Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Frito Lay PRIZE has arrived.../ Next promo (Sidekicks) info in HERE
First | Previous | Page 24 of 35 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 33 34 35
Frito Lay PRIZE has arrived.../ Next promo (Sidekicks) info in HERE [CLOSED]
Jet Moto 4 Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#1151 Posted: 06:26:06 10/07/2012
Oh. And Wrecking Ball and Stealth Elf and Whirlwind.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1152 Posted: 09:24:42 10/07/2012
Enjoyment? My kids love to learn to so there is enjoyment in that. Do they love all aspects of all subjects? Not on your life. But, tough shale, that's part of life - I have to learn lots of things to get by that I don't want to learn. They know that they can't put less than 100% in just because they don't like it; the world doesn't work that way.

Do my kids study all hours of the day? No, I don't believe in that and quite often that is trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. My kids are also expected to get out and play and enjoy life, including stretching their artistic and creative sides. A good example is basketball - my kids will never be stars but I do expect that they try their hardest and not give up as their team is relying upon them. They are above average players but that is more their own tenacious drive to excel rather than innate ability.

Most of the civilised world does not actually use a "traditional" grading system anymore. The grades are based on more than that and are standardised across a national level. My kids have been consistently graded in the top 2% of the nation so if they drop significantly lower than that then there is something wrong - if that "something" was an external driver, then I am aware of it and will rectify if appropriate. My children know they either accept the rectification or they find another place to live.

And, yes, in the country I live in you need good grades to get in the course you want so they have meaning beyond what "does not fit the mo(u)ld".

Your blood is type B+? Then failure runs through your veins!
Portal Master? Why not Portal PhD?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#1153 Posted: 10:05:21 10/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Could you two please take this to PM, as requested by someone else?? Nobody else wants to read it, we're coming in here to read about prizes and sidekicks...
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#1154 Posted: 10:20:50 10/07/2012
I didn't need them, so I didn't end up buying them, but I saw assorted Sidekicks bags when I dropped by Target yesterday afternoon. Wouldn't hurt to check there if anyone is still looking for them. They were on sale also, $6 per bag.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#1155 Posted: 12:03:16 10/07/2012
Quote: Postalgoddess
Could you two please take this to PM, as requested by someone else?? Nobody else wants to read it, we're coming in here to read about prizes and sidekicks...

Well, I did state that I was happy to take it to PM, but far be it for me not to try to get the last word in (character flaw, I know!)

But, hey, I did throw in a SL reference in my comedic conclusion...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
jdiknght24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1979
#1156 Posted: 12:57:43 10/07/2012
Found bags at Walmart in Bristol, VA. I got four bags and sent in my forms yesterday.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1157 Posted: 13:34:56 10/07/2012
Quote: Jet Moto 4
Quote: Okaps
Quote: ZapNorris
Life sized smilie... SCARY.

And who's Rugburn?

A hypothetical name for baby Sunburn?

Dingdingding!

Cute, no?

Rugburn would be even cuter then Warnado.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#1158 Posted: 14:17:53 10/07/2012
Please stop talking about kids and grading and all that in this thread. I come here for Skylanders info. You can put that stuff in another topic and someone might read it.

Anyway, I found the bags at my local Target. I think I'll send them all in 1 envelope.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#1159 Posted: 14:59:42 10/07/2012
So, don't waste the time filling out extra envelopes, the extra checks, or the money on multiple stamps. Got it. Glad to hear someone confirmed it was okay to send all four together from the phone number, but why wouldn't they want you to send it that way? Less envelopes to open, and less checks to deal with.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
waspinator421 Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#1160 Posted: 16:24:19 10/07/2012
I just called them and they said to send each form in a separate envelope. Seems like we are getting conflicting info from the operators.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#1161 Posted: 16:25:37 10/07/2012
Do you guys think there will be another promo by frito lay and skylanders?
#1162 Posted: 17:13:44 10/07/2012
POST #1137 - "Edit: the option 1 recording says "multiple requests can be mailed in one envelope" at the end."
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
#1163 Posted: 17:19:13 10/07/2012
Quote: Skylandscaper
POST #1137 - "Edit: the option 1 recording says "multiple requests can be mailed in one envelope" at the end."

I saw that post Skylandscaper just referenced and checked it out for myself. I called the phone line and verified that it is OK to mail multiples in one envelope.

BUT, I'd suggest you still include 4 checks, 4 proofs of purchase, and 4 entry forms. "Multiple requests" does not say anything about 1 check or anything. So I just saved myself a few stamps and envelopes.
---
#1164 Posted: 17:25:44 10/07/2012
Absolutely need 4 UPCs, and 4 entry forms. 4 checks? Not sure why it would make a difference. Seems paranoid, but the FSS promotion didn't help matters.
---
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#1165 Posted: 17:57:58 10/07/2012
Picked up 4 bags of Flavor Mix (they had a 5th, but A. Let's not get greedy, and B. $7 a bag? Gets a bit expensive...)
All found at Harris Teeter in North Carolina.
Crap-ton of chips to eat...good thing we have a film starting soon.
Frito Lays on the craft services table!
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1166 Posted: 18:02:26 10/07/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Enjoyment? My kids love to learn to so there is enjoyment in that. Do they love all aspects of all subjects? Not on your life. But, tough shale, that's part of life - I have to learn lots of things to get by that I don't want to learn. They know that they can't put less than 100% in just because they don't like it; the world doesn't work that way.

Do my kids study all hours of the day? No, I don't believe in that and quite often that is trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. My kids are also expected to get out and play and enjoy life, including stretching their artistic and creative sides. A good example is basketball - my kids will never be stars but I do expect that they try their hardest and not give up as their team is relying upon them. They are above average players but that is more their own tenacious drive to excel rather than innate ability.

Most of the civilised world does not actually use a "traditional" grading system anymore. The grades are based on more than that and are standardised across a national level. My kids have been consistently graded in the top 2% of the nation so if they drop significantly lower than that then there is something wrong - if that "something" was an external driver, then I am aware of it and will rectify if appropriate. My children know they either accept the rectification or they find another place to live.

And, yes, in the country I live in you need good grades to get in the course you want so they have meaning beyond what "does not fit the mo(u)ld".

Your blood is type B+? Then failure runs through your veins!
Portal Master? Why not Portal PhD?

Could you please stay on topic? The thread's not called "Fight with a kid about your kid's life" It's about the Frito Lay Skylanders Promo.
---
words. letters. filler.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1167 Posted: 18:57:39 10/07/2012
...so you quote his entire post, taking up more of the thread, then make a reply that is also entirely off topic?

That's almost as funny as the fact that every one of Chaosworrier's posts says that he doesn't post about his collection constantly. smilie
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#1168 Posted: 20:03:47 10/07/2012
Went to Walmart yesterday and say a whole shelf full of the purple sidekicks bags. Though I didn't grab any (Wish I would've now) but I'm on my way out the door to head to Target so I'll see if they have some there.

I've already gotten two bags a week and half ago and I am sorta tired of dinning on chips to be honest smilie My parents have been blessed with the ones my family and I refuse to eat (Cheetos and fritos namely). So they've been helping, which is good...leaves me less to cram down my own throat.

I plan to send my forms in, in a few days time.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#1169 Posted: 20:30:33 10/07/2012
I spoke to a rep at the Sidekicks phone number specifically about the checks. He said they want 4 checks for processing, but everything can be sent in one envelope. Now I am concerned about my order. Hopefully, the people in Young America can figure out what to do with such a difficult scenario that could in no way have been foreseen.
---
#1170 Posted: 20:54:59 10/07/2012
Quote: UncleBob
That's almost as funny as the fact that every one of Chaosworrier's posts says that he doesn't post about his collection constantly. smilie

Well, it is true as I rarely mention my collection, normally just SL in general.

Me going a tad OT now and then only serves to prove that point.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#1171 Posted: 22:23:08 10/07/2012
Found both kinds of Sidekicks bags in Olney, Maryland at a Safeway. Picked up four bags. Hopefully I get all four figures. This is just an added bonus for visiting my grandparents! smilie
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#1172 Posted: 22:37:37 10/07/2012
well okay, so people have heard other people say that they heard someone confirm that you can send all 4 in one envelope. someone else directly called in and they said you have to use separate envelopes. keep in mind that-knowing activision- the employees don't always know what they are talking about.

~~~
Jet moto 4, i could really care less about the fake stuff you try to trick people into thinking you will get. its actually quite normal to have an 8 year old be smart. you don't have to correct me on my capitalization, i didnt point out that 'moto' doesnt exactly make sense. this is internet, as long as your words are legible, correctly spelled, and have good grammar, then you can stop trying to sound smart. i was trying to tell you that sending them all in one envelope wasnt a good idea because you might not get everything. i wasn't trying to call you stupid. calm your balls and dont get your knickers in a twist. really, talking about fake products dont get you the upper hand in an argument.
~~~
week 8+ still not one random skylander has been received, but i have gotten 3 flocked stump smashes.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
lucidity0001 Blue Sparx Gems: 885
#1173 Posted: 23:27:53 10/07/2012
Sending in my four envelopes tomorrow!!
---
~yeah for the time being, at least~
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#1174 Posted: 00:04:06 11/07/2012
Quote: Skylandscaper
So, don't waste the time filling out extra envelopes, the extra checks, or the money on multiple stamps. Got it. Glad to hear someone confirmed it was okay to send all four together from the phone number, but why wouldn't they want you to send it that way? Less envelopes to open, and less checks to deal with.

The operator I spoke with says send separate everything. The recording says its OK in one envelope, however it doesn't say anything about combining it in one check/money order. I didn't ask that and it's not confirmed!
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
digitap Green Sparx Gems: 173
#1175 Posted: 01:06:40 11/07/2012
Received my first FSS today!
Mudlovinjeepgrl Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#1176 Posted: 01:11:43 11/07/2012
Has anyone in Northern IL or Southeast OH found any bags? If so what store I have looked all over and nothing. Also what exp dates do the bags have? Thanks
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:45 11/07/2012 by Mudlovinjeepgrl
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#1177 Posted: 03:16:41 11/07/2012
Quote: Mudlovinjeepgrl
Has anyone in Northern IL or Southeast OH found any bags? If so what store I have looked all over and nothing. Also what exp dates do the bags have? Thanks

I'm in the Algonquin IL area, and have had NO luck! I've looked at Target, Walmart, Jewel, Meijer, and Caputos so far, visiting about once a week.
The newest expiration dates I've seen was August 28th. Earlier in the thread, someone said their promo bag had the same date, so it doesn't sound like it matters.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#1178 Posted: 03:57:30 11/07/2012
Well, it is true as I rarely mention my collection, normally just SL in general.

You don't post about it, you just have it in your signature on EVERY SINGLE POST. So, you get the advantage of constantly bragging about it without having to do the work of typing it out each and every time.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#1179 Posted: 04:12:14 11/07/2012
Went to Target Found 1 Blue sidekicks bag and 3 purple, grabbed one purple as I still have chips from the first two I bought to eat lol
Oh and it was the Target on Panama city Beach FL that I found them if that helps anyone at all.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:13:03 11/07/2012 by Dunkin
#1180 Posted: 04:45:09 11/07/2012
Quote: UncleBob

You don't post about it, you just have it in your signature on EVERY SINGLE POST. So, you get the advantage of constantly bragging about it without having to do the work of typing it out each and every time.

I have management level laziness, err..., efficiency. Truth be told, I would have changed my sig by now if I had remembered and/or had time.
---
Soylent Green is People!
MrsAlvarado26 Green Sparx Gems: 147
#1181 Posted: 06:28:08 11/07/2012
So far bought one bag & mailed in the check... Now have to wait the 8-10.Weeks... I want to buy more i want trigger snappy
#1182 Posted: 13:29:10 11/07/2012
As stated above, the automated message said it was ok to combine requests into one envelope. I wonder why the live operators would say differently?

My bags have a date of Aug 28th too.

I found these in Mansfield OH, and Bluffton, SC at Target stores.
---
#1183 Posted: 15:09:57 11/07/2012
Mine said August 28th also. And I sent in four different envelopes. Not screwing around on this one.
---
#1184 Posted: 16:25:27 11/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: lucidity0001
Mine said August 28th also. And I sent in four different envelopes. Not screwing around on this one.

I second that!! Told you guys through the first promo, we all got different answers. You just gotta do what feels right. I sent mine yesterday, separate envelopes, separate checks.
---
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#1185 Posted: 18:00:20 11/07/2012
do we have to send in a check?
i'd just as soon stuff two bucks in the envelope
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#1186 Posted: 18:31:11 11/07/2012
There are two reasons why I would not send cash

1) Direction on card specifically mentions check or money order

2)Underpaid Employee sifing through envelopes: "Heh look this person forgot to include a check" (stuffs cash in pocket discards envelope and sidekick request)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:31:44 11/07/2012 by ItsJustMe
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#1187 Posted: 18:31:56 11/07/2012
Quote: Osbor

You're safer with a cheque... you don't know who might open these, they're probably not well paid and not above pinching the money at least with a cheque. Personally I hate cheques... my bank doesn't even provide cheque books anymore because it's a dying payment method but sending cash in the mail is risky at the best of times.

Oh and before someone tries to correct my spelling: Cheque is English for Check.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#1188 Posted: 18:53:08 11/07/2012 | Topic Creator

It is against postal regulation to mail cash...EVER.
---
#1189 Posted: 19:43:38 11/07/2012

It is against postal regulation to mail cash...EVER.

While I wouldn't suggest mailing cash, there is absolutly no such postal regulation that prohibits mailing it.
#1190 Posted: 20:06:23 11/07/2012
http://www.snopes.com/legal/postal/sendcash.asp
---
Soylent Green is People!
#1191 Posted: 21:54:54 11/07/2012
Small piece of general advice to whoever who will listen: write down who you spoke to and when.

That way if something goes wrong, you can be specific about the conversation when trying to resolve it.

Personally, I record conversations now as proof.

Also, I would take the written instructions as "gospel" over some lowly paid, most likely uninformed phone jocky. I would be tempted to even print that part of the instructions out and highlight the pertinent clause.

Hope this helps...
---
Soylent Green is People!
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#1192 Posted: 22:11:57 11/07/2012
Small piece of general advice to whoever who will listen: write down who you spoke to and when.

That way if something goes wrong, you can be specific about the conversation when trying to resolve it.

Personally, I record conversations now as proof.

Also, I would take the written instructions as "gospel" over some lowly paid, most likely uninformed phone jocky. I would be tempted to even print that part of the instructions out and highlight the pertinent clause.

Hope this helps...

In that case, you'll also want to make photocopies of what you're mailing and also have delivery or signature confirmation for the proofs your mailing. ...and also, if you're going to record someone, you need to let them know before the conversation or it won't hold up.

...or you could just send separate checks/money orders in separate envelopes with separate stamps like everyone else is doing.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#1193 Posted: 00:37:49 12/07/2012
What's a proof of purchase? My mom is filling out our two cards. What else does she need to mail?
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1194 Posted: 01:17:26 12/07/2012
Just mailed out my 4 cards & codes to Frito-Lay yesterday, and found out that another Flocked Stump Smash is being sent to my grandparents!

Also, the Target, Walmart, and Shoprite ALL have a billion Sidekicks bags, though only Walmart has the Flavor Mix..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1195 Posted: 01:19:21 12/07/2012
Quote: Dmcrocks
What's a proof of purchase? My mom is filling out our two cards. What else does she need to mail?

The bar code on the back of the big bag "upc"

I just sent mine in and I sent:
The completed card
Money Order (or if you using a check) for 2 dollars filled out
And the UPC off the bag

Its all printed on the order card from the bag of everything you need to sendsmilie
---
#1196 Posted: 03:09:27 12/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: dark52
That's the same powerpoint as we saw back in April. Here's an extracted full size view of the sidekicks bags:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

It says "with every purchase" so it's probably not going to be a competition.

Why haven't we located this design of bags??? Is it a different version of the promo?? Or is it an original design that was changed?? Any ideas??
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1197 Posted: 03:38:04 12/07/2012
Quote: dark52
That's the same powerpoint as we saw back in April. Here's an extracted full size view of the sidekicks bags:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

It says "with every purchase" so it's probably not going to be a competition.

Why haven't we located this design of bags??? Is it a different version of the promo?? Or is it an original design that was changed?? Any ideas??

Prototype bags.
#1198 Posted: 03:48:40 12/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Sorry, it's been a while since we've had an updated tally...please forgive me if I missed any, I had sift through over 400 posts to get caught up!!

Prize totals so far...
Boomer x 136
Wrecking Ball x 137
Total Randoms = 273
Flocked Stumpy x 162

Prize arrivals from the old thread:
Boomer x1 ... Post #698
Wrecking Ball x3 ... Posts #704, #815

Prize arrivals posted here:
Boomer x 135 ... Posts #36, #43, #40, #44, #72, #78, #84, #85, #88, #91, #116, #131, #135, #139, #140, #169, #175, #176, #181, #184(#395), #235, #237, #265, #270, #271, #273, #480, #493, #494, #497, #508, #509, #514, #526, #531, #535, #537, #560, #562, #569, #571, #575, #577, #578, #579, #584, #685, #688, #695, #704, #705, #707, #709, #712, #713, #714, #719, #729, #733, #735, #736, #738, #739, #740, #743, #745, #750, #752, #782, #799, #800, #806, #821, #823, #829, #832, #952

Wrecking Ball x 134 ... Posts #31, #32, #42, #51, #78, #87, #88, #101, #111, #117, #129, #131, #138, #166, #168, #178, #234, #235, #270, #273, #281, #286, #355, #371, #455, #464, #468, #476, #480, #481, #486, #497, #508, #512, #532, #535, #536, #537, #538, #555, #557, #561, #562, #563, #575, #577, #580, #584, #685, #688, #689, #691, #693, #695, #705, #706, #707, #709, #712, #713, #714, #715, #716, #719, #733, #735, #738, #739, #741, #749, #750, #752, #753, #800, #821, #823, #829, #832, #952, #970

Flocked Stumpy x 162... Posts #141, #148, #153, #168, #173, #175, #176, #178, #230, #237, #251, #253, #272, #280, #285, #288, #297, #322, #371, #377, #422, #426, #427, #428, #429, #433, #434, #437, #444, #451, #452, #458, #459, #462, #463, #464, #465, #466, #467, #469, #470, #471, #478, #482, #485, #486, #487, #488, #496, #498, #503, #508, #511, #513, #519, #522, #524, #529, #534, #537, #539, #543, #558, #563, #565, #566, #572, #580, #587, #589, #593, #624, #875, #876, #880, #882, #883, #884, #886, #904, #905, #914, #915, #917, #919, #921, #927, #932, #944, #949, #950, #955, #956, #957, #959, #962, #963, #964, #966, #968, #991, #1010, #1030, #1033, #1034, #1035, #1040, #1043, #1047, #1048, #1067, #1078, #1084, #1101, #1175
---
#1199 Posted: 04:33:20 12/07/2012
I received mine like a week ago I think i neglected to post it
---
First | Previous | Page 24 of 35 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 33 34 35

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me