Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ember or Cynder? [CLOSED]
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#101 Posted: 16:21:50 05/07/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
Technically, Cynder isn't a Sue... now good ol' Fat O'Donnell on the other hand...

Yes she is.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#102 Posted: 16:27:45 05/07/2009
Wow, great argument Tango.
#103 Posted: 16:57:18 05/07/2009
Quote: BlinktheCookie

It is, isn't it?
Rabbit Red Sparx Gems: 83
#104 Posted: 17:24:21 05/07/2009
Has anyone mentioned Sheila?
People say a kangaroo + dragon isn't right,but a cheetah + bunny is just as twisted. I say go with the kangaroo,either that or Elora.
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#105 Posted: 18:47:20 05/07/2009
Well, Sheila looks more like a giant mouse... smilie
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#106 Posted: 19:17:32 05/07/2009

That mistake has been made before,, *points at the looney toons*
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#107 Posted: 02:11:00 06/07/2009

yea she does
#108 Posted: 02:24:50 06/07/2009
Quote: ignitusforever

That mistake has been made before,, *points at the looney toons*

Exactly. smilie
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#109 Posted: 10:53:02 07/07/2009
*sighs* I've completely forgot about one lil red dragon.... Let me change my opinion please.

I prefer Cynder to be with Flame. Don't know why, but I just do. So that means that Spyro is with Elora.

And about Cynder, it may seem like I don't really like Cynder, but I do. I like her in ANB and TEN, but not DOTD. Her personality pissed me off in DOTD and her voice got annoying too. She was very close to being a marry-sue, so I guess I could say that she IS a marry-sue in DOTD. And her body shape.... She is way to skinny on the body... ANB Cynder could kick @ss. She could really kick butt in ANB. TEN Cynder was also great even though she couldn't really kick ass (her personality was still good).

And, sorry if I got off topic. I sort off drifted off a bit... xD
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
MithosKuu Red Sparx Gems: 33
#110 Posted: 14:06:36 08/07/2009
Why do people get so worked up over this?
The Legend trilogy takes place in a separate continuity from the other games, let the Legend Spyro have Cynder, and let the Classic Spyro have Ember and/or Elora.
Besides the personalities of the two Spyro's are so vastly different I would consider them different characters even if they both shared the same continuity.
Dragongirl Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#111 Posted: 16:40:32 08/07/2009
Cynder definetly smilie
#112 Posted: 20:35:12 08/07/2009
Quote: Tango

It is, isn't it?

Yes, you really stated your reason!
#113 Posted: 23:13:18 08/07/2009
Topics like this need to stop! Elora,ember,cynder,dotdcynder,flame,spyroxcynder,spyroxember,flamexember,flamexcynder,spyroxelora, they can all take a ****en hike!!!!! smilie
I can't take it anymore! Its so stupid and annoying!!
Giveitup13 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1004
#114 Posted: 23:40:20 08/07/2009
Sheesh.Calm down.It's not a big deal.
---
Signature?I'm too lazy to type one.
#115 Posted: 01:32:36 09/07/2009
Bu it is annoying!!
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#116 Posted: 01:38:02 09/07/2009
Well why are you in here then? not trying to be mean.....but why typing in a topic that is annoying?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:43:59 09/07/2009 by wspyro
#117 Posted: 02:26:55 09/07/2009
^ The fact that there is so many off these topics is annoying. And then there is the SxC fantards that do nothing but b**ch about Ember and Elora because they don't think they go well together. And people keep on flaming poor Ember because they think Cynder is so sexy and Ember is girly. Well, Ember is girly, but thats better then a marry-sue.

Ever since Cynder turned back to normal at the end of ANB, people started going over board about SxC and they completely forgot the real thing about Spyro and that is NOT romance. And then Cynder said
I love you

at the end of DOTD, that drove the SxC fans crazy! And now there going on about Spyro and Cynder having a child and all that rubbish that shouldn't happen. smilie I now wish that Cynder never went back to being good and staid evil. That way, her character wouldn't off been ruined and there wouldn't be so many drooling SxC fans and maybe there will be more SpyroxElora and SpyroxEmber fans.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#118 Posted: 04:03:58 09/07/2009
I've come to important conclusion:

The only Spyro people want is the Jerkass Stu that made up the Classics. =/

And Cynder isn't a Mary Sue. She's far from it. And if you compare her to a real Sue/Stu like FAT O'DONNELL, you'll see what I mean.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#119 Posted: 18:49:57 09/07/2009
At least tha Jerkass stu wasn't badly designed and one-sided. Being made in the 90's doesn't automatically make something suck! Hell, I was made in the ****ing 90's! I wish you'd get over your stupid complex with that era. Gawd, you want a bad era? I'd say this is probably way worse!
#120 Posted: 20:22:20 09/07/2009
At least tha Jerkass stu wasn't badly designed and one-sided. Being made in the 90's doesn't automatically make something suck! Hell, I was made in the ****ing 90's! I wish you'd get over your stupid complex with that era. Gawd, you want a bad era? I'd say this is probably way worse!

No need to swear. It makes you look imature.
Giveitup13 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1004
#121 Posted: 21:47:23 09/07/2009
Tango's got a point.
---
Signature?I'm too lazy to type one.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#122 Posted: 02:13:13 10/07/2009

And Cynder isn't a Mary Sue. She's far from it. And if you compare her to a real Sue/Stu like FAT O'DONNELL, you'll see what I mean.

Well, she does meet some of the requirements. The only thing that needs to happen is she has to get killed off only to be revived in a clichéd fashion by the efforts of Spyro... then she's really a Mary Sue. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#123 Posted: 02:21:26 10/07/2009
Quote: Cynder_543
^ The fact that there is so many off these topics is annoying. And then there is the SxC fantards that do nothing but b**ch about Ember and Elora because they don't think they go well together. And people keep on flaming poor Ember because they think Cynder is so sexy and Ember is girly. Well, Ember is girly, but thats better then a marry-sue.

Ever since Cynder turned back to normal at the end of ANB, people started going over board about SxC and they completely forgot the real thing about Spyro and that is NOT romance. And then Cynder said
I love you

at the end of DOTD, that drove the SxC fans crazy! And now there going on about Spyro and Cynder having a child and all that rubbish that shouldn't happen. smilie I now wish that Cynder never went back to being good and staid evil. That way, her character wouldn't off been ruined and there wouldn't be so many drooling SxC fans and maybe there will be more SpyroxElora and SpyroxEmber fans.

Tottaly agree! I made a SpyroxEmber video just to mock SxC fans! smilie
And the way people say Cynder is a mary sue because of how "hot" she looks in DOTD,plus with Spyro telling Cynder to stay close to him
twice So this is my conclusion.
It sounds like Spyro
wants to knock Cynder up 1,000,000,000 times and move on to the next dragoness.
Please don't report me for saying that, that is my opionon.
#124 Posted: 02:38:10 10/07/2009
Quote: HIR

Well, she does meet some of the requirements. The only thing that needs to happen is she has to get killed off only to be revived in a clichéd fashion by the efforts of Spyro... then she's really a Mary Sue. <.<;

Still, it doesn't measure to O'Donnell. He is a real Sue.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#125 Posted: 02:41:32 10/07/2009
Yes. I got that the first 999 times you mentioned it. ^_^
---
#126 Posted: 02:47:41 10/07/2009
Quote: HIR
Yes. I got that the first 999 times you mentioned it. smilie

Well, good I don't have to keep repeating it then. I'd wish everyone else was capable, but I guess they have a memory span of an aphid (because goldfish, as I learned, have a memory that can remember something from three years ago, so I don't use goldfish anymore) because I have to keep bringing it up.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#127 Posted: 02:56:44 10/07/2009
Um... I'm not sure why I wanna ask this, but; how is Rosie O'Donnell a mary-sue? smilie (not that I offend her or anything)

EDIT::

Whoops! I thought you guys were talking about Rosie O'DonALD. smilie;;;
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:00:15 10/07/2009 by Aqua-Dragoness
#128 Posted: 06:26:09 10/07/2009
Cr@p! Did I just start a fight after I said what I think about the SxC fans? D:
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#129 Posted: 22:14:39 10/07/2009
Yes, and I shall stand by j00r point!
Spyro of dark Gold Sparx Gems: 2973
#130 Posted: 04:52:31 13/07/2009
I think Cynder because Spyro and Cynder look cute together :P
---
"Justice will prevail"- L
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:55:58 13/07/2009 by Spyro of dark
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#131 Posted: 07:21:22 13/07/2009
Now... Was this topic made for seeing who made better couples or was it made for seeing who the better character was?
I never really got that... I just hear "Oh, I think Cynder would be better with Spyro!" a few people saying who they think is better, but mostly people and their couple fights. o.o
#132 Posted: 07:58:50 13/07/2009

You were born in the 90s so does that mean you hate yourself?
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#133 Posted: 17:06:18 13/07/2009
I was born in '89...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#134 Posted: 17:06:43 13/07/2009
I was about to say that smilie
#135 Posted: 06:22:53 14/07/2009
I was born in '89...

Great, I got pwn'd. smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
CyanCynder Red Sparx Gems: 66
#136 Posted: 10:15:58 14/07/2009
Cynder off course,Embers to well..."girly" i can't imagine her fighting or anythig,besides,Cynder's breath abilities are awesome.

smiliesmilie
---
Very slack weekend so far.read entire english book,and drew some more dragons.Anyone else have a nice laid back weekend??
#137 Posted: 11:57:04 14/07/2009
^ And Cynder is a marry-sue. Thats worst then being Girly.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#138 Posted: 03:16:02 15/07/2009
Okay, I'll ask again, this time without rudeness...

EMBER...

or CYNDER...

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

See, I painted them both in a positive light... sure, I like Cynder more because of her Dark Personality before DotD, but really, it's up to you who you think is best fitting and what not.

I think the real problem is that there is too few females in the Spyro universe who have importance. Sure, there are the cast fillers, but still, if we had more females who had personalities going beyond one or two stereotypes, there could be room for a good relationship...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#139 Posted: 04:13:59 15/07/2009
Elora. smilie

If Ember hadn't gone with Bandit in actual game canon, I'd say she's a perfect fit for AHT Spyro.

Cynder and LoS Spyro are canonically a couple, so there's that.

And Elora balances out Insomniac Spyro's more rash tendencies.

Now everyone's happy. Ta-da! Isn't it great when your franchise has three definitive, clearly separate universes with three very different main heroes (whose only commonalities are that they all share the name Spyro and are purple)? It means that, whatever you preferred ship, it is as canon as any relationship in any kids' game ever gets to be.
The Gunslinger Ripto Gems: 477
#140 Posted: 04:48:59 15/07/2009
Quote: Energy dragon
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
which of them may be cynder!

Cynder is more attractive than Ember, imo.

HIR, why did DOTD leave you unsure about SpyroxCynder?
#141 Posted: 13:19:10 15/07/2009
Seriously, Cynder is better off with Flame. And that leaves Spyro with Elora. Which is a good thing.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#142 Posted: 15:02:49 15/07/2009
Quote: Razz
Elora. smilie

If Ember hadn't gone with Bandit in actual game canon, I'd say she's a perfect fit for AHT Spyro.

Cynder and LoS Spyro are canonically a couple, so there's that.

And Elora balances out Insomniac Spyro's more rash tendencies.

Now everyone's happy. Ta-da! Isn't it great when your franchise has three definitive, clearly separate universes with three very different main heroes (whose only commonalities are that they all share the name Spyro and are purple)? It means that, whatever you preferred ship, it is as canon as any relationship in any kids' game ever gets to be.

Razz has sense. End of story.
#143 Posted: 02:37:21 16/07/2009
Quote: The Gunslinger
HIR, why did DOTD leave you unsure about SpyroxCynder?

What do you mean "unsure?" I was never in favor of it in the first place. The other problem was that the way Sierra thrust the DotD ending in our faces was not only cliché but frustrating. What was even more annoying was a massive wave of SpyroxCynder fanboys that sprouted from DotD. They dragged their somewhat ridiculous ideas to DeviantArt and FanFiction.net and 90% of the SpyroxCynder stories make me sick (a majority of this stuff is just pointless sex... no real romance to add suspense or drama).

Before the wave of DotD fanboys, SpyroxCynder stories were more creative (especially stemming from after ANB) because the SpyroxCynder concept seemed less likely that it would be a reality. It was after TEN that I began to think "oh schmoof, I see where this is going." It turned out I was right; I didn't expect it at such a high level though. And that's why it angers me. Most SpyroxCynder people are going around advocating for Spyro and Cynder to have sex/children. Neither of these actions would fit in a Spyro game.

Maybe if Sierra gave up on Spyro and threw the game to developers that couldn't care less about a game's ratings, these SpyroxCynder ideas would be plausible. But they aren't, so I wish such concepts like "Spyro and Cynder need to have an egg," would disappear.
---
#144 Posted: 02:50:56 16/07/2009
But we're stuck with them.

But you know what really bothers me about the SxC shippers is that they make these characters get into erotic and parental relationships while they appear to been in their teens.

But then again, I don't support the pairing, I have my own ideal mates for them...

But here's where it gets interesting about me, unlike most people, I do not shove it down their throats and expect them to like it. In fact, this is what most people should do, but heck, even crack pairings wind up getting spammed all over the place no matter what...

However, if they do stick with the SxC pairing, then Sierra (or um Activision) needs to make it better and more believable. I think this whole one female BS is part of the damn problem, and writers really need to sit down and try to make their universes better so that we don't get into this kind of problem. But as always, most writers are arrogant males anyway who think it's utterly cool that having one female for every male in a series to get wohooy with is funny. =/
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#145 Posted: 07:52:52 16/07/2009
I'm with you about the single female thing, BlackDragonAJ. That's bugged since ANB.

As for Spyro and Cynder in erotica, it's funny, but no one really did that until DotD came out. Heck, even I got sucked into it (it's hard not to when Cynder looks like a tart and the game company has decided that they're legal in Japan D: ).

The whole thing with Spyro and Cynder as parents, especially at their current age, will never cease to disturb me. (And also make me laugh since I like to think that both Spyro and Cynder are sterile. smilie)

And I sorely miss the days when you could write a story in which Cynder couldn't even figure out how to treat a friend, much less sort out any romantic feelings (mainly because she was friggin' TWELVE). I also miss the possibility of her being a bit evil by choice. Stupid DotD ruined what little potential this series had. Bleagh.
#146 Posted: 13:53:12 16/07/2009
Quote: Razz

And I sorely miss the days when you could write a story in which Cynder couldn't even figure out how to treat a friend, much less sort out any romantic feelings (mainly because she was friggin' TWELVE). I also miss the possibility of her being a bit evil by choice. Stupid DotD ruined what little potential this series had. Bleagh.

Couldn't agree more. If only they could have made her an anti-hero. In the beginning of TEN it seemed like that was how it was going to turn out until Sierra played the damsel in distress card.
---
#147 Posted: 14:39:33 16/07/2009
I would put that card back in the pile if I were them...

I'd support SxC if DOTD hadn't have ruined Cynder for me...
Takoto Red Sparx Gems: 28
#148 Posted: 16:44:22 17/07/2009
I'd say Cynder.
#149 Posted: 22:49:22 17/07/2009
Quote: Rabbit
Has anyone mentioned Sheila?
People say a kangaroo + dragon isn't right,but a cheetah + bunny is just as twisted. I say go with the kangaroo,either that or Elora.

But shelias a boy!
#150 Posted: 23:20:19 17/07/2009
Really now? Where'd you hear that? Sheila was a girl. She's referred to as "she" and being female in YotD frequently.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me