Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Top 10 Most Livable Countries In The World
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Top 10 Most Livable Countries In The World [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#51 Posted: 21:33:19 05/01/2014
Ignoring the fact that the "livability" of a country is subjective to a degree:

Quote:
low crime rate evidences that Ireland is a safe country.

[User Posted Image]

is mama gonna have to smack a *****?

Ireland has never been safe. That's the biggest lie ever. Of course Ireland has a low crime rate in comparison to others, it's a tiny country. That doesn't mean crimes aren't an everyday concern even in the most rural of places, and the brutality of some crimes is sickening at times. And considering that this list is recommending it as a good emigration site, makes it even funnier, because Irish people are not the most culturally tolerant. And don't get me started on the amount of times I've heard "****in' foreighnors takin' all 'of ar ****in' jabs". And honestly, that was a bit of an issue for a while. So many people emigrated here over the past decade or so, that it's become extremely difficult to cater to everyone, even on a financial level (especially since the Celtic Tiger ended). Not to mention that racial and religious discrimination is very commonplace.

Also, the healthcare is bloody terrible, as is the education. The latter is terrible to an almost sitcom worthy level.

I could go on, but I shouldn't need to. Ireland just really isn't a great country.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#52 Posted: 21:37:24 05/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Quote:

[User Posted Image]

Ireland has never been safe. That's the biggest lie ever. Of course Ireland has a low crime rate in comparison to others, it's a tiny country. That doesn't mean crimes aren't an everyday concern even in the most rural of places, and the brutality of some crimes is sickening at times. And considering that this list is recommending it as a good emigration site, makes it even funnier, because Irish people are not the most culturally tolerant. And don't get me started on the amount of times I've heard "****in' foreighnors takin' all 'of ar ****in' jabs". And honestly, that was a bit of an issue for a while. So many people emigrated here over the past decade or so, that it's become extremely difficult to cater to everyone, even on a financial level (especially since the Celtic Tiger ended). Not to mention that racial and religious discrimination is very commonplace.

Also, the healthcare is bloody terrible, as is the education. The latter is terrible to an almost sitcom worthy level.

I could go on, but I shouldn't need to. Ireland just really isn't a great country.

Well, your HDI is high. You must be doing SOMETHING right.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#53 Posted: 21:37:36 05/01/2014
Quote: Metallo
I don't see any numbers or statistics for individual countries, though.....

[User Posted Image]

This was the list, but it seems the interactive infographic on the site doesn't work anymore.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#54 Posted: 21:38:43 05/01/2014
Quote: MoonHorizons
Quote: hardcoreignitor
CANAFA IS NUMBER 7
USA IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND ON SAMIUS's LIST

that's fox news though.

like every other news station, they overexaggerate everything and do nothing but politics no one cares about. this is more of a debating show than news.

Pretty much this, and keep in mind this was 2010.

I'm sorry, but Canada does not win. That's just not how it works.

Canada has maple Syrup, beavers, and WOLVERINE.
Your arguement is invalid
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#55 Posted: 21:39:44 05/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Samius
I don't see any numbers or statistics for individual countries, though.....

[User Posted Image]

This was the list, but it seems the interactive infographic on the site doesn't work anymore.

Ah, I see. Welp, that's pretty good.

But keep in mind that one of your sources is Fox News, which is probably the MOST biased and ridiculous media company out there today.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:11 05/01/2014 by Metallo
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#56 Posted: 21:43:39 05/01/2014

Quote:

[User Posted Image]

Well, your HDI is high. You must be doing SOMETHING right.

HDI is literally one of the most vague statistics in existence. It is literally pointless if you ask me, as it doesn't tell you anything specific.

For example, did you know that last year, horse meat was used in a lot of meat products in Ireland (and other European countries)?

HDI won't tell you that.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:29 05/01/2014 by sonicbrawler182
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#57 Posted: 21:43:59 05/01/2014
Japan is STILL more livable than the USA?
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#58 Posted: 21:46:51 05/01/2014 | Topic Creator
HDI don't mean anything when I discover I may have eaten a horse.

Lucky son of a *****, it's illegal to eat horse meat here in 'Murica. Or at least, it is where I live.
#59 Posted: 21:51:07 05/01/2014

But keep in mind that one of your sources is Fox News, which is probably the MOST biased and ridiculous media company out there today.

Found it.

https://www.google.com/fusiont...j5Y10-53BVIHRzQ

The ranking was actually published by Newsweek, the picture was simply what was seen on Fox News at that date.
Damn, you can't flash the logo anywhere without people starting to doubt you.

But sure, I didn't believe it just like that when I first heard it. Then I dug the article up myself.
#60 Posted: 21:53:50 05/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Interesting.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#61 Posted: 21:55:21 05/01/2014
I hope I didn't eat horse.
---
#62 Posted: 22:11:20 05/01/2014
Japan is STILL more livable than the USA?

According to Newsweek, yes.

Japan beats USA in:

- Education (by 21 ranks)
- Health (by 25 ranks)

USA beats Japan in:

- Quality of life (by 4 ranks)
- Political enviroment (by 11 ranks)
- Economic dynamism (by 8 ranks)
#63 Posted: 22:27:54 05/01/2014
I really didn't think that's what they meant by livable.

I'm guessing they didn't take into account the constant earthquakes that sometimes cause mini-tsunamis.
---
#64 Posted: 22:43:14 05/01/2014

I'm guessing they didn't take into account the constant earthquakes that sometimes cause mini-tsunamis.

They also didn't take into account that the USA is sitting on a sleeping super-volcano.
#65 Posted: 23:50:25 05/01/2014

They also didn't take into account that the USA is sitting on a sleeping super-volcano.

Good thing i'm out of it's ashfall zone.
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#66 Posted: 23:54:17 05/01/2014
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
bahaha ireland is highly rated for health care? baka list

They don't even allow abortions unless the mother will die without one.
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#67 Posted: 00:34:31 06/01/2014
Most people are for their own country, but I'm not. I'm not too proud of the United States political or economical state.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#68 Posted: 02:23:32 06/01/2014
Quote: zzsdf
Quote: arceustheprime

Same with mine.

it can take months to years here just to get your tonsils removed if you don't have a ton of money so your most likely gonna have to forfeit the money anyway or suffer

Woah, what? I don't think that's because of free health care, I've never had to wait months for anything (I've had surgery twice plus bandages and minor ****, almost all of them because of football injuries).
I had a classmate who had tonsils removed and it only took him a few weeks since they found out.

This isn't about free health care, it's your system that's not working if what you say is true.

it all started when we got it, though the various **** prime ministers we've had in the past don't help
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#69 Posted: 03:15:42 06/01/2014

Found it.

https://www.google.com/fusiont...j5Y10-53BVIHRzQ

The ranking was actually published by Newsweek, the picture was simply what was seen on Fox News at that date.
Damn, you can't flash the logo anywhere without people starting to doubt you.

But sure, I didn't believe it just like that when I first heard it. Then I dug the article up myself.

Hmm... I'm pretty sure Newsweek went belly-up as a news magazine a few years back. So I wouldn't consider them a very reliable source either. Whatever, it doesn't matter all that much. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#70 Posted: 13:43:33 06/01/2014
Quote: HIR
Hmm... I'm pretty sure Newsweek went belly-up as a news magazine a few years back. So I wouldn't consider them a very reliable source either. Whatever, it doesn't matter all that much. <.>

I don't know all that much about newsweek, and true, these statistics don't really have any concrete value. They're just rankings.

Still, I'll put some faith in it seeing how similar surveys were also made around that time period which led to similar results.
I can link those too if anybody is interested, but I wouldn't want to seem like I'm bragging about a country which I simply live in.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me