Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion
First | Previous | Page 5 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19
Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion [CLOSED]
SDMajorTom Green Sparx Gems: 224
#201 Posted: 02:55:52 09/04/2012
yea i agree different numbers for the different promotions its almost like they are trying the same thing they do with releasing exclusive skylanders, wallmart had their own promotion and seem certain stores are carrying certain chips.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#202 Posted: 02:57:35 09/04/2012
okay...I just wouldn't get my hopes up of everyone getting one...I'll call back then...I just am skeptical when EVERYONE is winning...and I mean everyone...
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#203 Posted: 03:01:12 09/04/2012
My theory is that they are just awarding the 11,000~ figures to the first 11,000 entrants. It's lazy, but it saves them the trouble of actually coding any sort of system to determine a winner at random, or, for that matter, guaranteeing that specific codes are winners. It seems odd, and a bit stupid, but at the same time, a lot of this Skylanders madness has been odd and a bit stupid so far, so I guess the chips should be no exception. I do expect them to honor their promotion, but I'm inclined to agree with whoever said they'd just be sending free coupons in the middle of summer to help clear shelves for Giants re-poses.
#204 Posted: 03:05:25 09/04/2012
everyone will be able to get alot of bash eruptor chop chop and drill sergants ha
#205 Posted: 03:48:21 09/04/2012
Watch it be the surplus they wind up of all the new ones...or if they wanna be awesome....11K crystal wham-shells
---
#206 Posted: 03:54:40 09/04/2012
It's really hard to tell what we're getting. If they send us a figure personally, it could be anything. If they just send us a coupon in an envelope, at least we'l get a freebie when they release the re-poses this summer. Either way, regardless of what we get or what technicality we get it on, I suspect everybody here will cash in on this. It's just not like a company to do damage control, even if this is a system error, by telling everybody they actually didn't win and they gave away all their personal information for nothing. System glitch though it may be (and the jury's still out), I'm pretty sure we'll be getting the figures.
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#207 Posted: 04:04:00 09/04/2012
What is a flocked Stump Smash?
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#208 Posted: 04:17:19 09/04/2012
^ Take a look at my comment on the 3rd page of this topic (It's the 20th post down with the three pictures of flocked toys). If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll describe it better.

Here are some discriptions by other posts:

Quote:
Quote: Postalgoddess
I think someone had described the "flocked" to mean like the velvet on a jewelry box. I could envision it much better after hearing that definition.

Quote: spyroflame0487
From wikipedia:

Flocking is the process of depositing many small fiber particles (called flock) onto a surface.

I found this thing[ that's sort of related to what I'd imagine we'd see.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:25:14 09/04/2012 by OpalOsprey
#209 Posted: 04:34:50 09/04/2012
When I think of flocking and Stump Smash I think of my childhood toys and He-man released 2 characters that smelled and one was Skunkor who smelled like a skunk and the other was Mossman and he was flocked and smelled like...well...petuli, or hemp...at the time...I was 6 years old I think so I think it was an inside joke at Mattel. smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:36:12 09/04/2012 by xerokills
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#210 Posted: 04:38:50 09/04/2012
In the post below there is a pic of him! lol
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:52:47 09/04/2012 by Seewolfe78
#211 Posted: 04:47:14 09/04/2012
^ If you're talking about the second to last picture in my post on the third page, then you're right.

Here it is:

[User Posted Image]
*Picture courtesy of Postalgoddess*
It's the picture of Stump Smash's head on the corner of the "Win" circle.

Edit:

To Xero:

Funny thing is, I was just thinking about that He-man toy and how the Stump Smash should have patches of that kind of flocking on it so it looks like it's covered in moss.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:52:35 09/04/2012 by OpalOsprey
#212 Posted: 04:52:57 09/04/2012
I still have all my Masters of the Universe figures...lol...like 45 of em.
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#213 Posted: 04:53:34 09/04/2012
Quote: Tashiji
It's really hard to tell what we're getting. If they send us a figure personally, it could be anything. If they just send us a coupon in an envelope, at least we'l get a freebie when they release the re-poses this summer. Either way, regardless of what we get or what technicality we get it on, I suspect everybody here will cash in on this. It's just not like a company to do damage control, even if this is a system error, by telling everybody they actually didn't win and they gave away all their personal information for nothing. System glitch though it may be (and the jury's still out), I'm pretty sure we'll be getting the figures.

Won't the reposes come after Giants? It wouldn't make much sense to release them before.

I also wouldn't put it past them to have the expiration date on any coupons to be before Giants...
#214 Posted: 04:58:08 09/04/2012
To Xero:
^ Wow smilie! I only had around three or five of them. The ones that I remember were He-man, Trap Jaw and Skeletor ( I think that Moss Man was my dad's or bro's). They are long gone by now, I'm not sure what happened to them but they probably were trashed after time.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:58:31 09/04/2012 by OpalOsprey
#215 Posted: 05:25:05 09/04/2012
I'll post a pic of it...here's my nephew with some of them...this is the same nephew I gave my 1st collection to! My bro just downloaded the Skylanders iphone game for him...so in a month he'll be all set for rocking Skylanders for a long time! smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
#216 Posted: 05:52:54 09/04/2012
^ That's a nice picture, he looks happy =). All of the toys and figures that you gave him should last him a long time and then he can hand them down to his kids or nephews. I'm saving all of my Skylanders, toys and video games for when I have kids so they can enjoy them too.
---

Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#217 Posted: 09:02:07 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I can't believe whoever is saying that one of these promos is a fake. Are you suggesting someone in this forum created a duplicated method of entry to gather your personal info???? This topic was created to clear things up about the contest, and it has, over time. I have posted pics of all three different contests...and I too have both phone numbers and two different odds of winning here in front of me. Sounds to me like that person probably shouldn't be using the Internet if they are that paranoid of someone getting their phone number and address, which is public information anyway. Seriously???? If you don't wanna provide it, then don't participate.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#218 Posted: 09:21:32 09/04/2012
My wife called the 800 number for me and after she lost she seemed so dejected about never winning anything I had her call the 866 number also. Of course she won. I started thinking economically how disasterous shipping out all these free skylanders would be.

I think the strategy is to send out coupons. Use the fan nation to go to their stores buy up the excess supply of skylandrs that are currently being shippd out by the hundreds in an effort to make sure the shlv sar clear and retailers are favorable with the concept of carrying Giants. This seems to be nothing but a PR stunt to stay in good terms with retailers. However, the fans will benefit with whatever would have been warming a shelf for free. This strategy also explains why the legal for this contst specifically states the winner is responsible for all taxes.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#219 Posted: 09:32:11 09/04/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ That's a nice picture, he looks happy =). All of the toys and figures that you gave him should last him a long time and then he can hand them down to his kids or nephews. I'm saving all of my Skylanders, toys and video games for when I have kids so they can enjoy them too.

hopefully the wii/controllers/toys/disc still works and the cables to connect are compatible with the future tvs after 30 years....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:33:25 09/04/2012 by kappapopm
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#220 Posted: 14:07:02 09/04/2012
Same results with the Instant Win phone lines as before: Won with 866. Lost with 800.

I think whoever said that they're just giving out the 11k Skylanders to the first 11k callers may be right, even though I've heard of a small handful of people losing to this line. It seems to be really, really hard to lose to.

I also seriously think that the codes are the best way to win the flocked Stumpy. I've called the 800 with at least two different phones for the past four days and haven't had any luck. At one point I even called with six different phones and still had no luck. Getting the Instant Win for the flocked Stumpy is rather difficult. I give my congrats to anyone who manages to snag one this route.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#221 Posted: 14:17:14 09/04/2012
i checked every store in town (Lasalle il) and no one has the flocked stumpy bag. I did manage to find a WIN a skylander bag at walmart tho. Of course i won that, but that should be no surprise at this point. Truth be told, im not keeping the stump smash if i DO happen to get one. il just trade it or simply give the thing away. Im only interested in reptilian/dragon variants after all
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#222 Posted: 14:19:24 09/04/2012
You know, you might be able to use the code from any of the bags. You just have to enter them on the /fritolaycharacter site, rather than the other ones.

Someone could try that and confirm for us. They all use the same 8 digit code thing so I imagine any would work.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#223 Posted: 14:25:54 09/04/2012
wish id have thought of that before i used my code :/
pakman916 Green Sparx Gems: 309
#224 Posted: 14:28:43 09/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
You know, you might be able to use the code from any of the bags. You just have to enter them on the /fritolaycharacter site, rather than the other ones.

Someone could try that and confirm for us. They all use the same 8 digit code thing so I imagine any would work.

I tried that, it didn't work. Although, it appears that if you access one site, it counts towards your "once a day".

Also, for those of you that think one of the sites is fake, I can confirm portalgoddess and everyone else...both numbers are real. All 3 websites are real. I don't blame you for thinking one of the sites could be stealing your information because at first, I felt that way myself, but once I saw the Yellow logo bags, I realized it's all legit.

And as another person stated, Walmart has BOTH the White logo ($1 off) bags and the Yellow Logo (WIN) bags. But the blue logo bags with the picture of stump smash seem to be the hardest to find. I'm going to head out during lunch to try and track these down.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:35:07 09/04/2012 by pakman916
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#225 Posted: 15:09:28 09/04/2012
I played and won the 1866 game today. Lost the 1800 game. Just like everyone.

Someone should ask for that winners list. I'm wondering if anyone will actually get this "prize". Are we sure that the prize is not just an unlock for skylanders universe?
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#226 Posted: 15:31:21 09/04/2012
Quote: Graz73
I played and won the 1866 game today. Lost the 1800 game. Just like everyone.

Someone should ask for that winners list. I'm wondering if anyone will actually get this "prize". Are we sure that the prize is not just an unlock for skylanders universe?

I think this is a PR stunt to make the Skylander brand look good to retailers. After a sudden blitz of merchandise retailers will inevitably be left with a few of the less desireable and earlier skylanders as shelf warmers. Create a contest that attracts die hard Skylander fanatics leyt them all win thousands of free skylander coupons. The retailers are happy because customers are now coming back to clear out the shelves of undesireable skylanders reigniting the craze right before Giants comes out. The retailers get reimbursed in full or part for the purchase through the coupon and have an increased desire and shelf room for the figures for the sequel.

Expect to recieve a coupon(s) for a free skylander that expires before 10/1/12 and be activisions garbage man. I have my collection almost complete but if I can get some freebies for my step son who still needs ten or so count me in. I live in NH so I do not even have to pay sales tax. Activision is smart by doing this and no one seems to lose.
dantilly Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#227 Posted: 18:14:04 09/04/2012
I plan on entering once a day as well smilie

Who can turn down free Skylanders? Especially when its this easy!

Just hope we end up getting all these prizes..
---
Wreck-N-Roll!!
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#228 Posted: 18:33:12 09/04/2012
Imagine if they come busting in and telling us, since we knowingly abused a broken system and entered more than once we get nothing! smilie
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#229 Posted: 18:39:13 09/04/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Quote: Tashiji

Won't the reposes come after Giants? It wouldn't make much sense to release them before.

I also wouldn't put it past them to have the expiration date on any coupons to be before Giants...

They may, they may not. My theory is, since they work with the old game, Activision will probably try to milk collectors, kids, and gamers who want both paths, just a little bit more before Giants is released. What better way than introducing the new re-poses, dangling the carrot of Giants in front of everyone's collective face, and "retiring" the older characters, driving up demand on both fronts? It's just a theory, though. It's what I would do if I were in their shoes. For now, we don't know definitively one way or the other.
#230 Posted: 18:42:28 09/04/2012
Quote: StormbringerGT
Imagine if they come busting in and telling us, since we knowingly abused a broken system and entered more than once we get nothing! smilie

I just had a vision of men in black suits breaking into all of our homes with the addresses we have given them to take or photographs as they explain we get nothing for calling in multiple times. Later we discover they have used our images synched with our digitally recorded voices from the phone calls to create a nefarious race of androids. I think activision may officially be evil if this happens.
#231 Posted: 18:51:13 09/04/2012
Quote: ItsJustMe

I just had a vision of men in black suits breaking into all of our homes with the addresses we have given them to take or photographs as they explain we get nothing for calling in multiple times. Later we discover they have used our images synched with our digitally recorded voices from the phone calls to create a nefarious race of androids. I think activision may officially be eviler if this happens.

I fixed it for you.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6384
#232 Posted: 19:44:34 09/04/2012
OMG my friend CrazDro101 is at my house, we called 1866 and lost!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
bensdady Yellow Sparx Gems: 1702
#233 Posted: 19:44:51 09/04/2012
i just called and lost the 866 number one also the 800. Figured i would let everyone know you don't win everytime.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#234 Posted: 20:45:24 09/04/2012
Looks like a) they fixed the 866 number or b) the random skylanders are gone.

I just called and my friend just called and we DID NOT WIN!!!

HAHA... So maybe all 11,000 random Skylanders are accounted for.
#235 Posted: 21:07:06 09/04/2012
Since u could play once a day how many times did you guys call/play online?
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#236 Posted: 21:10:05 09/04/2012
Quote: Himewad
Quote: DrillSarge
Gamemaster will have a heart attack.if there is an exclusive figure. He will never be able to get 5 of these. Unless he pays 10 grand on ebay.

But he could buy 50,000 bags of Fritos trying.

HECK YEAH! Ever since I was a kid, I've been eating my version of a "Frito Pie." So, this is a good excuse to plop out 100 bucks to try my hand at getting one.

If I can't win with 100 dollars worth of these, I won't win at all. smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#237 Posted: 21:14:35 09/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: Himewad
Quote: DrillSarge
Gamemaster will have a heart attack.if there is an exclusive figure. He will never be able to get 5 of these. Unless he pays 10 grand on ebay.

But he could buy 50,000 bags of Fritos trying.

HECK YEAH! Ever since I was a kid, I've been eating my version of a "Frito Pie." So, this is a good excuse to plop out 100 bucks to try my hand at getting one.

If I can't win with 100 dollars worth of these, I won't win at all. smilie

Just make sure you get the correct bags. smilie Benefit from the mistakes of others. (such as myself).
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#238 Posted: 21:20:16 09/04/2012
Correct bags?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#239 Posted: 21:45:24 09/04/2012
There are pictures near the middle of the third page of this post topic. There are three variant contests. The one you want is the blue circle with a picture of a furry stump smash over it. There is also a 1-800 line associated with this figure that you can win for free but the free number is not paying out for anyone.
#240 Posted: 23:38:30 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I called the 866#....I won in the wee hours of the morning from one line, and lost this afternoon from another line. It looks like they fixed the glitches. I kinda had a feeling things would change come Monday, when Frito Lay offices actually opened up after the long weekend. smilie wonder if all the game card entries are still working...as I was 4 for 4 over the weekend. Anyone with a code out there, give us an update as to wins or losses, please. Interested to see!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:41 09/04/2012 by Postalgoddess
#241 Posted: 23:39:08 09/04/2012
Holy **** just won the Flocked Stump Smash! Been calling since the promo started on 4 different phone lines!

It didn't say when he comes out though, so as soon as I get mine I'll take pics.
---
#242 Posted: 23:40:52 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Holy **** just won the Flocked Stump Smash! Been calling since the promo started on 4 different phone lines!

It didn't say when he comes out though, so as soon as I get mine I'll take pics.

You won on the 800#??? Congrats!!!
---
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#243 Posted: 23:41:58 09/04/2012
I don't understand how you can win. Do you need a bag of chips or will calling make you a winner too?
#244 Posted: 23:56:18 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zook
I don't understand how you can win. Do you need a bag of chips or will calling make you a winner too?

There is a no purchase necessary method of entry, you call the toll free number and enter your birthday, so they know you are old enough to enter. There are 2 contests. The 800# is for the flocked stump smash, and the 866# is for the random skylander. PM if you need the numbers.
---
tubsrnhc Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#245 Posted: 00:31:17 10/04/2012
i called both numbers from 3 phones. didnt win either. looks like i missed out on the glitch.
---
only need dark spyro
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#246 Posted: 00:33:01 10/04/2012
called the 866 number today and i did not win. so maybe everyone only won yesterday?
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#247 Posted: 00:41:43 10/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: exosquad
called the 866 number today and i did not win. so maybe everyone only won yesterday?

It has been an automatic win for everyone I know (on the 866#)...all weekend. I won everytime I called it, and so did everyone else I know.
---
#248 Posted: 00:42:00 10/04/2012
I won the 866 number at about 10 am est. Things have apparently changed since then
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#249 Posted: 00:51:06 10/04/2012
yeah i only won once on the 866, because i only called it once. i told all my friends about it and they all won yesterday too. but today is a different story.
now that we know/believe the 866 number isnt paying out. people should report if their entry cards from the bag of chips are still paying out (i bought 2 bags, the 1 dollar off and the win a skylander one, not the flocked one) i won with that card.
also, i went to the store today to see if they had any promo bags of the chips, and nothing. they were all just regular bags. this promotion probably sold out in record time.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#250 Posted: 01:17:15 10/04/2012
i won on my phone on the 866 this morning just called on my wifes phone and lost also lost on the 800 number both times again also have yet to see those chips in any store near me
First | Previous | Page 5 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me