Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The UK Pre-Order Thread [CLOSED]
Wynne1975 Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#201 Posted: 13:49:31 04/10/2012
I pre ordered the Wii booster pack. Cost £30 with discounts, compared with £45 for the starter pack. don't want any s1 figures and my son can wait for Jet Vac so the saving is worth it.
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#202 Posted: 14:05:43 04/10/2012
Games Stop Ireland are now advertising Glow in the Dark Portal and Cynder for Wii €69.97.

http://www.gamestop.ie/Wii/Gam...6inTitle%3DTrue
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#203 Posted: 14:43:52 04/10/2012 | Topic Creator
[rant]FFS on this GITD pack, first it was like getting blood out of a rock trying to get ANY information on this pack and now if feels like EVERY SINGLE SHOP is doing it TWO WEEKS before launch, it's hardly worth buying the pack now because everyone can have it, totally distorting the whole exclusiveness for the product FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[/rant]
I feel better now....almost. At least this stops certain US posters trolling us (in the UK) about this pack.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#204 Posted: 15:44:57 04/10/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
[rant]FFS on this GITD pack, first it was like getting blood out of a rock trying to get ANY information on this pack and now if feels like EVERY SINGLE SHOP is doing it TWO WEEKS before launch, it's hardly worth buying the pack now because everyone can have it, totally distorting the whole exclusiveness for the product FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[/rant]
I feel better now....almost. At least this stops certain US posters trolling us (in the UK) about this pack.

I know how you feel, but I'm willing to wait. More offers should start appearing soon, especially if they don't meet their pre-order targets
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#205 Posted: 17:04:28 04/10/2012
I'd like to buy the PS3 starter pack but only to get the GITD Cynder. I'd have no need for two TreeRex as well as two regular Cynder.

However I will not be doubling my pre-order cost. I paid £32 for the PS3 booster so don't really want to fork out £65 and cancel my Sainsbury's order. Sheesh.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5702
#206 Posted: 17:21:07 04/10/2012
I wouldn't want to get it. All you get is the starte pack with a portal and Cynder that glows. What's so interesting about that?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#207 Posted: 17:31:31 04/10/2012 | Topic Creator
^Half the fun was in the bragging rights that finally the UK got something the US didn't and also just have something unique to sell on to cover the cost of the pack being more expensive at GAMEstation.

EDIT: Due to an extension in word count, there is a major overhaul of the top post in process, please stand by while I reorganise the top post and update the prices
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:58:07 04/10/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
#208 Posted: 18:01:58 04/10/2012
I watched an interview on FGTV where the guy from Toys for Bob pretty much said "How did you guys get your Sidekicks in the UK?".

It seems that Activision held all the cards when it came to distribution. It must have been too much hassle to distribute in the UK and elsewhere. Hmm.

I can live without the Sidekicks for now.

Regarding the UK getting something exclusive for a change.. ahah, sure. The US will always be the bigger, more important market. I assumed it wouldn't remain UK exclusive.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#209 Posted: 18:26:02 04/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
I watched an interview on FGTV where the guy from Toys for Bob pretty much said "How did you guys get your Sidekicks in the UK?".

It seems that Activision held all the cards when it came to distribution. It must have been too much hassle to distribute in the UK and elsewhere. Hmm.

Regarding the UK getting something exclusive for a change.. ahah, sure. The US will always be the bigger, more important market. I assumed it wouldn't remain UK exclusive.

Just taking a break from the overhaul to quote this from Activision Assist (my second time contacting them over the Sidekicks):

posted to Activision Assist
Yesterday at 15:17 via Mobile ·

With just over two weeks until Skylanders Giants releases in Europe, is there any sign of the Sidekick characters (from Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure) coming out in UK/Europe/rest of the World or am I going to have to import these figures from the US via eBay?

Activision Assist:
Hello.

Thanks for messaging us! The Skylanders Sidekicks were a promotional event with Frito-Lay, more details are found here http://bit.ly/RABLo5. Unfortunately we have no information about an outside release, but we'll gladly forward along your feedback to the appropriate channels.

If you have any other questions, feel free to message us anytime. Thanks!^RT
Yesterday at 16:35

Me:
Thank you for your reply in this matter. I am happy to pay for my Sidekicks via what every method they get released, I'd just rather my money go to the creators than lining some random chancer's pockets
Yesterday at 18:27 via mobile · Like x 1

Activision Assist:
We definitely appreciate the support! If we receive any info on any upcoming promotions, we'll try to let everyone know.
^LM
8 hours ago · [I like this] · 1
Me:
Thank you smilie
8 hours ago via mobile · Like x 1
---
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#210 Posted: 18:46:08 04/10/2012
Quote: fanjo
Games Stop Ireland are now advertising Glow in the Dark Portal and Cynder for Wii €69.97.

If Gamestop in Ireland is getting it then wouldn't the USA Gamestops have to get them too?
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#211 Posted: 19:13:43 04/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: WhirlwindDragon

If Gamestop in Ireland is getting it then wouldn't the USA Gamestops have to get them too?

Why don't you just ask Gamestop US? Gamestop in Ireland is the only big name video game store since all the GAMEs shut a few months ago, HMV, Tesco, Dunnes Stores and Smyths just don't have a big presence in Ireland to have an exclusive like this.
---
#212 Posted: 19:19:33 04/10/2012
Gamestop is actually around the world since they have locations everywhere
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#213 Posted: 19:23:43 04/10/2012 | Topic Creator

Not in the UK, they have only a website that ships from Ireland but no physical stores are in the UK.
---
#214 Posted: 20:23:00 04/10/2012

It should be EB Games in the States. They got the Volcanic Vault exclusive and in UK/Ireland it was Game/Game Stop. You have to check the website, the stores give you the same, "We won't know until a few days before the release!" quote.

I was hoping Game Stop would get the release, same as last year. It seems to be happening and same as last year, slow info coming through.

Exclusives are only "Exclusives" through certain stores - meaning some stores have them and others won't.

Edit: I just checked the US website for eb Games and Gamestop, and they don't mention anything about GITD portal/Cynder. But it wouldn't surprise me if this info changed over the next few days. Just keep an eye on it like I did on the Gamestop Ireland website. It just showed a normal starter pack until today. I could see they were updating their website yesterday.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:49 04/10/2012 by fanjo
#215 Posted: 20:31:11 04/10/2012

It should be EB Games in the States. They got the Volcanic Vault exclusive and in UK/Ireland it was Game/Game Stop. You have to check the website, the stores give you the same, "We won't know until a few days before the release!" quote.

I was hoping Game Stop would get the release, same as last year. It seems to be happening and same as last year, slow info coming through.

Exclusives are only "Exclusives" through certain stores - meaning some stores have them and others won't.

Best Buy got the Volcanic Vault exclusive and EB Games/Gamestop got the Golden Dragonfire Battle Pack. Now what exclusive would Walmart get if Activision Assist had said that the GITD Cynder and GITD Portal of Power are only exclusive to Gamestation locations in the UK yet there is proof from two sources that Walmart and Sam's Club are getting them
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#216 Posted: 22:38:38 04/10/2012
Moving on...

Has anyone found any websites or stores with pre-orders on figurines? Some people in the US are getting their Dragonfire Cannons and we can't even order ours.
---
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13977
#217 Posted: 22:53:01 04/10/2012
A few places have the toys for preorder: Zavvi/The Hut, iwantiwant, GameStop.co.uk
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#218 Posted: 22:56:14 04/10/2012
Quote: dark52
A few places have the toys for preorder: Zavvi/The Hut, iwantiwant, GameStop.co.uk

Ah yes :3 thanks, dark52.
---
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#219 Posted: 23:46:30 04/10/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro

A certain someone on these forums was kind enough to get me four sidekicks for my son and ship them to the UK. Fortunately we have one of each too, although my son needs to work a little harder at school to claim the three I haven't given him yet. They are super cute though.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:17 04/10/2012 by wideawakewesley
chrisrobbo21982 Blue Sparx Gems: 707
#220 Posted: 08:11:44 05/10/2012
Just to let you know that Game have pulled Giants from the list of games for 99p trade in offer. It was an error apparently. Was just trawling eBay/amazon for some cheap games to trade as well!
---
Own: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#221 Posted: 08:14:50 05/10/2012
Quote: chrisrobbo21982
Just to let you know that Game have pulled Giants from the list of games for 99p trade in offer. It was an error apparently. Was just trawling eBay/amazon for some cheap games to trade as well!

I noticed that too and yet it was confirmed to me that it was definitely the starter pack. Ah well, at least the GitD edition isn't as rare as we thought anymore now that the US is getting it too.
#222 Posted: 08:48:19 05/10/2012 | Topic Creator
^Hope you kept your proof and transcripts on the conversation, I'd love to see them squirm out of that one should you want to take up the offer smilie
---
snakemetal Red Sparx Gems: 71
#223 Posted: 10:32:10 05/10/2012
Quote: kiz3000
Quote: chrisrobbo21982

I noticed that too and yet it was confirmed to me that it was definitely the starter pack. Ah well, at least the GitD edition isn't as rare as we thought anymore now that the US is getting it too.

I just happened to have a copy of my transcript from my livechat yesterday

Please wait. An operator will be with you shortly.
One moment please...
We apologize for the delay. A representive will be with you shortly.
Scott says:
Hello Sean. My name is Scott how can I help you?
Sean says:
Hi im enquiring about your play now trade later offer for 99p It says its on skylander giants so does that include the starter pack?
Scott says:
one moment please.
Scott says:
does it include this on the website/
Sean says:
on the website it just says skylanders giants
Sean says:
so is that the booster pack or the starter pack or both?
Scott says:
thats both.
Sean says:
are you sure? as it means ill be ordering 3-4 for all my family
Sean says:
i dont want to walk into my store and they say its not on the starter packs
Scott says:
thats the game it self so if this includes the starter pack then yes.
Sean says:
ok thats great also one more question on the list of titles you can trade in it says trade in 2 titles can i trade in 2 of the same titel or does it have to be 2 seperate ones?
Scott says:
yes you can trade in two of the same title.
Sean says:
thats great so just to be sure i order online i take my recipt/invoice whatere comes with it when it arrives to the store with 2 titles and they refund me to the value of 99p
Scott says:
can i take your email address please?
Scott says:
sorry wrong convo
Sean says:
sure its sean.thompson@kcom.com
Scott says:
that is correct.
Sean says:
ok it just sounds too good to be true? the starter pack is £65 and these games you want to trade in are only worth about £40
Scott says:
this is the offer we are doing right now.
Sean says:
ok as giants is not released untill october 19th this offer wont change before i recieve it will it?
Scott says:
the offer will not change but the titles you can trade in might. these titles change regularly.
Sean says:
i see and is there a limit to how many skylanders giants starter packs i can order and take in for this offer? or is it one deal per customer sort of thing
Scott says:
i can confirm there is no limit.
Sean says:
thats great what a great offer thanks
Scott says:
thats okay. have a nice day
Sean says:
can you send me a copy of this conversation so i can print it out if the store gives me any issues to my email address sean.thompson@kcom.com
Scott says:
im afraid we are unable to send these conversations over. however you can print it off from your end.
Sean says:
how do i do that? it wont let me copy all of the text
Scott says:
im not to sure how to do this im afraid.
Scott says:
if the store give you any problems ask them to contact helpdesk.
Sean says:
lol ok thanks
Sean says:
one last thing the skylanders glow in the dark packs can you confirm they include the glow in the dark cynder figure. i know im asking alot of questions sorry
Scott says:
i will check the website quick. bare with me.
Scott says:
these contain 3 figures. as seen on product details on our website.
Scott says:
Again my name is Scott and if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Scott says:
Unfortunately as you have not spoken to us for a while we have had to close the chat. If your query has not been resolved then please come back through and we will be happy to help
snakemetal Red Sparx Gems: 71
#224 Posted: 10:43:23 05/10/2012
I just pre ordered 4 starter packs yesterday with Game and bought 8 copies of Lord of the rings war in the north for £15 each off ebay
so im not very happy im stuck with 8 copies of bloody war in the north

Also is it confirmed that glow in the dark editions are available in USA?
#225 Posted: 12:42:13 05/10/2012 | Topic Creator
^Yes, Walmart/Sam's Club has them in the US, Amazon.de is doing the pack in Germany
---
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#226 Posted: 13:26:42 05/10/2012
Quote: snakemetal
I just pre ordered 4 starter packs yesterday with Game and bought 8 copies of Lord of the rings war in the north for £15 each off ebay
so im not very happy im stuck with 8 copies of bloody war in the north

Also is it confirmed that glow in the dark editions are available in USA?

I honestly have to say they literally can't do that,it's false advertising and its against the law (well in Ireland anyway)that's just as bad as GameStop using the Legendary Bouncer pic for Bouncer
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
#227 Posted: 15:19:03 05/10/2012
Quote: CAMOflauge
I honestly have to say they literally can't do that,it's false advertising and its against the law (well in Ireland anyway)that's just as bad as GameStop using the Legendary Bouncer pic for Bouncer

It's not against the law. You would only have a case if this were to happen between purchasing the SG starter pack and going into store for the PlayTrade thing. GAME aren't responsible for people making preparations to take advantage of their deals.

Funny though, considering last night I sent an email to GAME asking whether they could definitely confirm the deal with Giants before I ordered. They haven't gotten back to me yet but I'll let you know what they say.

Looks like I may not be getting the starter pack unless I come up with a solution...
---
Undercoverspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#228 Posted: 16:39:34 05/10/2012
Been waiting for Game and Gamestation to return my email enquiries regarding whether or not their GITD pack actually contains a GITD Cynder as there is no mention of it on the product details on either website - they just mention the portal. 3 days so far. I put off ordering the Sainsburys preorder bargain as my son is desperate to own a gitd figure so was prepared to pay the extra for his birthday next month - any thoughts on why they don't mention it on the details? I can't believe I'm the only one asking the question and their lack of response is ringing alarm bells......
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#229 Posted: 17:03:26 05/10/2012
I haven't asked, but people have had confirmation previously from GAME and Gamestation staff. They did have a photograph of the GITD Cynder at one point but I think they took it down.
---
chrisrobbo21982 Blue Sparx Gems: 707
#230 Posted: 22:24:34 05/10/2012
Quote: Undercoverspyro
Been waiting for Game and Gamestation to return my email enquiries regarding whether or not their GITD pack actually contains a GITD Cynder as there is no mention of it on the product details on either website - they just mention the portal. 3 days so far. I put off ordering the Sainsburys preorder bargain as my son is desperate to own a gitd figure so was prepared to pay the extra for his birthday next month - any thoughts on why they don't mention it on the details? I can't believe I'm the only one asking the question and their lack of response is ringing alarm bells......

GITD Cynder confirmed here
http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/w...4&storeId=10151

EDIT: If you read part way down where the consoles are named it states you get the GITD Cynder too.
---
Own: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:26:32 05/10/2012 by chrisrobbo21982
#231 Posted: 09:49:30 06/10/2012
So I cancelled my booster pack with Sainsbury's and I'm going into my local Gamestation today to pre-order the starter pack. Because I'm weak.

Also because I want a Jet-Vac. Seeing as I'm getting a Cynder in the 3DS pack I figured I'd get a different one. I've had money saved from my first job in a savings bond for 8 years so I've got £400 of interest to spend :3
---
Masamune Red Sparx Gems: 90
#232 Posted: 10:27:28 06/10/2012
All retailers reserve the right to pull/alter any of their offers at any given time. They'll usually list it somewhere in the small print of whatever document/poster/etc the deal is being advertised on. Last time I was in Gamestation, loads of new games had been added to that 99p list, but some had also been removed. smilie Stuff happens. Lol, I doubt they will have expected anyone to go out and buy games that they don't already have, just to trade them in.

smilie I've put deposits down on the starter pack and the booster pack, as I'm still undecided as to which one I'm going to get! I already have the original Skylanders, but I quite fancy the Glow in the Dark Cynder/Portal. I was going to buy Jet Vac at some point as well, so I'm thinking starter pack would be best. We'll see on the day though. smilie I've very fickle.
---
UK Fan!
Own: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Want: smiliesmiliesmilie
werespyro Red Sparx Gems: 96
#233 Posted: 09:40:05 07/10/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl

Not in the UK, they have only a website that ships from Ireland but no physical stores are in the UK.

They did have one in Birmingham but alas it recently closed down smilie
---
36/37 SSA skylanders
Want smilie
uni student/game artist!
#234 Posted: 10:51:08 07/10/2012

Thanks! I didn't know that was available in Ireland so I went to GameStop to pre-order mine!
---
Pasta!
jetvac910 Green Sparx Gems: 163
#235 Posted: 16:53:40 07/10/2012
zavvi have the wii u starter pack for 54.99
#236 Posted: 17:06:12 07/10/2012
What?
Which country is it in?
---
Pasta!
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#237 Posted: 19:03:31 07/10/2012
Quote: jetvac910
zavvi have the wii u starter pack for 54.99

FOR WHAT?
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#238 Posted: 19:24:00 07/10/2012
wii u giants starter pack pre-order use code MVCOCT50 to get £5 off and get it down to £49.99

http://www.zavvi.com/10642656.html
#239 Posted: 20:29:25 07/10/2012
Quote: t7gga
wii u giants starter pack pre-order use code MVCOCT50 to get £5 off and get it down to £49.99

http://www.zavvi.com/10642656.html

For anyone who is doing this and is signing up for a new account my referral code is ZV13789453.

If you enter that in the appropriate box, when signing up, you get an extra 5% off you first order which would make the starter set £47.50. I also get some rewardz points to help me buy some figures.

I hope no one minds me posting this here.
#240 Posted: 11:46:45 08/10/2012
All of the single packs have been added to the Sainsburys website but no prices yet. Only pictures for the lightcore characters are up. I'm hoping that their triple packs are better than £24.99.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:41:38 08/10/2012 by kiz3000
#241 Posted: 12:09:07 08/10/2012
I had a response from GAME this morning.......rather peeved as I missed out on the Sainsburys preorder off the back of this.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately this does not have a glow in the dark Cynder figure.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Zoe B

The Team at GAME

Preferred contact method: Email
User Query: Hi, can you please clarify whether or not yout exclusive Xbox360 Skylanders Giants Starter kit contains a glow in the dark Cynder figure as well as the glow in the dark Portal? I read that it did, but your website no longer mentions the Cynder figure. I'm holding off ordering until I can clarify this - many thanks.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#242 Posted: 12:32:11 08/10/2012 | Topic Creator
^That is complete and utter Wrecking Ball Droppings right there and another case of official channels not knowing their stuff. This scan(that I scanned) is from the back of a Gamestation (who GAME own) Giants advertising box, the front of the box stating the GITD Exclusives are for 360, PS3 and Wii. Ignore that idiot and order the pack for the GITD Cynder.

On a side note I have a Sainsburys Entertainment order for a Wii booster that I proberly wouldn't use now that I'm planning to get a Wii U. Should it be of use to someone please let me know ASAP and I will you just pay me what I paid (£30 plus Paypal fees or no fees if you want to pay by bank transfer) and I will readdress it to you when it ships to me. Thought I'd offer it to another fan instead of just cancelling it.
---
#243 Posted: 12:44:33 08/10/2012
Hi Buzzthebatgirl
I hope you are right about it just being the individual not being clued up- I'm going to push for a response from Gamestation today and let you know either way. (I'm actually in a live chat session with them as I type this) I just don't want people to be disappointed on day one if this is the case and they might want to go elsewhere IF this is true (which I'm hoping it isn't of course!).
Cheers

Mike
---
#244 Posted: 13:31:06 08/10/2012
This took soooooooo long, to basically have no confirmation at all.
While I was on the chat, I called GAME at Westfield to see if they knew anything. Despite asking specifically about the contents of their exclusive pack, he basically proceeded to explain the difference between a Booster and an Starter pack, when I re-iterated my question he replied - 'That's just for pre-orders....' ?????????????

Glad to see they are on top of their own business.

The Gamestation transcript......

Order Number
Product Sklyanders Giants exlcusive starter set xbox 360

Please wait. An operator will be with you shortly.
One moment please...
We apologise for the delay. A representive will be with you shortly.
Helen says:
Hello Michael. My name is Helen how can I help you?
Michael says:
Hi Helen
Michael says:
I contacted Game and Gamestation regarding the Exclusive Glow in the Dark starter pack contents last week – Game finally came back this morning but still heard nothing from Gamestation. All I’m awaiting for is confirmation whether or not there is a Glow in the Dark Cynder figure included as per previous advertising– there is no longer any mention of the figure on the website and I am concerned it is no longer included. I am holding off ordering for our son until I know for sure.
Helen says:
Hi Michael please bare with me while I check for you
Helen says:
yes this is still continuing
Michael says:
So definitely a glow in the dark Portal and a glow in the dark Cynder figure? The email I got back from Game said there was a normal Cynder figure - is that a mistake or is that a Game vs Gamestation thing?
Helen says:
Skylanders Giants Starter Pack for PlayStation 3 includes:

•Skylanders Giants Video Game
•Exclusive glow-in-the-dark Portal of Power
•Three Skylanders Figures
•Three Sticker Sheets with Secret Codes
•Three Trading Cards
•Character Collection Poster

Michael says:
It's the xbox360 version I'm after, but I believe the pack contents is the same apart from the game itself. The concern is that there is no mention of a Glow-in-the-dark Cynder figure - it just says 'Three Skylander Figures'. One of them is Cynder, but is it definitely a Glow in the dark version of Cynder?
Helen says:
I am afraid I cannot see anywhere to confirm this
Michael says:
Is there any other way of finding out? Would your head office know?
Helen says:
you could contact the company direct, as these are not released yet
Michael says:
Do you mean Activision?
Helen says:
yes the number is 0845 5280269
Michael says:
Okay, I will try them. Many thanks
---
#245 Posted: 13:51:29 08/10/2012 | Topic Creator
@ UndercoverSpyro: some confirmation is located here: Quote: chrisrobbo21982

GITD Cynder confirmed here
http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/w...4&storeId=10151

EDIT: If you read part way down where the consoles are named it states you get the GITD Cynder too.

But Yes GAMEstation, Toys R Us and Smyths are hopelessly useless on Skylanders information. I can back this up with examples of utter stupidity if you'd like. All this stupidity has spurred me on to actually want to stock Skylanders because at least I know what I'm talking about, unlike those clueless dopes in the stores (no insult indented to the few staff who actually know this product - utter respect to them).
---
#246 Posted: 16:00:00 08/10/2012
I saw that Game and Gamestation dropped their picture and only metion a GITD portal.

Gamestop Ireland have The GITD Cynder and portal advertised and I've taken screen dumps and a copy of the picture which I will hold them to. But that's kind of the reason I haven't pre-ordered in the first place - I can see a lot of annoyed people regarding this offer change.

[User Posted Image]

Post the offer here for proof.
IAmMarti Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#247 Posted: 16:45:54 08/10/2012
Hrmm...I've spoken to the GAME social media guy a few times about this and he told me that it did include glow in the dark cynder

*edit* this was also then commented on by a few GAME store twitter accounts confirming they believed it included cynder
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:58:03 10/10/2012 by IAmMarti
#248 Posted: 16:54:35 08/10/2012
Perhaps you could mention the confusion/lack of clarity to him? It reflects badly on the company and becomes harder to spend money with them (IMHO).

Mike
---
#249 Posted: 17:08:55 08/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I think a lot of the [insert shop name here] lack of solid information can simply be out down to this statement that [insert shop name here] believes to be true: Skylanders is toys, only small children buy toys and small children don't care about uncoming information on toys.

Don't flame me for that, I am a fully grown adult who collects these too, in my experience that is also what Activision (or at least the Rep and staff at the Arena Tour) think is true.
---
IAmMarti Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#250 Posted: 17:29:42 08/10/2012
Perhaps you could mention the confusion/lack of clarity to him? It reflects badly on the company and becomes harder to spend money with them (IMHO).

Mike

I did mention that the website lacks info about it and there is a lot of confusion smilie
First | Previous | Page 5 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me