darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Skylanders: Giants (02/12/2012)
First | Previous | Page 27 of 163 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 161 162 163
Everything we know about Skylanders: Giants (02/12/2012) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
Sunburn55 Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#1301 Posted: 21:50:32 12/09/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Quote: Nibelilt
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
Confirmed Glow in the Dark Cynder for Gamestation (UK) anyway, (I didn't take this picture, but I did ask permission from the guy who did before posting it here):
[User Posted Image]

I don't see a GITD Portal...

Look carefully at the top of the portal which is normally white (and lights up) - it has a greenish glow/tinge to it.

So is the bottom
Furry360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2713
#1302 Posted: 21:54:35 12/09/2012
finally a new interview check it out

http://www.buzzfocus.com/2012/...ucer-interview/
---
spyro the best of ALL ( skylanders)
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1303 Posted: 21:55:52 12/09/2012
I just realized that using the GamePad on the Wii U version as a Portal would make so much more space to fit the larger figures and that would be incredibly helpful. As an extension I believe the Wii U also has Infared which if it does and I remembered right then it may work as a separate option for a 3DS Portal as well.
With that I think we can safely say the Wii version is going to be the most unappealing and pointless this time.

I've seen a lot of people speculate the portal will be the Wii U gamepad on the Wii U version, but what nobody seems to point out is how awkward that would be to hold. Having to play the game with a figure balanced on the controller just doesn't seem practical, especially when most people hold a controller at an angle. It would also take away part of the appeal since part of the charm is placing the characters on the magical portal.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1304 Posted: 21:57:42 12/09/2012
Awkward prototype images from gamestop.de

[User Posted Image]
Bouncer and S1 Trigger Happy shadow for comparison?

[User Posted Image]
Almost final artwork of Chill. Still prototype I assume.

[User Posted Image]
Drill Sergeant Prototype virtual model without color.. Lets call it WIERDS!

[User Posted Image]
Really odd prototype Sprocket. What the heck is she holding??

[User Posted Image]
A Swarm Virtual Model, like Drilly, but colored. The lines show what lights up on him.

[User Posted Image]
Like Chill, Semi-final artwork of Crusher.

[User Posted Image]
Like Chill and Crusher, Semi-final art of Flashwing.

[User Posted Image]
Pop Fizz Prototype model that looks like clay.

[User Posted Image]
Artwork of Fright Rider.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#1305 Posted: 22:13:09 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Furry360
finally a new interview check it out

http://www.buzzfocus.com/2012/...ucer-interview/

"Drobot is my favourite Dragon"

...MIKE GRAHAM IS NOW BEST PRODUCER IN THE SPYRO FRANCHISE.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#1306 Posted: 22:19:46 12/09/2012
Quote: Matteomax

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
A Swarm Virtual Model, like Drilly, but colored. The lines show what lights up on him.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Artwork of Fright Rider.

some of those were already posted on the last page, but thanks!
is it me, or does flashwings 'art' remind me of TLOS? it just has that style..
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#1307 Posted: 23:39:26 12/09/2012
Quote: crystalhero37

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Artwork of Fright Rider.

some of those were already posted on the last page, but thanks!
is it me, or does flashwings 'art' remind me of TLOS? it just has that style..

Flashwing....... to me looks like smilie gone Earth element, and personally I think sprocket looks better in yellow than white.
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:41:19 12/09/2012 by LegoLander
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1308 Posted: 00:03:04 13/09/2012
I actually really like the prototype Sprocket. I probably overall like the final version better, but I'd still have thought she was cool if they chose the prototype version. Maybe that cord type thing she's holding has something to do with her other attacks? It would be cool if they released the prototype Sprocket as a variant. I'd actually try and one if they did.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1309 Posted: 00:12:52 13/09/2012
And frighty's concept art makes him look awfully female..
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#1310 Posted: 00:16:26 13/09/2012
^Maybe they were originally planning for Fright Rider to be a female, even the final figure and concept designs look somewhat feminine to me.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1311 Posted: 00:28:51 13/09/2012
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: Aura24
^And even if you do remove the video, they would still give you a strike. Well the trailer was revealed accidentally by one of the people who worked on it. I suppose it wasn't supposed to be unveiled until later on in September or October.

I'll remove it, just to be safe, I'd rather not risk loosing my unlimited upload right before Giants comes out.

You might want to link the GoNintendo page that shows the trailer on the info box of the topic, bio.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:39:54 13/09/2012 by Aura24
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1312 Posted: 01:27:38 13/09/2012

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Artwork of Fright Rider.

Do you notice that Pop Fizzs base is the same as the Prototype Spyro?
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#1313 Posted: 01:43:52 13/09/2012
Quote: ShadowMewX
What the heck happened to his voice? I liked it better in the "Tall Tales" trailer.

Most of the voices between the game and CG promo cartoons are different for some reason.
Maybe it cost too much to sign some VAs for multiple roles or some other legal wizardry?
---
#all Spyros are valid
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#1314 Posted: 02:20:19 13/09/2012
Quote: Okaps
Quote: ShadowMewX
What the heck happened to his voice? I liked it better in the "Tall Tales" trailer.

Most of the voices between the game and CG promo cartoons are different for some reason.
Maybe it cost too much to sign some VAs for multiple roles or some other legal wizardry?

More like they have different studios doing the whole thing. One studio has their own VAs doing the promos and the main game studio has their own VAs for the game itself.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1315 Posted: 02:24:46 13/09/2012
I liked his voice in the Facebook demo better.
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#1316 Posted: 02:44:43 13/09/2012
faun was gone all week. can anyone tell faun what was revealed in the amazon leak that hints at what may be in the first wave?
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1317 Posted: 02:47:05 13/09/2012
^ Why is Faun talking in third person?
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
#1318 Posted: 02:48:03 13/09/2012
Quote: faunatic
faun was gone all week. can anyone tell faun what was revealed in the amazon leak that hints at what may be in the first wave?

Jet Vac and Crusher trailers revealed.

GITD Cynder Revealed
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#1319 Posted: 02:53:01 13/09/2012
Skylandscaper knows that faun always talks in third person.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1320 Posted: 03:02:17 13/09/2012
Quote: joerox123

It is an attention seeking device, just ignore it. When my youngest (not yet 2) does something to get a reaction but you don't provide the reaction, he soon gives up on it and starts to mature.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#1321 Posted: 03:11:44 13/09/2012
Quote: DinoHex
I just realized that using the GamePad on the Wii U version as a Portal would make so much more space to fit the larger figures and that would be incredibly helpful. As an extension I believe the Wii U also has Infared which if it does and I remembered right then it may work as a separate option for a 3DS Portal as well.
With that I think we can safely say the Wii version is going to be the most unappealing and pointless this time.

I've seen a lot of people speculate the portal will be the Wii U gamepad on the Wii U version, but what nobody seems to point out is how awkward that would be to hold. Having to play the game with a figure balanced on the controller just doesn't seem practical, especially when most people hold a controller at an angle. It would also take away part of the appeal since part of the charm is placing the characters on the magical portal.

The regular Wii remotes and Nunchuck have Compatability with the Wii U. So the GamePad would basically just be a Portal and the controls would stay the same.
#1322 Posted: 03:59:34 13/09/2012
Quote: joerox123

It is an attention seeking device, just ignore it. When my youngest (not yet 2) does something to get a reaction but you don't provide the reaction, he soon gives up on it and starts to mature.

goodness. that's some unnecessary bile. and, no, ignoring faun hasn't stopped this. faun's been here for awhile and plans to continue. if faun actually wanted attention, there are better ways to get it than a writing experiment.

as for the original question, the answer is in faun's profile. :)
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#1323 Posted: 04:21:49 13/09/2012
^ I'm not sure why some people seem bothered by it, I find it somewhat fun and entertaining especially if it helps you think and type =). It also adds to your character and personality (in a good way of course smilie).
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#1324 Posted: 04:29:20 13/09/2012
thank you very much, opalosprey. :) the vehemence with which faun's chosen writing style is met here was always surprising and mystifying. elsewhere, most people don't care or think it's fun (and a lot of people here don't seem to mind once they get used to it :)).

also, thanks for the info, zapnorris! :)
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#1325 Posted: 05:24:22 13/09/2012
Confirmed Glow in the Dark Cynder for Gamestation (UK) anyway, (I didn't take this picture, but I did ask permission from the guy who did before posting it here):
[User Posted Image]

Look carefully at the top of the portal which is normally white (and lights up) - it has a greenish glow/tinge to it.

ANYHOW, how would one get this in the US? i have already pre-ordered this in TRU.
followup question: would the 3ds starter pack also have this?
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#1326 Posted: 06:31:52 13/09/2012
goodness. that's some unnecessary bile. and, no, ignoring faun hasn't stopped this. faun's been here for awhile and plans to continue. if faun actually wanted attention, there are better ways to get it than a writing experiment.

Wow! If you think that is bile, then you must be incredibly sensitive. I based the opinion on psych research as well as my many years of teaching and parenting. I apologise if you found it offensive.

I am sorry to say that if you require such a device to temper your words, then I do wonder how you would function in society without it? Not to put too fine a point on it, if you did that academically, you would lose marks. Likewise, if you tried that professionally, you would find your career options limited. I hope for your sake that your EQ develops enough that you can out-grow the requirement.

Feel free to PM me if you wish further assistance as I can dig up some resources to facilitate your development, if you like. I am happy to try to help... (Caveat: Most of my texts are in storage so it may take me a little while to dig something up but I will endeavour to try my best).
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#1327 Posted: 06:34:33 13/09/2012
Nibelilt,you seem like the smartest person here,would you know if GITD Cynder and portal be coming out in GameStop?
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
#1328 Posted: 06:54:17 13/09/2012
Quote: CAMOflauge
Nibelilt,you seem like the smartest person here,would you know if GITD Cynder and portal be coming out in GameStop?

At this stage there has been no mention of it at GameStop.

This is a supreme bummer (yes, I can use that word) for US people - for Oz people like Nibelilt and me, we can play the UK game on our consoles. Many other parts of the world cannot.

I understand that you are not in America so can you play UK games on your console? If so, you can order it from the UK and shipping is only 5 quid, if that helps.

So, for the sake of all of the people who can't play UK games, I hope your country gets the variant pack. I foresee that it may not be GameStop (or derivative) who gets the license as they get other exclusives but, hopefully, a competitor you have access to.
---
Soylent Green is People!
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#1329 Posted: 06:55:43 13/09/2012
wow. chaosworrier. troll, flame, counter flame, SERIOUS OFF TOPIC achieved.

i want the glowy portal. that looks awesome
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:56:10 13/09/2012 by exosquad
#1330 Posted: 07:07:10 13/09/2012
I live to serve - however my credo is to give people what they need, not necessarily what they want...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#1331 Posted: 07:31:17 13/09/2012
Quote: CAMOflauge

Thanks! smilie smilie

As chaos said, there has been no mention of it coming outside of GAME whatsoever.

Concerning wether you can order it and play it... The toys and the Portal will work fine. But you would need a PAL (ordered from Europe/Australia) console to play the included game. So unless you import consoles you would need to buy two of the Game Packs to be able to use them.

But anyway to get back on-topic if the glow-in-the-dark on the portal is the base and the markings I'll pass on opening mine. I would rather have a colorful one. :3
#1332 Posted: 07:36:04 13/09/2012
But anyway to get back on-topic if the glow-in-the-dark on the portal is the base and the markings I'll pass on opening mine. I would rather have a colorful one.

Yes, my concern is that the glow Portal will not light up the same way the S2 standard one does and I wiill be forced to keep both for the sake of completeness. That said, right now I speculate that it will light up the same where is lights up and merely have extra "glowy" parts, as opposed to light up parts replaced by glowy parts.
---
Soylent Green is People!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1333 Posted: 14:46:26 13/09/2012
Nintendo's Wii U Preview had Activision appear. Their brief video shows a bit of Skylanders Giants, including our first look of Thumpback in game.

Looks like one of his attacks is sliding along the ground with his mouth open, probably doing damage.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#1334 Posted: 14:47:36 13/09/2012
^

Link plz?
#1335 Posted: 14:49:11 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
It was live, but it'll be on YT soon.
#1336 Posted: 14:49:31 13/09/2012
Quote: ZapNorris
^

Link plz?

They just showed it, and they should be uploading a video of the entire conference when it's all done.
---
#1337 Posted: 14:55:17 13/09/2012
I hope it comes to YouTube soon, I wanna see thumpy do some skating.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1338 Posted: 14:55:55 13/09/2012
[User Posted Image]

yeah it looks great smilie
#1339 Posted: 14:56:17 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Nintendo are usually quick when it comes to uploading their conferences, so it shouldn't be too long.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1340 Posted: 14:56:21 13/09/2012
Quote: LunarDistortion

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Artwork of Fright Rider.

Do you notice that Pop Fizzs base is the same as the Prototype Spyro?

yeah looks like it.
#1341 Posted: 15:11:09 13/09/2012
Here's Thumpback in the sizzle reel for Wii U pulling the island close and cheering. (@ about 0:40)

[User Posted Image]
---
#1342 Posted: 15:12:58 13/09/2012
He looks strong.
#1343 Posted: 15:19:23 13/09/2012
I think all the giants are going to be pretty strong. lol

Nintendo is *supposed* to be playing the presentation in a loop but it looks like it hasn't started over again. Unless Activision or Skylanders upload the reel though, it's unlikely it'll be in a separate video, so we'll have to grab screenshots fast.
---
#1344 Posted: 15:20:21 13/09/2012
I hope thumpy gets "officially revealed" next.
buzz Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#1345 Posted: 15:36:38 13/09/2012
Wii U version has box art and a new familiar developer

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/...-Revealed/11212
#1346 Posted: 15:40:54 13/09/2012
[User Posted Image]

And from the GITD Cynder photo, I think I can see jet-vac's stats.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1347 Posted: 15:46:11 13/09/2012
Thumpback looks great, but I wish the Wii U had a little bit different box art....
#1348 Posted: 15:56:52 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I presume that Vicarious Visions are working on porting the game to the Wii U rather than actually building a whole new version from the ground up. Still curious as to if the Wii U version will also be available in a booster pack - like, if the Portal from the Wii/PS3 version of SSA works on the Wii U.

Edit: NM, looks like it'll just be a starter pack - oh well.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:01:13 13/09/2012 by bionicle2809
TubSinabs14 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#1349 Posted: 16:11:07 13/09/2012
[User Posted Image]

Ok so is this up for pre-order yet, if so do you have to go in store, cause I cannot find it anywhere on the site. Any help appriciated

I found the GITD Portal edition, but not the GITD portal and GITD cynder
---
37/37 Werds BB GITDsmilie flockedsmilie Sidekicks Wave 1 Wave 2 smilieGranitesmilieGITDsmilie+portal+smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie. Expecting SEXY smilie. NEEEEED smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:40 13/09/2012 by TubSinabs14
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 14104
#1350 Posted: 16:42:53 13/09/2012
Polygon has a tiny bit about the Wii U controls.

Quote:
Players will be able to tilt the GamePad to manipulate the game, and use the touchscreen to "drag and drop" Skylanders. Objectives and other information will appear on the GamePad's screen.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
First | Previous | Page 27 of 163 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 161 162 163

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me