darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > NINTENDO STUFF IN SKYLANDERS OMFG!!! :D yes!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
NINTENDO STUFF IN SKYLANDERS OMFG!!! :D yes!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#101 Posted: 17:38:41 16/06/2015
Everyone complaining about Bowser and DK not working on other consoles....guys, let's be realistic. I'm saying his compassionately and with no snarky attitude. Nintendo is never going to let their characters appear on PlayStation or XBox, not as long as Nintendo still makes gaming hardware. It's this or none of their characters in Skylanders at all.

Personally, I wouldn't care either way. I like this franchise for the original characters, but that's just me.

*Warm group forum hug*
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#102 Posted: 17:39:10 16/06/2015
Quote: alegeobla
Quote: TheSpyrofan12

http://time.com/3921216/ninten...er-amiibo-deal/

It's a shame, but DK and Bowser only work on the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS versions.

Thank you for clarifying. This pisses me off more than anything. I understand their reasoning, but the one of the main things about skylanders has always been that you can use the characters on any platform. If you wanted to bring your favourite character over to a friends house to play, you could. But now, if your friend has a 360, you can't bring your bowser over. If you could play with them on all consoles, it would have been an amazing idea, but because you can only use them on nintendo consoles, it makes it feel like a money grab on both activisions and nintendos parts

i think they are referring to the amiibo part and not the skylander part... if they was only for nintendo systems why have the switch at all?...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#103 Posted: 17:40:01 16/06/2015
So...will Spitfire, Bowser and DK come in singles?,for those that play on Wii/U/3DS? I want Spitfire, and Boswer, but Im playing on WiiU.....

[[I'm so selling DK. I'm not a fan of that character whatsoever.. no offence.]]
#104 Posted: 17:41:04 16/06/2015
Quote: BlackWing116
So...will Spitfire, Bowser and DK come in singles?,for those that play on Wii/U/3DS? I want Spitfire, and Boswer, but Im playing on WiiU.....

most likely not, but there will be more amiibo/skylanders combos coming, that im sure of..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#105 Posted: 17:42:42 16/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

most likely not, but there will be more amiibo/skylanders combos coming, that im sure of..

That's meaning I'm going to snatch Spitfire from a second hand shop smilie
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#106 Posted: 17:43:03 16/06/2015
If Bowser and DK are coming, will the other Nintendo characters appear, too? Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, etc.?
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#107 Posted: 17:43:06 16/06/2015
Quote: Tigorus
Anyone else pissed these only work on a Nintendo System? I know there Nintendo characters but the Wii U is such a poor system (tech wise). I'm not going to get a Wii U just to add to exclusive characters. This is a poor decision on Activision's part and will piss a lot of people off. One of the perks to this franchise is the "borderless" playability of the figures on any console. If they're only going to be in the console starters that's an easy fix but this could get complicated for clueless parents (and there's a lot) if they are sold separately. So should Microsoft and Sony get exclusives now? Spyro started on the PS1 and he eventually branched out to be playable on all systems. Should developers make concessions and "drop the borders"? I know as gamers most of us will say yes. It's hard to imagine that Nintendo is seemingly using these to drive console sales by keeping them exclusive but it seems to be the case.

The Wii U is a pretty decent machine with great games. Its definitely on par with every other console the game is being released on, except for maybe the PS4 or XBOX ONE.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#108 Posted: 17:43:23 16/06/2015

Easy answer: eBay
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#109 Posted: 17:46:09 16/06/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
If Bowser and DK are coming, will the other Nintendo characters appear, too? Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, etc.?

It's possible that we'll get more Nintendo characters.

Man, if Pit was in the game, I'd go ballistic.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#110 Posted: 17:46:34 16/06/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW
Quote: griswoldthunder
The amiibo feature will only work with the Wii U and the new 3ds XL. The question is, though, will Donkey Kong and Bowser (possibly even more) only work for Nintendo or will the Supercharger feature work with all consoles?

They will also work for the regular Wii to

As Skylanders, yes. As Amiibos, no. Amiibos are currently only compatible with the Wii U and new 3DS XL due to the fact that currently only those two Nintendo systems have the NFC reader built into them required to read/write Amiibo data.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#111 Posted: 17:52:09 16/06/2015
HMMM! I don't own a Wii U, so it would be pointless to own any of these then. I wonder if this is it or will there be special Sony and special Microsoft characters to fill their void? I doubt it though. Was anyone able to zoom up on the Wii U box poster to check if they could see the characters any better off of that one?
---
Stay Cool!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#112 Posted: 17:53:49 16/06/2015
Quote: AzureStarline
Everyone complaining about Bowser and DK not working on other consoles....guys, let's be realistic. I'm saying his compassionately and with no snarky attitude. Nintendo is never going to let their characters appear on PlayStation or XBox, not as long as Nintendo still makes gaming hardware. It's this or none of their characters in Skylanders at all.

Personally, I wouldn't care either way. I like this franchise for the original characters, but that's just me.

*Warm group forum hug*

I understand the logic but I still don't like it. It's not good for the franchise (I'm sure I'll be proven wrong on the fiscal side though). Don't get me wrong I'm happy for all you Nintendo people but it makes me upset personally that they are doing this. I also don't approve of Activision doing this by alienating a large chunk of players but I also understand that the Wii/Wii U is part of Skylanders success. So no hate just a steam pile of dislike with a fair helping of sadness.

Thank you for clarifying. This pisses me off more than anything. I understand their reasoning, but the one of the main things about skylanders has always been that you can use the characters on any platform. If you wanted to bring your favourite character over to a friends house to play, you could. But now, if your friend has a 360, you can't bring your bowser over. If you could play with them on all consoles, it would have been an amazing idea, but because you can only use them on nintendo consoles, it makes it feel like a money grab on both activisions and nintendos parts

i think they are referring to the amiibo part and not the skylander part... if they was only for nintendo systems why have the switch at all?...

It was stated in the video that these will only work on Nintendo systems.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:01 16/06/2015 by Tigorus
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#113 Posted: 17:55:47 16/06/2015
-Deep sighing- This is another reason why I don't like Skylanders anymore. How are they gonna even explain this in the story?
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#114 Posted: 17:58:30 16/06/2015
Just hope that Skylanders won't adopt the Amiibo way of marketing and always having about 6 peg warmer figures in stock and the rest impossible to buy. That was something I was fearing the most for Sky 5. Now I honestly don't care as I just hate the Racing aspect of it all.
---
Stay Cool!
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#115 Posted: 17:59:10 16/06/2015
I'm gonna go ahead and guess some more Amiibo characters.

Mario - Earth
Peach/Link - Light
Fox/Bowser Jr./ - Tech
Ganondorf/Meta Knight - Dark
Pit/Kirby - Air
Wario? IDK - Undead
Greninja - Water, obvs
Shulk? Zelda? - Magic
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#116 Posted: 18:12:38 16/06/2015
Earth: King Goomba
Light: Pit
Tech: Fox
Dark: King Boo
Air: Kirby
Undead: Meta Knight
Water: Greninja
Magic: Pac-Man

Ik that King Boo and the King Goomba aren't actually amiibo, but I'm having high hopes they'll appear.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#117 Posted: 18:15:13 16/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute
They're Wii U/Wii/3DS starter pack Landers. Judging by this, Spit Fire is probably gonna have a single pack release.

Not necessarily, unless it ends up being another region-limited release like the singles for Dark Spyro (S1), Punch Pop Fizz and Jet Vac. If you wanted those characters singly and you weren't in a region where they were sold separately you either had to import them, purchase them secondhand or buy another starter.

Anyone else ****** these only work on a Nintendo System? I know there Nintendo characters but the Wii U is such a poor system (tech wise). I'm not going to get a Wii U just to add to exclusive characters. (snip)

They should hopefully work as Skylanders across all systems. They would only work as Amiibos on Nintendo systems.

Re-read that article. They keep referring to the Amiibo and not the Skylanders part of the figures. There is nothing in that article that definitively says the Skylanders part will only work on Nintendo systems. Since they keep using the term Amiibo exclusively and there currently isn't any way for the Wii to read/write Amiibos, these definitely shouldn't work on the Wii if what you're stating was true.

To quote the article (bold added by me for emphasis) "Skylanders: SuperChargers will be on pretty much everything when it launches this fall, but the new Nintendo Amiibo will only work with the Wii U, Wii and 3DS versions of the game."

It sounds like they didn't clarify this enough when they put their press release together. I could be totally wrong, but the way everything that's been released is worded, it sounds like the Amiibo portions of the figures will only work on Nintendo systems (duh) with no statement made regarding the other chip in the figure. In the video, Reggie says "These characters, these vehicles, only playable on Nintendo," but right after a popup that says "Compatibility and functionality of Amiibo may vary per game. Visit Amiibo.com for specific details on how each Amiibo works." There is no follow up statement to clarify, stating "These characters will only function as Skylanders on Nintendo platforms." Until someone gets a quote where they specifically clarify that, I'm going to hold out hope and assume they're cross compatible.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#118 Posted: 18:15:28 16/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute
I'm gonna go ahead and guess some more Amiibo characters.

Mario - Earth
Peach/Link - Light
Fox/Bowser Jr./ - Tech
Ganondorf/Meta Knight - Dark
Pit/Kirby - Air
Wario? IDK - Undead
Greninja - Water, obvs
Shulk? Zelda? - Magic

I'm going to be annoyed if they add more amiibos. Two is enough. And if the story means anything, it will only be the two:

"In Skylanders SuperChargers, the evil Kaos has unleashed The Darkness to take control of Skylands. Fortunately, a special team of Skylanders known as the SuperChargers has been assembled to pilot an incredible fleet of vehicles with the power to travel through the destruction – over land, sea, and sky! But with Skylands on the verge of collapse, the Skylanders have reached out across all dimensions to call for reinforcements. Answering the call is the most unexpected duo – Donkey Kong and Bowser! Using their own elite vehicles to magically travel between worlds, they have joined the epic battle against Kaos and The Darkness!"

Just the duo came to help apparently
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#119 Posted: 18:19:49 16/06/2015
Doug, I didn't quote you to save space but unfortuntely in that article it states:

“Our franchises live on our platforms,” said Fils-Aimé. “That’s what we do. And certainly we are experimenting with smart devices, so that might be an added element, but the core concept of our character showing up on competitive gaming platforms is just not something we believe in.”
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
#120 Posted: 18:21:53 16/06/2015
Quote: LoveProfusion15
Anyone else pissed these only work on a Nintendo System? I know there Nintendo characters but the Wii U is such a poor system (tech wise). I'm not going to get a Wii U just to add to exclusive characters. This is a poor decision on Activision's part and will piss a lot of people off. One of the perks to this franchise is the "borderless" playability of the figures on any console. If they're only going to be in the console starters that's an easy fix but this could get complicated for clueless parents (and there's a lot) if they are sold separately. So should Microsoft and Sony get exclusives now? Spyro started on the PS1 and he eventually branched out to be playable on all systems. Should developers make concessions and "drop the borders"? I know as gamers most of us will say yes. It's hard to imagine that Nintendo is seemingly using these to drive console sales by keeping them exclusive but it seems to be the case.

The Wii U is a pretty decent machine with great games. Its definitely on par with every other console the game is being released on, except for maybe the PS4 or XBOX ONE.

dont forget you have the extra screen too... the other versions dont have that.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#121 Posted: 18:23:01 16/06/2015
Doug, I didn't quote you to save space but unfortuntely in that article it states:

“Our franchises live on our platforms,” said Fils-Aimé. “That’s what we do. And certainly we are experimenting with smart devices, so that might be an added element, but the core concept of our character showing up on competitive gaming platforms is just not something we believe in.”

They're hinting at it, but not outright saying it. I know that's being a complete stickler, but I'm going to hang on with my fingernails until I know for certain whether we're getting duped into buying additional starters to have a complete collection this time around.

-Doug
---
#122 Posted: 18:26:59 16/06/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

They're hinting at it, but not outright saying it. I know that's being a complete stickler, but I'm going to hang on with my fingernails until I know for certain whether we're getting duped into buying additional starters to have a complete collection this time around.

-Doug

you remember when they said it was only 40 to buy and everyone was thinking, good... and here we are, amiibos and all the different starter packs. it sure will be even harder on the wallets this time around than it was with trap team, if your a collector.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#123 Posted: 18:33:59 16/06/2015
WHAT THE

holy dang **** is this a dream

this is too freaking unreal I don't even know what to say this has to be some sort of late april fools joke except in june

This is like some idea that you'd see made by some kid on a fanon wiki

but it's not a joke it's real holy ****

and to think that activision actually went to this length to suck the money out of my pocket like omg this is nothing like I've ever seen before

I can't get over it Bowser and Donkey Kong are SUDDENLY IN SKYLANDERS THIS IS SO UNREAL AND STUPID BUT I LOVE IT #MONEYGRAB BUT IDC *dies*

Okay... random fanboy phase over. Well, I guess now I have an actual reason to go with Wii U this time, even though I'm getting a 360 soon too. I may pick these up if I can.

I like that these function as both Skylanders and Amiibos. I wanted to get into Amiibos, I really did, because I love Nintendo, but I didn't want to sink my money into a THIRD toys-to-life series, especially since they seemed a bit expensive to me for not doing a whole lot other than unlocking stuff and just being a figure. But at least I get Skylander functionality with these ones. :3
---
Purple dragon.
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#124 Posted: 18:41:11 16/06/2015
Dare I even think it?

Skylanders are joined by an Arwing piloted by...Krystal?
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#125 Posted: 18:41:45 16/06/2015
According to IGN, Donkey Kong and Bowser are the only ones for Superchargers, but if all goes well, the next game will have more.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#126 Posted: 18:44:29 16/06/2015

And there's my dilemma. I have 2 PS4's and so far I haven't seen anything that makes me want to get a Wii U. Maybe if the dropped it down to $199.99 but I doubt it. I just can't see spending $300 on outdated tech. I'd rather spend $349 and get an Xbox One at this point.

Quote: Archae
Dare I even think it?

That would be amazing.

Side Note:

To everyone saying these might work on other platforms, it was stated in the Nintendo video that they would only work on Nintendo systems...hence the pissy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:55 16/06/2015 by Tigorus
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#127 Posted: 18:44:58 16/06/2015
Ok was posted on the amiibo fan site https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews...856354568368128 they will be in the starter packs. DK will be in the Wii U version and Bowser will be in the 3DS version. No word on what comes in the wii version.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#128 Posted: 18:47:33 16/06/2015
Quote: darkrai848
Ok was posted on the amiibo fan site https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews...856354568368128 they will be in the starter packs. DK will be in the Wii U version and Bowser will be in the 3DS version. No word on what comes in the wii version.

Bowser.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#129 Posted: 18:49:25 16/06/2015
All of them are available on GameStop.com right now for preorder.

http://www.gamestop.com/ninten...ter-pack/122216

Bowser + 3DS game

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/ga...ter-pack/122217

Bowser + Wii game

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/...ter-pack/122213

DK + Wii U
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:52:37 16/06/2015 by Matteomax
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#130 Posted: 18:53:33 16/06/2015

And there's my dilemma. I have 2 PS4's and so far I haven't seen anything that makes me want to get a Wii U. Maybe if the dropped it down to $199.99 but I doubt it. I just can't see spending $300 on outdated tech. I'd rather spend $349 and get an Xbox One at this point.

Dare I even think it?

That would be amazing.

Side Note:

To everyone saying these might work on other platforms, it was stated in the Nintendo video that they would only work on Nintendo systems...hence the pissy.

What if they sold a wii u with super chargers bundled in for 249.99- 274.99. I could see this happening since nintendo characters are in the bundle.
#131 Posted: 18:54:42 16/06/2015
Quote: SlayerX11

Dare I even think it?

That would be amazing.

Side Note:

What if they sold a wii u with super chargers bundled in for 249.99- 274.99. I could see this happening since nintendo characters are in the bundle.

I could be on board for that...I doubt it would happen but I could go for that.
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#132 Posted: 18:59:44 16/06/2015
Am I the only one who thinks that this never shouldn't have happened?
#133 Posted: 19:00:21 16/06/2015
The other systems aren't getting exclusives. Their Starter Packs already have pictures. Plus the thing with Nintendo had a lot to do with amiibo.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:01:06 16/06/2015 by Ryanator20x6
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#134 Posted: 19:03:59 16/06/2015
Samus 4 Tech
Kirby 4 Air
Meta Knight 4 Undead
Link 4 Light
Mario 4 Earth
Greninja 4 Water
Ganondorf 4 Dark
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#135 Posted: 19:03:59 16/06/2015
Quote: SirKev7

no, your not. i am not buying this year skylanders... its just fun to be here and see the hype going on smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Czar Mania Ripto Gems: 353
#136 Posted: 19:26:09 16/06/2015
Interesting concept of making charecters exsclusive to a specific brand of consols very interesting, sure I grew up with Nintendo as a majority of people have the let down for me is if i want donkey kong i gotta get a wii u I will be getting bowser for sure since I have a 3ds but I digress, making exclusive charecters for games is nothing new unless you never played a soul caliber game, it is a bold move by two video game giants that will fail or succeed and pave the way for Microsoft, Sony and etc to unleash there own exclusive charecters. For me one question formed in my head is the Nintendo versions of superchargers going to break up the story and lore of skylands? if two skylanders exist in one game but not another will that alter the story from wii u say ps3 and so on. What's next skylanders meets infinity?
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#137 Posted: 19:35:14 16/06/2015
the wii, wii u and 3ds versions will see those two in the starters, so there's a good chance i might have to get this one on one of those systems at some point, touche nintendo/acti
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#138 Posted: 19:49:27 16/06/2015
Quote: Czar Mania
Interesting concept of making charecters exsclusive to a specific brand of consols very interesting, sure I grew up with Nintendo as a majority of people have the let down for me is if i want donkey kong i gotta get a wii u I will be getting bowser for sure since I have a 3ds but I digress, making exclusive charecters for games is nothing new unless you never played a soul caliber game, it is a bold move by two video game giants that will fail or succeed and pave the way for Microsoft, Sony and etc to unleash there own exclusive charecters. For me one question formed in my head is the Nintendo versions of superchargers going to break up the story and lore of skylands? if two skylanders exist in one game but not another will that alter the story from wii u say ps3 and so on. What's next skylanders meets infinity?

at this point the lore is pretty much thrown outta the window.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#139 Posted: 19:52:55 16/06/2015
OMG they did it! I remember some of you guys speaking about this a few weeks ago and it has turned out to be real. I really love the idea of having amiibos in the skylander world!! It's a pity they will only be playable for Wii U.

Ok, so if Pit is playable that would be amazing!!He perfectly suits the light element.

MAybe these are the first gimmicklanders that get continuity.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#140 Posted: 19:53:41 16/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Totally agree. Pit is my favourite Nintendo Character, I hope he will made it.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#141 Posted: 20:12:12 16/06/2015
This is a ridiculous game changer! I still don't know what to think and whether I like it or not. I was planning on buying the game for ps4 but... seriously I don't know how to resist. If this turns out to be fake it will cause a lot of panic but WOW!.

I actually enjoy Skylanders being its own thing and now integrating Amiibo will be just weird especially since only Nintendo supports Amiibo. Well let's see where this goes from here.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#142 Posted: 20:12:20 16/06/2015
Considering the premise of Skylanders is cross dimensional travel they can put whoever the frack they want in the games.

Exclusives are nothing new. It's just a couple characters, stop moaning. There are whole game franchises I can't buy because I don't have a PS4 or XBone. Uncharted? Screw you WiiU owner! HALO? No Chance Nintendoluser!

Moaning about not buying the game because of an exclusive character? Stop being such petty children.

Nobody really expects Nintendo characters to work on the PS4 do they? Seriously? Yeah, right.

This is great news for those that have and love Nintendo. If you have an Xbox or PSX you probably don't care enough about the characters to be upset or you would HAVE a WiiU. If you do care that much about not being able to play with Donkey Kong or Bowser maybe you bought the wrong console.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#143 Posted: 20:15:57 16/06/2015
WOW!!!!!

Well my mind is made up, I do not see why I would NOT be getting this on Wii U now!!! Plus now I'm not forced to buy Hot Streak.

Usually I'm not a fan of guest characters, but it works great here!!! I guess this mean Spitfire will see a singles release as well? Either way, even if future games I only get on PS4, at least I can still have DK as a novelty Skylander.

Worst part of this is those who want to buy a Nintendo version and another platform, they will be stick with two Stealth Elf. BAD decision. Should have been a different character as well.

I just purchased a Wii U when I saw it on sale a few weeks ago and am loving it! More and more I'm being shown why investing in a Wii U was a smart move to add alongside my 360 & PS4!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:33 16/06/2015 by TOlofter
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#144 Posted: 20:22:31 16/06/2015
Quote: SirKev7

no, your not. i am not buying this year skylanders... its just fun to be here and see the hype going on smilie

That's what you said last year.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#145 Posted: 20:22:51 16/06/2015
since they added those two it does set up console exclusives in the future for different systems down the line for their games if they get that far. it's possible you see banjo and kazooie on xbox by that measure and possibly crash on the playstation (that would be funny since he was kind of abandoned by them). as much as i like seeing bowser and dk suited up like that...they really are out of place in this franchise. the magic of skylanders was that they didn't have 3rd party assistance. to this franchise that's exactly where dk and bowser are. it further alienates to an extent of buying the games when they start doing this. it's incredibly tempting to buy them for those figures but not at full retail. it just seems to scream more of desperation for people to buy those platforms for the exclusivity.

Quote: angelg
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Totally agree. Pit is my favourite Nintendo Character, I hope he will made it.

I doubt they're going to go that far with the support. Seems it might just be the two for the starters they were allowed to do. it's about less than 10% you're going to get more figures of amiibos to support it.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:45 16/06/2015 by tigerdr
#146 Posted: 20:24:53 16/06/2015
Quote: TOlofter
WOW!!!!!

Worst part of this is those who want to buy a Nintendo version and another platform, they will be stick with two Stealth Elf. BAD decision. Should have been a different character as well.

Yeah, this is how I ended up with several Tree Rex. He was in the 360 and the 3DS game. And of course every collection I bought had one of him in it. LOL Last year was good as they switched up the 360 and 3DS games so I wouldn't get a double.
---
Stay Cool!
#147 Posted: 20:26:00 16/06/2015
I hope they have a little added scene showing how they located the Nintendo characters from a different planet? for assistance to explain.
#148 Posted: 20:28:46 16/06/2015
You know that also begs the difference from going on how each game's libraries will be different for collections. If the wii u version will have more skylanders, the compatibility for them if they would be in any following games for the 2. they can't be allowed to be compatible in the other non nintendo systems and so on.
---
#149 Posted: 20:30:47 16/06/2015
Bowser's gameplay looks incredible!!!!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#150 Posted: 20:34:22 16/06/2015
I'll go on record right now for saying - there is absolutly no way at all these characters will appear on the One or PS4. The figures could, in theory, give some kind of bonus on another system, but you will *NOT* be playing as DK on your PS4. It ain't happening. I say this with absolute confidence.

A side note, as for the regular starteers I see them being sold solo due to the digital pack - I can't imagine they'd expect folks to buy the digital pack and then the entire starter if they decide the want a starter figure.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me