Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Deleted [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#101 Posted: 09:59:39 09/12/2010
I'm not just outside the box, I set it down several miles ago and haven't looked back. smilie

People get married for a lot of reasons, almost none of them being for the false concept of love that movies/games/friggin' everything says its for. I got married for agape (friendship/deep love) and a bit of eros (though that went away pretty fast when I got smacked in the face by reality and I feel bad about that). Most of the people I know got married because one of them was already pregnant. D: And some do it just for money or as a screen to hide themselves (a lot of gays in the past had marriages of convenience like that).
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#102 Posted: 15:52:11 09/12/2010
Quote: Razz
I'm not just outside the box, I set it down several miles ago and haven't looked back. smilie

People get married for a lot of reasons, almost none of them being for the false concept of love that movies/games/friggin' everything says its for. I got married for agape (friendship/deep love) and a bit of eros (though that went away pretty fast when I got smacked in the face by reality and I feel bad about that). Most of the people I know got married because one of them was already pregnant. D: And some do it just for money or as a screen to hide themselves (a lot of gays in the past had marriages of convenience like that).

Ahh I get it now. I wouldn't know if I'd ever get married, I don't know if I'm willing ot comit myself like and/or if I'll ever feel the same way about rlationships as other people.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
#103 Posted: 15:57:19 09/12/2010
Marriage is kind of in transition in our society. So many of the kids from my generation come from broken families that we're a lot more cautious. My sister isn't married to the man who fathered her child and they're both fine with that. It's a huge commitment and you don't want to undertake it lightly.
#104 Posted: 16:06:05 09/12/2010
Marriage is kind of in transition in our society. So many of the kids from my generation come from broken families that we're a lot more cautious. My sister isn't married to the man who fathered her child and they're both fine with that. It's a huge commitment and you don't want to undertake it lightly.

There's a load in life I'm not sure if I'd ever do. I know what I'd like in future, as in living arrangements, but not allot else.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#105 Posted: 16:20:29 09/12/2010
I'm just going to face the future head on. I feel that if I plan TOO much, I will start getting dillusional and start to expect more than I can get, if you know what I mean.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Faun Yellow Sparx Gems: 1291
#106 Posted: 16:24:18 09/12/2010
I plan ahead a lot, but nothing ever really goes to plan for me. smilie
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
#107 Posted: 16:47:19 09/12/2010
Since I'm at least twice as old as some of you guys, I'll tell you right now that life doesn't like to follow plans. Make some plans, but learn to roll with the punches (because it will throw a lot at you).
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#108 Posted: 16:54:28 09/12/2010
Since I'm at least twice as old as some of you guys, I'll tell you right now that life doesn't like to follow plans. Make some plans, but learn to roll with the punches (because it will throw a lot at you).

That's pretty much what I do, and I agree totally with this statement.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#109 Posted: 16:56:25 09/12/2010
^This.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#110 Posted: 17:12:27 09/12/2010
I get that plans often don't work out, especially those made my high school kids regarding post-secondary enducation and career, but I still wish I had some kind of plan, or at least knew what I might like to do for the rest of my life.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#111 Posted: 17:14:44 09/12/2010
For me, I want to be involved in the gaming industry. As preperation, I am learning and practicing many different things in my own time.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#112 Posted: 17:14:46 09/12/2010

I learnt that a couple of years ago. Now I can't really be bothered to try and plan my life, I don't see much point.
#113 Posted: 17:32:04 09/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
For me, I want to be involved in the gaming industry. As preperation, I am learning and practicing many different things in my own time.

I really wanted to do that too, but when I left school, I realised there was way more involved than what I initially thought for the actual creation of games.

So instead, I'm training to be a Japanese teacher, which is going much more smoothly so far smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#114 Posted: 17:34:19 09/12/2010
Sometimes, you know what you want in life early on (my six-year-old self was dead right about the whole animation thing, for instance), but most of the time you've got to live a little bit and try things out. Just remember that you're never too old to learn something.
#115 Posted: 17:42:49 09/12/2010
My dream job as a child was to be a garda. Now it's one of the last things I want to do.

I'm prepared to have a go at whatever challenges come my way in regards to games design. If I can't make it there, then I'll go for games journalist, something in art or acting(especially voice acting).
---
#116 Posted: 17:47:09 09/12/2010
I'm mediocre at art, even though I've always wanted to be an animator for my own purpose (drawing my own characters, etc.).

The main thing I want right now is to live in Japan, translate for companies like Nintendo (my friend made it into Sony, so why not?) or voice acting.

Voice acting is the only thing that I've wanted since a kid, though!
---
#117 Posted: 17:56:41 09/12/2010
I always used to want to be a voice actor, I have no Idea why.

Now, I want to work with animals. Maybe as a zoo keeper or something. smilie
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
#118 Posted: 17:56:50 09/12/2010

I don't see myself being a huge success in life. One thing I'd like is to have an apartment in a flat, a nice lookin g one and maybeme and my friend could stay there as like room mates, because I'm skepticle about a relatsionship but I know I'd resent not having someone around to talk to, if you get me.
---
#119 Posted: 17:58:19 09/12/2010
Oh, I would also be interested in working with animals!
---
#120 Posted: 18:05:28 09/12/2010
It sounds like you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot with all these pessimistic thoughts, Cynder_Fan. Having a place of your own, even a small one, is great and you'll get that no doubt. Having a relationship isn't the end all, be all of life the movies say it is. You don't need a significant other to be happy, just friends and loved ones. smilie
#121 Posted: 18:10:59 09/12/2010
I'm naturally pessimistic about my actions. Being aroujnd the wrong people doesn't help at all. I'd like to be older with my own house with someone else like a friend, but That's years away, and I have no money at all, so...
---
#122 Posted: 18:13:01 09/12/2010
Hmmm.... when it comes to romance, I probably won't commit to a girl unless I am really sure she is "the one". Other than that, I would just be fine with a few friends. When it comes to getting a girlfriend, I'm at quite a disadvantage! I live out in the country, attend an all-boys school and I'm not a fan of discos and parties, so....yeah!smilie
I'm not terribly bothered by it though.
---
#123 Posted: 18:40:23 09/12/2010
Just remember: girls are human beings and this whole concept of "the one" is total crap. Whoever you fall in love with (if anyone), they aren't perfect and they aren't going to make your life magically better just by being in it.

As for moving out on your own, start now with a job and a savings account. Babysitting is sometimes a good way to start if you're too young to get a starter job. Mowing lawns or doing housework for neighbors you trust is also a decent start.
#124 Posted: 18:51:45 09/12/2010
By "the one", I don't necessarily mean the perfect one. You see, a lot of girls I meet nowadays always want to just party and what not and are total sluts. There are a couple of decent ones though. I just want to meet "the one" girl who has at least a few things in common with me. For example, a girl who could at least tolerate the fact I'm a gamer, an artist and a creative person in general would be fine for me. I would even be willing to make compromises(I do it enough as it is!). But if they were interested in similar stuff to me, that would be awesome!

TBH though, relationships are the least of my concerns right now.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#125 Posted: 21:54:32 09/12/2010
Time to be deep! smilie When I hear the phrase "the one", I just think of it as meeting someone you know you want to spend the rest of your life with, and you'll never let anything tear you apart.
..Movies give false expectations as to how relationships really are today, IMO.
#126 Posted: 21:57:52 09/12/2010
By "the one", I don't necessarily mean the perfect one. You see, a lot of girls I meet nowadays always want to just party and what not and are total sluts.

Oh, I hear ya on that one. That's why I have limited female friends smilie
---
#127 Posted: 21:58:06 09/12/2010
^Agreed.

Also, has anyone else noticed that topics have been de-railing into stuff about drugs, sex and people's personal life a lot recently?smilie
---
#128 Posted: 21:59:25 09/12/2010
Haha, I know!
But then again, this topic was off from the start smilie
#129 Posted: 22:19:37 09/12/2010
I don't know what I want to do.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#130 Posted: 22:25:06 09/12/2010
Working with animals is my priority.

I've been on that path since I was three years old, apparently (yeah, not even I could remember when I began that ambition, my mum told me that!).
---
Eh.
#131 Posted: 22:31:31 09/12/2010
My mam and a couple of other people tell me I'm great with animals, but I don't know!
I mean, I'm interested in animals, but being able to entertain dogs and cats for a long period of time doesn't exactly make me great with them, now does it?

@Spyroo: I also have limited female friends. Although, I've noticed that most of the people I talk to here and on dA are female.
---
#132 Posted: 22:34:05 09/12/2010
I have quite a few female friends, but just as many male ones too. Everybody calls me a flirt, because apparently if I talk to a boy that means I automatically want to go out with them, even if I already have a boyfriend. smilie
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
#133 Posted: 22:40:28 09/12/2010
I love animals!! I own two rabbits and two dogs. I used to have two hamsters, but they died of age, and two other rabbits, but they died of age as well D:

I have an equal amount of guy and girl friends in real life. I have three really close girl friends, and about five guy friends.. That's not equal, buuut, it's easier to hang out with guys, because they're not sluts nor drama-makers. smilie Online, I'd say I have an eqal number of guys and girls I talk to. The people I talk to most online, since I only go on here and DeviantArt aside from Facebook, is Sonicbrawler and Aura, really. Haha. Aside from on here I don't talk to many people aside from Real Life Friends. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:40:59 09/12/2010 by Darby
#134 Posted: 22:49:52 09/12/2010
I don't really have female "friends", but I have aquantances that I see from time to time, and I talk to them on Facebook occasionally.
The reason is more because of the fact that I hardly get the chance to even see any as opposed to them acting slutty, because I go to an all-boys school and I live in the country(I'm probably going to regret it later in life!smilie).

Gah, I just made myself look like some sort of nobody now!smilie
---
#135 Posted: 23:08:23 09/12/2010
I don't really have female "friends", but I have aquantances that I see from time to time, and I talk to them on Facebook occasionally.
The reason is more because of the fact that I hardly get the chance to even see any as opposed to them acting slutty, because I go to an all-boys school and I live in the country(I'm probably going to regret it later in life!smilie).

Gah, I just made myself look like some sort of nobody now!smilie

Nah, I'm in the same boat.

I for some reason get along with animals, and have been told I have a skill with them. When I was a bit younger, I used to get angry at zoo keepers for having other people as their friends and always going on about partying, when there were people like me who cared only about the animals and would dedicate all free time to them.

When I was very young, I always wanted to be a vet..... Until I found out that many parts would involve putting an animal to sleep. I just..... Couldn't do that, even if it was for the best ._.
---
#136 Posted: 23:15:38 09/12/2010
I would be able to bring myself to put down an animal. I'm always the sort of person who "does a job when nobody else will"!smilie
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#137 Posted: 09:07:23 10/12/2010
I have no idea what I want to do. :\
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#138 Posted: 11:20:37 10/12/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I have no idea what I want to do. smilie

Me too! LOL.

But when I was a kid, at first I wanted to be a music/song writer, and I did actually try and write songs, and at one point I managed to record them, I was only 7, lol, it's funny listening to it again, my voice is so high-pitched.

Then I randomly wanted to be a voice-actor, and I used to try and voice Spyro as a kid in School, some people thought it was cool, I don't even know why I did it.

Afterwards I started to write small stories, and I thought to myself that I wanted to be a story writer, so I wrote about a few things, and that made my imagination go wild, and I started to get ideas from video games a little bit and thought why not try and make games on paper? And then I used to draw bird's eye view levels onto paper, and write a little story with them.

And now, I just don't know what I want to do, all that other stuff was AGES ago and is all in the past now, I did all that kind of stuff back in early 2000's, late 1990's.

I tried to do some of that stuff a year ago, and I just don't have patience like I used to, I just don't know what to do now, I used to have an ambition, but that was before I looked at reality.
#139 Posted: 16:51:39 10/12/2010
Lol, you reminded me. I would also like to be an author. smilie It's not like I would dedicate all my time to it or anything, but I would love to write a book someday.
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
#140 Posted: 19:04:46 10/12/2010
Oh hey, the thread appeared again.
---
Eh.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#141 Posted: 19:05:33 10/12/2010
Quote: enchantedglied
Quote: Stormy
yeah

down with classic spyro

Down with it how, exactly? The games aren't being made anymore, so it's not like there's anything to take down. Which means you must be talking about the fans! How dare you imply that my opinion should be squashed! I am offended! D:
...That or you're just a troll. Yeah, probably that. Move along everyone, nothing to see here. =P

im saying los is better than classic spyro

BOTH Are just as good
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#142 Posted: 19:09:25 10/12/2010
yeah

down with classic spyro

Down with it how, exactly? The games aren't being made anymore, so it's not like there's anything to take down. Which means you must be talking about the fans! How dare you imply that my opinion should be squashed! I am offended! D:
...That or you're just a troll. Yeah, probably that. Move along everyone, nothing to see here. =P

Maybe because you haven't played the classic games to know.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#143 Posted: 19:14:35 10/12/2010
Why do you have to ruin every topic you post in?
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
#144 Posted: 19:36:17 10/12/2010
To be fair, this topic wasn't exactly one that could be ruined by anyone as it was already bad.
---
Eh.
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#145 Posted: 19:53:52 10/12/2010
yeah

down with classic spyro

1. Lol, dude, that was sarcasm.
2. Why are you allowed to say that, but when other people say the opposite, you say, "thats your opinion"? Wasn't that post just your opinion? If you think other people have to specify that, you should have to say it, too, or you look arrogant trying to say your opinion is fact.
#146 Posted: 20:17:01 10/12/2010
You may not like the Classics, but a vast majority of people here do. You are entitled to your own opinion, but you have to respect others opinions too. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't talk about it.
---
#147 Posted: 20:39:46 10/12/2010
I like how you only read that one part of my post and didn't bother to think for more than five seconds about what I meant by it.
#148 Posted: 21:06:43 10/12/2010
=/ I'm not being mean; I'm being honest, and you're being unintelligent, or at least lazy. What you did was pick out the one part of my post that you didn't like and only responded to that without thinking about it at all. Maybe it should be "if can't think before you post, don't say anything at all." I'll give you a break because apparently you're only 10, but seriously, don't go around saying whatever you want while not letting other people do the same.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#149 Posted: 23:12:10 10/12/2010
if u dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all

And if you aren't going to let others speak their opinion, then don't comment on how what you said is your opinion, because it ends up looking like a one sided fight.

=/ I'm not being mean; I'm being honest, and you're being unintelligent, or at least lazy. What you did was pick out the one part of my post that you didn't like and only responded to that without thinking about it at all. Maybe it should be "if can't think before you post, don't say anything at all." I'll give you a break because apparently you're only 10, but seriously, don't go around saying whatever you want while not letting other people do the same.

Brilliant words.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#150 Posted: 01:12:45 11/12/2010
im not saying my opinion is fact

I know what Santa Clause is getting you for Christmas... A dictionary, so you can look up the difference between fact and opinion...
First | Previous | Page 3 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me