Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > If they make a new Spyro game...
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
If they make a new Spyro game... [CLOSED]
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#101 Posted: 10:12:23 06/04/2009
i think crome were sloppy atleast the new company tryed with the ps2 graphics
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#102 Posted: 14:41:42 06/04/2009 | Topic Creator
I don't think we'll be seeing ELB again for the next Spyro game. Sierra just can't keep a single developer for Spyro anymore. I think that Blizzard needs to step in and assert some control over the series. After all, they're the ones who said Spyro needs to sell more if it hopes to remain with the company. I'm sure Blizzard has several good development teams within its large company that could actually do something more original with Spyro. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#103 Posted: 15:01:52 06/04/2009
[quote]I don't think we'll be seeing ELB again for the next Spyro game. Sierra just can't keep a single developer for Spyro anymore. I think that Blizzard needs to step in and assert some control over the series. After all, they're the ones who said Spyro needs to sell more if it hopes to remain with the company. I'm sure Blizzard has several good development teams within its large company that could actually do something more original with Spyro. <.<;[/quote]

I agree.

Off Topic: O.o My screen just grew darker again! And that means I have to fix it again...>.>

Edit: Oh the hydro went out. (i'm typing fast because my laptop\s batteery iss dying so don't be sutrpised with mistakes)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:59 06/04/2009 by Wild
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#104 Posted: 02:49:17 09/04/2009
You know, if Sierra's big boss, Actionvision, would quite worrying about Guitar Hero, they might be able to do something with Spyro.

But then again, I can't get over this line from Insomniac's president of the time:

"he didn't even have hands, he couldn't even hold a gun." -Ted Price

Do I smell Attitude the Whatever and M Rated for Money... from this guy? You bet.

So Sierra decides to make Spyro actually do more draconic things and be less of a money mascot; no big deal, in fact, that's what he needs to be done. Is this going to be full of cliches and tropes? You bet it is, just like everything else in this world is.

Funny thing is, no matter how "original" you try to be, you'll always get cliches, tropes, and generalizations attached to your work. There is simply no way to avoid it. You must also consider that Spyro's only been around a little over 10 years (hell, compare this to classic games that grew from the early-mid 80s that are over 20 years old now that have evolved quite well). Thing is people, I don't even know if Spyro can handle modern gaming; he was only built to be a showoff for the Sony graphics back in the day, and no since EVERYONE is doing high-def graphics (and music), they have to push something else.

Really, I blame Actionvison for all the problems, not Sierra.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#105 Posted: 21:30:19 22/05/2009
Legend series, with the gameplay length of the originals. I was disappointed a tad with the flying after playing Drakan, couldn't do my flips in the air. I wouldn't mind Flame and Ember coming back, they wouldn't be as childish like in the last games, all characters have more adult personalities.
More rewards for collecting so much of something etc, like skins you can wear while you play like the transformers in Okami. Levels need to be a bit more open based encouraging exploration.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
LordRattler Ripto Gems: 1058
#106 Posted: 00:35:28 23/05/2009
Orignal all the way....Insomniac knew what they were doing and planned the games carefully....heck they worked on ETD for 10% before universal hurled them out of the buisness of spyro....then universal rushed it and then we know that spyro began to went down hill......which is why I am starting to like ETD more than the other games....it has the stylings of the old games,but missed out on the charm due to being rushed.....
#107 Posted: 05:14:09 23/05/2009
Indeed, Insomniac knew EXACTLY what they were doing...
-
"HE CAN'T HOLD A GUN DANG IT!! WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE ANNOYED WITH HIM NOW?!?"

LOL at Insomniac.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#108 Posted: 20:25:53 23/05/2009 | Topic Creator
I lol'd at Ted Price's "Spyro can't hold a gun," comment. Still, you could tell they were running out of ideas. They've moved on to other things now, and the games are still just as fun. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#109 Posted: 04:16:25 24/05/2009
Yeah, that's true... but of course, they got some help and ideas along the way.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#110 Posted: 17:14:55 25/05/2009
I guess it's fairly safe to say Spyro will be flying from now on huh? hopefully in the future we can control his flight movements better, when I think of gliding I think of fast downward freefall style gliding.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#111 Posted: 05:46:45 28/05/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
You know, if Sierra's big boss, Actionvision, would quite worrying about Guitar Hero, they might be able to do something with Spyro.

Oh my HELLA GOD I actually agree with that.
They can take a break with Guitar Hero now.

You now they ACTUALLY have the nerve to create..."DJ Hero" ?!

Quote: Dragonfan
i hope there will be more spyro games even if you get to create your own dragon that would be cool.
what do you guys think?

YES! Thats ExAcTlY what we need. Being able to go custom.
Hopefully it'll have ALOT more options than the DarkSpyro/SpyrosLair Dragon Generator
#112 Posted: 18:25:34 28/05/2009
You mean like, you can unlock body types for Spyro? I'd love to have a Terrador tail smilie
---
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#113 Posted: 21:22:40 28/05/2009
Quote: Byrn
You mean like, you can unlock body types for Spyro? I'd love to have a Terrador tail smilie

Not exactly, were talking about like your custom look, not modding Spyro
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#114 Posted: 00:33:31 29/05/2009
Quote: HIR
I lol'd at Ted Price's "Spyro can't hold a gun," comment. Still, you could tell they were running out of ideas. They've moved on to other things now, and the games are still just as fun. <.<;

It's actually a good thing Insomniac moved away from Spyro otherwise the awesome Ratchet & Clank would never have been made.
Leetdero Red Sparx Gems: 76
#115 Posted: 10:38:42 30/05/2009
Dunno... I think it would be more sensible to continue on with the LOS. But make it more happy. Oh and have humans in it. That would be rad. Like WORLD WAR 2 with spyro in it. Humans could unearth spyro and cynder for some reason. Just had an idea... Spyro and cynder could kill Hitler. Awesome smilie
---
Hey kids, I have this new hard to find hack that I would like to show you. It's called skill
ShadowDragon91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1427
#116 Posted: 09:22:22 31/05/2009
There should be a mix of the two. It would be great fun to play.
---
It is not wise to meddle in the affairs of dragons, fore thou art crunchy, and taste of chicken...
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me