Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro and Legend of the Guardians
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Spyro and Legend of the Guardians [CLOSED]
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#151 Posted: 01:02:06 21/12/2010
Then they have made it much different from what you've said.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#152 Posted: 01:09:11 21/12/2010
I'm confusing myself. smilie Okay... The Pure Ones and the St. Aggies owls in the books were two different organizations. Soren and Gylfie didn't even know the Pure Ones existed once they escaped St. Aggies, until they found a dying owl in the second book, and it went something like this:

Gylfie: Who did this to you, was it St. Aggies?
Owl: Oh... if only it were St. Aggies...

Not long after, they find the Great Tree, and are introduced to Metal Beak, who is part of the Pure Ones, not St. Aggies, and Nyra. The Pure Ones are introduced at the end of the third book, when Soren and the band rescue Ezylryb from a fleck trap.

Is this making sense now? I'm confusing everybody, myself mostly. smilie
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
#153 Posted: 01:31:07 21/12/2010
Yeah, it is making sense. How different are the books? smilie
---
I draw stuff.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#154 Posted: 01:49:57 21/12/2010
I finally tried out the Xbox trial of the game, and frankly, I'm surprised at how well it works. Krome went off with a bang with this one. But I did hear about how the game was short.....
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#155 Posted: 20:21:06 21/12/2010
Quote: Bolt

More than you can imagine.
In the books, Kludd wasn't captured by St.Aggies like in the movie. He met Nyra and became intrested in the Pure Ones after she told him about it. Then he pushed Soren out to pass the initiation to become a Pure One. But since Soren lived, he had to kill his parents to pass initiation and turned Eglantine over to the Pure Ones to moonblink her into becoming a Pure One soilder.
And does anyone remember that Great Gray owl who was the head of one of the chaws, but turned out to be a traitor in the movie? Well guess what? He didn't even exist in the books.
#156 Posted: 20:24:18 21/12/2010
What, Alimere (I think that's how you spell it)? Nothing seems to be the same as the original thing anymore. First How to Train your Dragon and now this!
---
I draw stuff.
#157 Posted: 20:27:36 21/12/2010
Yeah, but How to Train Your Dragon was a fantastic movie regardless. I'm pretty sure Legend of the Gardians would equal the same result. First I gotta watch it.
#158 Posted: 20:31:00 21/12/2010
Yeah, though I think Legend of the Guardians is way better than How to Train Your Dragon.
But if it came down to how much it related to the books, HTTYD would be way worse than LotG. The only thing that is alike in that are the names I'd say. But LotG would sink pretty low.
---
I draw stuff.
#159 Posted: 20:40:07 21/12/2010
I have no doubt that How to Train Your Dragon was completeley revamped in the movie (never read the books) and ticked off most of the fans of the books, but How to Train your Dragon was still a good movie, nevertheless. I watched the movie three times and I am still nto sick of it.
But Legend of the Gaurdians isn't the same case. Even for the people who haven't read the books, the plot moves way to fast for people to understand what's going on and good jokes are practically non exisistant. the characters make very breif appearances so their hard to reconize when their grouped with other owls and their character development, well, there isn't any. The only thing this movie has is pretty pictures and the despration that people like mindless entertainment.
#160 Posted: 20:43:40 21/12/2010
I can understand the plot pretty easily. And for owls, they sure look unique, all of them really.
---
I draw stuff.
#161 Posted: 21:02:18 21/12/2010
Yeah, though I think Legend of the Guardians is way better than How to Train Your Dragon.

I haven't seen LotG yet, so I can't say anything about which is better. But take note of this (taken from Rotten Tomatoes):

How to Train Your Dragon: 98% approval
Legend of the Gardians: 50% approval
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#162 Posted: 21:33:16 21/12/2010
I never knew HTTYD was originally a book!smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#163 Posted: 22:49:06 21/12/2010
I did. When I heard they were doing a movie, I figured it would've been goofy or something, seeing as how I never read the book. But I loved the movie. Action packed and it made up for it's shortcomings.
#164 Posted: 23:05:01 21/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I never knew HTTYD was originally a book!smilie

Yeah, it was. I read the book after the movie and noticed how different it was. Then I disliked the movie a bit for just ripping off the idea for names and that...
---
I draw stuff.
#165 Posted: 23:05:11 21/12/2010
Quote: ignitusforever

More than you can imagine.
In the books, Kludd wasn't captured by St.Aggies like in the movie. He met Nyra and became intrested in the Pure Ones after she told him about it. Then he pushed Soren out to pass the initiation to become a Pure One. But since Soren lived, he had to kill his parents to pass initiation and turned Eglantine over to the Pure Ones to moonblink her into becoming a Pure One soilder.
And does anyone remember that Great Gray owl who was the head of one of the chaws, but turned out to be a traitor in the movie? Well guess what? He didn't even exist in the books.

Yes, and in the books Kludd is Metal Beak, not one of his soldiers. But like I said turning a book series into a movie is really hard, and considering that, I am pleased with how the movie turned out. To be honest, I didn't really expect the Pure Ones to be in the movie at all, until I saw Nyra in a movie trailer.
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
#166 Posted: 23:12:18 21/12/2010
Yeah, I would be hard. But they made it so different it's that hard to believe..
---
I draw stuff.
#167 Posted: 23:27:29 21/12/2010
I didn't really know what to expect when I heard the movie was coming out to the theaters. When I saw the trailer I figured it would only be based on the first few books, which it was. When I had seen the movie it was so much the same yet so different at the same time. Many of the basic concepts were intact, just not as they appeared in the books. For example, in book three, Ezylryb is trapped in the center of (I am not sure if this is the name for what they called it but it was something like this) The Devil's Triangle. Ezylryb was right in the center of three points in which flecks had been deposited by the Pure Ones. The flecks, interacting with each other in the triangular shaped formation, confounded Ezylryb's gizzard and made him lose sight of his tracking abilities. I'm assuming that this is where they came up with the idea for the fleck trap in the movie. There were also several other factors in the book that were twisted slightly to be made into the movie.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:26 21/12/2010 by Wylrin
#168 Posted: 23:32:30 21/12/2010
I think I see now. So is that The Devil's Triangle the fleck thing at the end of the movie?
---
I draw stuff.
#169 Posted: 23:33:12 21/12/2010
Indeed. Also, another example is the bats. The bats didn't really work for the Pure Ones in the books, but they did feed upon the blood of the moonblinked owlets so they were too woozy to fly.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:32 21/12/2010 by Wylrin
#170 Posted: 23:40:18 21/12/2010
Though the movie is really good, it is quite easy to understand, it kinda seems bad now seeing as it is so different to the movie.
---
I draw stuff.
#171 Posted: 23:45:46 21/12/2010
They each have there own differences, but that doesn't make either the book series or the movie bad, in my opinion. It would be a little weird, though, if the book and the movie were exactly the same. smilie
---
#172 Posted: 00:15:08 22/12/2010
Yeah, I guess you are right.
---
I draw stuff.
#173 Posted: 02:41:33 22/12/2010
I like your avatar, by the way. smilie
---
#174 Posted: 03:05:59 22/12/2010
Thanks, it's only the Christmas one though. My other one doesn't have the hat. Your one is really cool, I love the pose Soren is in.
---
I draw stuff.
#175 Posted: 21:20:36 22/12/2010
Hmmm.... Maybe I should get a Christmas avatar for the holidays....
---
#176 Posted: 21:29:33 22/12/2010
Lots of people here are.
---
I draw stuff.
#177 Posted: 21:33:28 22/12/2010
< That's better!
---
#178 Posted: 21:38:47 22/12/2010
That's cute.
---
I draw stuff.
#179 Posted: 21:42:51 22/12/2010
Thank you smilie It's the meerkat version of Santa Claus.
---
#180 Posted: 16:05:26 25/12/2010
Anyways, lots of Spyro and Legend of the Guardians characters are very similar:

Spyro/Soren
Cynder/Gylfie
Ignitus/Ezylryb
Volteer/Digger
Cyril/Allomere (arrogance wise, not evilness wise smilie)
Terrador/Twilight
Evil Cynder/Nyra
Malefor/Metal Beak
Elora/Otulissa
Eglantine/...Um...No idea smilie
---
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#181 Posted: 19:22:26 25/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Pfft, Eglantine is Sparx smilie
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#182 Posted: 20:20:38 25/12/2010
Actually, I'm sure that DotD Cynder ould be Otuilssa, do to the constant snottiness to Spyro. Little Cynder, however, would be so cute as Gylfie! (or, Pellimore, Soren's mate in the books)
#183 Posted: 22:01:17 25/12/2010
Quote: minredd
Pfft, Eglantine is Sparx smilie

smilie A lot of Spyro characters could be the movie version of Digger: Volteer, Sparx, Hunter (old version). I don't really know who Eglantine would be... Or who the legend version of Hunter would be. The only owls in Legend of the Guardians who are as serious as he is are the members of the Parliament. I could see him as being Boron maybe...

I got it! Sparx is Mrs. P the nest maid! smilie
---
#184 Posted: 22:16:12 25/12/2010
Quote: Wylrin
Anyways, lots of Spyro and Legend of the Guardians characters are very similar:

Spyro/Soren
Cynder/Gylfie
Ignitus/Ezylryb
Volteer/Digger
Cyril/Allomere (arrogance wise, not evilness wise smilie)
Terrador/Twilight
Evil Cynder/Nyra
Malefor/Metal Beak
Elora/Otulissa
Eglantine/...Um...No idea smilie

That is NOT fair. Digger was nothing like his counterpart in the movie. His personailty in the books really isn't like Volteer's at all. And Evil Cynder and Nyra really aren't similar either. Evil Cynder was corrupted by Malefor when his army captured her as an egg and was a pawn for the entire time she was a villan. Nyra chose to be evil by herself and quickly became leader of the Pure Ones.
#185 Posted: 22:39:02 25/12/2010
I know, Digger was so solemn in the books and in the movie he was crazy. And for Cynder, I didn't mean she was like Nyra in origin or by will, merely that when she would swat at Spyro with her head or tail, or said something like, "If only it were that easy, little one." it sounded so Nyra to me. smilie But yeah, the REAL Cynder is nothing like Nyra. And the REAL Digger is nothing like Volteer. smilie No offense Volteer! smilie
---
#186 Posted: 19:08:33 29/12/2010
Quote: Dragon Lover
Alright then. It's a done deal.

I said I would give a short review of what I thought on the game, and now I am here to do that.
I just finished LOTG, and even though it's an incredibly fun game, it's way to short. It took me four hours to beat it, and that includes time in the bonus missons. The other thing that bugs me is that the final boss is way to easy. I didn't really had to put in any effort to beat him at all. I have more trouble fighting the hagsfiends than I do the final boss!
I also heard that
Quote:
Well, you may not be able to play as members of the band, but they are included in the game. You even help ensure that Soren, Gylfie, Twilight, and Digger get to the Great Tree safely in your very first mission.

What the heck?!? The band isn't anywhere in the game, let alone in the gameplay! Soren is mentioned once or twice in the cutscenes, but that's it.
If your reffering to the crows you have to defeat so the chaw can get through, I hardly call that an apperance. Gylfie, Digger and Twilight were never mentioned, so how could you be sure that it was them?
#187 Posted: 19:14:04 29/12/2010
Probably won't get this then, even if it's by the makes of TEN...
---
#188 Posted: 20:41:11 29/12/2010
I'm guessing you don't like TEN then. But you haven't played ANB so you can't judge Krome yet. I think ANB is much better than TEN.
---
I draw stuff.
#189 Posted: 20:43:48 29/12/2010
I actually love TEN!smilie
But that Guardians game just sounds way too short, and I have no interest in the books or movie anyway.
---
#190 Posted: 21:18:13 29/12/2010
Well, as for the band being in the game, at the very beginning, you're lighting torches as a flint mop. Then it goes something like this:

Parzival: Ezylryb! The rescue chaw has found a band of owlets heading toward the tree! But some crows have blocked the way. We have to get them through somehow!

Well, those owlets turn out to be Soren, Gylfie, Twilight, and Digger. There is a cutscene in the game that confirms this and goes something like:

Ezylryb (as narrator): We all soon learned that the owlets we'd saved were no ordinary owlets. They had traveled a long way, and Soren, the leader of the band, told us a shockening tale of a group of owls kidnapping young owlets and forcing them to mine for tiny metallic shards they called 'flecks'. Allomere was quick to deny their story, but I felt otherwise. There was no dishonesty in Soren, nothing but a pure, sublime heart.

And then Soren and the band make another appearence towards the end of the game as they had done in the movie:

Ezylryb (as narrator): The trap was sprung. With our gizzards confounded, we plumeted to the ground. I looked up and saw.... Soren! Soren and the band of owlets were flying towards us, fire burning in a metal bucket Soren beared, (I know the wording isn't right, but its the same idea) Shard and his group following close behind. Soren threw his bucket (or something smilie) and metal and rope burned. With the trap destroyed, we were free once more.

So yeah, the band aren't in the gameplay, just cutscenes. They are mentioned several types in mission logs such as this: Soren mentioned that bats were working with the Pure Ones. In the desert of Kuneer..... yatta yatta yatta. So it's not like they're not in the game at all, they just don't play a big role in the game.
---
#191 Posted: 01:01:19 30/12/2010
I was reffering to the beggining cutscene. smilie And my statement is still valid; In the beggining, it never mentions the rest of the band, just Soren. If you ask me, Soren shouldn't have even been there; he was never assigned to a rescue chaw, not even in the movie. As far as I am concerned, if there not called by name, Twilight, Digger and Glyfie aren't in the game.
#192 Posted: 02:41:20 30/12/2010
I was really hoping you would be able to play as Soren or other members of the band, too. I was a little disappointed but I still like the game very much. smilie

But you're right, the band should have definately played a much larger role in the game, I'm just saying that they weren't entirely left out. In fact, when I learned that you didn't play as Soren in the game, I really didn't expect the band to be in the game at all. So for that I am glad that they are at least mentioned in the game.

And about fighting Allomere I 100% agree with you. He was so easy to beat! And like you said, fighting the hagsfiends was more of a challenge than he was. smilie
---
#193 Posted: 04:23:52 30/12/2010
I agree with you, Wylrin.
---
I draw stuff.
#194 Posted: 18:44:27 30/12/2010
Same here. Allomere has to be the most pathetic final boss ever.
#195 Posted: 21:21:38 30/12/2010
To be honest, the very first boss in the game (Bat Chieftain) was harder to beat than Allomere was the first time I played it. smilie
---
#196 Posted: 22:51:56 30/12/2010
Same here. I also had more trouble with the Hagsfiend Queen, but that's because she kept hiding in her fleck barrier.
#197 Posted: 17:40:10 08/04/2011
I had to post this: smilie

And this... smilie

And this... smilie I think this one fits perfectly for Soren and Kludd.

---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:47:58 08/04/2011 by Wylrin
rasigar_dragon2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#198 Posted: 10:01:29 04/05/2011
Quote: minredd
No, this isn't about some story line rip off or how a Spyro movie should be made.

When I got the Legend of the Guardians Wii game, one of the first thing I noticed was it was made by Krome, the makers of ANB and TEN. Normally that wouldn't mean anything, then I watched the credits. Clear as day in the credits I saw "Spyro Team". I didn't have time to take a picture, but I know I saw it. Chances are that Krome used the possible flight and air-battle mechanics from what would have been DotD to make the Legend of the Guardians game.

Opinions? Also, the Guardians game as a lot of fun. Fantastic flying mechanics.

I saw it too its possible the same team that makes ANB and TEN
---
[RYUSEI: My reflexes are honed by years of gaming!]
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#199 Posted: 19:42:54 05/05/2011
I have that game, and it is fun! I didn't notice the Spyro Team thing though. I'll have to check.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me