First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Plotholes of DotD [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#101 Posted: 13:45:25 16/04/2009 | Topic Creator
I bet Chris and Mike didn't have much of a choice when they were forced to switch game developers.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:41:22 16/04/2009 by Aura24
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#102 Posted: 19:28:17 16/04/2009
I really think they where trying to get away from a series with the same game feeling. ANB was way too close to TEN, so I'd bet that they where worried about game sales, hardly any body's going to buy a game that feels the same, and doing the same stuff over, for full price.

They needed a change, and I think they did a great job. they should do another game with EL, then swith to another company yet.
---
Don't mess with JAK
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#103 Posted: 00:35:44 17/04/2009
I think we can come to a generic agreement here that the problem is that Sierra is running out of ideas to try and make Spyro original. Insomniac exhausted their think tank after three games so they packed up and started with something new, that had the potential to go a lot farther in terms of originality. Now, all these years later, they're successful making games for a single solitary console while Sierra is struggling to make games for at least 4 consoles at a time.

Unless someone within Sierra or Blizzard gets a burst of creative energy, it looks like Spyro's heading toward a brick wall with no battering ram. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#104 Posted: 01:41:57 17/04/2009
Actually, Insomniac had other ideas for Spyro games, they just were bored with making them. Like Ted Price said, Spyro didn't even have hands to hold a gun and that was the sort of game they wanted to move on to. smilie
#105 Posted: 16:18:20 17/04/2009 | Topic Creator
I just hope Mike Graham has creative ideas for the next Spyro games, and not have the ActivisionBlizzard screw it up with their ideas.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#106 Posted: 19:43:05 17/04/2009
He had some good ones for LoS before, so imagine he will have more good ones in the future.

I just realized one gigantic plot hole.

How did the time crystal in which Spyro, Cynder and Sparx were frozen get to the Catacombs and why did Malefor's enemies expend so much energy to move it? Why didn't Hunter stop them (we know thanks to TEN that he found their crystal in the ruins of Mount Malefor)? Why did it take Hunter so long to find them again?

Also, how did Malefor get his body back? You can sweep it under the rug by saying "it was magic", but I think we should have seen how he reformed since, at the end of TEN, all he was was an angry spirit.
#107 Posted: 21:04:01 17/04/2009 | Topic Creator
I believe the time crystal was still inside the ruins of the Mountain of Malefor. And maybe one of the enemies discovered Spyro and Cynder inside the crystal, and went back to tell its comades and carry out Malefor's plan to have them sacrificed to the Golem and linked together. Then they took them to the Catacombs while Spyro and Cynder were still unconscious.

The Grublins finding the time crystal before Hunter was probably the cause of changing developers.

And I noticed that some fans don't understand the sudden change of characters and plotholes in the final chapter of DotD. For example, they like the fact that only teenage Cynder has powers.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:25:31 17/04/2009 by Aura24
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#108 Posted: 21:58:13 17/04/2009
Quote: Aura24
I believe the time crystal was still inside the ruins of the Mountain of Malefor. And maybe one of the enemies discovered Spyro and Cynder inside the crystal, and went back to tell its comades and carry out Malefor's plan to have them sacrificed to the Golem and linked together. Then they took them to the Catacombs while Spyro and Cynder were still unconscious.

The Grublins finding the time crystal before Hunter was probably the cause of changing developers.

And I noticed that some fans don't understand the sudden change of characters and plotholes in the final chapter of DotD. For example, they like the fact that only teenage Cynder has powers.

The Catacombs is the Mountain of Malefor...
#109 Posted: 22:21:58 17/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Oh, it is? I thought the Catacombs was another place close to the Mountain of Malefor. My mistake :3
---
#110 Posted: 00:52:15 18/04/2009
I can't quite believe that the Catacombs is the Mountain. It's too well-developed. Honestly, it's just one more plot hole opened up by the dev change for me.
#111 Posted: 16:09:06 18/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, EL made a bunch of plotholes that would've been avoided if Sierra hadn't interferred with the whole teenager idea and changing developers. The developers and the ones who has the game's storyline and ideas should be the ONLY ones who make the games, not the company with their ideas for the franchise.
---
#112 Posted: 22:24:51 18/04/2009
At random, I'm just remember that Chris Wilson quote where he said they wanted Spyro and Cynder to have bigger wings so they could fly...even though they could both fly in ANB and TEN with no problems. *facepalm*
#113 Posted: 00:38:46 19/04/2009 | Topic Creator
They can fly freely when they were little. I don't know what Chris Wilson was thinking. Probably forgot about the 'learning to fly' and 'flying away from Cynder' parts from ANB, and flying scenes from TEN.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:46:45 19/04/2009 by Aura24
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#114 Posted: 10:26:40 19/04/2009
Quote: Aura24
They can fly freely when they were little. I don't know what Chris Wilson was thinking. Probably forgot about the 'learning to fly' and 'flying away from Cynder' parts from ANB, and flying scenes from TEN.

Yeah but maybe they could fly in ANB and TEN when they like... For example... Only in a time of crisis... Infact Ignitus said that in ANB... But in DOTD they had bugger wings so they could fly any time you want rather than only in emergancys...
#115 Posted: 15:16:24 19/04/2009 | Topic Creator
They could STILL fly with their wings, both little and teenager. You've seen cutscenes and gameplay of them flying.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#116 Posted: 16:10:10 19/04/2009
Yes, that is clearly true. Especially for Spyro (when Cynder "flew" it was a VERY short distance, so it might have just been a glide).
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
darkfurydragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3312
#117 Posted: 19:18:26 19/04/2009
Here's another few goof ups by EL:

Ignitus' eyes were brown in DotD, but yellow/red TEN and ANB.

Terradors horns were smaller, and they forgot the little fangs that stick up from his lower jaw on the sides.

Ignitus had spikes that curved inward on the back of his jaw in ANB an TEN... but they were straight in DotD.
#118 Posted: 21:44:00 19/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, and Cynder's spike wings are arched outwards instead of inwards like she had them in ANB and TEN, and her ridge of connected spikes on the back of her neck she had in ANB and TEN had turned into individual spikes.
---
#119 Posted: 00:28:58 20/04/2009
I am not fond of the Guardian models. They were each very distinct in ANB and TEN, but in DotD they're all essentially the same in design.

re: Cynder and Spyro flying
They did a lot of flying in ANB and TEN and not just in times of crisis. We didn't see Cynder fly much but it's very obvious she did fly (how else did she get away from the Temple and to where ever it was that the pirates picked her up?).
#120 Posted: 05:07:06 21/04/2009 | Topic Creator
I find it a little creepy to see Ignitus in DotD smiling a lot, even though he's not.
---
American Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 644
#121 Posted: 21:54:23 24/04/2009
in TEN while spyro was reading the letter in the big ship, i heard that hunter wrote. spyro at the end says "Hunter from Avalar." wuz that giving us a hint of avalar in DotD?
---
I will love my dad forever. R.I.P. Dad
#122 Posted: 00:35:33 25/04/2009
I think if we dwell too much on details, you'll leave no room for improvement, not to mention a developers touch. kinda like a signatire.

Look at Bugs Bunny as an example.

Robert Clampett's Bugs Bunny, was kinda harmful
Friz Freleng's had a temper somwhat, and revengeful.
Chuck Jones Bugs was more defenseful
Rob Mckimson's was different yet. I'm not quite sure how to describe.

Not to mention the others who have had their touch.

But that's how you develop characters, Keep what works, and try somthing new.

And further yet, They also had some control of the situations they where in. And the characters they reacted with.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#123 Posted: 12:04:18 25/04/2009
I think it's a good idea to mix things up a bit with style and game type, just not at the end of a trilogy that's supposed to feel like the same story throughout. If they had waited to bring out EL as a developer for a game following DotD instead, I would have loved it.
darkfurydragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3312
#124 Posted: 01:08:20 26/04/2009
Quote: Razz
I am not fond of the Guardian models. They were each very distinct in ANB and TEN, but in DotD they're all essentially the same in design.

re: Cynder and Spyro flying
They did a lot of flying in ANB and TEN and not just in times of crisis. We didn't see Cynder fly much but it's very obvious she did fly (how else did she get away from the Temple and to where ever it was that the pirates picked her up?).

Yeah you're right! Terrador had a definite stocky look about him, and the others were rather more lean (especially cyril). Terrado and the others looked like they were as stocky as any of the four, with the exception of cyrils muzzle looking WAY too thin and dorky...
#125 Posted: 03:37:32 26/04/2009
The Krome style Guardians also had a lot of variance in spike patterns as well as overall body type. You could easily tell them apart if all you could see was their silhouette. They were also capable of facial expressions other than a creepy rictus grin.

In DotD...not so much.
#126 Posted: 00:27:07 29/04/2009
I kinda wish the other guardians did a little more talking in DotD. But I'm not that picky on small details. I'm more of a big picture person.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#127 Posted: 06:16:33 29/04/2009 | Topic Creator
They rushed the game, that's why there wasn't much talking from the Guardians.
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#128 Posted: 07:26:44 29/04/2009
Be glad there the plotsholes ain't confusing as the Bioincle movies
#129 Posted: 00:21:48 01/05/2009 | Topic Creator
It makes me wonder if Sierra knew what the consequences of suddenly changing game developers would be when they changed the character's design and all. Like I said before, they should have thought this through enough, and think about what the gamers would think of the change.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:44 05/05/2009 by Aura24
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me