Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 27 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1301 Posted: 01:08:14 26/07/2015
I'm jealous of the person who came up with the ship name. It's too cute.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#1302 Posted: 11:11:56 26/07/2015
Yoshi's Uair can kill at around 80%-150% and can combo fairly easily from Uthrow. IDK if this is better or worse than Roy's Dthrow -> Blazer (Up Special).
---
You can't handle MEMES
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:13:45 26/07/2015 by Qcumber
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1303 Posted: 11:17:01 26/07/2015
Quote: Qcumber
Yoshi's Uair can kill at around 80%-150% and can combo fairly easily from Uthrow. IDK if this is better or worse than Roy's Dthrow -> Blazer (Up Special).

Roy's UpB can't kill until ~120% on the ground. In the air it's even less.
#1304 Posted: 11:34:18 26/07/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
Quote: Qcumber

Roy's UpB can't kill until ~120% on the ground. In the air it's even less.

Does that make Roy's combo better or worse? I don't have Roy yet, but I think the bigger hitbox would make it better. However, I haven't tested Yoshi's combo much yet.

I remember killing Bowser on Final Destination at 144% when he was close to the ground, but that's the most I remember. I think I also killed Robin at 80% at the top of Palutena's Temple with Yoshi's Uthrow -> Uair.
---
You can't handle MEMES
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1305 Posted: 12:23:15 26/07/2015
I don't know if it matters, but I notice that a fully charged Bowser FSmash can KO most opponents at 25%! ...Though I think they'd have to be close enough to the edge of the ring and either leave themselves open a long time or be complete idiots. His regular FSmash can kill at 45% though, which is still pretty good.
#1306 Posted: 15:41:22 27/07/2015
I just 2-stocked a Level 7 CPU without taking any damage for the first time.
---
You can't handle MEMES
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1307 Posted: 11:30:04 28/07/2015
What's you guys most played character? Mine is Ike for me but my brother played Zero Suit Samus a lot so she is number one on the statistics. The bold characters are the one's I play.

1. Zero Suit Samus
2. Robin
3. Ike
4. Ganondorf
5. Little Mac
6. Fox
7. Luigi
8. Pikachu
9. Greninja
10. Marth

My mains are Ike, Luigi and Lucas.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:30:38 28/07/2015 by wreckingballbob
#1308 Posted: 12:13:52 28/07/2015
I'll post pictures of my records later.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#1309 Posted: 12:41:38 28/07/2015
dark pit any good?
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#1310 Posted: 12:57:10 28/07/2015
My top 3 most played fighters are:

1) Bowser Jr.
2) Ike
3) Toon Link
---
You can't handle MEMES
#1311 Posted: 14:20:45 28/07/2015
Quote: Skylanders fan
dark pit any good?

Pit is better.
#1312 Posted: 15:16:11 28/07/2015
dark pit any good?

Dark Pit is better for beginners, but Pit is better overall.

Also, my main is Bowser Jr., but I'm considering changing to a different fighter because of his speed.
---
You can't handle MEMES
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8564
#1313 Posted: 16:16:43 28/07/2015
dark pit any good?

Pit is better.

Pit has more combos.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:16:58 28/07/2015 by somePerson
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1314 Posted: 16:20:44 28/07/2015
dark pit any good?

Pit is a bit quicker. Dark Pit is slightly slower, but does a bit more damage.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1315 Posted: 16:35:01 28/07/2015
Quote: Matteomax
dark pit any good?

Pit is a bit quicker. Dark Pit is slightly slower, but does a bit more damage.

Pit isn't any quicker.

The only differences between the two are as follows:

-Pit's Upper Dash Arm launches vertically, Dark Pit's Electroshock launches to the side. Electroshock also does 0.5% more damage. Electroshock also has an electric elemental effect, while Upper Dash Arm has none.
-Dark Pit's arrows do 1% more damage uncharged (2% more fully charged), but cannot turn nearly as tightly and they are slower.
-Dark Pit's Forward Tilt deals less knockback.
-Dark Pit's Final Smash is different to Pit's, and is basically the same as Zelda's/Sheik's.

That's it, there is literally nothing else.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:36:00 28/07/2015 by sonicbrawler182
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1316 Posted: 16:43:33 28/07/2015
dark pit any good?

Pit is better.

that's, well... PARTIALLY true.

Both characters have the exact same run speed, are the exact same size, and have only 3 differences:
-Pit's foward tilt is stronger than Dark Pit's, and can kill an opponent at a much lower percentage than Dark Pit's.
-Pit's arrows have more range and can be maneuvered at 180 degrees max, while Dark Pit can only incline his arrows at about 10 degrees. as a result though, Dark Pit's arrows are much stronger than Pit's.
-Dark Pit's side special can do more damage and sends opponents flying at about 50 degrees, along with having an electric effect. Pit's does less damage but sends opponents flying at about 80-90 degrees.

Which character is better really depends on the match-up of opponents, the type of player you are, and the type of player you're facing. I used to main Dark Pit because I relied on his side special so much, but I use Pit instead now because I also have an over-reliance on arrows, tilts, and air combos with both characters. So because of my specific playstyle, Pit is the overall better character for me personally, but I still secondary Dark Pit because of his side special.

Pit is usually considered the better character because of how his differences can make him follow up combos faster than Dark Pit(which might be why people say he's faster than Dark Pit, even though both pretty much have the exact same speed).

EDIT: ninja'd by sonicbrawler.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:44:03 28/07/2015 by pankakesparx456
#1317 Posted: 16:54:48 28/07/2015
Pit is the better of the two, but by a very, very small degree. On a tier list, they should pretty much end up right beside each other, with Pit being listed a position higher than Dark Pit. Same thing with Marth and Lucina, with Marth being a position higher.

With Mario and Dr. Mario, their differences are much more drastic in terms of variables and launch angles. Mario is considered far better than Dr. Mario, though. Literally the only things Dr. Mario has over Mario that you might notice is that his attacks are stronger, and his pills are better for zoning than Mario's fireballs, but Mario has such great combos and gimping potential, it really doesn't matter. And then Dr. Mario just has a ton of weaknesses like his exceptionally poor recovery. Dr. Mario is forced to play defensively, while Mario can shake things up in many different ways.

Anyway since we were talking about it earlier, here is my playtime with various characters on Wii U.

[User Posted Image]
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1318 Posted: 17:17:46 28/07/2015 | Topic Creator
No surprise that Rosalina is your #1 played fighter lmao
---
words. letters. filler.
#1319 Posted: 17:19:57 28/07/2015
She'd ought to be when I'm actually developing tech for her...

...oops, did I say that out loud?
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1320 Posted: 19:18:03 28/07/2015
Wow, my highest is only five hours.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:02 28/07/2015 by wreckingballbob
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1321 Posted: 19:57:55 28/07/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Pit is the better of the two, but by a very, very small degree. On a tier list, they should pretty much end up right beside each other, with Pit being listed a position higher than Dark Pit. Same thing with Marth and Lucina, with Marth being a position higher.

With Mario and Dr. Mario, their differences are much more drastic in terms of variables and launch angles. Mario is considered far better than Dr. Mario, though. Literally the only things Dr. Mario has over Mario that you might notice is that his attacks are stronger, and his pills are better for zoning than Mario's fireballs, but Mario has such great combos and gimping potential, it really doesn't matter. And then Dr. Mario just has a ton of weaknesses like his exceptionally poor recovery. Dr. Mario is forced to play defensively, while Mario can shake things up in many different ways.

Anyway since we were talking about it earlier, here is my playtime with various characters on Wii U.

[User Posted Image]

I really do respect what Dr. Mario players can do in terms of making use of the few advantages he has over Mario, though. They take what Dr. Has going for him and at least make use of what he can do that Mario can't (ie. killing with the non-meteor F-air) it really does make playing as him SEEM easy.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1322 Posted: 20:59:34 28/07/2015
oh are we doing play time now

[User Posted Image]

almost a day with luigi
---
you never saw me
#1323 Posted: 21:08:15 28/07/2015 | Topic Creator
How do I get a screenshot of my playtime? smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#1324 Posted: 21:27:29 28/07/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
How do I get a screenshot of my playtime? :P

post it on miiverse and copy the image through
---
you never saw me
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1325 Posted: 22:07:47 28/07/2015
i didn't know i wanted King k rool dlc until i heard the rumors.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1326 Posted: 22:35:20 28/07/2015
She'd ought to be when I'm actually developing tech for her...

...oops, did I say that out loud?

You competitive fighter now.
#1327 Posted: 23:57:30 28/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I almost never change to my set player/profile and either forget to so I'll just post the overall.
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1328 Posted: 00:31:35 29/07/2015
[User Posted Image]

Quote: ZapNorris
i didn't know i wanted King k rool dlc until i heard the rumors.

Welkome.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#1329 Posted: 00:34:34 29/07/2015
Battles played:
1: Shulk 69 (3:12)
2: Roy 59 (3:01)
3: Mii Brawler 48 (1:48)
4: Mii Swordsman 33 (1:28)
5: Samus (idk y) 10 (0:28)

Really need to play more.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1330 Posted: 01:35:53 29/07/2015
Zero Suit Samus is the most overpowered character p.p seriously I wish I was kidding but nope, she is scientifically the best character (Sorry other female characters, but you are simply weaker)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#1331 Posted: 01:54:25 29/07/2015
Quote: Windumup
Zero Suit Samus is the most overpowered character p.p seriously I wish I was kidding but nope, she is scientifically the best character (Sorry other female characters, but you are simply weaker)

lol reasons
---
you never saw me
#1332 Posted: 01:56:41 29/07/2015

If you think ZSS is overpowered, you either have a lot to learn, play a character she has a great MU against, or you need to learn to separate your waifu fantasies from your fighting game character impressions.
---
#1333 Posted: 02:06:41 29/07/2015

If you think ZSS is overpowered, you either have a lot to learn, play a character she has a great MU against, or you need to learn to separate your waifu fantasies from your fighting game character impressions.

She is overpowered via science, not actual moves (well :kappa: depends on what you mean by moves)
That slower reaction time is an advantage, the other smash girls are extremely balanced due to well outfits p.p simply just outfits.

And even if she isn't my waifu (#Nikki from Hunie Pop is mine) she still holds a psychological and scientific advantage on me and other male players. (Ok lesbi chicks you too, but you already have a disadvantage of slower reaction time in general, not specifically in video games. Not being sexist)
---
Mitt rox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1746
#1334 Posted: 02:08:43 29/07/2015

that last part made me laugh............
#1335 Posted: 02:30:29 29/07/2015

She is overpowered via science, not actual moves (well :kappa: depends on what you mean by moves)
That slower reaction time is an advantage, the other smash girls are extremely balanced due to well outfits p.p simply just outfits.

And even if she isn't my waifu (#Nikki from Hunie Pop is mine) she still holds a psychological and scientific advantage on me and other male players. (Ok lesbi chicks you too, but you already have a disadvantage of slower reaction time in general, not specifically in video games. Not being sexist)

I imagine you're taking all of this from that DoA Game Theory episode, in actuality though his conclusions really don't mean anything Smash-wise. Zero Suit Samus would have such a minuscule effect on only the easiest of people that it isn't worth talking about and definitely doesn't make her overpowered, unlike DoA where a major portion of the character's design is sexiness, resulting in much higher results 'scientifically'.

TL;DR Don't take Game Theory as absolute fact. Their findings really mean nothing in this situation.
#1336 Posted: 02:42:51 29/07/2015

I don't think the outfits play that much of a part in the game. Yes, she's strong, but there's others out there that are pretty tough. Rosalina comes to mind in consistently being in the top tier.

Do you really want to be posting that you play Hunie Pop? I know what the game is because I bought for a friend who wanted it for his birthday.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#1337 Posted: 02:54:02 29/07/2015
Quote: Seiki

I don't think the outfits play that much of a part in the game. Yes, she's strong, but there's others out there that are pretty tough. Rosalina comes to mind in consistently being in the top tier.

Do you really want to be posting that you play Hunie Pop? I know what the game is because I bought for a friend who wanted it for his birthday.

(It's not like I used Hunie Pop Avatars on here before p..p)
And while outfits offer no advantage by technicality, scientifically it does. It is kinda hard to explain really
---
#1338 Posted: 02:57:32 29/07/2015

I'm trying to figure out what this is saying and I'm still not sure.

Are you trying to imply that you and others may have a hard time fighting her because you keep gawking at her? If so that's your problem, nothing to do with her advantages or meta.
#1339 Posted: 03:01:47 29/07/2015 | Topic Creator

This has to be the dumbest reason to think that she is an overpowered fighter,
---
words. letters. filler.
#1340 Posted: 03:56:59 29/07/2015
Quote: Seiki

(It's not like I used Hunie Pop Avatars on here before p..p)
And while outfits offer no advantage by technicality, scientifically it does. It is kinda hard to explain really

It may affect things irl, but not so much in a video-game.
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1341 Posted: 04:00:27 29/07/2015
In my opinion tiers are BS. It all depends on how you play.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1342 Posted: 04:04:33 29/07/2015
Quote: CAV

Are you trying to imply that you and others may have a hard time fighting her because you keep gawking at her? If so that's your problem, nothing to do with her advantages or meta.

"I'm fighting a Zero Suit Samus right now and I'd probably be winning if my ****ing dong weren't expanding due to how hot she is!!!!!!!!!!"
#1343 Posted: 04:08:48 29/07/2015

Well more or less, yes. But only scientifically wise, reaction time is big in fighting games (Although this is less effective on the 3DS version as it is a bit harder to see her in full glory on the 3DS version)
Scientifically speaking straight males when staring at a gorgeous (even if it's just a girl on a computer/TV screen) girl have a slower reaction time then those who aren't. Heck it's actually part of the DoA meta to run well you know. (Trying to not get banned and anyways this isn't a DoA topic in the first place)

To sum it up, I am not saying "RUN ONLY ZS SAMUS" as the advantage becomes weaker the longer they get to stare or watch said girl. I am just saying to throw her in your line up of mains as a secret weapon.
Basically bring her out of total surprise, play extremely aggressive and fast while playing smart at the same time. Then in 2 out 3 matches make sure to switch it up
---
#1344 Posted: 04:21:57 29/07/2015

Well more or less, yes. But only scientifically wise, reaction time is big in fighting games (Although this is less effective on the 3DS version as it is a bit harder to see her in full glory on the 3DS version)
Scientifically speaking straight males when staring at a gorgeous (even if it's just a girl on a computer/TV screen) girl have a slower reaction time then those who aren't. Heck it's actually part of the DoA meta to run well you know. (Trying to not get banned and anyways this isn't a DoA topic in the first place)

To sum it up, I am not saying "RUN ONLY ZS SAMUS" as the advantage becomes weaker the longer they get to stare or watch said girl. I am just saying to throw her in your line up of mains as a secret weapon.
Basically bring her out of total surprise, play extremely aggressive and fast while playing smart at the same time. Then in 2 out 3 matches make sure to switch it up

As I said earlier, if the effects even account here, they're way too minuscule to mean anything. If you're playing against anyone who's above decent at Smash or isn't a 13 year old boy, your whole "secret weapon" plan fails.
#1345 Posted: 04:52:57 29/07/2015
[User Posted Image]

For the two of you unaware, LUNATONE is the handle I use most often. The top 6 ranking serves to show my mains in order (save for Falco and Lucina being swapped).

Even still is this perhaps because those guys in question are busy checking out the female, and not necessarily that something appealing by nature causes slower reaction times no matter what? My brother mains ZSS and I've played DOA practically all my life (first 3, now 5) and I don't usually feel any difference in my reaction time when seriously playing, since I'm busy trying to win.

I don't think such a trick will necessarily be effective against competitive players, who are more focused on how to counter ZSS' actual strengths and quirks rather than trying to avert their gaze from her. She's a high/top tier character and not because of how she looks.

Also run well? Call me stupid but I can only think of a vague idea of what you're talking about.
#1346 Posted: 05:10:15 29/07/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

For the two of you unaware, LUNATONE is the handle I use most often. The top 6 ranking serves to show my mains in order (save for Falco and Lucina being swapped).

My brother mains ZSS and I've played DOA practically all my life (first 3, now 5) and I don't usually feel any difference in my reaction time when seriously playing, since I'm busy trying to win.

Go play Senran Kagura, and tell me if there's a difference now lol.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1347 Posted: 05:35:19 29/07/2015
I'm simply saying that, at least from my own experience, there isn't that significant of a difference in reaction when playing against a ZSS, or when playing DOA.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1348 Posted: 07:34:38 29/07/2015
http://the-great-mighty-dick.t...d-for-smash-dlc
HAHAHAHAHAH! KING K ROOL CONFIRMED!
as a mii brawler costume

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sma...287547610574848
CHROM ALSO?
https://mobile.twitter.com/Sma...287712950030336
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:38:17 29/07/2015 by Sleepy0429
#1349 Posted: 10:41:04 29/07/2015
So on that topic we were just on...

How hot a character is isn't universal or objective. It's in the eye of the beholder. And whether or not it effects you is down to your own self control.

Rosalina is way sexier than ZSS to me, and I still main her without any trouble. I also think Palutena is hotter than ZSS (in Smash anyway) and I have no trouble playing as/fighting against her. Rosalina also gets a lot of attention from horny Miiverse users, who obviously overlap into the Smash fandom, but I doubt their attraction to the character effects their play against her. A lot of players can't deal with fighting Rosalina period.

As for the DLC, it's pretty cool it's coming in two days.

And now I will go watch that DoA Game Theory to see what bull**** they are spreading now.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:48:12 29/07/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1350 Posted: 10:53:36 29/07/2015
^Palutena>ZSS>Zelda>Rosalina>Peach IMO
First | Previous | Page 27 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me