First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
99% chance of a teen rating [CLOSED]
Dragon King Green Sparx Gems: 444
#101 Posted: 19:16:32 03/05/2008
Quote: alexis1213
YEAH SO I don't give a flip It can be rated E,T,or M

(but if it was rated M I would give a flip BCUZ i'm 12 years old)

true but i highly doubt it will be a M

all i know it will be a E+10 or T

and i know this is gonna be a rated E game
---
unlike Dexter....I'm more of a believer in God than he is.......and more insane smilie
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#102 Posted: 19:20:18 03/05/2008
YEAH but still i'm just angry right now it's not ur falt its
my sister hannah

she is the reason y i'm mad
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#103 Posted: 19:33:11 03/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Uh...dragon king..please look at the RP on this site. http://lair.spyrothedragon.com/dawnofthedragon/us/
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#104 Posted: 00:21:49 04/05/2008
"May contain content inappropriate for children."
What's your point?
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#105 Posted: 00:41:25 04/05/2008
Seriously, dont they put the "This may contain content innapropriate for children" in every video game before they figure out the real rating. Isn't that like the RP ratings "code" or something?
#106 Posted: 01:02:44 04/05/2008 | Topic Creator
No! this would be for games that have stronger content, like when there is a fair amount of blood in the game. Or a lady chest naked. Or maybe there is alot of content in a game all at once that is not mild. like

• Fantasy violence
  • Blood
  • Suggestive themes
  • Language
  • crude humor
  • use of alcohol and tobacco
  • simulated Gambling

I know that may sound like a fair amount, but they start that in a teen rated game that Does not have the mild teen rating. When they say that the game is Innapropriate for children, they mean all of the children.
---
TrueSpyroFAN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#107 Posted: 08:46:35 04/05/2008
Quote: Lover of Spyro
^smiliedont double post! just edit your posts!!

on topic: I dont like teen ratings!

I don't like teen ratins either. smilie
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#108 Posted: 10:06:51 04/05/2008
how can spyro be a teen game its not like ull see the 2 dragons do it
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#109 Posted: 11:50:54 04/05/2008
Quote: DARK CINDER
how can spyro be a teen game its not like ull see the 2 dragons do it

wellllll, just because two characters 'don't do it', doesn't mean that it won't be rated T, violence and language, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, are all factors in rating. And the new Spyro game will have fantasy violence and some blood/gore, that we know already. So you have to take into account ALL of the rating content factors.

Quote: DragonFriend244
Seriously, dont they put the "This may contain content innapropriate for children" in every video game before they figure out the real rating. Isn't that like the RP ratings "code" or something?

RP means Rating Pending. And until the ESRB picks a rating, since it could be rated M, you have to be at least 17 to pre-order/buy.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
EmeraldDragon Blue Sparx Gems: 881
#110 Posted: 13:40:10 04/05/2008
Quote: Forgotten World
If you guys saw on the intro, you would have probably fainted if you were younger than 12. http://lair.spyrothedragon.com/dawnofthedragon/us/ this was the site that I got the information about the ESRB saying *may contain Content innapropriate for children. Just keep in mind that this game will be intended for the younglings that just reeached their teen years. Also, this game was made by another company, so you may find mor content in the game.
this is what might be in the game, content wise

• Fantasy Violence - *duh*
  • Blood - *only minor scenes of it*
  • Mild suggestive themes
  • Mild language - *only briefly*
  • Comic misthef - *the final piece of content.*

Like I said 99%

WOW! blood! I was hopeing it might have something like that. Don't ask why. So it kind of is directed at teenagers then. WOO!
---
Sometimes you have to let go of someone...if they really love you, they'll come back
#111 Posted: 16:35:18 04/05/2008
Well, i don't mind blood and gore. smilie I'll live through it! smilie lol
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#112 Posted: 16:44:34 04/05/2008
I dont really care...My mom and dad let me get any rated T game...But thats bad for some people....
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#113 Posted: 16:46:24 04/05/2008
I'm not really allowed T rated games. But..i watch ma dad playin'em! smilie
#114 Posted: 17:55:10 04/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: TrueSpyroFAN
I'm not really allowed T rated games. But..i watch ma dad playin'em! smilie

How old are you, I may have seen your age, but I'm just wandering, just because of what you said.

Edit: wait you're only 9, that explians everything.
---
Last edited at 17:57:09 04/05/2008 by Forgotten World
#115 Posted: 19:28:35 04/05/2008
No! this would be for games that have stronger content, like when there is a fair amount of blood in the game. Or a lady chest naked. Or maybe there is alot of content in a game all at once that is not mild. like

• Fantasy violence (well, they've all had that)
  • Blood (depends on the amount, E10+ can have minor amounts)
  • Suggestive themes (Minor suggestive themes)
  • Language (depends on severity and how often it appears)
  • crude humor (in this type of game?!)
  • use of alcohol and tobacco (yeah, but this won't show up)
  • simulated Gambling (and neither will this)

I know that may sound like a fair amount, but they start that in a teen rated game that Does not have the mild teen rating. When they say that the game is Innapropriate for children, they mean all of the children.

FIX'D FOR GREATER JUSTICE!
---
#116 Posted: 19:49:08 04/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR

This would be for a diffrent game, for the ones who don't see my point clearly.
---
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#117 Posted: 20:01:09 04/05/2008
All I can say is it's about time Spyro matured.
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
Invader Zarra Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#118 Posted: 01:14:45 05/05/2008
Iknow it's not rated teen because I saw an Interveiw on the new game and they said it was for all ages Including kids.
---
xD I'm leaving DarkSpyro... Sorry guys I've been too inactive on this website... If you know where to find me, find me there.
#119 Posted: 01:23:56 05/05/2008
Quote: HIR

This would be for a diffrent game, for the ones who don't see my point clearly.

And I fixed it to reflect a Spyro game. JUSTICE WAS SERVED! ^.^
---
SpyroLover4ever Red Sparx Gems: 49
#120 Posted: 01:30:17 05/05/2008
There is no way TLoS DoTD could be Teen! I mean its Spyro for Petes sake!
MorningStar Green Sparx Gems: 298
#121 Posted: 03:39:00 05/05/2008
*appears from the darkness* TLsmilieR!!1

Well, maybe someone said something like this already, but here's my opinion...
Ratings are pretty messed up a lot of the time. Anyone remember Super Smash Brothers Melee? Rated T, at least when it was released, yeah? For what, smacking people around, okay...
Then we have... Shadow the Hedgehog (someone did mention this one), which was rated E10+. Not only do you carry a gun, but there's swearing. Lots. In the cutscenes between levels, and, oh... every time you get hit by something. Which is a lot. I'm 15 and I can say this more freely, but I don't really give a care about ratings, because it's probably contradictory to another game somewhere. Kids not 13 yet, present these two games if you have them and explain that to your parents if they give you any trouble.

Besides that, ratings are only a guideline, not a rule, in my opinion. Your parents should know if you're mature enough for this and that. It really depends on the person. I know some of my classmates who behave like third-graders, but I also know some third-graders that were pretty smart and mature for their age, too. What matters is how you process and apply the information you get. For example... If you're not going to honestly beat kids up because you did it in a video game, you can play it. If you're not going to be a parrot and repeat swear words in everyday speech all the time, you can play that game too. If you see a character drinking or smoking, and would rather believe lots and lots of real, live people who tell you drinking/smoking is bad for you(it is!), then you can play that game.
And if you see a character touch another character in a place or a way that makes them feel uncomfortable, and you know that's no good, then you should be good, right? (cookie for whoever knows where that's from!)

So... yeah. They're not going to turn Spyro into Pulp Fiction or anything, so I wouldn't worry about whether or not it gets rated T or why, and parents shouldn't freak out about naughty content hiding beneath a cute mask. It's all good, and if anything, they're trying to appeal to a wider audience than children and people that played Spyro years ago as children.

(And if this discussion is really only just, "Which way do you think it'll go?", I'd say either E10+ or T, maybe a little more on the E10+ side.)
---
I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!
Last edited at 03:45:12 05/05/2008 by MorningStar
#122 Posted: 04:09:15 05/05/2008
Seriously, it is Spyro!!! I have grown grown up with him!! Do you really think Spyro a cute purple dragon would start cussing and doing all this bad stuff? I mean maybe you could rate this teen for violence MAYBE!!!
Last edited at 04:10:29 05/05/2008 by DragonFriend244
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#123 Posted: 22:09:26 05/05/2008
I don't know many kids who CAN'T play T games. Usually Smash Bros. is played by 5 year olds, and that's T rated!!
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#124 Posted: 22:59:29 05/05/2008
If you guys saw on the intro, you would have probably fainted if you were younger than 12. http://lair.spyrothedragon.com/dawnofthedragon/us/ this was the site that I got the information about the ESRB saying *may contain Content innapropriate for children. Just keep in mind that this game will be intended for the younglings that just reeached their teen years. Also, this game was made by another company, so you may find mor content in the game.

• Mild suggestive themes

Like I said 99%
First, you said if you are under 12 you would faint by the intro. Me? I'm 9 and didn't faint. SERIOUSLY!!!!!! I HELD MY BREATHE FOR THE RED GOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second, if you happen to check the legend series Dark52 made, theres a game cover of the upoming spyro game. Look closely, my friend, its rated E HOWEVER, it may be fake.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#125 Posted: 23:03:02 05/05/2008
okaii...what do u mean by intro?? i clicked the link n it just came up with the site...
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#126 Posted: 23:05:51 05/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragonhope

• Mild suggestive themes

Like I said 99%
First, you said if you are under 12 you would faint by the intro. Me? I'm 9 and didn't faint. SERIOUSLY!!!!!! I HELD MY BREATHE FOR THE RED GOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second, if you happen to check the legend series Dark52 made, theres a game cover of the upoming spyro game. Look closely, my friend, its rated E HOWEVER, it may be fake.

Yeah, I definetly say that the cover is a fake, and a cover that could be made by a freshman in collage.
---
#127 Posted: 23:11:29 05/05/2008
What cover?... I haven't seen a cover. Link, please?

And, a freshman in college ("e" for education, "a" for art) could do pretty well. Age doesn't dictate how well someone's art is.
---
#128 Posted: 23:23:04 05/05/2008
I think this is it: [User Posted Image]

This or: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...feature=related
Last edited at 23:25:49 05/05/2008 by DragonFriend244
#129 Posted: 23:36:22 05/05/2008
I don't see that "E" you were talking about in the picture, but I does in the video. o 3o

It does look pretty nice (though several people I know not on college yet could've done it), although it looks quite fake, too. The Spyro in the middle is from TEN, flipped horizontally, darkened with some shiny mess on the eye. And "The Darkest Hour" is no longer the title, not to mention it's not the font that DotD's own site even uses.

So yeah, it's fake. But I still say the whole "Will it be T? E10!?" thing is being way exaggerated... o3o
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#130 Posted: 23:47:21 05/05/2008

That was from the power point on velvet octopus and is not the cover.
#131 Posted: 23:48:30 05/05/2008
Thats not the picture. It has Xbox written on the top. Don't know how to put a link to the picture but here are some steps to find it.

1.)On the right corner there are some links. Click on ''The Games''.
2.)Scroll down until you see Legend Era then, you'll see the cover.
---
#132 Posted: 23:48:34 05/05/2008
Oh well can I have a link too?
#133 Posted: 23:52:29 05/05/2008
Just read what I posted on my other post, DragonFriend those are the steps. Don't take chances of asking Dark52 if its the real game cover.
---
#134 Posted: 23:56:48 05/05/2008
Oh, this one!

[User Posted Image]

I see an itty-bitty 10 next to that E.

But check the URL, lulz. xD http://www.darkspyro.net/images/dawn/fake_cover.jpg

"Fake cover".
---
#135 Posted: 23:57:39 05/05/2008
It is fake.
#136 Posted: 02:22:07 06/05/2008
The site still says RP. <.<;
---
#137 Posted: 19:44:35 06/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Which means that the two covers are faakkke okay?
---
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#138 Posted: 19:49:20 06/05/2008
MorningStar ur avi is weird looking
no offence

LOL that is a fake lets just w8 and see what the real cover is going to look like
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
#139 Posted: 21:17:29 06/05/2008
no offence

LOL that is a fake lets just w8 and see what the real cover is going to look like

Heehee. |3 That's why I like it so much.~ Thankies.

I'm looking forward to the real cover, too. I'm liking the concept art-type stuff for this game so far. o wo

Oh, hey hey, you guys think they'll use this one for the cover? I've been seeing that picture in a lot of places... And the background looks all Dawn-like. I hope they use it, it's my favorite art for this game so far.~
---
Last edited at 21:34:37 06/05/2008 by MorningStar
Dragon King Green Sparx Gems: 444
#140 Posted: 21:29:58 06/05/2008
im bored........

but i wont be when this comes out........

as for the rating I KNOW WHAT THIS GONNA BE RATED!!

how do i know? dont you guys listen to that reveiw with the producer

he said this is defenitly gonna be a true E (maybe E 10+)
who knows maybe there will be slight language and drips of blood somewere in the game remember that game Shadow the Hedgehog it had swearing in it and Star Fox Adventures it had animated blood in it and there were still rated E (maybe not the Star Fox game because E10+ didnt exisit by then)
---
unlike Dexter....I'm more of a believer in God than he is.......and more insane smilie
Sarorius256 Red Sparx Gems: 27
#141 Posted: 21:33:41 06/05/2008
I would like this game to be the same rating as The legend of Spyro. I thought that rating was perfect because kids still can play it and it still seems like it still have like violent moments you know what I mean?
---
Sarorius is the dragon that will save us all!!! Sa.roar.e.us ~~~SARORIUS~~~~
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#142 Posted: 21:42:56 06/05/2008
Quote: MorningStar
no offence

I'm looking forward to the real cover, too. I'm liking the concept art-type stuff for this game so far. o wo

Oh, hey hey, you guys think they'll use this one for the cover? I've been seeing that picture in a lot of places... And the background looks all Dawn-like. I hope they use it, it's my favorite art for this game so far.~

hmmm, who knows, but that is an awesome pic. smilie
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Sarorius256 Red Sparx Gems: 27
#143 Posted: 21:46:17 06/05/2008
Quote: SpyroxCynder
Quote: MorningStar
no offence

hmmm, who knows, but that is an awesome pic. smilie

That would be cool if that was the cover art! It does fit!!!
---
Sarorius is the dragon that will save us all!!! Sa.roar.e.us ~~~SARORIUS~~~~
#144 Posted: 22:08:55 06/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragon King
im bored........

but i wont be when this comes out........

as for the rating I KNOW WHAT THIS GONNA BE RATED!!

how do i know? dont you guys listen to that reveiw with the producer

he said this is defenitly gonna be a true E (maybe E 10+)
who knows maybe there will be slight language and drips of blood somewere in the game remember that game Shadow the Hedgehog it had swearing in it and Star Fox Adventures it had animated blood in it and there were still rated E (maybe not the Star Fox game because E10+ didnt exisit by then)

Well, he and ESRB don't really mean the same thing. Sure he may say that the younger, the teens and the adults may like to play the game. Exccept ESRB always sees the game by the content, and the reviewer sees the game by how fun it is.
---
#145 Posted: 22:15:33 06/05/2008
Well, that guy's in charge of making the game. It's not like he doesn't have any control over what the game gets rated... He controls the content, indirectly affecting ESRB's idea about what it should be rated. It's not just what he "says" about the game... I trust he has a pretty good idea what the ESRB thinks is appropriate for kids(as good an idea that any of us can have, anyway), so if he wants it that way, it's probably gonna happen. What he meant by enjoyable by teens and adults is the gameplay and story; adding blood and swearing and all of that isn't the only way to make a game compelling and enjoyable.
---
Last edited at 22:18:53 06/05/2008 by MorningStar
DragonQueen Green Sparx Gems: 120
#146 Posted: 05:17:22 07/05/2008
What is RP rating
Aang Green Sparx Gems: 370
#147 Posted: 05:44:55 07/05/2008
I dunno about you guys, but I'd love it if it was teen rated.
---
You kicked who in the what now?
#148 Posted: 16:36:27 07/05/2008
^ You'd what?? I would probably...if i were a teen. smilie
#149 Posted: 18:41:15 07/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: DragonQueen
What is RP rating

Rating Pending for those who don't know ESRB
---
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#150 Posted: 21:35:41 07/05/2008
Hmmm..MAY contain Content not right for children...But if your saying that guy doesnt know and cant know the rating....
Your pretty much saying that MAY mean he doesnt know...And it Could
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
Last edited at 21:36:34 07/05/2008 by zacoda1
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me