Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > LoS: In the Empty Valley (after DotD)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
LoS: In the Empty Valley (after DotD) [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#101 Posted: 16:22:31 01/08/2011
Me doesn't really find any images weird. I am too weird myself for that to happen.

It is bueno.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#102 Posted: 16:32:58 01/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Once you've created something like Triangle With a Butt because it's what your arm wanted to draw and your subconscious that it'd be funny, it's pretty safe to assume you're a bit odd. smilie And, yes, that's a true story.
#103 Posted: 16:35:08 01/08/2011
I made that Spyro x Skateboard fanfic...

Who has been spiking my drinks?
---
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#104 Posted: 16:50:03 01/08/2011
Oh lord, I'll never think of "Spyro riding a skateboard" the same way ever again.
#105 Posted: 17:21:04 01/08/2011 | Topic Creator
I will not mention the squid skateboard cheat. I will not mention the squid skateboard cheat. I will not... smilie
#106 Posted: 17:28:00 01/08/2011
*facedesk x6*

You got another image in my head.

My reaction.
#107 Posted: 17:46:29 01/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Ahaha! smilie That's the best response to anything ever!
#108 Posted: 17:55:47 01/08/2011
Well, you're the one who got the image of Spyro "riding" a squid in my head.
#109 Posted: 18:02:39 01/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Don't think about it too hard. Trust me, it only gets worse from there. smilie
#110 Posted: 18:05:58 01/08/2011
Too late.

Oh, and I made else something out of extreme boredom

Spoilered for language.
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:08 01/08/2011 by Skorpion216
#111 Posted: 06:16:06 02/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Heh. I don't think I'd want to see that tape. smilie
#112 Posted: 14:18:17 02/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks to you guys, I just wrote a sequel/second chapter and I'm getting some vague ideas for more. There's a tiny call-back to "A Star at Night" (the fic I haven't finished which explains what Sparx and Cynder think of each other).

Heart of the World

The world's heart is very different from what Cynder remembers. It is no longer cool, frozen energy wreathed in flame, but simple crystal. Magic made solid that she can feel in her bones as she walks across it. Only a few weeks have passed since the last purple dragon left the world at her doing and she has been searching for this place every waking moment since.

Brilliant sunlight filters through a thousand cracks in the rocky ceiling. She used those honeycomb tunnels to reach this place, following a thread of darkness to its source. When her cold gauntlets did not vanish even after Spyro's death, she knew her task was not complete.

Malefor is still alive.

As expected, the Ancestors have only done the same thing which caused a thousand years of misery. Instead of solving their problem, ending him once and for all, they have merely imprisoned him yet again. When she first realized this, Cynder had spit a glob of acid into the dirt with disgust.

Now she is where she needs to be and she will finish what the dragons' Ancestors (for they are not her gods) would not. She knows this will kill her and she is not afraid. Death is an old friend and Cynder will greet it gladly if it means salvation for the rest of the living.

Squinting, she can just see Malefor's wide yellow eyes glinting deep inside the world's crystalline heart. The thread of darkness that ties them together seems to quiver. She wonders if he can still feel, still think trapped in there. The thought makes her hiss with anger. The apes' sacred Earth Mother would never have done such a thing to another living being. Only dragons are so cruel. Cynder digs her claws into the crystal and prepares to deliver mercy Malefor does not deserve.

Taking a deep breath and closing her eyes, her body dissipates into shadow. Slowly, the wisps of darkness sink into the world's heart, a stain sliding down into purple-hued darkness. She follows the dark thread toward Malefor's frozen heart. His body has been crystallized but she can feel his awareness as she draws near. He is too drained to tempt her and too paralyzed to stop her as she sinks into his flesh, her own body burning with the strain. Carefully, she wraps her ethereal self around his heart and becomes just solid enough to squeeze until it cracks and crumbles.

The glittering spark in Malefor's eyes fades away and she struggles toward the surface, exhausted. The thread of darkness that called her here is severed and the creature who defied death itself for a thousand years is now gone for good. She is certain she won't reach the outside world before her magic fades and she solidifies in the crystal herself, but Cynder is content with that.

Something bright and golden pierces the darkness closing around her as the crystal squeezes at her solidifying edges. An instinct, a memory...something about it draws her forward, gives her just enough strength to fight for her own life. She slips out of the crystal, a smokey haze in the vague shape of a dragon, just before all of her energy vanishes and her body regains its true shape. Lying gasping on the cool rock, she sees the tip of one claw has been sheered off, a tiny part of it left inside the world's heart. With a smile, she realizes that her gauntlets and collar are gone. She is a slave no more.

A mote of golden sunlight drifts down toward her, growing larger in her blurring sight. It hovers, shimmering and dancing in front of her nose. She smiles at it just before her eyes close. Tiny, warm hands brush against her scales.

"Cynder?" Sparx's voice is loud and echoing. "Hang on, Cynder! I'm going for help!"

"'Kay..." she murmurs before everything vanishes.
deaver88 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#113 Posted: 16:12:52 02/08/2011
Yay! smilie Finally Malefor met his doom. Good job Cynder!
I saw this first in DA and i am sure you will someday write more and i even wait for it smilie
---
Life is too short to be taken seriously
#114 Posted: 17:05:53 02/08/2011
Well, this one doesn't make me paranoid, so I guess that's a good thing.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#115 Posted: 17:41:34 02/08/2011
You've once again proved that Elora is a much more mentally stable option.

Lol but seriously, this is the first fabric series that I've ever bothered to read.
#116 Posted: 23:25:42 02/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Haha, everyone in the classics is more stable than the LoS cast. smilie Ignitus is suicidal, the Chronicler is a manipulative creep, Spyro will do anything you say without questioning it, and Cynder is just a little murder machine. smilie

Aww, thank you. smilie
#117 Posted: 00:25:44 03/08/2011
They're all unique in there own way. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:52:13 03/08/2011 by Skorpion216
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#118 Posted: 19:09:42 03/08/2011
I loved the part at the end with Sparx. He really does care. smilie
#119 Posted: 17:40:24 04/08/2011
That was weird (in a good way)! smilie

But the ending was cute! :3
---
lolwhut Emerald Sparx Gems: 4171
#120 Posted: 15:46:33 10/08/2011
Spyro DIED?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
DeviantArt: ThatSketchyDragon
#121 Posted: 17:52:41 10/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Heh, yep. No deus ex machina to save him this time.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me