Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 22 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#1051 Posted: 05:32:48 08/05/2019
Kasidra nodded. She fully intended on training more. Maybe she could fair better against him in the future, and be even more prepared to fend for herself without her usual tactics. There was still a chance to show Latnok what all she could really do as well. Kasidra tilted her head downward slightly at the mention of her tail. "It's... It's fine," she said, quietly. "It was just sparring, after all. I mean, an enemy would realistically do something like that, so I do need to be prepared for it." The reasoning helped her to get over it, but Kasidra still didn't appreciate her tail being grabbed. "Thank you, though," she added. At least he did apologize and promise to be more careful in the future.

The tiefling turned her head, noticing another person come onto the deck, now that the sparring was over. She noticed the two men she saw talking yesterday were here, but the one that caught her eye was the mermaid who had arrived. Kasidra watched Ilasi for a moment, wondering how she was doing now. She still wanted to introduce herself and get to know her fellow healer, but wasn't sure if now was a good time either. It hadn't been too long since that tense conversation yesterday, if one could even refer to that as a conversation. So Kasidra didn't know if now would be a good time to approach Ilasi. It was hard to tell how she was doing, since they were strangers to each other.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8830
#1052 Posted: 05:33:26 08/05/2019
Raclaw and Chester watched the sparring match, which had effectively become a duel, intensively until the very end. "Well-- that was impressive to say the least.," Raclaw said walking up to the Tiefling and revealing his ability to talk in the process. Chester gave off an excited series of barks that would translate to both Latnok and Raclaw as "Agreed-- that was amazing!", while only being heard as dog noises to anyone who didn't understand the canine tongue. Chester eyed the food cart going around manned by the lovable Maverick, but didn't immediately say anything else. Risar offered a nod of approval.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1053 Posted: 05:47:15 08/05/2019
Kasidra was distracted from her thoughts by the two furry creatures that had approached, one she immediately recognized as a dog. She blinked when the larger of the two actually spoke. Oh, so this one speaks, too? Not only did these people have a lot of pets, but two of them could talk? What else could these animals do? Shaking off her initial reaction, Kasidra addressed the pair. "Oh, well, thank you," she replied to the larger, winged one. The tiefling tilted her head slightly at him. What was he exactly? He looked vaguely like a dragon, she supposed, yet didn't at the same time. It was odd. Was he some kind of hybrid creature? Kasidra was brought out of her thoughts once again by a series of barks. She glanced down at the Beagle. "Aww, what's the matter, little one? You want some attention? Food? I'd bet it's the food," she concluded, seeing him glance at the food cart.
---
#1054 Posted: 06:22:21 08/05/2019
Raclaw offered a nod as Kasidra quickly turned her attention to Chester-- the adorable barks inevitably attracting an adorable response. Chester took just a moment to realise that he was talking to someone who couldn't understand his barking, unlike the beloved Raclaw and Latnok. "I could eat.," Chester admitted; the response coming out as a slight whine. "Don't worry-- we're get you something to eat soon. Oh-- I am Raclaw by the way. And my little friend here is Chester.," the larger Raclaw then said in common appearing as if he had simply read the dog's obvious intent and introducing himself.
---
#1055 Posted: 06:33:50 08/05/2019
"Aww, I'd give you a snack, if I could, but I don't have any food on me. You'll have to talk to someone else about that," Kasidra said to the Beagle. She turned her gaze back to the larger creature. "I'm Kasidra, if you didn't know already. It's nice to meet you both," she smiled. "There sure do seem to be a lot of creatures on board, though, from what I've noticed. How many are there exactly?"
---
#1056 Posted: 07:12:51 08/05/2019
"It's alright.," Chester barked in a mostly neutral tone. "Same-- It's nice to meet you, Kasidra. How many creatures? Let me think...," Raclaw began to respond, offering a brief smile as thought of the exact number. "Including myself-- we have one wyvern, one dragolet, one dwarf kaiju, one dirt buffalo, one Beagle, and.. well one fur dragon. That's six and I would be the fur dragon.," he then said clarifying both the number and the question that would inevitably follow had he not clarified his own species. It was a question that had come up time and time again, without fail.
---
#1057 Posted: 07:36:00 08/05/2019
Kasidra blinked upon hearing the list of creatures. She had already seen the buffalo, and the Beagle was obvious to figure out. There was a wyvern, too? She hadn't seen that one yet. She wasn't sure what a kaiju or dragolet were. Which one was Shade? Wasn't he just a dragon? At least Raclaw was nice enough to explain what he was. Although, she figured she could have guessed which one he was, based on the fur. Unless one of the other unknown ones had fur? Kasidra wasn't sure. Still, it sounded like an interesting group of creatures. "Wow, what an interesting group. I was wondering what you were. So you're a fur dragon then? I've never heard of them. Are they rare?"
---
#1058 Posted: 08:18:21 08/05/2019
Raclaw briefly looked in response, before answering Kasidra's question. "We are very rare, I'm afraid. I-- I have yet to see another of my own kind, but we are hoping to change that soon.," he then said looking up at Kasidra again and sounding somewhat disappointed. Aside from Shade-- almost everyone aboard had the reassurance that they weren't alone in the universe. Veris had other wyverns, Dahlia had other dirt buffaloes, and Chester had oh so many fellow canines out there ready to make new friends. Raclaw had a lead sure, but there was no actual guarantee that he would actually find his parents.
---
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1059 Posted: 11:48:56 08/05/2019
"...I'll try to remember that, I guess..." Leoquin answered insincerely to Maverick. Though that would be applicable for other things, he was conditioned to addressing people directly if they were causing him grief. Of course, such a rule completely fell apart when the person in question had no such intent.
"But anyway, thanks. Your cooking smells nice, as always," he complimented, as he took a dish.

Sere didn't have time to take Veris on another flight just yet. First he had his announcement of the day's plan to make. He stepped out onto the deck, looking for his assembly bell.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1060 Posted: 15:29:47 08/05/2019
With Maverick being raised by pirates, he could tell when someone was being dishonest. He said nothing however, and let Leoquin take his meal without any further conversation. He had to remain there for a while since sailors started to gather to take platters, prompting him to get on the move again in order to have enough variety for the newcomer. He moved the cart once again, meaning to head to Kasidra when he saw her talking with his favorite fluffy pair.
"Hey mis amigos peludos. How are you this morning? Breakfast as usual." he said before moving his eyes towards the newcomer.
"Hola. Meant to introduce myself yesterday but was a bit busy. My apologies. So hello. My name's Maverick. I'm a navigator and occasional cook on the Enduring Legacy." Maverick introduced himself at last, extending his hairy arm and welcoming Kasidra to any meal she'd like.

Angora continued watching Maverick and Leoquin talk, but lose interest when his cart got surrounded by sailors. She finished her meal shortly before Maverick headed to the talking trio. She spotted Ilasi walking by, away from Maverick, and decided to follow.
"Hey, hey? Where are you going? Maverick is that way." the little troll said, not sounding angry or rude, but not precisely greeting her either. She wondered if Ilasi had a fight with her boyfriend to want to avoid him like that, even while bringing some delicious meals...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1061 Posted: 17:10:42 08/05/2019
Kasidra frowned slightly at Raclaw's words, but her expression changed back to a more neutral one before speaking. "Well, as long as I'm contracted to your captain here, I'll try to help you find them." While she had no idea if they were even in the area, or if she would be particularly helpful in that regard, she was fully intended on helping for as long as she was supposed to be their ally.

The tiefling was distracted, when someone else approached, the same man she had already seen, now with a food cart. Considering he was passing around food, Kasidra could have guessed that he was the cook before he confirmed it. "Oh, hello there," she greeted. "Uh, yeah, everyone seemed a bit... Busy yesterday. It's fine, though, I understand." She felt she shouldn't bring up that tense conversation yesterday. Kasidra figured it was probably something she shouldn't have heard, at least not as a first impression. "It's nice to meet you, though. I'm Kasidra." She took his hand and shook it, taking note that his arm seemed hairier than most. Afterwards, she simply took a variety plate from the food cart.
---
#1062 Posted: 17:28:36 08/05/2019
Latnok chose not to interrupt as Raclaw had his conversation with Kasidra - the whole process of Raclaw having to introduce himself was becoming noticeably repetitive. Latnok could hardly imagine a lifetime of having to deal with that.
Latnok gladly took food Maverick had prepared - a plate of beef. "Maverick - excellent man to have around, experienced in seamanship, and a good cook as well," Latnok said. "His cooking is almost as good as mine." Latnok's cooking was less conventional, incorporating magic for more precision with heat when cooking, which allowed him to cook food much more evenly and precisely than normal. Latnok, however, never bothered with decorating the plate, being more concerned about the food tasting good.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1063 Posted: 17:43:03 08/05/2019
Maverick looked at Latnok with a raised eyebrow, never having heard him complimented him this much, even though he still claimed his cooking was better, but of course, Maverick had no magic to aid him.
"Well I do what I can." he said modestly, still getting used to the praise. He wasn't a fan of the sea life or even cooking, but they were still some of his most useful skills.
"Kasidra you said? Nice name. Easy to pronounce, yet very elegant sounding." he then complimented chivalrously, very open to the idea of a new crewmember. Maverick was already making a good impression, but he hoped Angora and Shade could too. They could all use some new friends.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:49:49 08/05/2019 by Felines
#1064 Posted: 17:54:10 08/05/2019
Raclaw gave a smile at the mention of Latnok's cooking as he grabbed a serving of beef for both himself and for Chester-- the usual bowls being offered for the two furry companions. He didn't mind ether Maverick's or Latnok's cooking, although he was much more accustomed to the later at this point. Risar would soon join the small crowd as he went to grab a plate of beef for himself, offering a nod to the newcomer.
---
#1065 Posted: 18:05:42 08/05/2019
Ilasi looked at Angora, maintaining the same saddened expression. "I know that..." she said forlornly. "I have to do my job right now. You should give Shade company." Ilasi didn't want to elaborate further on what happened, turning back to the water barrels to start the purification process.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1066 Posted: 18:11:17 08/05/2019
As Kasidra sampled the plate of food she had received, she nodded. "He sure is. This is the best food I've had in a long time," she said with a smile. Kasidra nearly scoffed at the compliment on her name. "Oh, it isn't that elegant, but thank you, though."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:30 08/05/2019 by Cynder09
#1067 Posted: 18:26:14 08/05/2019
Latnok gave Maverick a small smile. "Already trying to charm her? How would poor Ilasi feel about that sort of thing?" he asked jokingly. As he did, he picked up a piece of beef and began to chew it, savoring the taste. Maverick did well, even if he didn't have magic.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1068 Posted: 18:29:54 08/05/2019
Raclaw placed his and Chester's bowl down nearby, allowing the lovable Beagle companion to eat. "Be careful Mav.," he added with a small smile.
---
#1069 Posted: 18:41:20 08/05/2019
Quote: A Guy
Latnok gave Maverick a small smile. "Already trying to charm her? How would poor Ilasi feel about that sort of thing?" he asked jokingly. As he did, he picked up a piece of beef and began to chew it, savoring the taste. Maverick did well, even if he didn't have magic.

Maverick frowned, being reminded of the time Ilasi's friend went too close to him and caused quite the tension.
"Oh come on. I'm just being polite." he complained, finding annoying how his good manners with women were mistaken with flirting.

Ilasi looked at Angora, maintaining the same saddened expression. "I know that..." she said forlornly. "I have to do my job right now. You should give Shade company." Ilasi didn't want to elaborate further on what happened, turning back to the water barrels to start the purification process.

Angora scoffed, not knowing if Ilasi was too distracted or if she has forgotten about her prohibition.
"I'm forbidden from interacting with him, remember?" Angora reminded indifferently, though that wasn't what she wanted to talk about.
"We'll never mind. Maverick is distributing breakfast, and I'm pretty sure he has yours already." Angora informed, leaving Ilasi. No matter how much she tried to have a decent relationship with Ilasi, the mermaid always seemed ready to rebuff her. So before waiting for her to be cold, Angora decided to just leave and avoid ruining her morning. She hasn't seen Sere anywhere in deck, so she figured he was at his office, busy as usual. Veris probably didn't have any breakfast yet, so she decided to be his caretaker for as long as it was needed. It would give her something todo, not to mention it would mean she would interact with someone that was barely busy and was one of the few that liked her.

She passed further from the chatting group, covering her face so that Kasidra wouldn't see her. Latnok spoke to her first, and Angora believed he already stained her image to the newcomer and ruined her chances of a proper introduction, so she wasn't going to bother with a meeting. She already had her morning planned, so she headed to Sere's office to ask for permission once again...
---
#1070 Posted: 18:49:22 08/05/2019
Kasidra blinked and glanced back and forth between Latnok and Maverick, unsure of what exactly they were talking about, but she could wager a guess. Either way, she figured it was none of her business, so she stayed out of it. Kasidra didn't want to make any bad impressions right off the bat, and she had still hadn't even gotten a chance to talk to the mermaid yet. The last thing Kasidra wanted was to possibly upset someone she may very well be working closely with.
---
#1071 Posted: 19:21:35 08/05/2019
While the group was busy talking, Angora headed to Sere's office and knocked on his door. The morning had started relatively well, but she was afraid it would get ruined with this visit. Sere let her take care of Veris yesterday, but that may as well be a one time thing. Still, she wanted to try. Not only would she spend a while with a creature that liked her. It would also give her the time to practice her magic and find out if she could have the ability to talk to animals without Raclaw's help...
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1072 Posted: 20:08:25 08/05/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade came up behind Latnok. “Latnok May I get a piece from Maverick?” He knew he wasn’t allowed to talk to Angora or Maverick but wanted to ask permission as to avoid some kind of punishment if he broke that rule.
---
SC
#1073 Posted: 20:31:56 08/05/2019
"Sure thing," Latnok said, as he handed Shade a plate of venison. The group was soon interrupted by Sere's ringing of the assembly bell. The crew began to gather around Sere, Latnok headed to his side as usual, presumably with Risar following in short order.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1074 Posted: 20:33:38 08/05/2019
Raclaw and Chester would quickly follow-- taking their place alongside Latnok. Risar would soon follow suit taking his place as well.
---
#1075 Posted: 20:35:48 08/05/2019
Kasidra heard the assembly bell and looked up, seeing everyone begin to gather around the captain. Figuring this was an important procedure that demanded everyone's presence, she followed suit and stood among the crew. She wondered what the captain gathered them for exactly.
---
#1076 Posted: 20:50:45 08/05/2019
Angora knew Sere wasn't in his office when she heard his usual bell. She headed to the main deck and close to him, so that she could make her request as soon as he was done with the announcement. Maverick also got ready, very happy that Latnok was treating Shade family decently for once. He tried to spot Ilasi, but couldn't see her anywhere. How he wished he could be more helpful to her.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8770
#1077 Posted: 21:24:12 08/05/2019 | Topic Creator
“Thank you.” He then took the plate. He looked at Maverick and gave a smile and a nod before he went back to his usual place on the ship.
---
SC
#1078 Posted: 21:42:34 08/05/2019
Ilasi and Leoquin assembled with the rest of the crew. Ilasi didn't immediately look for Maverick, instead being content to linger at the back of the congregation. Sere waited for most of the crew to be present before continuing.
"Good morning, men," Sere called out with a loud, clear voice. "None of you have managed to get yourselves into trouble in the town yet, so good on you for that. You will have shore leave today as well. A skeleton crew will remain to complete the remaining repairs - those who were on the roster that was shared last night, get with Risar for more details. Risar will lead the skeleton crew this morning, and I will relieve him as soon as I get back from my meeting with the Ishulgites. Latnok will accompany me on this meeting. The rest of you are on liberty - be back by sunup next morning. You are dismissed."
The crew began to disperse. Latnok stood by Sere, ready to leave on his command.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1079 Posted: 21:53:18 08/05/2019
Angora didn't know if she would be stuck with the skeleton crew given she was out yesterday, or if she would be saved from the duty. Whatever the case, she was going to go to Sere directly. He waited for him to be done with his announcement before going to him directly.
"Excuse me Sere. Captain. Can I take care of Beris today too?" she asked meekly and politely, this time gathering the courage to look at him in the eyes and not minding that Latnok was there as well. Shade was out of the question, and Maverick had Ilasi, so Beris was all she got on the ship. She could try to introduce herself to the newcomer if Latnok hadn't said anything about her. Perhaps she could finally meet someone new and for once, not mess things up. But that would have to wait for later. For now, she wanted to take care of the practically neglected Veris.

Maverick continued distributing the cart, the platters now emptying faster now that everyone had been gathered. While he did the meals gladly, he wasn't in the mood to do the dishes, so he was going to let that duty for someone else.
---
#1080 Posted: 21:57:26 08/05/2019
Sere recalled how well and pleased Veris looked after Angora's caretaking the previous day; like any experienced penhand. Perhaps this wouldn't be a bad arrangement after all.
"You may," he answered. "Obey the same rules as last time. Don't fall off or do anything stupid." With that matter settled, he turned to Latnok. "Are you ready?"
"Of course I am," Latnok said, as he prepared to leave with Sere.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1081 Posted: 22:16:02 08/05/2019
Angora nodded respectfully, before heading to the kitchen first to get some breakfast for Veris. She didn't know if Sere fed him already, but regardless on whether he did or not, she knew Veris wouldn't reject a meal. As she got to the food storage near the kitchen and getting him a pair of whole turkeys, she still couldn't believe Sere let her do this again. Of course, thinking about it better, she knew he did for the sake of his wyvern, not for her. Still, it was a win-win for everyone. Sere would be free of that duty while she got to spend some time with Veris, whom she knew was a mutual company enjoyment. Once Sere recognized how well she did with Veris, and how well she was behaving herself lately, perhaps he will finally be reasonable enough to let her interact with Shade again, eventually. What's better, if Kasidra could see how well she handled Veris and how much the wyvern liked her, then she would make a very good impression. All the thoughts filled her with hope and joy.

Once in front of Veris' enclosure, she opened the door and lock with her feet to avoid putting the turkeys on the floor.
"Hello hello. Good morning you beautiful beast. Guess who gets to take care of you again?" Angora greeted in a singsongy voice, seeing the scaled mount already making her morning. She really loved this wyvern.
---
#1082 Posted: 22:36:21 08/05/2019
Ah, so the announcement was just about the plan for today, which seemed to be a free day on the island. While Kasidra was somewhat disappointed about not being able to leave yet, she didn't mind having a free day to just do whatever. She knew there were still other crew members she hadn't been introduced to yet. Speaking of which, where was that mermaid? Kasidra was determined to meet her eventually. Maybe now was a good time? She would have to find out. Thankfully, the assembly had brought the mermaid right here. Kasidra spotted Ilasi lingering in the back. She decided to approach her now. "Hello there," she greeted the mermaid. "You're Ilasi, right? I've been looking for a good time to talk to you."
---
#1083 Posted: 22:39:29 08/05/2019
Risar gave a minotaur nod and grunt, before proceeding to manage the morning crew. "Good luck.," Raclaw said as Latnok and Sere prepared to leave.
---
#1084 Posted: 22:54:24 08/05/2019
Ilasi wasn't expecting the newcomer to actually be trying to find her. "Oh, hello," she said, hiding her downed mood. "Yes, I'm Ilasi. What would your name be?" Why did this person want to talk with her? Who could've referred them to her? Was this person injured, or did they know someone who was injured?

Sere and Latnok set off, heading down the gangplank, as some of the crew began leaving the ship as well. Other members were either seeing to their duties or preparing to leave themselves, if they weren't just planning to laze about.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1085 Posted: 23:04:49 08/05/2019
Maverick continued distributing the last of the platters when he finally noticed his girlfriend. She was talking to the newcomer. Making friends already? He hoped that's just what she needed to feel better. He still couldn't completely forgive Leoquin for the way he treated Ilasi, but he was willing to continue treating him politely, especially since he apologized. After he was done with the meals, Maverick wanted to spend some quality time with Angora and even Shade, if Sere allowed it. He had many plans, and today was a good day to put most of them in motion.
---
#1086 Posted: 23:08:24 08/05/2019
"I'm Kasidra. The captain said you were the one to talk to, if I wanted to get more involved with healing. I was hoping we could talk about that at some point," she explained. Kasidra paused a moment. "Although, if you're too busy now or something, it can wait."
---
#1087 Posted: 23:34:05 08/05/2019
"Oh, I'm not too busy to talk about my job," Ilasi assured Kasidra. "Yes, I suppose I work as the main doctor and nurse around here. My work is supplemented by my medicine - I use a combination of my botanical and medicinal knowledge and some enchantments to make them. What exactly are you looking to know about it?" Ilasi wondered if Kasidra already knew about medicine, or was trying to learn.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1088 Posted: 23:40:16 08/05/2019
Kasidra nodded as she listened. "I see. I know a little about medicine myself, but when I heal, I mostly rely on my magic to do the job. Although, I do know a lot about poisons and antidotes." She paused, but figured she should talk about her magic. "I use blood magic, by the way. Tending to the body's bloodstream and removing poisons tend to be my specialties in healing."
---
#1089 Posted: 00:00:07 09/05/2019
Veris' face lit up upon seeing Angora, as he picked himself up and gave her the usual grin. He was even more excited than usual, greatly pleased that Angora having a day with him wasn't just a one-time occurrence. Seeing the turkeys, he began to drool as he lowered his head, waiting for them to be offered.

"Blood magic... I can't say I'm too familiar with it," Ilasi admitted. "Just some tales and hearsay, that's all. But keeping peoples' blood in them and flowing right is certainly useful in that regard. It would make my job easier if I could do something like that... of course, there's more to treating people than just blood flow. I'm sure we can treat people much more quickly than I could alone if we worked together." Fortunately, most of the sailors weren't dumb enough to get themselves majorly injured on a regular basis, but Ilasi always felt overworked after any time the ship had an engagement of some sort.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1090 Posted: 00:09:14 09/05/2019
"That's probably for the best, honestly. Depending on its use, blood magic can be helpful, or it can be very painful, to say the least." Kasidra didn't want to go into detail about what all she could do with her magic, in case it might make the mermaid uncomfortable or scare her off. Kasidra nodded at her words. "Of course. There's only so much I can do on my own. I can heal, but it isn't my specialty. I just know how to use my magic in multiple ways, which led to looking into healing more." Kasidra smiled, "but, yeah, I can help you out as much as I can. I'm sure with my magic and your medicinal knowledge that we can make a good team."
---
#1091 Posted: 00:14:57 09/05/2019
The cart was empty now, and it was all a matter of waiting for the sailors to be done with their plate and returning them to the cart to be taken away. Maverick didn't know if everyone got to eat, but he wasn't going to make any more meals for today, or at least for a while. He could see his girl talking to the newcomer, and he was glad. He wondered how she managed without him when he went missing, or above all, Dow did Angkra and Shade managed. It pained him to think he caused much suffering in those times, so somehow, he was willing to make up for those he unintentionally hurt.

Veris' face lit up upon seeing Angora, as he picked himself up and gave her the usual grin. He was even more excited than usual, greatly pleased that Angora having a day with him wasn't just a one-time occurrence. Seeing the turkeys, he began to drool as he lowered his head, waiting for them to be offered.

Angora had believed Veris would scarf the turkeys down immediately after seeing them without waiting for her to approach, but it seems like he was simply waiting for her to give them herself, something that really surprised her. What was up with him? Has he finally learned patience? Or was this a trust exercise?
"You're not going to just take them out of my hands? You're behaving weird today Veris. Alright, you win. Go ahead. Open your mouth. I'll give them to you. Just remember to eat only the turkeys." Angora said in a joking matter to hide her nervousness. She wanted to trust Veris. What she didn't trust was his instincts and gluttony. But she was willing to take a risk if she ever wanted the wyvern to see how much she loved and appreciated him.
---
#1092 Posted: 00:29:13 09/05/2019
With the job talk out of the way, there was still the rest of the day to burn. There would be time to hang out with Maverick later; for now, she could get to know Kasidra a little better. Ilasi was feeling better already, with the thoughts of last night starting to evaporate.
"We'll see how it works out next time someone gets hurt," Ilasi said. "Or maybe if we find a wounded animal. But anyway - word is that you had a duel with Latnok. How did that feel?" Ilasi wasn't up when the duel was going on - though she figured Latnok would probably have won, she was nevertheless interested to hear about it from the other perspective. Ilasi wondered if Kasidra got to meet Maverick yet...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1093 Posted: 00:37:14 09/05/2019
Kasidra nodded, "right. Well, you're the veteran here, so I'll follow your lead on that." She grinned a bit when the duel was brought up. "Yeah, that was fun. Latnok sure is strong and skilled. There wasn't a lot I could do against him, especially with that armor, and without all my usual tricks being available to me. I had to be a lot more creative with how I approached the fight. Latnok was impressed, though. He said I fought well, despite my disadvantages. I'm looking forward to sparring with him again."
---
#1094 Posted: 01:52:57 09/05/2019
"You impressed Latnok? That's... quite good," Ilasi commented, rather surprised. "He generally treats us very well, but he can be quite strict and isn't afraid to put someone in line really quickly if they stray. Many say that he and people like him have lost their humanity... I don't quite know if it goes that far, but he and the captain sometimes seem like the work they do is all they live for. I'm not quite sure how to put it. Latnok was also teaching me some things about magic - and he tried to teach Angora as well. Even though I didn't catch on as quickly, he was much harsher on Angora because she didn't make it a secret that she hated the training. He doesn't bother teaching her anymore - I think he's given up on her. She certainly seems to go out of her way to avoid him..."

Veris did as he was commanded, opening his mouth wide as his drool formed a puddle on the floor. He was trying to be just a little more gentle this time - Angora was more fragile than his usual caretakers, or so it appeared. Angora certainly seemed to enjoy his company more than they did.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1095 Posted: 01:54:58 09/05/2019
Quote:
The cart was empty now, and it was all a matter of waiting for the sailors to be done with their plate and returning them to the cart to be taken away. Maverick didn't know if everyone got to eat, but he wasn't going to make any more meals for today, or at least for a while. He could see his girl talking to the newcomer, and he was glad. He wondered how she managed without him when he went missing, or above all, Dow did Angkra and Shade managed. It pained him to think he caused much suffering in those times, so somehow, he was willing to make up for those he unintentionally hurt.

It wouldn't be long until Risar returned his plate followed by the furry duo that was Raclaw and Chester. "Not bad. Not bad at all.," Raclaw said with a smile as he returned the stacked bowls to the cart. He looked outwards towards the gangplank and wondered what he/Chester could do until Latnok returned with Sere. A part of him knew that Chester had really wanted to experience the sensation of flight again, but that would require the 'double-loop' system that had been set up via the addition of his harness ring. And it also wasn't something he could secure himself-- he would have to ask for help from another crew member.

Chester looked up to him and, as if their thoughts has been in sync, was thinking about just that. "I know Latnok is gone, but...," Chester began to say looking up at him. "You really want to, don't you?," Raclaw asked with somewhat of a coy smile. "Please? I can experience the water now anytime, but the sky...," Chester barked knowing that Raclaw himself wouldn't mind stretching his wings. "I know, I know--," Raclaw began to say scanning the deck to see if Leoquin was busy. If anyone should have experience securing/loosening a harness system-- it would be another beast master. And having at least one other 'person' be able to do it would be a good idea...
---
#1096 Posted: 02:13:33 09/05/2019
Kasidra gave a light shrug. "Well, he seems nice to me. We've gotten along pretty well so far. I don't think we'll have any problems, so long as I just follow orders." The tiefling was used to much harsher people, often having worked with evil in the past. In comparison, everyone she had met so far here was much nicer. No one had been hostile with her or tried to pick a fight with her outside of sparring. She was quite liking the environment here so far.

The mention of a new name caught her interest, though. Kasidra blinked and tilted her head slightly. "Angora? Whose that? I haven't even heard anyone mention her yet." She was confused, but figured that this was simply a crew member who was less important to know than the others.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:15:27 09/05/2019 by Cynder09
#1097 Posted: 02:25:04 09/05/2019
By this time, Maverick had left the main deck to spend some time with Dahlia. He wanted to get permission from Sere to hang out with Shade, but it was too early in the morning and the captain was probably still waking up. He was going to leave the request for a bit more later in the day.

Veris did as he was commanded, opening his mouth wide as his drool formed a puddle on the floor. He was trying to be just a little more gentle this time - Angora was more fragile than his usual caretakers, or so it appeared. Angora certainly seemed to enjoy his company more than they did.

Angora wasn't completely certain about this, but there was no point in turning back now. Not only did she wanted to trust Veris. She wanted to understand him, and spending time with him will help her see if she could understand his language the way Raclaw could with him and his doggie companion. Angora headed to his mouth, about to toss the turkeys... when she slipped into his puddle of drool and landed right into his open jaws, turkeys and all! She was more startled than a chihuahua hearing thunder, and in less than a fraction of a second, she exited the humongous mount's maw, resembling a stray bullet.
"Whew. I'm so very sorry Veris. That was stupid of me!" Angora said with her heart beating as fast as a mouse, beyond embarrassed by such clumsiness. She knew Veris would never hurt her on purpose, but she knew how impulsive he was when it came to food. He could've accidentally chomped on her if she hadn't run away in time. If Veris had hurt her, she knew it would've been all her fault, but knowing this wyvern, it was likely he would've feel guilty, and she didn't want that for him.
---
#1098 Posted: 02:38:13 09/05/2019
"Oh, I'm sorry," Ilasi said, having assumed that Kasidra would've learned about Angora already. The troll was an unusual member of the crew. "Angora is a troll, a very small troll. A little taller than Latnok's dog. She has been more recluse as of late... she used to be quite a bit more aggressive, but disciplining by the captain and Latnok eventually broke her, I think. Maybe they went too far.
"But enough about her. The man who cooked the food served just now is named Maverick. He's my boyfriend." Ilasi didn't know if Kasidra had met Maverick yet, but wanted to make sure that that much was clear.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1099 Posted: 03:05:52 09/05/2019
With the new information, Kasidra's interest had been grabbed. "Oh, a troll! Why didn't anyone just mention that?" Her tone suggested she was at least comfortable with that, if not a bit happy almost.
"She does sound really small, though. No wonder I haven't seen her. I guess I'll have to see if I can find her later." Kasidra nodded as the mermaid described this reclusive crew member. "Yeah, most trolls are like that. They can be hostile." She paused with a blink. "Although, I'm a little surprised to hear one is on this ship. They disciplined her? Is she forced to be here?" Kasidra was curious, but thought that maybe she shouldn't delve too deep with her questions just yet. After all, she hadn't even met this troll.

Kasidra smiled when the topic changed to a different person. "Oh, yeah, Maverick. I met him earlier when he gave me breakfast. Excellent cook. Best food I've had in quite awhile. If he's the regular cook here, then I'll be looking forward to more meals." She was so distracted by the good food she had, that she almost missed Ilasi's other statement. "Oh, wait, he's your boyfriend? That's nice. He seems like a good guy."
---
#1100 Posted: 04:25:37 09/05/2019
Leoquin was on the deck, but currently not occupied. He was contemplating what else to do with his time. Perhaps go over to the town and ask the merman some more questions...

"Maverick is a very wonderful man," Ilasi corroborated. "You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who could hate him after knowing him for a while. Even Leoquin has..." Ilasi briefly stopped, reminded of the events of the previous night, before continuing. "Even Leoquin warmed up to him, and Leoquin hated him to start. Maverick usually cooks the food around here - but Latnok does it too, from time to time. I think I prefer Maverick's cooking, but I might be a little biased."

Veris was very startled, having wanted to instinctually bite and swallow the food as soon as it entered his mouth - he managed to show the slightest of restraint before doing so, offering Angora the opportunity to get out. Though he ate the turkeys quickly, Veris gave Angora a concerned look. "I don't want to eat you!" he attempted to communicate with her - which would sound like a series of hisses and grunts.
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 22 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me