First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
What If... [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#101 Posted: 12:40:53 14/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
Just to clear things up:

"Yaoi (やおい?)[nb 1] is a popular term for female-oriented fictional media that focus on homoerotic or homoromantic male relationships, usually created by female authors."

Just because one person on dA who makes a stamp would like to think otherwise, doesn't make it true.

As for gay relationships in Spyro, I think I've already said my thoughts on it here, but here they are again:

I'm not averse to gay relationships in popular media, but I don't think romance of any sort should even be a part of kids' games except, maybe, on the sidelines or in fandoms.

And what about the girls, eh? All the yaoi fans just think about the boys kissing. There are girls who like girls out there, you know. smilie

Regardless, I think it would be highly inappropriate for anything worse than Elora's peck on the cheek and Cynder's uncertain "I love you" to enter into the series (and I'm not really so keen on Cynder's statement; it was a bit much for a game marketed at kids).

I knew that about Yaoi. And I liked Spyro better when he was single. The only "romance" was Ember's mention of engagement and Spyro's shocked face in response, and Elora's kiss. I think LOs ruined spyro in a way because he is so caught up in this ridiculously lovey dovey relationship with Cynder. He saves her from evil in ANB (Cleche), then goes running all over the place in TEN trying to find/save her, and in DotD there's all this over emotional stuff (iggy dies, Cynder was always Malefor's puppet, betraying Spyro without knowing, etc.). And Spyro and Sparx used to be SUCH good friends! (It's partly the fault of SpyroXCynder that they're not) Now they're just rude to each other. Sparx insists Cynder is evil (I think she should have stayed tht way even if she was young again, or at least hated Spyro as a side effect of Malefor's Spells) and Spyro, I don't know, admonishes (right word?) Sparx in favor of Cynder's opinions, (like when Sparx was fooling around "crushing" the Destroyer's head and Cynder made a sarcastic remarc, and Spyro told Sparx to stop it) and eventually Spyro leaves Sparx with his girlfriend to go fight the baddies. If DotD were an original Spyro game, Sparx would have been right there with Spyro all the way. Iggy wouldn't have died either, he would have made it through the fire, A-okay and then left Spyro, Cynder AND Sparx on the other side with a generic modivational statement like "Go get em' Spyro!" and the game would have continued there, no issues at all.
My point: I agree with Razz's statement about love in kid's games, and I believe Spyro was way better in the original series, largely because he was single.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#102 Posted: 20:44:28 14/07/2009
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

I think LOs ruined spyro in a way because he is so caught up in this ridiculously lovey dovey relationship with Cynder. He saves her from evil in ANB (Cleche), then goes running all over the place in TEN trying to find/save her, and in DotD there's all this over emotional stuff (iggy dies, Cynder was always Malefor's puppet, betraying Spyro without knowing, etc.). And Spyro and Sparx used to be SUCH good friends! (It's partly the fault of SpyroXCynder that they're not) Now they're just rude to each other. Sparx insists Cynder is evil (I think she should have stayed tht way even if she was young again, or at least hated Spyro as a side effect of Malefor's Spells) and Spyro, I don't know, admonishes (right word?) Sparx in favor of Cynder's opinions, (like when Sparx was fooling around "crushing" the Destroyer's head and Cynder made a sarcastic remarc, and Spyro told Sparx to stop it) and eventually Spyro leaves Sparx with his girlfriend to go fight the baddies. If DotD were an original Spyro game, Sparx would have been right there with Spyro all the way. Iggy wouldn't have died either, he would have made it through the fire, A-okay and then left Spyro, Cynder AND Sparx on the other side with a generic modivational statement like "Go get em' Spyro!" and the game would have continued there, no issues at all.
My point: I agree with Razz's statement about love in kid's games, and I believe Spyro was way better in the original series, largely because he was single.

Okay, I was ignoring this topic because I don't give a **** anymore but I have to say something

1) Clearly you don't like TLoS. It's just a step in a different direction, so don't get upset about ut, because the original and LoS had nothing to do with each other. - How is it ridiculous? It's just a normal thing that happens right? Besides, your the one that wants Spyro gay. That's apart of human nature, and it doesn't belong in the dragon world. (I probably should've mentioned before about specific natures.)
Other stuff including this topic, I try to keep separate from what a human does and what a dragon would do.

2) A good story/ plotline has to have those little holes in it.
SOMEBODY on the good side of a story has to die in order to keep balance. Basically speaking, if Iggy DIDN'T die, storywise would get a little corny because things would be evading death 100% of the time.
I can't explain what I mean very clearly. smilie
It is sad the Iggy died, but SOMEBODY had to.
(That's why in my FanFic, I'm gonna have Chief Prowles get killed.
Well, I'm gonna do it somehow. smilie )

"Like what if everybody in the Saw movies always escaped their traps?"
#103 Posted: 21:09:51 14/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: XenoSpyro

I think LOs ruined spyro in a way because he is so caught up in this ridiculously lovey dovey relationship with Cynder. He saves her from evil in ANB (Cleche), then goes running all over the place in TEN trying to find/save her, and in DotD there's all this over emotional stuff (iggy dies, Cynder was always Malefor's puppet, betraying Spyro without knowing, etc.). And Spyro and Sparx used to be SUCH good friends! (It's partly the fault of SpyroXCynder that they're not) Now they're just rude to each other. Sparx insists Cynder is evil (I think she should have stayed tht way even if she was young again, or at least hated Spyro as a side effect of Malefor's Spells) and Spyro, I don't know, admonishes (right word?) Sparx in favor of Cynder's opinions, (like when Sparx was fooling around "crushing" the Destroyer's head and Cynder made a sarcastic remarc, and Spyro told Sparx to stop it) and eventually Spyro leaves Sparx with his girlfriend to go fight the baddies. If DotD were an original Spyro game, Sparx would have been right there with Spyro all the way. Iggy wouldn't have died either, he would have made it through the fire, A-okay and then left Spyro, Cynder AND Sparx on the other side with a generic modivational statement like "Go get em' Spyro!" and the game would have continued there, no issues at all.

Okay, I was ignoring this topic because I don't give a **** anymore but I have to say something

1) Clearly you don't like TLoS. It's just a step in a different direction, so don't get upset about ut, because the original and LoS had nothing to do with each other. - How is it ridiculous? It's just a normal thing that happens right? Besides, your the one that wants Spyro gay. That's apart of human nature, and it doesn't belong in the dragon world. (I probably should've mentioned before about specific natures.)
Other stuff including this topic, I try to keep separate from what a human does and what a dragon would do.

SOMEBODY on the good side of a story has to die in order to keep balance. Basically speaking, if Iggy DIDN'T die, storywise would get a little corny because things would be evading death 100% of the time.

For one thing, I don't dislike LOS, I just preffer Original Spyro. I didn't call LOS ridiculous, I said that how in love Cynder and Spyro are and how much it changed Spyro is ridiculous. Also, you can't say what a dragon would do, you've never met one. Dragons, according to movies/games/ books, are very human-like in behavior and intelligence, so who's to say they can't love anyone, regardless of gender?

For another thing, I don't want Spyro gay, though I wouldn't be bothered by it. I just made the topic to see what people think about it.

I've read plenty of books and played plenty of games where good ppl don't die. The corny thing/cleche is how the mentor always dies. In Eragon Brom died, in Spyro Iggy died, etc. As for the saw movies, the whole point of those films was to kill the characters in some of the most gruesome, horrifying ways. (So I'm told; I don't watch horror movies.)
---
#104 Posted: 23:01:50 14/07/2009
Quote: XenoSpyro

For one thing, I don't dislike LOS, I just preffer Original Spyro. I didn't call LOS ridiculous,
I said that how in love Cynder and Spyro are and how much it changed Spyro is ridiculous.
||||| Also, you can't say what a dragon would do, you've never met one.
\\\ Dragons, according to movies/games/ books, are very human-like in behavior and intelligence, so who's to say they can't love anyone, regardless of gender?

For another thing, I don't want Spyro gay, though I wouldn't be bothered by it. I just made the topic to see what people think about it.

I've read plenty of books and played plenty of games where good ppl don't die. The corny thing/cleche is how the mentor always dies. In Eragon Brom died, in Spyro Iggy died, etc. As for the saw movies, the whole point of those films was to kill the characters in some of the most gruesome, horrifying ways. (So I'm told; I don't watch horror movies.)

1) That's what I was talking about! smilie

2) NEITHER have YOU! [slaps forehead]

3)Maybe they're better than us. Maybe they want to be close to nothing LIKE us! I know if I were a dragon I'd do anything possible to avoid being like a human as much as possible aside from language and intelligence.

Besides...those "movies/games/books are of human depiction. You can't decide what's true becuz of what others say.
you have to go with deep, fully thought out personal opinions and put yourself as that opinion to figure stuff out. (I'm not in the mood to better detail what I meant.)
#105 Posted: 23:34:34 14/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Neither of us have met dragons. Neither of us can say if they would be gay or not. I say it depends on the dragon. Some hate humans and thier many many follies and avoid being like them at all costs, others love humans and shapeshift into them from time to time. Others are in the middle or indifferent.

Frankly it make us both seem foolish arguing about what dragons would do or not. We both have our opinions I respect yours and you should respect mine.
---
#106 Posted: 01:17:59 15/07/2009
Neither of us have met dragons. Neither of us can say if they would be gay or not. I say it depends on the dragon. Some hate humans and thier many many follies and avoid being like them at all costs, others love humans and shapeshift into them from time to time. Others are in the middle or indifferent.

Frankly it make us both seem foolish arguing about what dragons would do or not. We both have our opinions I respect yours and you should respect mine.

That's why I've lightened up about the whole deal. It does depended on that specific dragons mindset.

Oh yeah, keep in mind not all dragons are the same so don't generalize about their powers and stuff.
#107 Posted: 02:55:37 15/07/2009 | Topic Creator
I never did. That seemed a little random... I wasn't saying all dragons could transform.
---
#108 Posted: 02:20:20 16/07/2009
Okay. smilie I didn't say you were...it's just in case you are anybody else says all dragons do certain somethings. (Anybody could say anything.)
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#109 Posted: 16:03:50 16/07/2009
Quote: Spyros girl
Quote: wspyro
There ARE kids in this site.

you're a kid until you turn 13, I'm 11. Close

Im 14 smilie
shadowdragon5 Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#110 Posted: 14:10:43 20/07/2009
do you have to go offtopic with age? and i agree with what wspyro says. i dont care for what age anyone here is it doesnt really matter, i also had arguements with my sister with this too

i would like to meet with a dragon i think that would be really cool. i would like to see how a dragon would be like personally. i would like to have it to where that not only dragons but other mythical creatures were real too,but mostly dragons.
---
Aww, I wanted to explode.
#111 Posted: 14:24:59 20/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Uh, okay, now you're off topic. This topic is about gay spyro, not meeting dragons or the reality of mythical beings. Although you're right, I'd like to meet dragons/faries/gryphons too.smilie
---
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#112 Posted: 11:20:19 21/07/2009
This topic is about gay spyro

Haha! smilie Putting it bluntly.. smilie
#113 Posted: 21:10:47 21/07/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, no kidding...
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me