Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 34 of 34
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Draconia School Remake [CLOSED]
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#1651 Posted: 03:42:10 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
"Ugh! Why can't I use my powers!" Firefly growled in frustration, sending a rock flying with her tail. "Everyone else can use their powers, but why not me?! They have access to theirs all the time, and can use them when they need them! Mine work at completely random moments, and aren't reliable at all! How am I supposed to use my powers if I can't even access them half the time?!" She roared.

Firefly was so frustrated that she was glowing a bright red. As she huffed and stomped the ground, embers flew from her mouth. She was surprised that she could suddenly spit embers, and tried for a fireball. Success! She was so happy to be able to do something that she lost her fiery glow and the frustration that fueled her fire. So when she tried for a fire breath, nothing happened. She sighed in disappointment.

"I'm a failure with rotten, stupid powers...." She muttered, plopping down on the ground, and covering her face with her paws.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#1652 Posted: 04:19:30 27/03/2014
Aretis had wandered around for awhile and then suddenly squeaked as his head was barely missed by a rock. He quietly hid in a bush, looking up at what had thrown the rock and upon seeing Firefly quietly crawled over to her. "Hey Firefly. A-Are you okay?" He asked.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#1653 Posted: 04:36:36 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Firefly lowered her paws and raised her head, turning her gaze to Aretis. "Oh. Hi, Aretis." She muttered. She then sighed. "No, I'm not fine. I'm an elemental failure. A powerless fraud. I shouldn't even call myself a dragon. I'm over thirty years old and I STILL can't do anything with my powers! All of you can access your powers and use them when you see fit, but I can't! I try, and I try, but every time I fail!" She huffed, hitting the ground with her paw.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1654 Posted: 18:49:39 27/03/2014
Red had been following Aretis and the rock hit his head " Okey okey i try to wake up" he said but noticed that Aretis was already talking with Firefly. He heard what Firefly said and walked over to Firefly and Aretis " Elemental failure you said? If i would not have heard the whole thing i would be sure that you must be talking about me. But to the point, i am a dragon at the age forty and i have not done anything with my element. And you, you are using element which nobody else has any more, but mine is just simply fire it should be very easy but no i have not been able to use it. I am sure that your persistent work will make you better, but it will take some more time because there is no one who can tell you how to get better faster, you have to fail hundreds or maybe thousands of times, but one day you will notice that you have mastered it. And you say that you should not call yourself a dragon at all? Well what would you say about a fire dragon without fire, the only fire i can do is when i woke up too early and my eyes are burning....and that fire is just figurative. So about that you really are a dragon and a very special one too, in fact all the dragons in this i guess i could say group of ours are very special except me. But i do have something that you do not have now, and that is self-confidence. Do not care if you think others are better then you, trust yourself and take successes of your friends happily, do not think that if they have got better faster then you that it means you never will. Some of us do learn step by step, some do have troubles many many years and all of a sudden they get great in few months, not because they are specially talented but because they have been training hard but their diffidence has blocked their way and when they finally get that power of self-confidence there is nothing that can prevent their successes, and if i am right that is your way. Of course there is those who do not learn ever, but that is my spot in this group so trust yourself and help your friends to train and they will help you back, successes and fail with them when one of you fails others will help and when one of you successes all of you can be happy. With friends i of course mean the others in same situation with you, which happily in this group we do have." Red said and smiled
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1655 Posted: 00:32:50 28/03/2014
Aretis hugged her. "Well, maybe I can help. And Red too. Besides, the way I see it, the harder it is to unlock your power, the more powerful it'll probably be." He winked. "An Empath dragon. Hmmm...well, empathy is the understanding and sharing of feelings. Maybe....maybe another dragon nearby is the secret to your power." He said.
---
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#1656 Posted: 00:41:22 28/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Firefly smiled softly. "Thank you, Aretis, Red, but I still have no idea how to control or unlock my powers. I've been unable to find any books about Empaths, and I can't ask another for help. I just don't know how to access it. How would the two of you help me with a power that neither of you have, and one that even I don't understand?"
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1657 Posted: 01:39:53 28/03/2014
Icestorm followed the others and listened to the conversation nearby. He poped his head through the bushes. "I can help with your powers as well Firefly. Aura dragons and Empath dragons have similar powers but they are accessed differently." He said slowly coming from the bushes.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:52 28/03/2014 by Spyroconvexity
#1658 Posted: 02:41:58 28/03/2014
" Stop thinking about books at least in this thing. You need to feel, and follow your instincts... you think too much about what you are doing. Let others help you even if they do not know facts but they might have ideas. Stop looking for miracle and facts and just try to follow your feelings.... after all empathy means in one way strong feelings let those feelings take over and after you have became familiar with the feelings then try to control those" Red said still smiling.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:46 28/03/2014 by cyndego
#1659 Posted: 03:27:45 28/03/2014 | Topic Creator
"But that's just it, Icestorm, our powers are activated differently. So far, I'm only able to tap into my power at all if there's a strong emotion in the vicinity, whether it be my own or that of someone close by. But even still, I have no control over it, and it sort of activates at random. It's not like I can use it when I need it, or calm it down when I don't." Firefly sighed.

She then glanced at Red. "But I feel more comfortable with books and researching things. Books make sense, and they have taught me a lot so far. I was hoping to find something that an ancestor of mine had left, for a fellow Empath like me to read and learn from, but I haven't found anything. I've searched all over, at different schools and such, trying to find answers, but I haven't been successful. Books are just more reliable than emotions are. That's why I'm trying to learn from them, and I wish to have control and reliability in my powers. And I don't always have access to a strong emotion to use them, so I can't just sit around and wait for something to happen."
---
#1660 Posted: 03:39:57 28/03/2014
Aretis stopped hugging Firefly, feeling a little awkward. He kinda wanted to help her alone, but sighed guessing it couldn't be helped. "Well, I guess we could start with something basic. Which means controlling your power when there is emotion in the vicinity."
---
#1661 Posted: 03:42:04 28/03/2014 | Topic Creator
"Well, fine, except there isn't any right now. Unless I get too frustrated, then I can breathe ONE fireball before I get excited over actually being able to do something, and completely ruin my chance of controlling fire." She sighed.
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#1662 Posted: 04:44:17 28/03/2014
Waking up groggy he forgot what even happened last night or with Scarlet, his shift was taken back to the sky and I recalled the message that arrived for him stating A week, that's how long the sky barge would take to deliver the city itself...still he would need to discuss this matter with the school itself as the manner of a giant object in the sky lowering to the ground could take two days, two days full of hazards or potential safety concerns for any whelp caught up in it.
#1663 Posted: 05:07:46 28/03/2014
"Well your powers react to emotion right?" Icestorm said. "Well try thinking of past events that made you angry and try to focus on that emotion and keep that emotion and breath fire." Icestorm said.
---
SC
#1664 Posted: 01:14:42 31/03/2014
"No." Aretis said. "Let's not start with that. Anger is volatile and uncontrollable. It'll just make things worse." He argued back. He looked at Firefly. "Elemental powers is very similar to magical spells. Because it's more of a spell that is easy to access do to our bodies potential and is natural for us."
---
#1665 Posted: 01:56:17 31/03/2014
"Well if not anger why not happiness?" Icestorm asked. "Happiness is a free spirit and may work best."
---
SC
#1666 Posted: 02:18:41 31/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Firefly sighed. "I've only been able to access certain elements so far, and happiness has not activated any of them. I don't even know what emotions activate which elements, because I haven't even accessed all of them yet. I haven't even found any books that could tell me this. I suppose I just have to find out for myself, but it's hard to build up and maintain such a strong emotion."
---
#1667 Posted: 02:57:00 31/03/2014
"Listen I know it's hard to maintain strong emotion but you have to focus very hard and keep focusing on that emotion." Icestorm said. "But I've seen you get angry and noticed that it activates your fire ability." He said. "We just need to somehow focus on that emotion and somehow bring frie from it."
---
SC
#1668 Posted: 09:25:25 31/03/2014
" Well i can not help much because i do not know anything about elements really. But i would still say you do think too much, i know you like books and that is your way to learn things, but maybe now it is time to try something else if there is no book which can help you. Trying too much is a mistake too, it makes pressure and that makes you to put your interests to wrong things. Try to relax and make pressures go away, it is not easy but if i am right it is the only way how you can do this" Red said
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1669 Posted: 18:24:20 05/04/2014 | Topic Creator
"Icestorm, it's not as easy as it may sound. Believe me, I've tried, several times. I don't know how to explain it, but it's more complicated than that. I've never been able to force my powers or control them. I can never hold onto that emotion long enough to do anything more than like one attack, and then I'm pretty much done. I wouldn't be of any use in a fight." Firefly sighed. "Except I like my books, Red. I feel more comfortable learning from them, learning from someone's else's experiences as an example. I like studying others, learning from their successes and mistakes. The problem is, I can't find any books to help me with my powers. So I just end trying and failing to control them, until I get so frustrated that I breathe fire for a split second, before the joy of actually being able to do something comes over me and ruins my fire. There's nothing relaxing about trying to figure out my powers. And staying relaxed, probably won't help me unleash my emotions and access my powers. I just don't know what to do." She sighed, lowering her head.
---
#1670 Posted: 20:10:56 05/04/2014
Icestorm walked up to Fire fly. "It seems like your powers only surface in only extreme situations." He said. "It's like my aura form. When in extreme situations it suddenly triggers and then everything just goes black and then I don't remember much."
---
SC
#1671 Posted: 19:52:05 06/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Firefly sighed. "Except your's are triggered by danger, and are therefore useful when you actually need them. Mine are random, only activating when there is a strong emotion, and dying once there no longer is any. My power is not very reliable. I honestly don't know what to do with it."
---
#1672 Posted: 21:15:14 06/04/2014
"Well then we'll have to make that work in your benefit somehow now then." Icestorm said.
---
SC
#1673 Posted: 21:17:56 06/04/2014 | Topic Creator
"Except I have no idea how to do that. I just don't know if I can actually maintain a strong enough emotion long enough to access a power and make use of it. I've tried, it doesn't work. I simply can't hold onto that feeling long enough. It's hard to do." She sighed.
---
#1674 Posted: 21:27:02 06/04/2014
"I know it's hard but if you believe in yourself and try to the best of your abilitys you can access your powers." Icestorm said.
---
SC
#1675 Posted: 22:41:59 06/04/2014
"No. To quote a well known dragon: 'under duress we do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training'." Aretis said. He thought for a moment. "Firefly, come to the li–" The bell rang. It's time for classes to start.
---
#1676 Posted: 22:58:03 06/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Firefly sighed. "Well, time for class I suppose. We can deal with this later." She muttered. She then got up to leave and started heading back towards the school.
---
#1677 Posted: 23:20:42 06/04/2014
Icestorm noded and went to magic class.
---
SC
#1678 Posted: 23:55:18 06/04/2014
Aretis blinked and went up to Firefly before she left. "Meet me at the library during recess." He gave her a weak smile and then followed Icestorm.
---
#1679 Posted: 00:04:10 07/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Firefly smiled softly and gave a slight nod. She then headed off to her class.
---
#1680 Posted: 01:17:41 07/04/2014
Icestorm arrived at magic class and found an empty seat near the back of the room. He didn't want to be near Kobalt anymore than he had to because his aura sense is bothering him a lot due to the dark aura coming off of Kobalt.
---
SC
#1681 Posted: 22:56:21 09/04/2014
ooc: Sorry, I've been having a little block on my writing. I can't really come up with anything right now. It might take awhile for me to collect myself.
---
#1682 Posted: 23:57:13 09/04/2014
ooc: That's understandable.
---
SC
#1683 Posted: 11:06:03 10/04/2014
Ooc: Yea i do understand too, and plus i have been busy for sometime now again and that is why i have not posted anything.

" I can not remember which class i should be now ..... well i guess i just have to do some training outside then " Red thought

Blue walked in to the magic class he smiled a bit when he saw that Aretis and Icestorm where there too " Before you start your class i am here to introduce myself, i am Blue, your new vice principal. If you have something to report come to me first. Your new principal Mr. Silverdash has very much work to do so i do not want to see anyone to take irrelevant things to him so you all come first to me and i will take things to Mr. Silverdash if it is absolutely necessary. Have a nice day" Blue said and then walked out
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1684 Posted: 19:24:46 10/04/2014
Icestorm glared at Blue with distrust.
---
SC
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#1685 Posted: 04:07:27 11/04/2014
It was that time again, it always would happen...early mornings interrupted by explosions and destruction of landmass as the site was prepared for the arrival of the skybarge delivery. What no one knew was this was also a alias for digging tunnels underneath the school itself to sabotage as much of it's resources as it could.

He was preparing the future and Students for the future, all he needed to do was give em a push to that direction...after-all it made him stronger and he wanted ix

OOC: Yep I'm going evil
#1686 Posted: 00:10:02 17/04/2014 | Topic Creator
ooc: *sigh* I've got a bit of writer's block with this myself. That's why I haven't posted anything yet.
---
#1687 Posted: 00:16:17 17/04/2014
ooc: We can still revive this RP.
---
SC
#1688 Posted: 00:29:30 17/04/2014 | Topic Creator
ooc: Yeah, but I just don't feel inspired for it right now.
---
#1689 Posted: 02:34:07 17/04/2014
ooc: I feel ya.
---
SC
#1690 Posted: 15:05:43 18/04/2014
ooc: Well i think that we can take as much time as we want to. Lets rp again when we want to.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
First | Previous | Page 34 of 34
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me