Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
I now HATE TLoS. [CLOSED]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#101 Posted: 21:33:40 26/05/2009
Hey... This guy has a fair point... Were still playing the original games right? We still talk about it so in a way... The original Spyro will be there even though its not there... If you get what I mean... Im no good with that kinda stuff smilie
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#102 Posted: 23:41:28 26/05/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
Then there are those who are layered and have valid reasons as to why they find both Legends and Originals having good points and really bad points.

Here's the sugar coated side of both:

ORIGINALS:
- New idea of gameplay; you get to be a dragon.
- Hordes of Sidequests to go on.
- Large explorable worlds (in some cases)

LEGEND
- Thick Storyline and character traits
- Good music; very fitting for the environments its in.
- Makes the dragons seem less like monsters and actually seem like well, humans.

However, they have some extreme downfalls:

ORIGINALS:
- Originally intended as a spoof of Sonic; main reason why it got dumped off because lead character couldn't do more than just be "himself"
- Uninteresting storyline. You couldn't really care about the characters, which would result in less interest in playing sometime sooner or later.
- Extremely over-marketed, to the point that it annoyed most of the older, established gamers of the time.

LEGENDS:
- Too dang short; you can complete this whole trilogy in a week or less depending on just how good you are.
- Aggressive AI: I don't mind ambushes every now and then, but all the time? Eek!
- Over done Voice acting; I can say Cree Summers and Billy West are the only two VAs that actually are fit for the job. Besides, I'm not very fond of Elijah Wood being the VA of Spyro as you know (he's just too mellow and soft-sounding).

So yeah, everything has it's up and downs. Usually, I tend to ignore the flaws of the whole series because there are some people out there who don't even give a crap about Spyro in the first place (not like a certain plumber and hedgehog have anything to do with it).

Also, I think the real reason why people who are fans of the Legends that obsessed with them are loud about it is because of what exactly is out there ruling over gaming now.

- First person shooters, all of them either spoofs of Halo or Medal of Honor.
- Crime Sandbox games like that of GTA.
- Guitar Hero spoofs.
- JRPGs, Like Final Fantasy.
- Super Family Friendly Casual Games.
- Nintendo, as in the "nothing but hits" crowd of Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.
- And the movie games.

Really, things like platformers, shoot em ups, simulations, adventure, and strategy game have all but disappeared. Let alone, most games are nothing but gore fests these days it seems, or are just rated M for money, but never good.

So yeah, there are some major factors at play here.

I have to agree with you on that.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#103 Posted: 23:47:14 26/05/2009
The thing about the voice acting though...
The Billy West guy sucked...it sounded all weird...
Too bad they didn't keep David Spade from ANB 'cause he was good.
(I've seen Just Shoot Me...smilie)
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#104 Posted: 00:00:34 27/05/2009
Quote: bionicle2809
Hey... This guy has a fair point... Were still playing the original games right? We still talk about it so in a way... The original Spyro will be there even though its not there... If you get what I mean... Im no good with that kinda stuff smilie

Well, if you go onto a regular gaming forum, you'll hear no talk of Spyro, new or old.
Considering this is a Spyro forum, we tend to talk about Spyro. So, if you're taking a popularity vote, this'd be a pretty biased sample.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#105 Posted: 00:00:45 27/05/2009
Quote: XenoSpyro
The thing about the voice acting though...
The Billy West guy sucked...it sounded all weird...
Too bad they didn't keep David Spade from ANB 'cause he was good.
(I've seen Just Shoot Me...smilie)

Billy West was the best out of all of them to me! smilie!!! smilie
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#106 Posted: 01:25:07 27/05/2009
Didn't Billy West provide the voice of a Spyro character before he was Sparx? Like in a Hero's Tail?
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#107 Posted: 01:56:26 27/05/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Hey... This guy has a fair point... Were still playing the original games right? We still talk about it so in a way... The original Spyro will be there even though its not there... If you get what I mean... Im no good with that kinda stuff XD

Well, if you go onto a regular gaming forum, you'll hear no talk of Spyro, new or old.
Considering this is a Spyro forum, we tend to talk about Spyro. So, if you're taking a popularity vote, this'd be a pretty biased sample.

That would really depend. If you mention Spyro to older people on forums you can generally get a response referencing an Insomniac Spyro game.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#108 Posted: 06:54:29 27/05/2009
Yeah, but with those who've been around awhile and don't believe that Japanland is the center of the universe and don't believe that Eagleland is full of fat lazy people who can't make games.

Heck, I remember a topic on Gamespot/GameFAQs about including Spyro in Brawl; dumbest flame war I've seen-- because Spyro wasn't made by Japan and supposedly didn't deserve a place. =(

Which I find kind of funny considering just how much competition he had with that plumber and working with that one super spy... probably more so than with that blasted hedgehog because judging by what crap they picked (coughFatODonnellcough), they focused on the mid-late 90s decade to remind us of, in which Sonic was losing...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#109 Posted: 12:49:21 27/05/2009
What I don't like is that people are saying that they are going to continue TLOS even though there is NO proff that they are going to continue it. And I don't like how people are saying that the original Spyro is died. Why can't we go and wait till the next game before we start saying weather original Spyro is dead or not. smilie TLOS is a triogloy (or however you spell it...), not a series that is ten games long. A triogloy that continues on is fail IMO.....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#110 Posted: 13:14:59 27/05/2009
Quote: Cynder_543
What I don't like is that people are saying that they are going to continue TLOS even though there is NO proff that they are going to continue it. And I don't like how people are saying that the original Spyro is died. Why can't we go and wait till the next game before we start saying weather original Spyro is dead or not. smilie TLOS is a triogloy (or however you spell it...), not a series that is ten games long. A triogloy that continues on is fail IMO.....

Yeah but people also say that theyre continuing the orginal without proof... And there is proof that there continuing TLoS... On the sierra forums a while ago after they released DOTD, Mike from Sierra said that starting TLoS was to expand the game so they could customize it in any way without being held down to keep the feel of the original games that insomniac games made... The reason that no one believes us is because we can't proove it anymore... About 2 months after the Sierra forums were removed and no one believes us... And I know your just gonna say 'I don't believe you, your just making it up' well I'm not... Infact I'm so certain that if I'm lying I will burn all my copies of Spyro (including TLoS) and the prima guides, leave here, stop making youtube vids to do with Spyro and have nothing else to do with it ever again for as long as I live... Thats how certain...

Also... I hate it when people say that TLoS has to be just a trilogy of games... What if they continue the games with the same plot as TLoS but don't call it TLoS... Its the most logical thing yet no one is logical enough to realise it!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:17:15 27/05/2009 by bionicle2809
Sam the Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 224
#111 Posted: 14:53:12 27/05/2009
Quote: Dark Gaia999
It just got boring, and the characters are always so serious. In the original, they beat bad guys, but they also cut up and had fun, too. And the bad guys are way funnier.

Well, Spyro is maturing. So, what do they do? They add a semi-serious character to the duo. Cynder. Then they make Sparx even sillier than before. But that's no reason to hate it. The games may get old after a while, but if you play them enough times, you'll find things in the game that you didn't see before. I'm a witness to that.
#112 Posted: 15:27:56 27/05/2009
You know it is possible for Sierra/Activision to make a game with the gameplay of the originals yet keep the features, storyline, and tone of the Legends, considering they now have a company who isn't nearly broke being able to make the games.

That is, if Activision just can quit with their cash cow franchises for a moment or two. =(
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#113 Posted: 18:22:33 28/05/2009
Yeah when they meant the Legends are a trilogy they mean it's the big event that opens up the next Spyro universe. Now that Spyro is a legend in his new universe he can go on all sorts of new adventures.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#114 Posted: 21:26:59 28/05/2009
Heck, I remember a topic on Gamespot/GameFAQs about including Spyro in Brawl; dumbest flame war I've seen-- because Spyro wasn't made by Japan and supposedly didn't deserve a place. =(

Which I find kind of funny considering just how much competition he had with that plumber and working with that one super spy... probably more so than with that blasted hedgehog because judging by what crap they picked (coughFatODonnellcough), they focused on the mid-late 90s decade to remind us of, in which Sonic was losing...

HAHA, That would've been cool! smilie
(Imagines a 2-way fight between Pikachu and Spyro...hmm who toast now smilie )
#115 Posted: 22:00:10 28/05/2009

You'd have this thing where the two lightning bolts would meet eachother and like cause some crazy reaction smilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#116 Posted: 04:14:14 29/05/2009
^Gigabroswer would pop out of nowhere...... And fox MCcloud would do a barrol roll
#117 Posted: 06:04:57 29/05/2009

You'd have this thing where the two lightning bolts would meet eachother and like cause some crazy reaction smilie

.....[zap]...KABOOM!!! "Draw!" smilie
Leetdero Red Sparx Gems: 76
#118 Posted: 10:30:33 30/05/2009
Lets just all stop for one second. Do we all agree that Enter the dragonfly and a heroes tail really sucked. As for you original series haters. GTFO. And for the TLOS haters STFU
---
Hey kids, I have this new hard to find hack that I would like to show you. It's called skill
#119 Posted: 12:33:20 30/05/2009
Quote: Leetdero
Lets just all stop for one second. Do we all agree that Enter the dragonfly and a heroes tail really sucked. As for you original series haters. GTFO. And for the TLOS haters STFU

Now that was rude of you. smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#120 Posted: 14:12:12 30/05/2009

OPINION!

Also, Click this
#121 Posted: 17:45:10 30/05/2009
It's just another day in the neighborhood...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5908
#122 Posted: 17:52:16 30/05/2009
Quote: Tango

OPINION!

Also, Click this

I know, I can't help it. smilie
---
no i will not write a signature for you
sillyworld Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#123 Posted: 21:01:28 30/05/2009
I agree--I hate TLoS...reason being:

I prefer Spyro PS1 games because they were SO much more fun and had lots more to do.
TLoS is so boring! ...so you kick the enemies a**es and move on? There's nothing to explore or acomplish except that and headbashing a few gems here and there? I haven't been a**ed to play DoTD yet.
Not for me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:06:13 30/05/2009 by sillyworld
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#124 Posted: 21:17:33 30/05/2009
I know TLoS is a big change. I wasn't sure on it at first but now I like t. But my preferations are...

Tlos: 49%
S: 50%
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#125 Posted: 21:59:38 30/05/2009
ok. what about the one percent ???
---
Hey kids, I have this new hard to find hack that I would like to show you. It's called skill
#126 Posted: 23:59:17 30/05/2009
It is owned by Maxis most likely... Everyone usually owes 1% to Will Wright's games. XP
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#127 Posted: 01:45:38 31/05/2009
Wut...
---
#128 Posted: 06:02:51 31/05/2009
It's true. Sim City, The Sims, and Spore are some of the most addicting games you'll ever play.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#129 Posted: 08:53:22 31/05/2009
Quote: ShadowDragon91

Yeah... It is quite annoying that people just keep saying they hate TLoS over and over again as if we need reminding...

I agree, constantly saying it that is boring and lame is really starting to get really old and really fast.......

But you guys continue to trash the originals. So you think that it is okay for you to say that originals suck but it is not okay for us to say TLOS sucks? I think not. We have the right to trash it as much as you do because you trash the originals just as much, yet you don't seem to realise that. smilie If you guys stop dissing the originals, then I will stop dissing TLOS.

I wasn't trashing the Originals, all I was saying that constantly saying that Legend of Series is bad is getting kind of old as well. And the trashing of the older games is getting quite annoying too.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
#130 Posted: 18:18:19 31/05/2009
A good word of advice to the hatedom:

Not shutting up about something you hate makes you just as bad as the fandom who can't stop talking about how much they like what you hate.

With that said, it's all getting old.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#131 Posted: 19:05:59 31/05/2009

Not shutting up about something you hate makes you just as bad as the fandom who can't stop talking about how much they like what you hate.

QFT. ^.^
#132 Posted: 19:36:55 31/05/2009

And I already said that but oh well smilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#133 Posted: 23:50:57 31/05/2009
It's true. Sim City, The Sims, and Spore are some of the most addicting games you'll ever play.

Then why don't I own any of those games? <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#134 Posted: 07:02:00 01/06/2009
I don't know; maybe you're the exception... have you played any of them at a friend's house or something like that though?
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#135 Posted: 12:47:39 01/06/2009

But did you say anything when a serten person on here said "LEGEND BEATS ORIGINALS!!!!!!!!1111"? No you didn't and I find this very anoying. Oh, and I only started hateing TLOS more because off all the screaming fangirls/fanboys out there. And they havn't stoped trashing the originals.... smilie I just defanding the originals so that they will know that there is some people who prefer the originals more then TLOS. And this is my rant on the story line. It is short, I know. But I will continue it tomarrow.

People are saying that the originals are cliechi (sp?) and all that but they say that TLOS has a great story line? Is that realy what you think? In my opinion, TLOS's story line is lame, very lame and it belongs in the trash can. The "main charcter being specil" has been used many times. Why can't they pick something better? A three year old could off thought off a better storyline! The originals has an "easy to follow" story line and Spyro is not specil in anyway. They try to make TLOS look epic with the serious story line and the fact that Spyro dosn't want to lay back and have fun. The serious characters and story line is what made TLOS lame. They even try to make it so depresing and make people think that Spyro died when he did the time fury at the end off TEN, but I didn't even shed a tear. Not once did I cry at that bit and it is simly because it is lame, when all of you little kids get to my age, you will know what I mean when I say that TLOS is very lame. And the combat is quit pointless realy. Is it worth knocking an enemy up into the air and attacking it over and over until it is died? Sure it is fun to beat em up, but is it realy worth doing all that? If you play a REAL game that is all about button mashing, and then play TLOS again, you will see a big differents in combat. A real fighting game is actualy FUN and never gets old. And the combat is alot better and you actualy get to see blood when you tear apart your enemys. Yes, a couple off years ago, I tried a game that was all about combat and boy was I impress at how well they did the fighting. All what TLOS is is:
Walk for a little bit, 489 apes get chucked at you. You have to kill them all and pick up some jems. Then you continue to move on. OMG you found a puzzel! You must solve it! Oh, too bad, the puzzel was so stupid that even a 2 year old could do it in 50 seconds. Another 5873 apes get chucked at you and you have to fight them all. Hey, you are at the boss already! Oh, you killed the boss! That was short and a lame story.
^ The same thing happens in TEN. DOTD is the same but slightly longer and less enemys being chucked at you at a time.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#136 Posted: 14:02:33 01/06/2009
I don't think it's lame, then again i've had to deal with games like Dragonrage.....
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#137 Posted: 15:07:16 01/06/2009

But did you say anything when a serten person on here said "LEGEND BEATS ORIGINALS!!!!!!!!1111"? No you didn't and I find this very anoying. Oh, and I only started hateing TLOS more because off all the screaming fangirls/fanboys out there. And they havn't stoped trashing the originals.... -_- I just defanding the originals so that they will know that there is some people who prefer the originals more then TLOS. And this is my rant on the story line. It is short, I know. But I will continue it tomarrow.

People are saying that the originals are cliechi (sp?) and all that but they say that TLOS has a great story line? Is that realy what you think? In my opinion, TLOS's story line is lame, very lame and it belongs in the trash can. The "main charcter being specil" has been used many times. Why can't they pick something better? A three year old could off thought off a better storyline! The originals has an "easy to follow" story line and Spyro is not specil in anyway. They try to make TLOS look epic with the serious story line and the fact that Spyro dosn't want to lay back and have fun. The serious characters and story line is what made TLOS lame. They even try to make it so depresing and make people think that Spyro died when he did the time fury at the end off TEN, but I didn't even shed a tear. Not once did I cry at that bit and it is simly because it is lame, when all of you little kids get to my age, you will know what I mean when I say that TLOS is very lame. And the combat is quit pointless realy. Is it worth knocking an enemy up into the air and attacking it over and over until it is died? Sure it is fun to beat em up, but is it realy worth doing all that? If you play a REAL game that is all about button mashing, and then play TLOS again, you will see a big differents in combat. A real fighting game is actualy FUN and never gets old. And the combat is alot better and you actualy get to see blood when you tear apart your enemys. Yes, a couple off years ago, I tried a game that was all about combat and boy was I impress at how well they did the fighting. All what TLOS is is:
Walk for a little bit, 489 apes get chucked at you. You have to kill them all and pick up some jems. Then you continue to move on. OMG you found a puzzel! You must solve it! Oh, too bad, the puzzel was so stupid that even a 2 year old could do it in 50 seconds. Another 5873 apes get chucked at you and you have to fight them all. Hey, you are at the boss already! Oh, you killed the boss! That was short and a lame story.
^ The same thing happens in TEN. DOTD is the same but slightly longer and less enemys being chucked at you at a time.

If you've noticed, people only start trashing the originals hen you start ANOTHER topic like this. Oh, and you really need to think about what you put in your descriptions. "55873 apes get chucked at you"? Pfft. Pull the other one, in the places where their were the most enimies they came in waves. So it wasn't to hard to fight them.
#138 Posted: 15:28:39 01/06/2009

But did you say anything when a serten person on here said "LEGEND BEATS ORIGINALS!!!!!!!!1111"? No you didn't and I find this very anoying. Oh, and I only started hateing TLOS more because off all the screaming fangirls/fanboys out there. And they havn't stoped trashing the originals.... smilie I just defanding the originals so that they will know that there is some people who prefer the originals more then TLOS. And this is my rant on the story line. It is short, I know. But I will continue it tomarrow.

And now your trashing TLoS! So your just as bad as everyone else! And hardly anyone says that the originals are bad! They just say TLoS is better! Theres nothing wrong with that! Look at the title of this topic... HATE! HATE! Not... "I think they orginals are better than TLoS but I still like TLoS" HATE TLoS! No one hates the orginals! No one makes topics saying they hate the originals and if people do hate the originals they say it ONCE! Not millions of times like you keep saying how much you hate TLoS... WE GET THE POINT!!!! Your just as bad as people wo say they hate the originals! WHY WILL YOU NOT SEE THAT! Stop trashing TLoS and we'll get out of your way but no... You have to keep going on about it! I like the originals just as EQUALY as TLoS so you can't say anything about that...
#139 Posted: 00:35:07 02/06/2009
The reason why I trashed your childhood game was because:

- I've studied game development (because I plan to actually work in the industry). The game has its flaws beyond belief. (see reason below)

- Because it was a spoof of Sonic the Hedgehog at the max, because like everything else at that time, nobody wanted to be innovative.

But I also put the Legends on a platter, so it was justified.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
sillyworld Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#140 Posted: 03:13:24 02/06/2009

oh my god, i know, right?!
#141 Posted: 09:40:19 02/06/2009

I have to say that I agree. The combat is really laking in TLOS. Thats Why I always Play FPS's I only played all of the tlos series twice. I've played one to three like a billion times. Still is fun. Not as fun As COD4 or CS:S
---
Phantom 69 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1624
#142 Posted: 23:38:11 02/06/2009
Quote: Dark Gaia999
PS1 Spyro FTW!

Weeeew, I thought I was the only one who hated TLoS, Sorry but it is boring as hell.
---
T.E.O.M.E.I.M.F.: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend.
http://www.youtube.com/ThePhantomKing
#143 Posted: 02:51:29 03/06/2009
8 bit > PS1, 'nuff said.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#144 Posted: 03:32:34 03/06/2009
What is this command and conquer 2?

The game everyone hates to love
#145 Posted: 05:29:27 03/06/2009
I hate that I love C an C 2
---
#146 Posted: 05:36:26 03/06/2009
Never played that... =/
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#147 Posted: 07:26:09 03/06/2009

And now your trashing TLoS! So your just as bad as everyone else! And hardly anyone says that the originals are bad! They just say TLoS is better! Theres nothing wrong with that! Look at the title of this topic... HATE! HATE! Not... "I think they orginals are better than TLoS but I still like TLoS" HATE TLoS! No one hates the orginals! No one makes topics saying they hate the originals and if people do hate the originals they say it ONCE! Not millions of times like you keep saying how much you hate TLoS... WE GET THE POINT!!!! Your just as bad as people wo say they hate the originals! WHY WILL YOU NOT SEE THAT! Stop trashing TLoS and we'll get out of your way but no... You have to keep going on about it! I like the originals just as EQUALY as TLoS so you can't say anything about that...

Then why don't people stop dissing ETD AND AHT? It is ovbiuse that they are TLOS lovers! And people DO DITCH THE ORIGINALS! My god how much times to I have to say this?

I WILL ONLY STOP DITCHING TLOS WHEN TLOS LOVERS STOP DITCHING ETD, STOP DITCHING AHT, AND STOP DITCHING THE ORIGINALS! There are people who think TLOS is better then the originals! And they only like it better because off the ******* flying and that this dragon called Cynder is in them! WHY MUST YOU NOT SEE THAT? *Bashes head on window*
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:34:45 03/06/2009 by Cynder_543
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#148 Posted: 07:53:47 03/06/2009
^

Calm down. Be sensible!

I did enjoy the originals because: It was my first game, the choice of character was interesting and the gameplay was (possibly different and a fresh breath of air at the time? Bash me if I'm wrong.) engaging and enjoyable.

Sure the game may have been repetitive (Find dragon>Find eggs> Boss>Next World.) but the reason why I find it a pleasure to play in these times is because the games that are being produced today are all slightly similar. (As BD explained.) The hero characters these days are ... generic and the games seem similar. I'd love something fresh! A different style to go along with rather than bash>generic love interest>waves of enemies + ending.
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
#149 Posted: 12:17:18 03/06/2009

Then why don't people stop dissing ETD AND AHT? It is ovbiuse that they are TLOS lovers! And people DO DITCH THE ORIGINALS! My god how much times to I have to say this?

I WILL ONLY STOP DITCHING TLOS WHEN TLOS LOVERS STOP DITCHING ETD, STOP DITCHING AHT, AND STOP DITCHING THE ORIGINALS! There are people who think TLOS is better then the originals! And they only like it better because off the ******* flying and that this dragon called Cynder is in them! WHY MUST YOU NOT SEE THAT? *Bashes head on window*

I like AHT and I havn't even got ETD... People don't like ETD because its glitchy... Not because its one of the originals... And I don't know one person who doesn't like AHT... Its probably one of the best games out of the originals... I think it ties with GTG... Thats how good I think it is... And yes, people who don't like the originals just because DOTD has flying are idiots... But just saying that TLoS sucks isn't going to make it any better... They'll just keep trying to argue and keep saying that the originals suck and they'll keep trying to 'convert' you to an originals hater...
#150 Posted: 17:56:12 03/06/2009
Enter the Dragonfly was an obvious beta: it makes sense that nobody likes it.

The reason why I pick on the originals, for the who knows how many time now, is because in comparison to the games before it's time, it's completely unimaginative. It wasn't built up because the creators had to work around the console or that because they enjoyed doing a mundane task, but it was all out to be Insomniac's "Sonic". In fact, I think I'll refer the originals from now on as "Sonic the Dragon" as opposed to Spyro.

If I had more money and access to my Wii, I'd probably buy A Hero's Tail just for heck of it, and to add more games to my collection, so does that say something? I personally like the Legend series more, just because it's darker and seems more mature (although I can't take it seriously either, but the reason to that I couldn't explain to little kids without ruining it for them), but it doesn't mean I'll try something else.

To me, both sides are just stupid; first off, Spyro isn't even recognized at the game community at large, and the fights are giving people the impression that everyone's a bunch of whiny 12 year olds. Second, if Spyro and crew don't start doing something different, they'll get blown out of the water by the likes of Mario who has made a bunch of changes in order to both stay on top and be able to withstand against the trends that happen within the industry.

Now when it gets to the point that Spyro is cooking as the whole point of the game, then you can complain about how Activision/Sierra/Whatever made their Societies.

I mean after all, there's just too much out there to worry about something as trivial as to what happens in a Spyro game.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me