Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Why all the hate for " scalpers " ... [CLOSED]
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#101 Posted: 22:33:28 23/10/2012
Quote: gamecocksc17
let it go people.....let it go. skylanders is supposed to be fun and full of enjoyment. scalpers exist. they can. it sucks they sell stuff that high. they do it b/c people will pay for it. turn on your game system and play skylanders and have fun getting away for a few minutes

You're right. Got a little out of hand there. Sorry.
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
deantjeep Green Sparx Gems: 403
#102 Posted: 22:57:15 23/10/2012
Group Hug!!!!!!!!!!!!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#103 Posted: 04:33:55 24/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: czs716
They take advantage of people plain and simple.

...like raising the prices on the figures to begin with? Or locking out parts of the game until you buy more figures?

Quote:
It's either find them in the wild cheap or pay the outrageous prices for them.

Or put on your big-boy pants, realize you're talking about video games, and not buy them.

And you're talking to a guy with nearly 100 different games for his Intellivision.

I like to collect games too - but if it gets to the point where I'm *****ing about the costs and not enjoying the hobby, then it's time for me to get out. I get the games for fun, not to hate on others I don't even know.

Quote: pakman916
@czs716 Where did you get the GITD Warnado in your sig? Find it at the store?

Found it at Walmart on a day they restocked in June of this year I think. LONG after release. I don't remember when Warnado came out?

I'll give you $15/shipped for it. Would offer more, but wouldn't want you to have to make a dirty profit on it. Let me know where to PayPal the money and I'll send you my mailing address.

Quote: Skybagel
Why are you trying so hard to justify these scalpers...

Not trying to justify any "scalpers". Merely trying to understand all the hate and venom that is displayed on this forum towards them.

Quote:
Anyways, my point valid because you support them because you've never had to deal with them.

I wasn't aware anyone - ever - had to "deal" with them. Was there some kind of new law passed that said if you don't buy a certain amount of stuff from "scalpers", the FBI will raid your home and lock you up for ten years?

Quote:
Sure, you put in the "work" but in order to get figures, everyone needs to so it?

No. No one needs the figures.

Quote:
it makes me think you are one yourself.

Wrong-o, buddy. Just like the situation before, you're attacking others with no evidence to back it up.

Quote:
Nobody agrees with you, and your "points" just make me wanna cry. Close this topic. Nobody agrees with you.

I will not close this topic, but you're free to read. It's obvious you're not reading it anyway, as there have been a few who have spoke up in here who also don't understand the hate - so it's no loss if you bow out now.

Quote: Skybagel
Also, your "everyone gets the toys either way thing" is pointless. Sure, the same amount of stock goes to the same amount of kids but the kids must pay MORE. It's not hurting or helping Activision either way, but it more or less does hurt them a little bit because you are increasing the demand. Good going smarts, you just put more pressure on Activision.

It hurts Activision because instead of them selling 3 Figures for $30, they're selling 1 Figure for $10. But that's just dealing with potential profits and nothing else - though it is exactly why they raised the prices this time around. They saw what the figures were reselling for on the secondary market and decided to get in on some of that action.

Quote: gamecocksc17
let it go people.....let it go. skylanders is supposed to be fun and full of enjoyment. scalpers exist. they can. it sucks they sell stuff that high. they do it b/c people will pay for it. turn on your game system and play skylanders and have fun getting away for a few minutes

This. So much this.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#104 Posted: 04:58:07 24/10/2012
^Apparently you think I spend the vast majority of my days reveling on scalpers. Sorry, but I don't. And I don't buy from the scalpers, but its frustrating to know they go out and snatch up everything they can just to mark up prices. I check Craigslist, and laugh at the prices. I don't buy from scalpers because I know it ill eventually find the game in the wild. And I wholeheartedly enjoy this hobby, nothing is stopping that. I dislike scalpers that I come across, but that's not what I sit and think about while I'm out looking for games. Heck, I have four copies of FFVII. Mainly to show that its not as rare as everyone thinks. I see it on Craigslist for $100 all the time and email them and mess with them and they get their pants all in a bunch "no this game is rare. It is worth more than the $100 I'm asking. You're an idiot." Always have fun with that, that is a scalper.

And my Warnado is in a three pack. And I don't value it because of how much it is "potentially" worth. I value if because there was a limited supply and I found one randomly.

And I wish I could find an intellivision.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#105 Posted: 05:03:17 24/10/2012
Am I the only one here who's just surprised this reached three pages?
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#106 Posted: 05:18:06 24/10/2012 | Topic Creator
^Apparently you think I spend the vast majority of my days reveling on scalpers.

That was kinda the point of this thread... all the topics that pop up with people going over the edge because of "scalpers" - as if they actually make a significant difference in the endgame.

Quote:
And my Warnado is in a three pack. And I don't value it because of how much it is "potentially" worth. I value if because there was a limited supply and I found one randomly.

Ah - a 3-pack. Then I'll send you $25 ($20 + $5 Shipping). You wouldn't want to take advantage of me, would you?

Quote:
And I wish I could find an intellivision.

Got my "newest" one for $15 at a Flea Market. Was glad to get a working unit... had one years ago when I was a Wee Laddie (in fact, that's where most of my games are from), but never took the effort to get one. Always look at them online, but would end up looking at the mega-auctions, thinking I didn't want to spend that much, then give up. smilie
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#107 Posted: 06:09:31 24/10/2012
My NEX has the Warnado/Camo/Ignitor pack constantly. And my local Walmart has the
Zook/Cynder/Lightning Rod pack frequently.
---
cry baby, I am
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#108 Posted: 09:41:35 24/10/2012
I've found some pretty rare games as well for 2.99 and around those prices.

However, you also have these scalpers who will go in, buy the games and resell them for outrageous prices. I'd say video games are the number one thing that gets overpriced.

Devil's advocate mode: Are you taking advantage of the sellers who are selling their PS1 games too cheap? Should they really be $5? $10?

At the end of the day, items sell for what people are prepared to pay for them or let them go for. Each transcation is discrete and atomic.

My personal 2c is that without scalpers I would not have a complete collection of S:SA variants, even though I have been exceptionally lucky finding quite a few myself.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#109 Posted: 13:00:21 24/10/2012
^I've bought most from Goodwill and other thrift stores.

Yard sales are to get rid of the extra stuff you don't need. You don't price things full price at yard sales and everyone knows that. You sell it cheap, to move it fast. Those people who charge full price/high prices at a yard sale are the ones who still have 99% of their stuff at the end if the day.

Video games have a general price they each go for. Example: Final Fantasy VIIis a $30 game, yet used game stores sell it for ~$60. Even worse, idiots post it on Craigslist and eBay BIN for $100 and up because it is supposedly "rare". Square soft made millions of copies, it is one of the top selling games for the PS1.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me