darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 31 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1501 Posted: 13:53:27 21/09/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
Can someone please tell me, are there any new variants, or not? That's everything I want to know.

There are no new variants showing in Racing menu, but some variants that we already know don't appear too, so we have some chance of new variants.
---
Bruh
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#1502 Posted: 13:55:29 21/09/2015
Quote: Tigorus
Quote: Bionichute
Bifrost is not gonna like level 4.

Does it involve Mags and a certain tool?

I thought the same thing lol.

That I'm not TOO iffed at. The start of the game was so clever and well put, I don't mind David's oversight there.

On other stuff from World 4:

Bone chompies are back in there,plus Funny Bone's crazy older siblings. I bet they'll be way difficult in Hard/Nightmare.
Warden Moneybone seriously just looks and acts like a Darksiders boss - kinda like Tiamat and Silitha gave boss tips to a skeleton warrior from there.

And yes, Instant Spitfire looks amazing - and under the right lightning exactly like regular. I just find the white flames a bit meh, since his tech is already white.
Instant Hot Streak on the other hand depends on the mods - just sightly more gold on some, looks like cheddar with the magma ones.

Well, I'm off to session number two; I rushed so much last night that I missed obvious Supercharger gates, so I'll probably go back to some levels first.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:07:51 21/09/2015 by Bifrost
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#1503 Posted: 14:20:13 21/09/2015
Made it through the first three worlds yesterday.

I found the game disorienting during the initial level, and I think it's because VV brought back the longer level structure (which I loved from Swap Force) but also broke the checkpoints out into distinct, labeled 'Chapters'. So I think mentally I kept expecting to get introduced to the game's hub world during Chapter 2, when it actually comes a little later.

Is there some way to access a checklist of all the objectives for each level, like in previous games? Besides the three stars you get for the land/sea/air tracks, I lose track of how many hats, soul gems, chests etc. I should be looking for. It's not listed at the end of each level. Again, just a swerve from the established formula that I found disorienting.

The racing sections are fine, but I don't like the controls for the free-roam sub-sections where you have to destroy enemies and collect items to proceed. Reminds me of the old RC Pro-Am/Micro Machines top-down racers from way back, and I always had a hard time with those.

Love, love Donkey Kong and his ride. The explosive barrel shields are nice for when you want to just charge into someone and not worry about projectile accuracy.

Lot of racing tracks are sealed off unless you have the expansion packs. I wish a few more were open by default, especially because the packs are quite expensive for Canadians this year, but oh well.
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#1504 Posted: 14:24:15 21/09/2015
I've been wondering about a level stats page too. In the hub there are maps that show what stars you received, and how many chests you found. However, there seems to be no tracking of the vehicle upgrades in a level unless I am missing something.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#1505 Posted: 14:33:56 21/09/2015
Wow, based on so many of these comments, this doesn't even seem like a Skylander game anymore.

This all only makes me that much more anxious for next year's game to see if TFB brings everything back. Honestly, I miss the basics.

Aside from story mode, is there ANY mode or challenge that does not involve or force you into using vehicles?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:34:23 21/09/2015 by TOlofter
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#1506 Posted: 14:42:52 21/09/2015
Quote: TOlofter
Wow, based on so many of these comments, this doesn't even seem like a Skylander game anymore.

This all only makes me that much more anxious for next year's game to see if TFB brings everything back. Honestly, I miss the basics.

Aside from story mode, is there ANY mode or challenge that does not involve or force you into using vehicles?

with the changes that vehicles brought into the game its less skylanderish. but i guess it can be a good game tho... if you like driving. also so far this game might have more bugs than trap team. its interesting times ahead, to follow what happen from now on... so far there is been reported that there is a 150mb patch to download on the wiiu/ps4...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:47:37 21/09/2015 by CountMoneyBone
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#1507 Posted: 14:51:58 21/09/2015
"The racing sections are fine, but I don't like the controls for the free-roam sub-sections where you have to destroy enemies and collect items to proceed. Reminds me of the old RC Pro-Am/Micro Machines top-down racers from way back, and I always had a hard time with those."

^THIS

I am still giving it a fair shot, but really not happy with the free-roaming arena sections
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#1508 Posted: 14:52:36 21/09/2015
Level stats: Looks like they only track a couple things this time around. If you go to a level from the Map, it will show you if there is a slot machine (and how many) and what kind of vehicle tracks are in each chapter, if any. There is no tracking of hats/soul gems or vehicle upgrades because those prizes appear to be random. You can replay a level and "find" the toolboxes again for a new vehicle item. So far I noticed you are highly likely to get upgrades for vehicles you own, which is nice.
#1509 Posted: 14:53:57 21/09/2015
Oh TOlofter you said the words, now that one guy won't shut up about it.

Not gonna lie,the boss battles didn't need to be vehicle sections. If I wanted a modern Sonic boss I'd play Unleashed. BUT, it's well done and fun,and at least that they did.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1510 Posted: 14:56:15 21/09/2015
So all boss battles are vehicle-based or there are in-foot ones?
---
Bruh
#1511 Posted: 14:59:28 21/09/2015
Dunno,up to world 4 it's vehicles, except for one of those big enemy waves that probably count as a boss.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:59:41 21/09/2015 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#1512 Posted: 15:13:15 21/09/2015
How would you rate the vehicle/on foot share on a time basis? This is, for each level, do you feel like you have been more time into a vehicle or on foot?As I'm not really into racing games, this worries me a bit.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#1513 Posted: 15:13:18 21/09/2015
Its easy to be critical of changes, but I do want to say the game is really fun, and looks amazing! There are so many little details. The race tracks are filled with activity. The Golden Queen tracks are fantastic. I always love tracks that have slight changes with each lap. The Tropic Plunder course has a very dynamic volcano eruption.
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#1514 Posted: 15:15:40 21/09/2015
Quote: spitfirefox
Level stats: Looks like they only track a couple things this time around. If you go to a level from the Map, it will show you if there is a slot machine (and how many) and what kind of vehicle tracks are in each chapter, if any. There is no tracking of hats/soul gems or vehicle upgrades because those prizes appear to be random. You can replay a level and "find" the toolboxes again for a new vehicle item. So far I noticed you are highly likely to get upgrades for vehicles you own, which is nice.

That's really interesting. Will have to try that tonight. That's the kind of info the tutorials should have, instead of the tired 'press X to jump' walkthroughs.

Another Pro I just thought of: Like Swap Force, I like how Superchargers opens the game with some kind of action-packed conflict. That's about as much as I can say since this is the non-spoilers thread, but VV seems to opt for kicking things off with a bang as opposed to TFB's leisurely strolls through green pastures.
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
#1515 Posted: 15:15:43 21/09/2015
Quote: angelg
How would you rate the vehicle/on foot share on a time basis? This is, for each level, do you feel like you have been more time into a vehicle or on foot?As I'm not really into racing games, this worries me a bit.

its more driving than on foot, thats a given this time. after all driving is the whole team of the game..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#1516 Posted: 15:24:07 21/09/2015

CMB is VERY mistaken; it's exactly 50/50. A lot less fighting and more puzzles though; there's very rarely "areas close and many waves of enemies come in" after Cloudbreather's Crag, it's more like a few enemies in a puzzle area or a plataforming chalenge;so if you're not a kid the on foot areas go by way faster.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:26:13 21/09/2015 by Bifrost
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1517 Posted: 15:39:33 21/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost

CMB is VERY mistaken; it's exactly 50/50. A lot less fighting and more puzzles though; there's very rarely "areas close and many waves of enemies come in" after Cloudbreather's Crag, it's more like a few enemies in a puzzle area or a plataforming chalenge;so if you're not a kid the on foot areas go by way faster.

Totally agree. The vehicle zones feel about 50%ish if you do them all. That being said most vehicle zones feel very fleshed out and have a fair amount of content. It's not just a room where you do doughnuts and fight a few waves of baddies. There are rescue/challenge/objective based vehicle missions that feel organic and flow with the progression of the level. Most bring you back to where you left off so you rarely miss a path. The "on foot" portions feel like a healthy length and don't' feel shortened. Everyone should just do themselves a favor and pick up at least one Sky and Sea vehicle so they can experience it all...so far it's totally worth it.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1518 Posted: 15:44:15 21/09/2015
Does anyone have the item numbers forcthe wave 2guys at target?
---
Dead
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#1519 Posted: 15:45:52 21/09/2015
Oh TOlofter you said the words, now that one guy won't shut up about it.

Not gonna lie,the boss battles didn't need to be vehicle sections. If I wanted a modern Sonic boss I'd play Unleashed. BUT, it's well done and fun,and at least that they did.

Yeah, the number of skylanders they are offering seems about right considering half of the game is vehicle based. A bit bummed they couldn't mix up the boss battles to be battle and vehicle based--but agree it's done well (for what it is).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:46:19 21/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#1520 Posted: 15:50:26 21/09/2015
So hey, who else is impressed with some of the re-imagined veterans like Gil and Stealth? Gil is a freaking beast now and plays like a completely different Skylander but has that nostalgia feel for technically being a return character. He is SOOO much fun to play as. He was already one of my favs. but this is so much better than simply giving him a Wow Pow. Based on his water pack setting his attacks are completely changed giving him multiple ways to play without resetting. He's so much fun to play...dare I say more than the original. Anyone else feel this way?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#1521 Posted: 15:51:53 21/09/2015
So hey, who else is impressed with some of the re-imagined veterans like Gil and Stealth? Gil is a freaking beast now and plays like a completely different Skylander but has that nostalgia feel for technically being a return character. He is SOOO much fun to play as. He was already one of my favs. but this is so much better than simply giving him a Wow Pow. Based on his water pack setting his attacks are completely changed giving him multiple ways to play without resetting. He's so much fun to play...dare I say more than the original. Anyone else feel this way?

I agree fully and I've always loved OG GG!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#1522 Posted: 15:56:38 21/09/2015
So there are no Kaos challenges, challenge maps or enemy wave modes that allow you to simply use combat without vehicles? EVERYTHING in this game involves some sort of vehicle element to it?
Darklander Green Sparx Gems: 305
#1523 Posted: 15:58:17 21/09/2015
Hi,

Does anyone knows if there's some Sea Trophy gameplay? If so could someone share the link, please? smilie
---
The Art of War! smilie
Dark and Dangerous. smilie
I Reign Supreme! smilie
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#1524 Posted: 16:04:31 21/09/2015
Did they buffed old characters? What about the Elites?
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#1525 Posted: 16:06:56 21/09/2015
Spyro is all the buff. 75 damage per fireball, 180 damage the Daybringer. He's better than Spitfire,and that's saying something.

Also,uh... Don't change the Elemental Zone if you've already done the ones for your vehicles,guys. The game tried to co-op connect me with ZapNorris for no reason when I did that, I don't think he's even online.
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1526 Posted: 16:08:08 21/09/2015
Elites can now switch upgrade paths. They still seem to do lots of damage.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#1527 Posted: 16:11:21 21/09/2015
So there are no Kaos challenges, challenge maps or enemy wave modes that allow you to simply use combat without vehicles? EVERYTHING in this game involves some sort of vehicle element to it?

its says superchargers and have vehicles on the box, so not shocking its a racing game at heart.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#1528 Posted: 16:11:38 21/09/2015
Good to hear, VV butchered every old skylanders in Swap Force.
---
#1529 Posted: 16:13:27 21/09/2015
Spyro's flameballs did 50 damage in SF, actually from 20 in Giants and SSA
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#1530 Posted: 16:14:15 21/09/2015

So far, no. All non-story based game play modes involve the vehicles...or Sky Stones.

I thought this would be a problem for me as well. You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of the Swap Force Arena system then me but I have to say I like the Story and vehicles so much right now that I don't mind so much that they are gone. That might change down the road but for now it's o.k. (for me).
#1531 Posted: 16:16:55 21/09/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I'm not talking about the damage but animation/moveset, in SF many skylanders were slow (They removed Tree Rex's Shockwave).
BTW No arena? Are you talking about PvP or Arena Mode (Brock or someone else)?
---
#1532 Posted: 16:19:55 21/09/2015
Quote: Buuzer

I'm not talking about the damage but animation/moveset, in SF many skylanders were slow (They removed Tree Rex's Shockwave).

Oh sorry!

Speaking of Tree Rex's shockwave, it's back. His super slam has a much bigger hit box!
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#1533 Posted: 16:21:51 21/09/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

its more driving than on foot, thats a given this time. after all driving is the whole team of the game..

Totally agree. The vehicle zones feel about 50%ish if you do them all. That being said most vehicle zones feel very fleshed out and have a fair amount of content. It's not just a room where you do doughnuts and fight a few waves of baddies. There are rescue/challenge/objective based vehicle missions that feel organic and flow with the progression of the level. Most bring you back to where you left off so you rarely miss a path. The "on foot" portions feel like a healthy length and don't' feel shortened. Everyone should just do themselves a favor and pick up at least one Sky and Sea vehicle so they can experience it all...so far it's totally worth it.

Thanks for your answers. I'm a great fan of battles and not that much of puzzles. Maybe (and hopefully) that will change as you progress through the game, becoming more battle involved and less puzzle solving.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#1534 Posted: 16:22:05 21/09/2015

Oh sorry!

Speaking of Tree Rex's shockwave, it's back. His super slam has a much bigger hit box!

Oh finally! What about overpowered characters like Knight Light, Wallop, etc..? I remember that VV killed many OP characters. I really want a balanced game for once.
---
#1535 Posted: 16:23:51 21/09/2015

Oh sorry!

Oh finally! What about overpowered characters like Knight Light, Wallop, etc..? I remember that VV killed many OP characters. I really want a balanced game for once.

They definitely feel better! The animations are smoother and their attacks are weaker, but balanced for this game.
---
#1536 Posted: 16:27:17 21/09/2015

Oh sorry!

They definitely feel better! The animations are smoother and their attacks are weaker, but balanced for this game.

Oh Eon, yes! Finally, I hated the slowly animation and the low damage.
---
#1537 Posted: 16:27:51 21/09/2015
OH YEAH, angelg, it changes immediately. Ate my words right after World 4.

Also people hoping for a certain genre of soundtrack will be VERY pleased.Ok back to playin now.

To add to HIHD's comment though,they changes animations and some effects as well. Hex finally doesn't have a flat cloud and her spell looks just amazing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:31 21/09/2015 by Bifrost
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#1538 Posted: 16:36:02 21/09/2015
Quote: AzureStarline
Quote: Nightmoon
I can only find control overviews where the nunchuck stick is used for steering, rather than tilting the Wiimote. It's possible that the game supports sideways Wiimote without nunchuck, but I can't find any sources to support that.

Should I just try playing with other controllers? The control screen makes no mention of nunchuks that I saw.

Do you have a nunchuck plugged in? Wii (and Wii U) games usually have adaptive control screens and button prompts that change depending on what you have plugged in, so if you're only using the Wiimote, that would explain why it's absent.

Malicedoll79 playing with nunchuck (control overview at 5:57)

A: Accelerate
Stick: Steer
B: Afterburner/Drift/Stunt
C: Spin/Jump/Dive
Z: Attack
+: Pause Menu

Out of curiosity, what are the button assignments in the sideways Wiimote control scheme?
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#1539 Posted: 16:36:39 21/09/2015
OH YEAH, angelg, it changes immediately. Ate my words right after World 4.

Also people hoping for a certain genre of soundtrack will be VERY pleased.Ok back to playin now.

To add to HIHD's comment though,they changes animations and some effects as well. Hex finally doesn't have a flat cloud and her spell looks just amazing.

Yeah the music definitely pulls on those
S.S.A.
nostalgia heart strings. I noticed it right away in
The Land of the Undead
. I haven't played Hex yet but that's awesome since she one of my favs. Could you imagine if they made her an elite and made the Skull from her S.S.A. pose iridescent..../shivers...would be amazing.
#1540 Posted: 16:57:43 21/09/2015
More notes experimenting with my collection - Ninjini is now murder incarnate. She's SO FAST inside the bottle, and the rockets go as fast as you can press the button. Surreal orbs also finally are worth using because the animation is much faster.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1541 Posted: 17:00:33 21/09/2015
Just a quick question, how do Rocky Roll, Tread Head and Knight Mare look inside a vehicle like Hot Streak or Crypt Crusher?
#1542 Posted: 17:03:28 21/09/2015
Knight Mare's lower half just disappears.

Also Eon is none too subtle about some species:

"It's a widely known fact that Faeries only accept hard cold cash."
---
RK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#1543 Posted: 17:06:02 21/09/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
Just a quick question, how do Rocky Roll, Tread Head and Knight Mare look inside a vehicle like Hot Streak or Crypt Crusher?

Tread Head's vehicle just disappears, Knight Mare just simply fits there and her legs disappear inside the vehicle too.
Dunno about Rocky Roll, gonna have to look for that one.
#1544 Posted: 17:06:13 21/09/2015
More notes experimenting with my collection - Ninjini is now murder incarnate. She's SO FAST inside the bottle, and the rockets go as fast as you can press the button. Surreal orbs also finally are worth using because the animation is much faster.

Holy cow that's awesome. having 3 different versions it's nice to know she will finally get some play time...Makes me want to check out other Giants now...Speaking of Giants, how are the Trap Masters? I won't get to play again until tonight and I played with mostly newbies yesterday.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1545 Posted: 17:10:16 21/09/2015
Yeah, for the people wondering if all the boss fights are vehicle only,
Battlebrawl Island will prove you wrong. In fact, it doesn't even have any vehicle sections, period. Not to mention that all 3 boss fights are amazing.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1546 Posted: 17:16:24 21/09/2015
Well,damn, first negative on skylanders. Pop Fizz's Mutant Beast upgrade doesn't work. Nothing happens when trying to use fire breath/combos.

on to World 8... Oh wow Lemons and Doug and some others WILL NOT LIKE THIS.
And the visual pun is pretty hilarious since there's a Skystone which appears to be last world's boss and the character just goes up to it and shouts 'SPOILER ALERT!'
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:51:37 21/09/2015 by Bifrost
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1547 Posted: 17:53:17 21/09/2015
This is the worst

[User Posted Image]
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#1548 Posted: 17:57:05 21/09/2015
I only have $20 today. Should I buy Frightful Fiesta or Nitro Stealth Stinger, and which one do you guys think will disappear faster?
#1549 Posted: 17:57:26 21/09/2015
There's a pun in there, and I think Beenox spent waaay too much time thinking about it..

Back to World 8... Oh the irony.

Fighting against a Straw Collector's minions as a Instant Spitfire. He's not chase,he's not a variant, he ISN'T EVEN REAL, but she acts like he's a regular skylander.

Oh,here's a neat trick: Spitfire's charge in midair cancels a jump. WE FINALLY HAVE DIVEKICKS(dive-face in this case) IN A SKYLANDER GAME.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:04:50 21/09/2015 by Bifrost
TTD Hunter Gems: 6286
#1550 Posted: 18:02:00 21/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Just a bit of preproduction on Reef Ripper:
First | Previous | Page 31 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me