.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#2588 Posted: 12:50:49 11/01/2016
It's bigger than 9 minutes so dunno. I'll check it out once I'm on a better pc, this one is laggy enough I have to use DS on the phone while I do my usual Battlecast searching.

EDIT: Oooh,there's some. The original video used The Darkness's filtered voice,this doesn't. He sounds even more... Uh... Fitting of a different character entirely, as to not say anything inappropriate?
There are also more storyboard sequences,in the other video they showed only the versions without effects; and more unedited answers from the devs. If anyone has yet to watch those videos, I recommend this one for more content.

And there's also this thing in the version without the finished models which just appears in this video:

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:53:39 11/01/2016 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#2589 Posted: 19:19:48 11/01/2016
It's bigger than 9 minutes so dunno. I'll check it out once I'm on a better pc, this one is laggy enough I have to use DS on the phone while I do my usual Battlecast searching.

EDIT: Oooh,there's some. The original video used The Darkness's filtered voice,this doesn't. He sounds even more... Uh... Fitting of a different character entirely, as to not say anything inappropriate?
There are also more storyboard sequences,in the other video they showed only the versions without effects; and more unedited answers from the devs. If anyone has yet to watch those videos, I recommend this one for more content.

And there's also this thing in the version without the finished models which just appears in this video:

[User Posted Image]

Lego-face Darkness is the villain we need.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2590 Posted: 19:53:06 12/01/2016
Does anyone think the superchargers have quite similar moves. For example Stormblade and spitfire have a similar dash attack and Nightfall and Stormblade have a a similar quick slashing combo that is unlocked on Nightfall's top path.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#2591 Posted: 20:14:46 12/01/2016
If you make generic comparisons everyone's kinda similar. Stormblade's dash can be controlled, while Spitfire seems to cause a short stun;so not actually similar.
---
#2592 Posted: 21:55:02 12/01/2016
At least Jet-Vac is justified since originally he had those movies,but yeah, on Terrafin and Astroblast is doesn't fit nor is any useful, though you could stretch it to SE's being somewhat fine for crowd control.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#2593 Posted: 22:40:57 12/01/2016
The way I see it, there are only a few types of skylander attacks including turrets, minions, melee, etc, but each (for the most part) has a slightly different feel and strategy to it. For example, Fiesta has minions just like Sonic Boom, Rubble Rouser, or Countdown, but due to his low health and medium range attacks, he must rely on them and upgrade them much more than the other skylanders.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:29 12/01/2016 by TrapShadowFan
#2594 Posted: 23:35:06 12/01/2016
There was a rather interesting topic about Skylanders moveset types, I'll try and find the link. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#2595 Posted: 23:40:03 12/01/2016
Yeah, every Skylander has one kind of attack that's unique in some way. You could also argue about Splat having minions, but here's aren't quite the same. They don't stay for some time but just rush through the enemies. Nightfall also has her crowd control attack, though she doesn't have to get near the enemies. I just always throw them in the air and finish them with my hook n' hair combo and if needed I use Ambrush to attack without problems.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#2596 Posted: 02:40:20 13/01/2016
I'm impressed that new characters still feel relatively....new lol.

They're starting to combine a lot attack types that were seperate in the past, but then scale their strength or other abilities down to keep them balanced with others and I think it's working pretty well .

E.g. Astroblast has his big charging comet that spawns a minion and can have iether a damaging solar shield or recover to half health when he dies depending on your path.

But they scaled everything right so he's Not op.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:40 13/01/2016 by B-BOB358
First | Previous | Page 52 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me