Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The UK Pre-Order Thread [CLOSED]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#101 Posted: 09:39:04 09/09/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
I think you only pay a deposit if you pre-order a game in store. If you pre-ordered it online then you don't have to pay anything.

You should have confirmed the purchase details (c/card or PayPal) - it did not get charged but the transaction has been entered.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#102 Posted: 09:43:43 09/09/2012
Hmm... Yeah, I take that back. It does say figure. It might not be the whole Cynder though, since the pack-shot still shows a regular Cynder - but maybe it's like, her eyes or horns/claws or bracers. Unless they just photo shopped the label onto the pack-shot they already had rather than taking a new photo. OH WELL. I stand corrected.

I will repeat my prior sentence for reinforcement:

Also, apart from that sticker the rest of the image is identical to a stock, standard image of the pack (i.e. sans glow in the dark anything). I perceive that this image is merely a promo image and not the actual final product.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
jetvac910 Green Sparx Gems: 163
#103 Posted: 12:35:40 09/09/2012
amazon have the starter pack AT 60.00 on all versions
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#104 Posted: 13:09:00 09/09/2012
Quote: jetvac910

Makes the £39.99 Sainsburys offer even more appealing.

Here's a link for Buzz to update the OP. I took a few minutes to find it so I thought I'd save her some time.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=...tarter&x=8&y=13
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#105 Posted: 15:09:04 09/09/2012
Quote: kiz3000
Quote: jetvac910

Makes the £39.99 Sainsburys offer even more appealing.

Oh, yeah, no doubt. £39.99 is probably the cheapest you'll find the booster pack for PS3 and 360 anywhere, let alone the starter pack. Getting the starter pack for £25 under the RRP is- well, saying it's 'good' would be a huge understatement.

I just hope they don't run out of copies and delay the delivery because everyone pre-ordered it when it was cheap - I've known it to happen with games in the past.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#106 Posted: 10:10:34 10/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh, yeah, no doubt. £39.99 is probably the cheapest you'll find the booster pack for PS3 and 360 anywhere, let alone the starter pack. Getting the starter pack for £25 under the RRP is- well, saying it's 'good' would be a huge understatement.

I just hope they don't run out of copies and delay the delivery because everyone pre-ordered it when it was cheap - I've known it to happen with games in the past.

I'd have no problem waiting a little longer if it meant I saved £25, now if however Sainsburys cancelled all the pre-orders because they realised "Work-Experience Jim" put the wrong price on the system that would make me really mad.

Updated the Top post and noticed that Amazon have dropped some prices, but on by 2p on some Booster packs :/
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:21:53 10/09/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
#107 Posted: 10:55:16 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Discovered by another user, I have obtained his permission to use this photo. Confirmed GITD Cynder:
[User Posted Image]
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#108 Posted: 10:59:10 12/09/2012
^WOAH!! thank you, maybe post this on the news thread too?
Orog Red Sparx Gems: 43
#109 Posted: 12:04:29 12/09/2012
Holy cow!! i NEEEEEEEEED this!
would suck if its wii only tho... but im assuming its for all the game/station glow in the dark packs?
---
37/37 & 4 Sidekicks, Blue Bash, all 3 GITDs & Clear Cynder!
#110 Posted: 12:20:25 12/09/2012
Finally. But is it worth spending an extra £27 over my Sainsburys preorder to get a GitD Cynder and Portal of power?

Also, I have just looked on the GAME website and they have changed its name to the Exclusive Glow in the Dark Edition. Cool.

Link: http://www.game.co.uk/en/skyla...anders%20giants
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:26:14 12/09/2012 by kiz3000
#111 Posted: 12:51:28 12/09/2012
Thanks for the image, Buzzthebatgirl!

I can't wait for it to be sent to me now. I intend to buy the game locally to tide me over for the couple of weeks it will take to get to me...
---
Soylent Green is People!
#112 Posted: 13:30:53 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Finally. But is it worth spending an extra £27 over my Sainsburys preorder to get a GitD Cynder and Portal of power?

Also, I have just looked on the GAME website and they have changed its name to the Exclusive Glow in the Dark Edition. Cool.

Link: http://www.game.co.uk/en/skyla...anders%20giants

I'm still mad that this is only on the console starters and not the 3DS, but at least we have the story straight now smilie
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#113 Posted: 13:53:09 12/09/2012
hmmm, thinking about it. as this gitd starter is a game/gamestation exclusive i can't see them also having the battle pack as an exclusive as well on release day.
#114 Posted: 14:48:41 12/09/2012
Quote: t7gga
hmmm, thinking about it. as this gitd starter is a game/gamestation exclusive i can't see them also having the battle pack as an exclusive as well on release day.

I don't think that they will; I perceive the mention of it as a mis-quote given that it did not include the starter pack in the list.
---
Soylent Green is People!
IAmMarti Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#115 Posted: 17:00:46 12/09/2012
I was just logging on here to say i saw that exact same picture at gamestation in bristol today. Problem solved.... other than were am I going to get £64.99 from? smilie
JackSparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2349
#116 Posted: 17:27:11 12/09/2012
Now that GITD Cynder is confirmed i've pre-ordered smilie Just hope they bring her out in normal single packs so i can get the regular version too!
---
Trade: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie LC smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:28:39 12/09/2012 by JackSparx
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#117 Posted: 18:37:00 12/09/2012
I hope they have it in Game Stop in Ireland as Game closed down here.

Edit: Gamestop Ireland have the starter pack listed at €69.97 on the website, but no mention about exclusive GITD base or Cynder.

http://www.gamestop.ie/Wii/Gam...Fq%3Dskylanders
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:52 13/09/2012 by fanjo
Sammi89 Blue Sparx Gems: 581
#118 Posted: 13:03:39 13/09/2012
Ok so online, Gamestation only states that the Starter comes with the glow-in-the-dark portal... Does the GITD Cynder come in online preorders? Or only in store?
#119 Posted: 19:58:52 13/09/2012
Quote: Sammi89
Ok so online, Gamestation only states that the Starter comes with the glow-in-the-dark portal... Does the GITD Cynder come in online preorders? Or only in store?

That's it, my friend - there is no third version with just the glow portal but no glow Cynder. It is merely that the item was listed before the confirmation and not updated since.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Sammi89 Blue Sparx Gems: 581
#120 Posted: 22:42:26 13/09/2012
Thanks Chaos smilie I wanted to make sure I forked out to get it sent here smilie
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#121 Posted: 23:32:28 13/09/2012
Quote: fanjo

Edit: Gamestop Ireland have the starter pack listed at €69.97 on the website, but no mention about exclusive GITD base or Cynder.

Awww, that's a bummer. As GameStop and Game are two different companies, you've sadly got no luck with that...

I'm not sure it's worth it though. I don't even know if I want the actual game itself now, just some of the figures xD
#122 Posted: 00:41:06 14/09/2012
My understanding from Buzzthebatgirl is that they are now the same company. Their sites function identically except for branding.
---
Soylent Green is People!
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#123 Posted: 01:05:18 14/09/2012
I know this isn't in the UK, but here in Canada British Columbia I was able to pre-order my first Giant. They didn't have specific characters listed, but you could preorder lightcore and Giant characters, and the cashier who I know quite well says that while he isn't 100% sure, he's pretty sure how it works is that once they get the character list, they will call the people who pre-ordered and ask which character they want. They call in order of who pre-ordered, so the sooner you pre-order the better. He said there were only about five or six people ahead of me, so this must be pretty recent that you can do this.

Don't believe me? Here's my receipt.
[User Posted Image]

Hopefully this means I'm guaranteed to get Bouncer day 1. :3
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:05:39 14/09/2012 by DinoHex
zetazebrapies Gold Sparx Gems: 2310
#124 Posted: 06:52:14 14/09/2012
I don't know if I'm being blind but it says Sainsburys Starter pack has gone up to £49.99?
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#125 Posted: 07:00:55 14/09/2012
If they're giving away an exclusive Glow In The Dark Cynder that is exclusive in the UK only then how will us americans obtain a Glow in the Dark Cynder figure? I would really like to have one
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#126 Posted: 07:24:52 14/09/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
My understanding from Buzzthebatgirl is that they are now the same company. Their sites function identically except for branding.

No, no, no, no, no. GAME and Gamestation are owned by the same people and function exactly the same. Gamestop is an American company and is owned by competely different people. Sorry to sound harsh, but thats the only way I can think of wording it.

Quote: zetazebrapies
I don't know if I'm being blind but it says Sainsburys Starter pack has gone up to £49.99?

It has for the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Not to sound rude but I did say that the price would only go up, after I posted the £39.99 deal.

Quote: WhirlwindDragon
If they're giving away an exclusive Glow In The Dark Cynder that is exclusive in the UK only then how will us americans obtain a Glow in the Dark Cynder figure? I would really like to have one

You probably won't in the same way that we haven't got the sidekicks. I would much rather have the sidekicks than a GitD Cynder. Now I do hope the Toys R Us has a pre order incentive of a pack of 4 sidekicks with the starter pack.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:25:12 14/09/2012 by kiz3000
#127 Posted: 10:07:18 14/09/2012
Quote: bisylizzie

Awww, that's a bummer. As GameStop and Game are two different companies, you've sadly got no luck with that...

I'm not sure it's worth it though. I don't even know if I want the actual game itself now, just some of the figures xD

Last year when SSA came out, both Game and Gamestop in Ireland had the Volcanic Vault as exclusives. I'm hoping it will be the same this year, except through Gamestop here.

EB Games in US/Canada had the VV, so hopefully they have the same distribution method with the GITD Portal/cynder.

Just have to wait to get confirmation, but not many pre-order offers atm.
#128 Posted: 12:34:01 14/09/2012
No, no, no, no, no. GAME and Gamestation are owned by the same people and function exactly the same. Gamestop is an American company and is owned by competely different people. Sorry to sound harsh, but thats the only way I can think of wording it.

Not harsh at all, mate - I meant that and misread the prior post. That's what happens when you try to contribute when you have the flu and are not completely alert...
---
Soylent Green is People!
#129 Posted: 13:05:31 14/09/2012
We americans can obviously purchase her which will be imported to the USA
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#130 Posted: 13:16:02 14/09/2012

You mean like single pack Dark Spyros?
---
Soylent Green is People!
#131 Posted: 13:27:14 14/09/2012

You mean like single pack Dark Spyros?

Yes if they release her as a Glow In The Dark single pack and limit her to 1 per family in retail stores like Toys R US or Gamestop that way everyone can have a chance at getting her in the US
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#132 Posted: 15:07:42 14/09/2012 | Topic Creator

It did, I've already adjusted the top post, copy/paste: "12/09/12 @ 11:58 : GITD Cynder CONFIRMED! Sainsbury's code removed, prices adjusted (some when up by £10!) "

Game and Gamestation were once different companies, one bought the other out some years ago. GAME focuses on selling games to families and Gamestation focuses on selling to gamers.

Even the official sites states at the end of the page :
"Game Retail Limited. trading as game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - Company Registration No: 7837246"

EDIT: Seems this confusion will be over soon all Gamestations will be rebranded as GAME soon enough

Just for clarity, there are no physical GAMESTOPs (just have to shout that one out for the Americans) in the UK, should us living in the UK want we have to buy from the Gamestop.ie site and either pay € or £.

I know I'm going to sound harsh here, but I simply don't care that the US isn't getting this. The US has already had promotions for Flocked Stump Smash and a promotion to get the Sidekicks, with some people getting/winning 8-10 Flocked Stump Smash. Sod off and let us have this one please.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:30:54 14/09/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3182
#133 Posted: 17:44:53 14/09/2012
Quote:
I know I'm going to sound harsh here, but I simply don't care that the US isn't getting this. The US has already had promotions for Flocked Stump Smash and a promotion to get the Sidekicks, with some people getting/winning 8-10 Flocked Stump Smash. Sod off and let us have this one please.

You forgot about Red smilie. US got that too.
---
Bring the Fanta
#134 Posted: 01:32:19 15/09/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl

It did, I've already adjusted the top post, copy/paste: "12/09/12 @ 11:58 : GITD Cynder CONFIRMED! Sainsbury's code removed, prices adjusted (some when up by £10!) "

Game and Gamestation were once different companies, one bought the other out some years ago. GAME focuses on selling games to families and Gamestation focuses on selling to gamers.

Even the official sites states at the end of the page :
"Game Retail Limited. trading as game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - Company Registration No: 7837246"

EDIT: Seems this confusion will be over soon all Gamestations will be rebranded as GAME soon enough

Just for clarity, there are no physical GAMESTOPs (just have to shout that one out for the Americans) in the UK, should us living in the UK want we have to buy from the Gamestop.ie site and either pay € or £.

Don't blame it on us just because the US has more exclusives than you guys in your country. It is the scalpers to blame for because they literally hog up rare Skylanders and sell them for so much which is just crazy. Activision really needs to step up and limit them to one per family.
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#135 Posted: 02:08:34 15/09/2012
Scalpers do not cause Activision to make stupid, arbitrary decisions on only providing certain items in one country.

How about we count how many of these were available in Australia? ZERO.

No blue Bash, no translucent Drillie, no Flockie, no sidekicks, no GITD Cynder, no expo/con exclusives - you get the drift...

Frankly, if it weren't for scalpers, I would not have most of those above items.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#136 Posted: 02:23:43 15/09/2012
I guess you're right about that and UK peeps can have their GITD Cynder but what I really want is a Skylanders Giants Soundtrack that is exclusive for pre-ordering Skylanders Giants in Gamestop or when you buy 2 Skylanders Giants single character packs for the USA
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#137 Posted: 02:24:40 15/09/2012
AMERICA DOESN'T NEED ANOTHER EXCLUSIVE. smilie
#138 Posted: 02:32:41 15/09/2012
I guess you're right about that and UK peeps can have their GITD Cynder but what I really want is a Skylanders Giants Soundtrack that is exclusive for pre-ordering Skylanders Giants in Gamestop or when you buy 2 Skylanders Giants single character packs for the USA

I have only seen one pre-order bonus for SG so far. From EB Games (Oz version of GameStop) and it is a measly poster and growth chart.

I am vexed by this as last year at least 3 different chains had preorder bonuses involving a complementary fig. This year? Nary a sausage...
---
Soylent Green is People!
#139 Posted: 03:04:15 15/09/2012
UK peeps can keep their GITD Cynder while we should have an exclusive pre-order bonus for a Skylanders Soundtrack Collection and a Cynder Plush for Gamestop stores in the USA as that will be tons better
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#140 Posted: 03:58:22 15/09/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
AMERICA DOESN'T NEED ANOTHER EXCLUSIVE. smilie

Quoting self. YOU ALREADY GET ENOUGH. smilie
#141 Posted: 04:03:20 15/09/2012
Geez I get what you mean but it's all solely on Activision weather they release exclusives for us in america. But what we all really do need are single packs for Ghost Roaster, Slam Bam and Sunburn released as single packs for those who don't want to get them in the adventure packs
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#142 Posted: 04:06:31 15/09/2012
Yeah, and they SHOULDN'T have regional exclusives at all. Releasing them in just America is a shameful douche move. You got everything. So please, don't be upset, when you miss out on one thing.
The Adventure characters really should though. smilie At least Terrafin and Slam Bam are.
#143 Posted: 04:12:49 15/09/2012
Nah I'm not upset but I'll probably save up alot of money to get a GITD Cynder imported to the USA and I think that Australia, UK and USA should have a share on the GITD Cynder as well as most of the promotional Skylanders that the USA got but excluded to these countries Canada, Mexico, Hawaii, China, Japan, Africa, Puerto Rico, Cuba, South America and Hong Kong
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:22:14 15/09/2012 by WhirlwindDragon
#144 Posted: 08:32:31 15/09/2012
At least we can actually use the UK game here in Oz so we can import the Glow starter set for all of its components.
---
Soylent Green is People!
MRskylanderT Yellow Sparx Gems: 1080
#145 Posted: 08:39:54 15/09/2012
At least we can actually use the UK game here in Oz so we can import the Glow starter set for all of its components.

I don't understand....do you have game in oz.....or can you order online from the uk?
---
***** I have The Extremely Rare Arena Tour Dark Spyros *****
#146 Posted: 09:14:08 15/09/2012 | Topic Creator
^I think GAME/station will ship to outside the UK, I might be wrong though as I can not find the list of shipping countries on the sites.
---
#147 Posted: 11:33:39 15/09/2012
Smyths Ireland have released prices for starter packs €69.99 for WII & 3DS . €74.99 for PS3 and Xbox.

http://www.toys.ie/Skylanders-...124823-prd.aspx

£54.99 in UK all one price!

No specials or bundles announced.
#148 Posted: 11:36:13 15/09/2012
Smyths Ireland have released prices for starter packs €69.99 for WII & 3DS . €74.99 for PS3 and Xbox!

http://www.toys.ie/Skylanders-...124823-prd.aspx

£54.99 in UK all one price!

No specials or bundles announced.

Edit: I don't know why Ireland's getting screwed with higher prices on singles. €10.99 and UK Smyths about £7.50 or £7.99!
#149 Posted: 11:44:05 15/09/2012
Quote: MRskylanderT

I don't understand....do you have game in oz.....or can you order online from the uk?

Game / GameStation in the UK will ship overseas.

Australia used to have the Game franchise but it went bung here several months ago.

I pre-ordered the game from GameStation UK. My point was that the UK copy of the game, itself, is compatible with Oz systems so can be used here. Other countries are not so lucky.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Orog Red Sparx Gems: 43
#150 Posted: 15:29:05 15/09/2012
Do we know where we can get the cannon battle pack from in the UK yet?
---
37/37 & 4 Sidekicks, Blue Bash, all 3 GITDs & Clear Cynder!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me