Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 215 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 213 214 215 216 217 ... 518 519 520
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#10701 Posted: 23:52:59 13/04/2017
the skyro board is so ****ing tame compared to here lmao, no one knows proper grammar or spelling, everyone's entranced by skylanders and hates those who aren't, and a topic that gets mild annoyance by one or two people get's closed in 24 hours.

man i envy that place

it's always funny to me how you can be as positive as you want about something but say one negative thing and you're attacked, really shows how society functions and how bad it is
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:44 13/04/2017 by Lunarz
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#10702 Posted: 00:01:50 14/04/2017
That's because it's obvious bait and the mods know you two are S&N regulars. I straight up said it and they still went with arguing because it's a bunch of kids. It's tame nowadays because it used to be REALLY easily to make the board go out of control and get full of redundant threads and bickering.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#10703 Posted: 00:06:06 14/04/2017
Quote: Bifrost
That's because it's obvious bait and the mods know you two are S&N regulars. I straight up said it and they still went with arguing because it's a bunch of kids. It's tame nowadays because it used to be REALLY easily to make the board go out of control and get full of redundant threads and bickering.

wasn't actually bait.
id love to have a genuine discussion in that board about og spyro
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#10704 Posted: 00:13:11 14/04/2017
Quote: Lunarz

wasn't actually bait.

Could have had a bit less of a "lol screw skylanders" tone. Make it more respectable to the series, and it wouldn't have been closed.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#10705 Posted: 00:18:36 14/04/2017
Oh, yeah!
You gotta get schwifty.
You gotta get schwifty in here.
It's time to get schwifty.

Man I just found it but I really love Rick and Morty.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#10706 Posted: 00:19:48 14/04/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

wasn't actually bait.

Could have had a bit less of a "lol screw skylanders" tone. Make it more respectable to the series, and it wouldn't have been closed.

How can you respect a series that forces you to pay multiple hundreds of dollars if you want the full experience of all the content in the game that they release every god damn year?
#10707 Posted: 00:22:27 14/04/2017
Quote: Mesuxelf

wasn't actually bait.

How can you respect a series that forces you to pay multiple hundreds of dollars if you want the full experience of all the content in the game that they release every god damn year?

People still enjoy and love the games, and have deep care for it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#10708 Posted: 00:26:04 14/04/2017

Shhhh... Don't let him know that people like the thing he doesn't like! Different opinions on the Internet are scaaaary.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10709 Posted: 00:30:11 14/04/2017
wasn't actually bait.

I would also like too, as long as people are respectful. You seem to be, but I also feel tainted like you to bait kids.

Boo hoo the entire world is forced to play and pay for every game and figure what a horrible world
---
Bruh
#10710 Posted: 00:44:16 14/04/2017

But you have to understand that the devs don't give two ****s about the game and their fans, and that skylanders is such a good marketing strategy that Activision has kept pumping new games and figures out every year to make millions upon millions of dollars from people who still think theres "love" and "passion" put into the game and keep emptying out their wallets to them.

Quote: Crash10

Boo hoo the entire world is forced to play and pay for every game and figure what a horrible world

That's not true. To get the full experience, you need to pay hundreds of dollars. It's not necessary to pay hundreds of dollars to beat or enjoy the game, but if you want the full experience, you have to pay hundreds of dollars. There's no getting around that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:48:38 14/04/2017 by Mesuxelf
#10711 Posted: 00:47:53 14/04/2017

But you have to understand that the devs don't give two ****s about the game and their fans, and that skylanders is such a good marketing strategy that Activision has kept pumping new games and figures out every year to make millions upon millions of dollars from people who still think theres "love" and "passion" put into the game and keep emptying out their wallets to them.

I can say that about any TV Show, Movie Franchise or Game Series that you like, too. Literally no one cares. Let us enjoy dumb kids games with toy lines attached.
#10712 Posted: 00:52:02 14/04/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

I can say that about any TV Show, Movie Franchise or Game Series that you like, too. Literally no one cares. Let us enjoy dumb kids games with toy lines attached.

You can, for sure, but in Skylanders case, you can tell, from the info videos, from E3, gamescom, from the VV art books, to even the VV live stream, you can tell there's passion out into Skylanders and you can tell they love the series as much as we do. You may not agree Mesu, but know that, whether you like it or not, what you think isn't the case for Skylanders.
---
#10713 Posted: 00:53:35 14/04/2017

You can, for sure, but in Skylanders case, you can tell, from the info videos, from E3, gamescom, from the VV art books, to even the VV live stream, you can tell there's passion out into Skylanders and you can tell they love the series as much as we do. You may not agree Mesu, but know that, whether you like it or not, what you think isn't the case for Skylanders.

are you trying to tell me that skylanders isnt the biggest moneygrab of the 21st century
#10714 Posted: 00:54:34 14/04/2017

And some Tv Shows, movie franchises and game series are like that.
But there's a fine line between the ones that put quality over quantity and vice versa. Ie gravity falls, excellent show, for children, I enjoy it as an adult, it ended before it got too streamlined and became a cash grab, that is so commendable to me.

look at something like Halo, every game looks bigger and better, you dont even have to like the game to see it's true. skylanders stays the same: same graphics, more or less same storyline, same need for paying for characters to unlock the full game. Everyone get's so mad at DLC these days, literally skylanders is one giant DLC.
---
#10715 Posted: 00:57:20 14/04/2017

Yea there's total love and passion, it's not like they pump out a game per year showing lack of care and development, basically all being the same game but including the new kids meme of the year. It's called presentation, it's what lawyers do, lawyers bull****, lots probably dont give a **** about their client but they pretend to. If the argument is who cared more: Insomniac, or Activision, the answer is obvious.

I stand by this statement however: Skylanders is the smartest marketing ploy of the 21st century.
They had Spyro's ip, had nothing to do with it after TLoS, came up with a new game, slapped spyro's name and face on it, made it pay to play for completion and made four more games yearly. It's genius. It's like dino planet, they saw an oppurtunity to cash in on an ip and slapped star fox on it
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:00:36 14/04/2017 by Lunarz
#10716 Posted: 00:58:35 14/04/2017
I mean everyone gets mad about Skylanders too.
---
Bruh
#10717 Posted: 00:59:08 14/04/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I mean, I like the 3DS version of the first Skylanders game and I kind of want to try out Imaginators. *shrug*

Hey, I enjoyed the games too. I liked Spyro's Adventure, I loved Giants, but there's no denying that it's all a money grab now.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#10718 Posted: 00:59:29 14/04/2017
the skyro board is so ****ing tame compared to here lmao, no one knows proper grammar or spelling, everyone's entranced by skylanders and hates those who aren't, and a topic that gets mild annoyance by one or two people get's closed in 24 hours.

man i envy that place

it's always funny to me how you can be as positive as you want about something but say one negative thing and you're attacked, really shows how society functions and how bad it is

I got a post deleted for language once because I said asshole, but other people's posts saying asshole are still there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If saying the word asshole qualified as strong language, dark would have censored them like he did with other swear words.

The skylanders mods are very odd about what they do and don't delete/close. I got a topic closed when I was new to the forum for "posting information people already know" when I found something new, but within hours of anything at least 5 kids will have the same topic "OMG LOOK AT DA THING!!!!!!!!111" and that's fine.
---
Dead
#10719 Posted: 00:59:43 14/04/2017

Yea there's total love and passion, it's not like they pump out a game per year showing lack of care and development, basically all being the same game but including the new kids meme of the year. It's called presentation, it's what lawyers do, lawyers bull****, lots probably dont give a **** about their client but they pretend to. If the argument is who cared more: Insomniac, or Activision, the answer is obvious.

I mean, it's not VV doing every year, it's booth companies.
---
Bruh
#10720 Posted: 01:04:33 14/04/2017

are you trying to tell me that skylanders isnt the biggest moneygrab of the 21st century

I stand by this statement however: Skylanders is the smartest marketing ploy of the 21st century.
They had Spyro's ip, had nothing to do with it after TLoS, came up with a new game, slapped spyro's name and face on it, made it pay to play for completion and made four more games yearly. It's genius. It's like dino planet, they saw an oppurtunity to cash in on an ip and slapped star fox on it

That's Activisions' side, they just want money, but from the developers side, you can tell there's effort, love and passion put into the game, Yeah, somethings stay the same, but what can you do in such a short development cycle? The levels are still great, the characters are often aces in the whole and the toys can look damn good. I'm sure both TfB and VV wanted to do more with the series, but Acti resisted due to money and not wanting to take risks.
---
#10721 Posted: 01:16:54 14/04/2017

That's Activisions' side, they just want money, but from the developers side, you can tell there's effort, love and passion put into the game, Yeah, somethings stay the same, but what can you do in such a short development cycle? The levels are still great, the characters are often aces in the whole and the toys can look damn good. I'm sure both TfB and VV wanted to do more with the series, but Acti resisted due to money and not wanting to take risks.

If the developers weren't in it just for the money, why not make every character available to play when you buy the game, and still release the figures for those who like collecting. That way, the fans that they care so much about would be able to get the full experience for a fair $60 like every other game on the market. Why don't you do this, you ask? Because they want to make as much money as possible with doing as little work as possible. They require you to buy the figure so you can play as the character because it's a smart marketing strategy and it makes them money.
#10722 Posted: 01:19:58 14/04/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Hey, I enjoyed the games too. I liked Spyro's Adventure, I loved Giants, but there's no denying that it's all a money grab now.

Oh, it's definitely a cash grab, I'm not gonna deny that.

Oh, it is a cash grab, most, if not all, franchises of any kind are. Just because its a cash grab doesn't mean its trash.
---
#10723 Posted: 01:22:20 14/04/2017

If the developers weren't in it just for the money, why not make every character available to play when you buy the game, and still release the figures for those who like collecting. That way, the fans that they care so much about would be able to get the full experience for a fair $60 like every other game on the market. Why don't you do this, you ask? Because they want to make as much money as possible with doing as little work as possible. They require you to buy the figure so you can play as the character because it's a smart marketing strategy and it makes them money.

Because the Devs have no control over how the toys are handled with the exception of how they look. All toy decisions are made by Activision, how they're released, how many toys per game and such.
---
#10724 Posted: 01:22:58 14/04/2017
I think you aren't understanding that Activision is in control of the business. They wouldn't want to make things easy like that, obviously. VV and TfB just have to make what they can and deal with what Activision chooses. I agree the game's definitely a cash grab, but that doesn't mean it's bad, and, again, it's all thanks to Activision. Skylanders was supposed to have the toys as optionals when it was Spyro's Kingdom, but guess who forced Toys for Bob to change that?
---
Bruh
#10725 Posted: 01:23:52 14/04/2017

Because who gives a flying ****? Just let us enjoy playing with our ****ing toys without hearing how much money we're wasting on "Le Greedy Corporations". It's an old schtick and I'd appreciate you moving on from this retarded "debate".
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#10726 Posted: 01:25:08 14/04/2017
It's a total cash grab, that much is obvious. But whether it lacks passion and effort or not is debatable. They put out a new game every year, but it's always alternating companies working on them, giving them longer to do it. Though I will admit the series has been lacking the passion it used to have, but I think it was after Swap Force where that started slowly dropping off more and more. But just because it's used only for a cash grab, that doesn't mean people can't like it. So what if they just want or money and don't care about the game? If we like the game, doesn't everyone win?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#10727 Posted: 01:26:02 14/04/2017

Because who gives a flying ****? Just let us enjoy playing with our ****ing toys without hearing how much money we're wasting on "Le Greedy Corporations". It's an old schtick and I'd appreciate you moving on from this retarded "debate".

Lol I'm not preventing you from playing the game in any sense. You don't have to reply to me, you don't have to read what I'm saying, I'm just stating my point, that's all lol
#10728 Posted: 01:27:01 14/04/2017
Quote: 84skylanderdude
It's a total cash grab, that much is obvious. But whether it lacks passion and effort or not is debatable. They put out a new game every year, but it's always alternating companies working on them, giving them longer to do it. Though I will admit the series has been lacking the passion it used to have, but I think it was after Swap Force where that started slowly dropping off more and more. But just because it's used only for a cash grab, that doesn't mean people can't like it. So what if they just want or money and don't care about the game? If we like the game, doesn't everyone win?

yea everyone wins but it's still a cashgrab and they still dont care about the game lol
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#10729 Posted: 01:27:39 14/04/2017

yea everyone wins but it's still a cashgrab and they still dont care about the game lol

Does that matter though if people enjoy it?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#10730 Posted: 01:29:41 14/04/2017

Does that matter though if people enjoy it?

thats not my point lol my point was only that it was a cashgrab and that they dont care about the game.
#10731 Posted: 01:30:54 14/04/2017
I mean, Sonic was created under the exact same circumstances, and it turned out pretty well. So why the heck Skylanders didn't.
---
Bruh
#10732 Posted: 01:31:31 14/04/2017
Okay we've agreed it's a cash grab but also has some care and passion put into it can we stop arguing now it's making me uncomfortable and I don't people's feelings to get hurt ;-;
---
#10733 Posted: 01:32:53 14/04/2017
Wow I leave for a few hours to watch stuff and you guys go places.

We heard from the devs' mouths(though in subtle terms), marketing team and Acti are crazy. They have SO MUCH cut content and non-paywall ideas(Trap Team wouldn't actually require you to get Trap Masters at all to 100%) in the games, or really stupid plans(Stealth Elf in every starter pack, Autism Speaks) that are entirely out of their control.

And yeah, I don't agree with the practices,but I like the game's lore, aesthetics, gameplay, and the figures are neato. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean there's no reason to be found for someone to love it. If they dropped the figure requirements, stopped having such a small development cycle, and used their PR to treat their fans like normal people rather than toddlers, I'd love the games more, not less.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:02 14/04/2017 by Bifrost
#10734 Posted: 01:36:52 14/04/2017
You forgot about the soundtrack, Bifrost... That's one of the reasons you like Skylanders...
---
Bruh
#10735 Posted: 01:41:26 14/04/2017
Soundtrack's good too, but that's usually the case for every franchise I like : P
---
#10736 Posted: 01:46:20 14/04/2017

Acti doesn't but TfB and VV do.
---
#10737 Posted: 02:06:52 14/04/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Ahh, this reminds me of when the Skylander section was so bad that SaN actually had better discussion about the games. ... Awful times.

Best clothed one-eyed Skylander constest!!!1!

Seriously, I'm ok with the lineup contests Zap puts up once we have enough reveals, but years ago people jumped on this bandwagon so hard that S&N trends are tame by comparison.
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6643
#10738 Posted: 02:13:08 14/04/2017
I learned that technically teenagers can't consent to **** and that it's technically illegal/rape for two teens to have sex.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#10739 Posted: 02:15:56 14/04/2017
Lemonade Snapple is heccin' lit
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:17:54 14/04/2017 by Chompy-King257
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10740 Posted: 02:22:08 14/04/2017
Triple Two, back up, goin’ on in my zone
I’m ‘boutta spit some hot words, just so ya know
If you got yourself a girl, keep an eye on that hoe
They call me E.T because i’ll phone yo’ girl home

They call me E.T
Cuz imma phone home
Take your hoe home
And then I bone, home

They call me E.T
Cuz imma phone home
Take your hoe home
And then I bone, home

Yo
All these other rappers say “you all know who it is”
But i won’t be doing that, you don’t know me for ****
So here’s what i’ll do, listen up don’t miss
You can call me Triple Two, and it goes like this

The world’s all wrong now, everyday a new killa’
Shootin’ kids, shootin’ gays, shootin’ a gorilla’
In fact, these past 12 months have been a total dump
With it’s death and disaster and it’s Donald J Trump

And guess what, we goin’ up in flames
Only a matter of time before we’re playing war games
Now get ready for this, it’s nothing the same
Because right here, TRIPLE TWO is takin’ up the reigns

Remember those days when we used to dance?
When no matter who you were, you got a real good chance?
Now the boys in charge aren’t taking chances
Our home of liberty has gone real rancid
But here i come

You don’t have to beg
I’ll make this omelet, no need to break an egg
But i’m lettin this power go to my head
Ruling over everything like my name was Gregg
But i won’t be doing anything instead
The world’s dark, but i take my stab
They call me E.T
Cuz imma phone home
Take your hoe home
And then I bone, home

They call me E.T
Cuz imma phone home
Take your hoe home
And then I bone, home

Ya know, sometimes
It feels a little sad
Thinking about all the fun
That he once had
Goin out on the town
With my shoes on his feet
Adventure on his mind
In the summer heat

Now it’s been about a year,
And he’s feeling kinda down
Because he’s in a tight spot
In a tiny little town
Nothing to see, nothing to behold
Just sit, wait, commentate, til’ he grows old

You know, Sometimes
He feels quite alone
With just myself
In this quiet home

He wants somebody to love, that’s all the matter
Somebody to hug and share some good laughter
But all his life, the world just thinks he’s just a crook
They look at two pages then they close the book

Sometimes he wishes a lover would find his matter
Open him up, read every page, every chapter
And let the story end with some calm pitter-patter
So they can just walk off, like happy ever after

But this big ol’ book just sits on the shelf
He’s just too afraid to call out for help
He just wants comfort, to be serenaded
But the big man on top makes him invalidated

He tries to stand up
But he takes a big fall
He had just one chance
But he wasted it all
Now he lays on the ground, everyone can see
He looks in his mirror.
He’s crying..
The boy is me.

Then my parents look at me, like i’m failin’ them,
Doctors dissect my brain, like an alien
Like, just why, what did i say to them?
They squeeze my head like putty when they play pretend

And then i see it
That’s why i’m E.T
I’m not “out of this world”
The world says “out with ME”

To them the way i think is too odd to care for
So they sit me down, write up on a piece of paper
“This kid’s not right, his head’s real ill!”
“But we’ll fix your son, put him on some pills!”
Hearing all their word just gives me the chills
They think i can’t grow, let alone pay my bills

And what am i supposed to do, when i’m 25
And i go to my dad, who hates how i’m alive
And i say “i wanna leave, i wanna get a job”
And he spits out venom, and leaves me to sob…

And my mom sits down, not saying a word
She agrees that i’m better, but refuses to concurr
And my sister just laughs, soaking in my worst
I wanna punch her stupid face, make her head hurt

Then i jolt back up
I’m going way too deep
If it all WAS perfect
I’d just be asleep

I think about my parents, how i’m failing them
How all the docs and lab cocks make me alien
How i’m simply alone, nowhere to begin
My boat’s been sank, i don’t sail again

I’m sinking in the waves
Tell the people “let me be..”
I wanna go to the sky
Star high
Like E.T

i let my mind take the keyboard out for a ride
and then they drove off the cliff
#10741 Posted: 02:22:54 14/04/2017
Quote: DragonCamo
I learned that technically teenagers can't consent to **** and that it's technically illegal/rape for two teens to have sex.

There's a lot of dumb stuff in this world that's illegal

I'll always never understand why prostitution is illegal, if it were regulated by the government then people would get less STD's and these poor women wouldn't be abused and sold by pimps who hit and rape them. It's your body, you should able to do what you want with it. It's like if you paid me to shake your hand, it's my body, my choice, and if both parties consent there should be nothing wrong with it.

Weed should also be legalized, i don't support or do drugs but it would get so many kids off the stream, out of bad situations, more jail space (this goes for prostitution as well)
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#10742 Posted: 11:49:01 14/04/2017
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe going crazy with the nostalgia/reference overload.

Damn it, HAL, if you're making Amazing Mirror 2 for 3DS just tell us already. That **** was muh late childhood I'd love a sequel. <3

5char
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#10743 Posted: 14:47:18 14/04/2017
Zap stop rapping or I'll kill you.

Quote: Drawdler
Ahh, this reminds me of when the Skylander section was so bad that SaN actually had better discussion about the games. ... Awful times.

Best clothed one-eyed Skylander constest!!!1!

Seriously, I'm ok with the lineup contests Zap puts up once we have enough reveals, but years ago people jumped on this bandwagon so hard that S&N trends are tame by comparison.

Being sincere here, I'm not enthusiastic at all to talk in the Skylanders section. Most people, if not kids, are just too childish to have a good conversation. Ironically, people who access more than the Skylanders treads are much more nice and pleasant to talk about. That's why I prefer to post my topics at General. Less posts? Sure, but much better dialogue.

And we don't need to talk again about Sansaes
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:47:59 14/04/2017 by Crash10
#10744 Posted: 14:57:08 14/04/2017
Doesn't even have to be the kids. Most disappear outside of news time but there are PLENTY of adults who are the most unpleasant people I've ever met in a fandom, even compared to impressionable kids.
---
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10295
#10745 Posted: 20:17:50 14/04/2017
I have gained weight quite a lot since the last year. I weighed 111 kg (244 pounds) and today I weighed at 120 kg (264 pounds). And the only change I've done in recent year, is that I have increased the amount of workouts and protein intake, no other changes have been made in my life which means that I have gained good mass. But it still is a heavy load, you know?
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#10746 Posted: 20:33:44 14/04/2017
The new MST3K is pretty funny so far!
First | Previous | Page 215 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 213 214 215 216 217 ... 518 519 520

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me