Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Rainbow Factory: Episode 1: Dashies Escape(retake)
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Rainbow Factory: Episode 1: Dashies Escape(retake) [CLOSED]
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#151 Posted: 05:02:37 25/07/2013 | Topic Creator
A cylindrical machine, porcelain white, rose up from the floor across from Sicolus's container. Some cords we attached to openings in its sides and back. There was a light that lit up the floor around it, and a slight muffled engine sound. A low pitch sound started up from the base of the machine, "It's ready, now," one of the scientists pushed down on a pedal under wall terminal.

The motor sound hummed as an electric ring rose from the base, and waved its way to the top into a wire that lead through the roof. The duel door slid apart as the cooling fog spread across the floor and faded into the ventilation. A dark hoof stepped out a little wobbly, "Uhgg," he the unicorn copy growled, "Where am I?" it asked stepping out into the room.

The unicorn scientists walked up with a device floating next to him with a rainbow shaped tip, "This is the Rainbow Factory's cloning sector, room 4 of 8," the devise floating next to him lit up, and pressed itself against the clone's flank to burn over the recreated cutie mark.

The Sicolus clone winced in the pain, "What is that for? Is it something you always do?" he asked backing away from the device that burned his flank.

"Just a way to recognize you better," the unicorn replied.

The Sicolus clone them turned to the tube holding the original, Who is that? Why do they look like me? he looked about the room as his other side was burned away.
--
Gulaven looked back at Namomo, "What does that mean?" he asked as he set up on the railing, "Now if you must feel useful, tell Rainbow Dash that I need her down in the labs. Now I must get going," he leaped over the rails.

"Just..." he had flown down to the bottom northern door, "Wanted to know what was with... the... orders," she finished herself.
--
Gift Wing found that the rare mixture floating before him was radiating a strong gravitational force, "The perfect endless power supply. The force of the stars, and the size of a field mouse," his face was bright with happiness, "The facory will never have another power shortage again."
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
Nyght Gold Sparx Gems: 2784
#152 Posted: 12:48:48 25/07/2013
Steel wound his way through the halls and stairwells until he finally reached his room...if you could call it that. A drafting table was up against the wall, covered in lists and blueprints. Crossing over to it, Steel snatched a thick book he knew was filled with various order numbers for everything the factory needed and flopped onto his cot. Opening the pages over his head, the pegasus was greeted by a heavy manilla envelope to the muzzle.
---
Be creative! Don't be afraid to try that new thing! Never let anyone drag you down!
SandmanOfTexas Gold Sparx Gems: 2334
#153 Posted: 13:03:57 25/07/2013
Sicolus had given up pretending to be normal, it was obvious at the this point they would not freely let him go. especially now that they have a replacement. Who's dumb idea was that anyways? try to appeal to the mercy of factory doctors, HA! A fools option. of course he had tried it and failed. "tsk, a poor copy of the original. He has already acknowledged pain, and demonstrated confusion. None of the earlier models would have ever showed such weakness, not without a back up plan anyways." Sicolus said "what is the point of cloning me anyways? I mean you want have the monster or you won't have control. There is no such thing as a useful me."
---
At this point, life is just one hell of a ride!
#154 Posted: 01:01:45 27/07/2013 | Topic Creator
"He is obviously more stable and understanding than you are," the unicorn said as the floating device was dropped onto a table of data sheets. The clone approached the real Sicolus, but was stopped by a Pegasus who placed a cuff on his leg, "Our last little detail," the unicorn said as he walked over too, "It'll keep track of vital signs, so we know if you'll be alright... We've had a run in with clones dieing before they are a week old... Plus's it will double as an ID card, access to... certain areas the Doctor has ordered he, you have access to." he paused and looked at the clone who was staring down the original.

"Doctor?" he asked finally looking around the room finding cameras in two corners of the room.

"A very smart pony actually, he has made most of the products the Factory uses daily," the unicorn replied, "Though he has been acting rather strange lately."
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5183
#155 Posted: 17:19:30 27/07/2013
Hellena coughed, before continuing. "If you want a straight answer, fine. Loony. Interpret it as you will."
---
self professed austGAYlian
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#156 Posted: 20:04:06 27/07/2013
As I reach the area, I fly up and start to work. The usual hammering and clanging of metal can be heard throughout the area as I work on the ventilation system. I wipe sweat from my brow as I continue to work away.
#157 Posted: 07:36:34 28/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Namomo strolled over into the tri-hall connecting the refinery, the cell western cell block, and Gulaven's office. She happen to look up at a clank sound from above her, seeing Starlight at work, "Excuse me, worker," she started with mind still full of thought.
--
Gift Wing stepped out into the lab halls and looked around. An intercom that connected all the labs, was posted out in front of the door. There was one outside all of the labs, set up on the back sides of them all on the only deviance from the glass(a cement pillar). He smiled to himself as he approached the controls, but stopped and looked into the lab it sat on, seeing the grey remains of the ponies. Some twitched, meaning they weren't dead for but only a half hour, or maybe some had survived the extraction, Is this something to be proud of? He would often question himself.

A brown Pegasus came by looking at Gift Wing, "Hey big white, something getting ya down?" he asked as he stopped to talk to the now tired face of the scientist.

Gift Wing looked over to the brown Pegasus in a lab coat, cutie mark covered, with an extraordinarily large pen shape within his coat pocket, "I don't recognize you... Who are you?" he turned his body to face him as well.

"Oh, yes, I'm John... John Smith. I work over in room 122 mostly," he held up a small page kept inside a leather fold over. This blue eyed blue haired Pegasus replied with an odd tone, like he wasn't from Cloudsdale or Ponyville for that matter.

"We don't have name tags," Gift Wing said a bit in suspicion, "Besides 122 is the storage room. No experiments have happened there for three years," Gift Wing tilted his head.

"Ah... Yeah... I do... a lot of... inventory work," he trailed off a bit, "Oh, which reminds me," he snapped back, "Were you busy? If you were or are, I should leave you to it then," he stepped back and to the side to continue past Gift Wing.
---
#158 Posted: 10:09:26 28/07/2013
Hearing someone below me I fly down and land beside her smiling.

"Yes what is it that you needed, um Miss," I say as I wipe sweat from my brow.
#159 Posted: 16:53:39 28/07/2013
Steel sat the book down and carefully opened the envelope lying on his face. It was a heavy packet of meticulously hoof-drawn schematics and calculations, all his own. His cybernetic leg, his wing, replacement organs and muscle augmentation. It was all there, but that wasn't everything. The machines took a drastic turn immediately. Flank mounted guns of all types, a railgun, bombs of all sorts. Steel didn't remember doing these, but he could see the pegasus he called Ripper standing in the corner.
The last schematic was another bomb, a massive one. So many components, yet the mechanations were simple. A twenty-megaton payload of.....uranium-236. A hoof-written note was scrawled in the corner.

For Gulaven's eyes only
-Steel Pteryx
---
Be creative! Don't be afraid to try that new thing! Never let anyone drag you down!
#160 Posted: 02:22:36 29/07/2013
"Oh understanding? I understand a lot more than you think. Its funny how arrogant you are in your white coat, like there is no possible way to fail" Sicolus laughed. He turned to the clone "you my friend have no idea the joys of life, well the. Loss of it anyways. These pansies will tell you this is right and this is wrong, but for us there is no point for rules. We are already abominations, act like one."
---
Dusty arrived back at the factory still a little buzzed. He was also happy that he finally got to talk to someone who knew where he was coming from, but it was time to get back to work.
---
Ooc: I am going to be gone this week guys, sorry. But I will be back fear not.
---
#161 Posted: 01:05:30 31/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Namomo looked at the young worker, "Well I was only going to ask if you required anything... Oh, Namomo is my name, I live to serve the other workers here in factory. Eh, how long, if you don't mind me asking, have you worked here?"
--
Gift Wing smiled slightly at the strange Pegasus, "Who?" he asked himself as the "worker" turned down one of the other halls. Shaking his head with a small laugh, "Just another one that's gone crazy," he turned back to the com system to his left, looking directly at the "office" button.
--
The red scientist overlooking Hellena looked back to see the room was fairly clear, "No one here by that name," she turned back to Hellena, "Take her down to the labs, room 45. Have her scanned and cleaned, then Gulaven can have her. She started walking away as the carrier was pulled toward a large elevator set of doors. The room's roof was quite high, considering it was a Pegasus facility.
--
Gulaven came down to the labs, where had chosen to talk with Rainbow Dash. He waited here by the stair well door, checking a clock that was posted just in front of this door, [i]I'll give her 3 minutes, but it shouldn't even be that long.
---
#162 Posted: 02:03:58 31/07/2013
"Doesn't matter." Hellena snorted, idly scratching a patch of burnt fur just above her chest. Wonderful. Maybe I'll get a cavity check if I'm lucky. "I have standards about this sort of thing."
---
#163 Posted: 03:16:03 31/07/2013
"Well I don't need anything at the moment but I'll let you know if I do. As for how long I've worked here. Man that's the thing, this has been my life. I started working here many years back after me and my friend Rainbow Dash were abducted as foals and taken here. Its been a very long time. If you want a more accurate time frame you'll have to ask my father, Steel. He's the one that took me in and taught me everything I know. Well I'd better get back to work, it was nice meeting you Namomo," I say smiling and waving at her before returning to work again.
#164 Posted: 10:05:59 31/07/2013 | Topic Creator
"Huhh, Rainbow Dash," she turned quickly and ran out the door, Forgot so early. Ooo I hope it's not too long. She dropped back down to the lowest floor to enter the extraction room just as one of the bodies hit the floor, making her jump.

Rainbow Dash was seated behind the window across from the entry door. She noticed Namomo from the control room, realizing everytime she saw this pony meant Dr. Gulaven wanted to see her. She sighs as she gets up and out to the room, "Yes?" already knowing what it is, just "where" is the question.
--
The red scientist pony followed the carrier down into the labs, they were in the northern most section of the floor, "The Doctor will find a use for her, a unicorn with a burning desire to make things... well burn. Maybe a reactor room job, or steam engine room, or possibly remove her hoon and have her tested on. Not my problem in about an hour," she walked out of the elevator and led the way to room 45.
---
#165 Posted: 13:32:36 31/07/2013
Rem- Remove my horn? Hellena's snakelike pupils shrunk, thinking about possibilities. So much effort put into the more destructive arts, wasted. Not good enough for her employer's eyes. Not good enough for-
'It won't come to that.' Loony said, finally making a straight-forward appearance. A light pink unicorn colt with a serious expression. Hard to think that he wasn't really real.
'Maybe the Doctor or whoever he is will understand what you want. Even bribe him, or whatever.'
We both know that won't work.
'Perhaps not.'
---
#166 Posted: 21:21:52 31/07/2013 | Topic Creator
The red scientist looked back at the unicorn as they brought the carrier through the large doors(the labs closest to the supply lift(big elevator) are normally large enough for the carrier), "Don't worry too much, we won't remove it if you play nicely," she grinned showing a more cleanly cut set of sharp teeth, this caused the slight speech alteration in her voice, "Never know what you would be good for."

A scientists with a blue mane walked up, "So this is our new addition then?" he looked intently into the carrier, "Right, lets get her out and start this little testing process."

The red mare looked at the Pegasus oddly, "I don't remember you working here, what is your name?" she asked signaling the guards to release the carrier from their saddles.

"John Smith, and I'm a bit new to this part of the factory, so if you don't mind sticking around to help me out," he continued to a small table next to a bunch of needles and wires.

"No, I must get back up top where I am needed, not down in this hole you call a lab," the red mare grunted leaving the room letting the door shut behind her.

"Well now that she is out of our hair," he turned to one of the guards, "Can I get some assistance here, maybe another scientists or doctor perhaps?"

The guard nodded, "Doctor Theta may be free at the moment, I'll track yet down for you," the guard nodded and left the others there.

The blue maned scientist turned to the last guard, "I might need a few cups and some cleortic(made up) acid... Made no since," ha paused, "Oh, I'll need some uh uh uh, batteries, sorry minds shooting blanks," he shuffled around some of the lab room's equipment, "And... A pint of milk if you can get some."

"Uh... I'll get right on it," the guard replied slowly. He turned to leave, but looked back a few times before the door closed.
---
#167 Posted: 02:41:24 01/08/2013
Steel pulled the schematic from his eyes only to meet the other pegasus standing over him.
"Show it to him. Show Gulaven the bomb." he demanded.
"I can't do that. Besides, it's not really factory related."
"Not related? Gulaven respects scientific and mechanical achievement. This could really impress him!"
"Why would you want to? You hate the Doctor." Steel asked suspiciously.
"Put me back in control." he extended his hoof. "Everything will reveal itself in due time."
Steel stared at the hoof, conflicted.
---
#168 Posted: 04:26:00 01/08/2013
"...Ahh..." she groaned beneath her breath, supporting a small blowtorch delicately between hooves. Theta narrowed her eyes beneath her goggles, completely focused on the small gap remaining between two bits of metal, and the tip of the blue, gas produced flame. "Almost there, and... Yes!" The scientist couldn't help uttering a small yip of excitement. Little projects between work like these always put her in a pleasant mood. Especially finishing them.

All in all, it wasn't much worth to anypony except herself. It was a small, detailed model of a once well-known changeling queen that stalked the North, replicated with metal from few illustrations of the menace.

"That was fun while it lasted." Theta mused to herself, neatening up a finished stack of paperwork. "I enjoyed that one."
---
rayslotman Green Sparx Gems: 133
#169 Posted: 08:16:52 01/08/2013
Name: Scruffy
Appearance: [User Posted Image] ponify this SCRUFFY
Position: Janitorial Master Applicant/Custodian/attendantsuperintendent gatekeeper caretaker concierge super porter house sitter sitter sweeper doorkeeper cleaning person doorperson watchperson.
Personality: Scruffy
Other: Scruffy on brake

Name: Versilies
Appearance: Midnight blue coat, light blue mane/tail, cutie mark is a scroll with the word treaty
Position: Prisoner cell block 2B
Personality: Hates violence, meek.

Name: Ray
Appearance: http://spyrod.deviantart.com/a...%253A1375347906
Personality: Kind hearten, Strong in a fight.
---
TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:16:29 01/08/2013 by rayslotman
#170 Posted: 23:55:18 02/08/2013
Steel merrily trotted from his room, singing a tune in his head, as his teeth were clenching a thick stack of orders and a manilla envelope. First things first, he needed the orders to be approved by Gulaven. Then the packet of schematics, minus his prosthetic ones,of course .
---
#171 Posted: 01:05:20 03/08/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: sorry guys, haven't been able to focus.
Accepted(Scruffy is a comic relief character(like what I've been trying with Dr. Whooves))

(Well since I kinda said it already) Dr. Whooves looked into the carrier at Hellena and did a more annalistic look over of the unicorn, "Why are you talking to somepony who is not really there?" he watched her eyes mostly, "This figure is real to you aren't they? Then again, I've had a run in with invisible creatures before," he then looked about the carrier, "Well seems harmless so far anyway," the carrier's door opened. Seeing more clearly, the beaten mare, "Oh my, what happened to you?" he reached up a hoof to hold her head for a better look, "Just having this appearance with start you off bad with these ponies..." he backed up and trotted quickly to an intercom system just outside the door, "I need a medic down in lab 45," he returned to the lab room.
--
Namomo kept calm and took a deep breathe, "Rainbow Dash," she exhaled, "The Doctor needs you down in the labs."

Rainbow Dash stepped out shortly after, "Hm, alright," she sighed walking over to the other side of the extraction chamber, "I'm on my way then," she seemed a little lighter from earlier, "He has been gone for a while, where was he?"

"He said he had a lot of work in his office. Didn't make sense, but we shouldn't doubt Dr. Gulaven," Namomo answered with a slight giggle, "Thing is, he never left his office once. He was never seen by any cameras, but happens to know what has happened recently," she had a little smile, "Alright, off you go, already late enough... Well I am."

Rainbow Dash nodded, "Yeah, but did he tell you what he needed me?"

"No, nothing. Just said to send you to the labs to find him," Namomo replied stepping outside as Rainbow Dash followed, "I'll have another pony cover your position till you get back."
---
#172 Posted: 01:22:42 03/08/2013
Hellena winced as the touch brushed against the raw burns at the left side of her face.. "Careful with that." she hissed painfully, eyes narrowing slightly. "It's only a few months old."
Not that they can do anything to help it, she continued mentally, looking away as she heard the doctor talk into the intecom. The medic said it's a waste of time trying to fix this. Magical influence preventing treatment, or something.
---
#173 Posted: 02:35:42 03/08/2013
Ray enters lab 45 carrying a satchel of basic supplies. I am here to stabilize the patient, before moving them to my office, where are they.
---
#174 Posted: 18:54:58 03/08/2013
Dusty walked through the hallways of the factory. His duties for the day where done so all he had to do was make sure no pony escaped, but this quickly led to boredom. So he decided to check in on one of the factory's newest 'guests' and was making his way lab 45.
---
#175 Posted: 03:07:55 05/08/2013 | Topic Creator
The Doctor looked around the carrier to Ray, "Uh yes, she has severe burns over her body... Some look to have scared, others... New," he turned back to Hellena, "Burns that last months? Doesn't sound like something found here," he turned to the chemical set up, tubes, beakers, and cases for the syringes, "No no no, nothing here is useful," he put a hoof on his head, "Ahh come on," he then turned back to Ray, "Alright, uh, just see what you can do about her muzzle."
--
Rainbow Dash walked the path through the cell block to the stairwell leading down to the labs, "So Gulaven needs me right after he makes a return," she adds as she reaches the lab door, "Sir?" she smirked as he was sitting just on the other side, "You asked for me."

"Yes," Gulaven stood, "I requested you meat me here to let you know that I have... made the decision," he started walking down aisle following the labs to the northern sector, "I am going to have decline your request... And I'm sorry," he turned to Rainbow Dash who was stopped back by the door which was held open by her flank, "At least... not now..."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:35:34 05/08/2013 by SpyroD
#176 Posted: 04:34:07 05/08/2013
"Of course it wouldn't." the unicorm replied. "I don't want the scars of my magic to heal on anyone. I don't make exceptions."
---
#177 Posted: 10:06:58 05/08/2013 | Topic Creator
"You are here for something, or someone," The Doctor added looking back to Hellena, slowly approaching again, "The guards kept you. By your face, I'd say it's because you are either expected or needed," he raised a hoof to the sonic screwdriver in his pocket, but stopped, "No, not that," he thought tohimself for a second. He leaned a little closer to look at her eyes, "You're going to need my help to find what it is you are looking for," he turned away quickly, "But it's too soon, it'll have to wait for a later time," he opened a side of his coat to show a scarf, the exact same as the one Hellena has, "It's ok, you'll learn to trust me."
--
"Why not, you know I'm too young for most of your tests, why are you keeping me? Why am I so special?" Rainbow Dash walked after Dr. Gulaven, "I know you don't need me for work, there are many other who can take my place," she was getting short on breathe as she started gaining hunger for the information.

Gulaven simply put a hoof on her shoulder, "Come with me... I have something to show you," he made a right to head west, toward the tech labs. They walked quietly to the larger rooms where the ponies were more active, and the machines moved heavy objects. He lead her to the lab 127, "I have given strict orders to make you something you need not loose," Gulaven walked into the lab which had four scientists working on computers, with a the fourth on the controls of two mechanical arms that dealt with hazardous materials inside a glass cealled chamber. There was a cercular, glass, container with a pair of goggles. These goes matched the shade of her red eyes for the lenses, and the same blue hue of her body, "They may look like colored versions of the original sets, well they technically are, but they are made just for you. Large enough for you to grow into," the tapped a few buttons on the consol that was built into the container. The glass slid away and the goggles were pushed out on a platform that extended out at Gulaven.

Rainbow Dash stepped up, "Why would I need these, I'm protected in the control room. Besides, they are shaded in red," she looked from the goggles to Gulaven.
--
Gift Wing let his hoof off the button to hear, "Yeah, she had me do that last week," the voice laughed and Gift Wing joined, "So yeah," they calmed, "I'll notify the "jockies" for ya," he let out a soft laugh from the previous conversation.

"Good, we need to get this thing up soon, it'd save us lots," Gift Wing started away, "Alright later," he said his goodbye and left the com to re-enter his lab to find the item he had created was pulling small objects towards it, "It floats, yet it has it's own gravity field," he commented as he went on studying this anomaly, "Lost only colors that require blue to make, and it just dropped like rain."
---
#178 Posted: 12:46:27 05/08/2013
Steel halted in his tracks. He had no idea where he was going. Gulaven was probably still lurking about the facility, more than likely somewhere Steel didn't have proper clearance to. He couldn't just leave the prints in his boss' mailbox either. So he sat in the hall adjacent to the labs, pondering his options.
---
#179 Posted: 12:47:07 05/08/2013
Dusty strolled through the hallways remembering his life before the factory. The dreams of all he had killed didn't bother him, he refused to let it, it was his job and he was not going to apologize for it. What really got in his head was the death of friends. He didn't like the idea of growing attached to something, not even when he was younger, but at that time he felt them invincible.

"so I am soaking wet and League is about 2 kliqs away, and then Airen gives me worse knews. I am paired with the maniac" Drench said with laughter as he took another swig of cider. The whole team, besides the captain(Celestia rest his soul), was crowded around the table. There was Drench who was the aquatic expert, an earthpony. League who was the heavy muscle also an earthpony as well as an older member of the group, he was nearing retirement so he could spend the rest of his life with wife and kids. There was Airen who was a pegasus, primarily scout and air support. And then there was Chem, he was the engineer, a unicorn genius. Dusty was by far the most scarred, only League came close to the amount of wounds Dusty had suffered. "you had better be glad. Only an idiot would get right in the middle of camp with no plan of attack" Airen laughed. "so does he come in stealthily? does he sneak in and save my plot?" Drench continued "Hell no! this fool runs in and starts running a muck. I am surprised we didn't both die". "Hey thats called violence of action, its a legitimate tactic" Dusty defended. "yeah only problem is now I had to drag your sorry carcass out of there" League said. "You should of seen it, he was fighting like a possessed pony. I was a little scared myself" Drench said. Airen turned toward Dusty "I really think you should see doc about that. No pony just keeps going on like that, it can't be healthy mentally". "I am fine, the dreams aren't all that bad" Dusty waved off. "we have all shed our own weight in blood, but I agree you need to see a psychiatrist" Chem spoke up. "I am fine." Dusty said a little more irritated "its a method." "come on guys we came here to have fun, not argue" League said trying to play peace maker. They where dropped a few more ciders by the waitress. "you remember how captain used to pay?" Drench said. "yeah but now you have to foot the bill" Airen laughed. "no, no we had a deal. You pay this time around" Drench replied. "you lost the bet, you pay" Airen replied calmly. "Tis true" Dusty agreed. Drench turned his sights on Dusty "oh yeah, weren't you going to ask that waitress out?" Dusty turned a little red "yeah I had planned to". "oh the great warrior scared of a mare?" Drench mocked. "Tell you what. I don't ask her today, I will pay" Dusty said with a smug grin. "sounds good to me" Drench said satisfied. Dusty got up and walked to the bathroom. He stared at his scars trying to build confidence. "look at me" he laughed "numerous near deaths and I got butterflies". He stepped out seeing the crew being served yet another round. Then there was a roar from outside. everpony turned to look only to see a wall of flame engulf that half of the bar. Dusty flew back as the team disappeared in the flame. He felt a burning sensation across his side as he blacked out.
---
#180 Posted: 16:38:24 05/08/2013
"Trust is a dangerous thing." Hellena voiced quietly, eyeing the scarf warily. "How is it that I found more trust in a band of mercenaries, a changeling, than I have in the solar princess?"
---
#181 Posted: 16:50:00 05/08/2013
Steel pulled the packet from his teeth and held,it out with his hooves. It immediately dropped to the floor with a thud.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.
The dead leaves were crisp under his hooves as he trotted. Weaving through the trees, he spotted it. An old white page tacked to the bark of a twisted oak.
"Target located. Retrieving." He said into a small radio.
Boom. Boom. Boom.
Those weren't his hoofsteps. He whipped around quickly

Steel sat frozen in the hall, hooves outstretched over his booklet of papers.
---
#182 Posted: 00:27:44 06/08/2013
"What a strange pony." Ray thought to himself "don't worry I will see what I can do." he says as he turns to the patient looking her over, "well obviously your muzzle is busted but the good news is that we can easily fix that." He looks at her with a gentle smile before reaching into his satchel and taking out a syringe. "Now this is a small sedative to help with the pain you, are gonna have to trust me." He said as he leans in to give the sedative. "Now I should warn you this sedative takes some time to become fully effective now lets see if we can't set that muzzle to heal."
---
#183 Posted: 11:15:16 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
"Yeah, sometimes it's used against you..." The Doctor froze for a second. His coat dropped close, "Let's just clean you up first," he walked over to a counter with papers and a computer monitor to set quietly looking over what was there.
--
The mechanical rear-legged Pegasus was out on a strole through the halls of the Factory's main offices of work, passing by cubicals with ponies at work at their technology-less desks. Most advanced piece of material was a stapler, just not like what it is inside the glossy shell the Factory hides in. It worked much like a regular office, papers being transported to files, other ponies, or to delivery trucks for mailing, shipping, or trashed. A pony thinks he is the highest raking worker in the area, when really is tricked into believing he is a boss. He is though, only to make the illusion of a regular buro going about daily chores. These half-wits keep the stories believable. Sure enough, they will stumble upon something. At first sign of knowledge of the Factory's true meaning, and Gulaven will have them extracted from their job. If they are useful to the Factory, he always finds something they can be used for. the Pegasus thought to himself as he reached the old steel door.
--
Handing the goggles to Rainbow Dash, "You are a special girl, my dear," he smiled at her. His smile faded as he leaned in closer, "You'll have to make a choice soon... One must be chosen, neither will end the way you'd wish," he looked up at the scientists, "But for know, just keep your work clean," his smile started to come back, "The Factory is not as bad a place as most would say. It brings the world cures, information, happiness. We have been since the first rainbow," he looked back down to Rainbow Dash who had placed the goggles atop ber head, "Alright, off you go. The quota of extractions is a little down this week, better hurry along then."

Rainbow Dash curiously looked around for a second, "Well... With... Ehh," she sighed, "Alright, I'll head back up to my station," she turned to walk out, "Where were you, sir?"
---
#184 Posted: 16:51:39 06/08/2013
Steel finally came to, gathering his wits as well as his papers. Trotting down the hall, he passed various laboratories. Occasionally he would poke his head in one and ask for Gulaven, to no avail. Reaching number 45, the pegasus poked his head in cautiously.
"Is the Doctor in here? Its really important." Steel asked.
---
#185 Posted: 17:08:14 06/08/2013
Hellena watched silently, ears twitching indignantly at the mention of the sedative.
Is he serious? she thought, glancing at the pink colt that stood by her leg.
'Yes. What do you think of the guy with the scarf?'
Maybe. He could be of... use.
---
#186 Posted: 18:20:59 06/08/2013
Steel caught sight of the gaunt unicorn. She was familiar, deadly familiar. He entered the room without invitation, her name,rolling off his tongue, even though he could not remember meeting her.
"Hellena?" He kept his distance to not alarm the scientists. "Firebug Hellena?"

OOC: Im assuming To Beat a Horror is,still canon. Btw I will be doing a retake on it soon. smilie
---
#187 Posted: 01:47:19 07/08/2013
"...Steel. It's been a while, hasn't it?" Hellena replied coldly, her coat bristling. "Well, that marks the end of my anonymity. But I don't seem to recall you mentioning that you were affiliated with this place." She turned away, ears flattened, before adding quietly, "Maybe I just forgot."
---
#188 Posted: 04:46:55 07/08/2013
Steel still couldn't put his hoof on where exactly he met Hellena. That is, until somepony answered him.
Ponyville. You met her in Ponyville. a shadowy figure reminded bitterly.
Steel's ears perked. That was impossible, he'd never been to that little rural town. Had he?
"I haven't been here long." Steel responded, waving his cybernetic prosthetic. He examined her a little closer. "You've gotten more burns, Firebug."
---
#189 Posted: 05:32:06 07/08/2013
"Please Miss I must ask you to refrain from speaking until your jaw heals properly." Ray says as he wraps her jaw with a bind from his satchel. "Now might I ask you to please follow me to the Infirmary so that we can see about those burns."
---
#190 Posted: 05:44:04 07/08/2013
Hellena's horn sparked, as if affirming her previous statement. There would be no healing if the volatile magic would allow it. That much seemed to be guaranteed by it's 'physical' manifestation. Loony wasn't looking too impressed.
We'll talk later, her eyes seemed to say as she stared at Steel. We both need it.
---
#191 Posted: 08:11:07 07/08/2013
"Please Miss I must ask you to refrain from speaking until your jaw heals properly." Ray says as he wraps her jaw with a bind from his satchel. "Now might I ask you to please follow me to the Infirmary so that we can see about those burns."
---
#192 Posted: 10:25:19 07/08/2013
Dusty finally made his way to lab 45. I wave of nostalgia hit him as he entered the room. Scanning the room he noticed everypony, but he also noticed the hospital like setting.

Dusty's eyes shot open. There was burning in his lungs, on his side and across his face. He was in a hospital hooked up to a heart monitor, a breathing machine and an IV going through his arm. A unicorn with a nitrogen tank. "if you hook that up to my breathing I will kill you before I pass out" Dusty said irritated and remembering the last time they got him on 'laughing gas'. The doctor quickly left the room. Dusty pulled off the all the equipment that binded him, he tried to get up but this was made difficult through an extremely sore rib cage caused by the concussion of the explosion. The doctor came back in as Dusty finally made it out of the bed "I do not suggest that, you have suffered some severe injuries including internal bleeding, broken ribs, and a punctured lung. Dusty became nauseous and dizzy. blood spewed from his mouth onto the floor. As much as he hated it, he obviously wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. "I'm going back to bed" Dusty said. As he crawled back into the hospital bed he remembered what happened. The pain struck his heart and he could only think he should be dead to.

Dusty blinked out of his trans "why are there no guards in here?"
---
#193 Posted: 12:49:16 07/08/2013
Steel winked at Hellena. "I was just leaving, Dusty." He said, turning on his hooves, packet underwing. "Say hi to Loony for me, Firebug."
With that, he exited the room.
---
#194 Posted: 20:53:08 07/08/2013
'He seems odd.' Loony stated, watching him leave. 'I don't like it.'
We all change. Remember the good old days? Back when we were young and innocent?
'We can never go back. We're too far gone. Steel, though. Something happened. Recently.'
Best we find out so- Then she noticed Dusty, instinctively triggering her magic as she drew forward.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:34:54 08/08/2013 by ReshiramForever
#195 Posted: 15:10:19 09/08/2013
ooc: I haven't been in contact with SpyroD for a while so I figure he is really busy. I am sure he will be back soon, probably by the end of this month, but thats just a theory. Considering I text him all the time it is strange not talking to him so fear not, this RP is still alive.

"calm down" Dusty said almost uncaring at what happened at that moment "I came to make sure you where ok and say sorry, as much as it kills me to do so. I don't ever lose control so that was quite embarrassing on my part. I don't expect you to forgive me but on that note I really don't care". He scanned the room again checking the corners and the doctors to make sure there was no threat, a habit he had developed. "I am guessing that is not the first fight you have ever been in?"
---
#196 Posted: 22:03:46 09/08/2013
Steel looked around the hall. Searching for Gulaven on hoof was a stupid idea. He was beginning to question himself and his motives. Innovative weapons probably wouldn't move him up the ranks of the Factory. Flank-mounted guns and a nuclear fission bomb? The latter would earn him a one-way ticket to the moon in a normal setting.
"What to do..."
---
#197 Posted: 23:03:36 09/08/2013
Several hours pass and I finish the work on the vent smiling as it is fully functional and looks like it is brand new. Flying down to the ground I put all my tools in my belt and start walking. If anyone has any work for me I am ready but for now a relaxing walk sound good.
#198 Posted: 04:13:32 10/08/2013
No, you weren't. Hellena scoffed mentally, horn glowing somewhat brighter. Loony?
'I suppose you want me to answer him.' Loony replied lazily, before adding, 'Are you sure you're up to it?'
Of course.
---
#199 Posted: 00:38:51 13/08/2013 | Topic Creator
The Doctor turned, as late as his reaction was, "Did somepony ask for me?" he saw Hellena and Dusty had some sort of communication going, "Sorry medic, but Hellena needs to stay here. Gulaven would be upset if protocol was broken." he looked about, "Was another pony here a minute ago?"
--
Gulaven smirked a little, "Factory business, I had some work that needed catching up on," he walked her out, "Just don't worry yourself with me, I'm sure here soon, the Factory will be worth working for."

Rainbow Dash didn't understand that last part fully, but it sounded like a big change was coming. A change he wanted her to be a part of, but for what could a young Pegasus mare do for such a facility? She thought on this as she left the lab halls and headed up the stairs.

Gulaven went to walking the lab halls, Do not fault my plans girl. I need you just as much as you will need me. He came upon lab 42 where Gift Wing had sealed the gravity well rainbow in a vacuumed glass container. "Is this the efforts of your work my friend?" he picked up the box to look at the discolored rainbow, "Strange subject, but very useful."

"Yes sir, it has the strength of a manticor, and the size of a rat," Gift Wing replied walking over to a paper with readings and studies on the odd figure, "How do you plan to use this creation?"

"With great care and knowledge... I'll have it sent to the Black Labs for further testing. I'll also see to it that you get your compensation for its creation," Gulaven set it back on the table top.
--
The guard knocks at Doctor Theta's door which was located in the main hall on the third floor, "Doctor, you have been requested for research support in the labs," he called as he lowered his hoof.
---
#200 Posted: 01:57:46 13/08/2013
Steel whipped around. A familiar fear-inducing pegasus had trotted into lab 42. Following suit, Steel clunked his way to the door outside the lab. Wasn't Gift Wing working on something secret here? Feeling his life and job were more,important than recognition, he waited outside,the door. He began tapping his metal hoof absentmindedly, clicking rather loudly in the hall.
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me