Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 26 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1251 Posted: 00:29:36 17/07/2015
Roy is easy for me.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1252 Posted: 01:22:08 17/07/2015
I just got the DLC Collection #2. Some great content here.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:28 17/07/2015 by sonicbrawler182
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#1253 Posted: 02:08:30 17/07/2015
I've been trying to get the hang of ROB and DK.

I play Bowser a lot, I can time things pretty well. I also play Captain Falcon a good amount.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#1254 Posted: 04:01:55 17/07/2015
Roy has become my favorite and best character. Ryu is also a favorite. While I found him tricky to use at first, I quickly got the hang of it and do pretty well with him.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1255 Posted: 09:56:19 17/07/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Ryu is difficult to use for many since he has his button input moves, which is the key to unlocking his true playstyle; combos.

pls dont use a semicolon if you dont know how kthx
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1256 Posted: 14:20:12 17/07/2015
CAV are we gonna fite or wat
#1257 Posted: 16:42:07 17/07/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

are WE gonna fight or not?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1258 Posted: 20:57:31 17/07/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

If you're still down to fight I'm available.
#1259 Posted: 02:24:35 19/07/2015
So EVO came and went. ZeRo predictably won.

Also, Bill Trinen had to drop out due to Iwata's sudden passing, as he had to attend the funeral instead.
---
#1260 Posted: 02:36:55 19/07/2015
Zero's victory also means he may drop Smash 4 in favor of Melee. A while ago he made a promise to someone saying such. This could make the Smash scene more interesting as it won't be just one guy winning all the time.
#1261 Posted: 02:50:23 19/07/2015
Quote: CAV
Zero's victory also means he may drop Smash 4 in favor of Melee. A while ago he made a promise to someone saying such. This could make the Smash scene more interesting as it won't be just one guy winning all the time.

IIRC he didn't say he would entirely drop Smash 4, he'd just star playing Melee.

I'm sure he might take a break, but I doubt he will drop Smash 4. Winning Smash 4 tournaments is more than paying his bills.
---
#1262 Posted: 03:18:05 19/07/2015
Makes sense. From what I hear he was fairly good in Melee, but not far enough in the ranks to where he could comfortably make a living off it.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1263 Posted: 21:34:55 22/07/2015
Any opinions regarding King Dedede's tier placement in Smash 4? I haven't heard much about him at all.
#1264 Posted: 21:37:30 22/07/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises
Any opinions regarding King Dedede's tier placement in Smash 4? I haven't heard much about him at all.

Unused potential is basically dedede.
and marth
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1265 Posted: 21:42:46 22/07/2015
Smashified just released their new Bomberman render.

[User Posted Image]
#1266 Posted: 21:55:26 22/07/2015

He's fairly low.

He can get some super early KOs, but you would have to have real slow reaction times to get hit by any of them, and in general he's nowhere near as good as he was in Brawl.
---
#1267 Posted: 22:05:22 22/07/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

He's fairly low.

He can get some super early KOs, but you would have to have real slow reaction times to get hit by any of them, and in general he's nowhere near as good as he was in Brawl.

How do you think he compares to the other heavyweights (DK, Bowser, and Ganondorf)?

I know most people would consider him to be better than Charizard so I won't bother asking about him.
#1268 Posted: 22:14:47 22/07/2015

He's fairly low.

How do you think he compares to the other heavyweights (DK, Bowser, and Ganondorf)?

I know most people would consider him to be better than Charizard so I won't bother asking about him.

Actually, I'd easily say Charizard is better than Dedede. Charizard is very viable after the recent buffs he got. He has a combo throw (down throw) and a KO throw (up throw), and his KO throw is about as strong as Ness's back throw in terms of knockback, but it also has the same property as Kirby's and Meta Knights in that he flies off screen and lands on the first piece of ground he hits, meaning you can start the throw from the bottom platform of a stage, but land on the top platform at the end of the animation, and since the move launches upwards, you can get some seriously early KOs that way.

Dedede might be a little better than Ganondorf and DK, though I don't have a full opinion. Bowser and Charizard are well above those guys though. Bowser has always been fairly good, and he's even been buffed across patches so he's only improved since launch. Charizard was initially terrible, but his recent buffs (the throw buffs aren't the only buffs he got) have done wonders for him. He's easily mid-tier now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:09 22/07/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1269 Posted: 01:51:26 23/07/2015

He's fairly low.

Actually, I'd easily say Charizard is better than Dedede. Charizard is very viable after the recent buffs he got. He has a combo throw (down throw) and a KO throw (up throw), and his KO throw is about as strong as Ness's back throw in terms of knockback, but it also has the same property as Kirby's and Meta Knights in that he flies off screen and lands on the first piece of ground he hits, meaning you can start the throw from the bottom platform of a stage, but land on the top platform at the end of the animation, and since the move launches upwards, you can get some seriously early KOs that way.

Dedede might be a little better than Ganondorf and DK, though I don't have a full opinion. Bowser and Charizard are well above those guys though. Bowser has always been fairly good, and he's even been buffed across patches so he's only improved since launch. Charizard was initially terrible, but his recent buffs (the throw buffs aren't the only buffs he got) have done wonders for him. He's easily mid-tier now.

So that would put Bowser at Upper-Mid tier, Charizard at mid, Dedede around low, and DK and Ganondorf lower in the low.

I guess I was a bit stuck in the past for putting Charizard down there, his U-throw is incredible.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:52:44 23/07/2015 by Mrmorrises
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8572
#1270 Posted: 02:52:37 23/07/2015
Actually, I'd easily say Charizard is better than Dedede. Charizard is very viable after the recent buffs he got. He has a combo throw (down throw) and a KO throw (up throw), and his KO throw is about as strong as Ness's back throw in terms of knockback

Da***.
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#1271 Posted: 04:47:50 23/07/2015
Is there and way that Tails will make it into smash? I mean they have Sonic.
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
#1272 Posted: 04:56:08 23/07/2015
Quote: Camo22

He's not impossible, but he's pretty unlikely. I personally don't think he'll get in.
#1273 Posted: 05:33:42 23/07/2015

I wouldn't count on it if I were you. Capcom managed to get two reps but it's worth noting they're from different franchises. I imagine if Sega got another, it would not be a Sonic character.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1274 Posted: 05:37:11 23/07/2015 | Topic Creator

I wouldn't count on it if I were you. Capcom managed to get two reps but it's worth noting they're from different franchises. I imagine if Sega got another, it would not be a Sonic character.

Persona 5 antagonist please (Persona and Atlus are SEGA property :3)
---
words. letters. filler.
#1275 Posted: 05:43:54 23/07/2015
^That would be interesting, but with Persona never having had much presence on Nintendo (Persona Q is the only game I can think of) and largely being a Sony exclusive franchise, it probably won't happen. We'd sooner see NiGHTS or Bayonetta.
#1276 Posted: 05:54:12 23/07/2015 | Topic Creator
^That would be interesting, but with Persona never having had much presence on Nintendo (Persona Q is the only game I can think of) and largely being a Sony exclusive franchise, it probably won't happen. We'd sooner see NiGHTS or Bayonetta.

Kidding about Persona, although NiGHTS would be amazing.
---
words. letters. filler.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1277 Posted: 16:00:58 23/07/2015
Starting to think that, now that Activision teamed up with Nintendo for the Skylanders/Amiibo crossover, we could possibly see Activision owned characters get into Smash. Just a thought.

*coughCrashOrSpyrocough*
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1278 Posted: 16:33:35 23/07/2015
I don't think that means anything. Not every deal is two way.
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#1279 Posted: 21:35:53 23/07/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
Smashified just released their new Bomberman render.

[User Posted Image]

That looks simply glorious I would love it if Bomberman got in Smash. In fact he's one of the many candidates I want to see in SMash along with a pretty few others I already suggested here.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1280 Posted: 23:07:40 23/07/2015
Remember when there was huge speculation about Ridley being a playable fighter?
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1281 Posted: 23:13:07 23/07/2015
Remember when there was huge speculation about Ridley being a playable fighter?

Remember all of the people who had common sense and knew he wouldn't be
---
you never saw me
#1282 Posted: 23:53:33 23/07/2015
I still see no reason why Ridley couldn't have been a fighter in Smash 4, but it's long over so I don't feel like getting into anymore arguments about it.
#1283 Posted: 00:10:28 24/07/2015
This is why Ridley isn't in Smash:

[User Posted Image]
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#1284 Posted: 15:21:08 24/07/2015
I feel like the Pyrosphere stage is just there to prove why Ridley shouldn't be playable. Whenever I play there, once Ridley shows up, everyone who is not his ally gets destroyed. It's barely even a fight anymore. Even if they somehow made him smaller he would be ridiculously powerful and not at all fun to fight.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1285 Posted: 15:29:12 24/07/2015
The only reason I want to see Ridley playable is to piss off those who don't want him in.
Well that, and because he's not human.

He's fairly low.

I know he's low tier, but... ... Why can't I beat him online!?!

Also, people were doing mains earlier, so...

1: Bowser
2: Wario
3: Yoshi
4: Mewtwo
5: Little Mac
6: Rosalina and Luma
7: Mr. Game and Watch

One last thing... is it wrong that I noticed that Ness and Lucas' forward smash can deflect projectiles just recently?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:33:29 24/07/2015 by MugoUrth
#1286 Posted: 16:33:44 24/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: MugoUrth
The only reason I want to see Ridley playable is to piss off those who don't want him in.

He's fairly low.

One last thing... is it wrong that I noticed that Ness and Lucas' forward smash can deflect projectiles just recently?

1: Maybe you just don't play good against D3 smilie

2: Yep, they can deflect villagers bowling balls as he drops them actually.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1287 Posted: 19:38:51 24/07/2015
Quote: MugoUrth

He's fairly low.

Also, people were doing mains earlier, so...

1: Bowser
2: Wario
3: Yoshi
4: Mewtwo
5: Little Mac
6: Rosalina and Luma
7: Mr. Game and Watch

Dedede can be difficult to beat online for some characters. I've been playing quite a bit of Mr. Game and Watch recently, and I've found that his biggest weakness is fighting characters with large smash attacks (ie. Dedede, Link, Bowser).
#1288 Posted: 20:08:03 24/07/2015
Quote: awesomerockets
I feel like the Pyrosphere stage is just there to prove why Ridley shouldn't be playable. Whenever I play there, once Ridley shows up, everyone who is not his ally gets destroyed. It's barely even a fight anymore. Even if they somehow made him smaller he would be ridiculously powerful and not at all fun to fight.

He's like that because he's a boss. Ganondorf could also realistically kill everyone on the battlefield easily, but they toned down his powers to fit inside of a fighting game. His Other M model could work well with scaling him down much more than the Brawl model, as seen in this Brawl mod. Sure, he's a bit too powerful even in that mod, but with some tweaks he could work.

Like I said earlier though, there's not much use fighting about it. He's not in and he's not getting in. I'll wait until Smash 5 to support him again.
#1289 Posted: 20:18:21 24/07/2015
^Palutena could also kill everyone on the battlefield, but w/e
#1290 Posted: 20:30:53 24/07/2015
The reason Sakurai didn't include Ridley was because he was too big. Not even trying to be a troll here.

And before anyone brings up the Bowser or Kirby arguments - it's a proportions thing. Ridley is supposed to look absolutely massive compared to Samus. Making him near her size would just look wrong and would take away from how intimidating he is supposed to look.

Every other character that has their size changed still looks their proper size relative to their home stage and other characters in their series, which seems to be Sakurai's general goal. Kirby characters may be massively scaled up on the Mario stages, but on the Kirby stages, non-Kirby characters are actually scaled down relative to Kirby. While there are discrepencies, particularly with characters who have an officially confirmed/fan deduced canon size (Rosalina is still noticeably shorter in Smash than she is in Galaxy, as she is only a little bit taller than Peach in Smash, while she towers over Peach in Galaxy, and she actually should be even taller than Ganondorf by like 4cm, yet Ganondorf is taller in Smash - but she still towers over Mario in Smash, which is the main thing Sakurai was aiming for), and while I do think some characters have some amazing liberties taken even between franchises (Sonic is the tallest of "the big four" in Smash, yet canonically, he should be the shortest, or at least shorter than Mario and Mega Man), most of the characters that have their size played with in Smash are both cartoony and symmetrical, and also humanoid. Ridley is none of these things, meaning you can't simply scale him down in a 3D model editor and call it a night. His anatomy is built around his large size. It doesn't translate well into making him smaller (no, that Project M mod is not a good example, it only backs up my point).

I don't care for Ridley either way, so I'm unbiased. But as a game designer myself, and as someone who has worked with 3D models and animation, I understand exactly why Ridley isn't in Smash as a playable fighter, and Sakurai has said as much. You would have to change him up to a point where he isn't Ridley anymore.

Besides, I don't get why people don't want him as a boss - there are many giant characters like him I would love to as Smash bosses. I wish the game actually had more stage bosses, so we could have had enough for a Boss Rush Mode. I loved all of the bosses in Subspace Emissary. I particularly would love to fight more legendary Pokémon like Rayquaza as bosses.

Quote:
Quote: Mesuxelf

There are many, many characters that out class Palutena in Smash, going by canon abilities. She is a goddess, but she isn't a particularly powerful one.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:32:21 24/07/2015 by sonicbrawler182
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8572
#1291 Posted: 20:44:03 24/07/2015
Ridley would look like a stick with a Funko pop head.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#1292 Posted: 21:43:18 24/07/2015
The reason Sakurai didn't include Ridley was because he was too big. Not even trying to be a troll here.

And before anyone brings up the Bowser or Kirby arguments - it's a proportions thing. Ridley is supposed to look absolutely massive compared to Samus. Making him near her size would just look wrong and would take away from how intimidating he is supposed to look.

Every other character that has their size changed still looks their proper size relative to their home stage and other characters in their series, which seems to be Sakurai's general goal. Kirby characters may be massively scaled up on the Mario stages, but on the Kirby stages, non-Kirby characters are actually scaled down relative to Kirby. While there are discrepencies, particularly with characters who have an officially confirmed/fan deduced canon size (Rosalina is still noticeably shorter in Smash than she is in Galaxy, as she is only a little bit taller than Peach in Smash, while she towers over Peach in Galaxy, and she actually should be even taller than Ganondorf by like 4cm, yet Ganondorf is taller in Smash - but she still towers over Mario in Smash, which is the main thing Sakurai was aiming for), and while I do think some characters have some amazing liberties taken even between franchises (Sonic is the tallest of "the big four" in Smash, yet canonically, he should be the shortest, or at least shorter than Mario and Mega Man), most of the characters that have their size played with in Smash are both cartoony and symmetrical, and also humanoid. Ridley is none of these things, meaning you can't simply scale him down in a 3D model editor and call it a night. His anatomy is built around his large size. It doesn't translate well into making him smaller (no, that Project M mod is not a good example, it only backs up my point).

I don't care for Ridley either way, so I'm unbiased. But as a game designer myself, and as someone who has worked with 3D models and animation, I understand exactly why Ridley isn't in Smash as a playable fighter, and Sakurai has said as much. You would have to change him up to a point where he isn't Ridley anymore.

Besides, I don't get why people don't want him as a boss - there are many giant characters like him I would love to as Smash bosses. I wish the game actually had more stage bosses, so we could have had enough for a Boss Rush Mode. I loved all of the bosses in Subspace Emissary. I particularly would love to fight more legendary Pokémon like Rayquaza as bosses.

Quote:
Quote: Mesuxelf

There are many, many characters that out class Palutena in Smash, going by canon abilities. She is a goddess, but she isn't a particularly powerful one.

Rosalina isn't that much taller than Peach, the reason why she'll look taller is because she's floating, not standing. When (rarely) standing, she's about the same height, maybe a tad taller.

Anyway, as much as I'd love him in Smash, we likely won't get Ridley for a while.

Also, yes, while Palutena is a goddess, she doesn't seem that powerful canon wise compared to Dyntos or Hades. Maybe because she's (likely) younger then the two I mentioned, but not even Palutena could beat all the characters.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#1293 Posted: 21:49:59 24/07/2015
I understand a lot of your points, Brawler. While I still don't think it would be impossible to put him in, he's not in Smash 4, he's not getting in as DLC, and if Sakurai is still director of Smash 5 he's most likely not going to be in that one either. (Even if he's not, there's no telling if the new director would even consider him, let alone put enough priority on him to make him work).
#1294 Posted: 02:15:57 25/07/2015
Rosalina is canonically 7'7", Peach is only 6'1". That's not what I call "about the same size". And Rosalina often brushes off the ground while floating anyway.

[User Posted Image]

If for some reason you still don't believe this, boot up Galaxy, walk directly in front of Rosalina, and enter first person mode. Mario's eyes are literally just about level with Rosalina's crotch.

Also as far as Palutena's power goes, let's just say that in her trailer for Smash, she literally says "I won't hold back from anyone!". Meanwhile, Sakurai had to go out of his way to clarify that Rosalina is using her gravitational powers to make herself lighter so fighters have an easier time dealing with her, and also clarified that she is non-chalant to the "damage" she takes.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:23:10 25/07/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1295 Posted: 16:59:13 25/07/2015
[User Posted Image]

- - -
#1296 Posted: 17:10:38 25/07/2015
As said before, I understand why Ridley isn't in the game. I don't personally care for Ridley much (I don't use heavyweights often), but I wouldn't mind him in the game if the dev team somehow managed to make him work in the future.

And there's a good list of people I'd rather see get in sooner.
#1297 Posted: 17:16:39 25/07/2015
[User Posted Image]

- - -
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3571
#1298 Posted: 18:59:36 25/07/2015
^ Alpharad eue
---
My life is complete.
#1299 Posted: 00:31:53 26/07/2015
[User Posted Image]

Roysalina.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#1300 Posted: 00:46:09 26/07/2015
[User Posted Image]

Roysalina.

Are you jealous, SonicBrawler?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
First | Previous | Page 26 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me