Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Speculation - Next Skylanders Game [CLOSED]
Kartoonkid91 Blue Sparx Gems: 730
#51 Posted: 02:48:40 11/01/2014
Quote: shelly9871
How do you know one person is correct? Do you work there?

Are you talking to me?
---
Looking for: Glitter (Pearl) Hot Head, Silver E3 Spyro, E3 Hot Dog.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#52 Posted: 02:50:36 11/01/2014
No there was another m e ssage but it was deleted. So I deleted mine. Sorry for confusion
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#53 Posted: 02:53:43 11/01/2014
No there was another m e ssage but it was deleted. So I deleted mine. Sorry for confusion

Lol no problem, I was wondering what I said haha.
---
#54 Posted: 02:55:28 11/01/2014
Kaboomer--had posted "one of you got it right." So that was intriguing
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:23:37 11/01/2014 by shelly9871
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#55 Posted: 03:29:01 11/01/2014
If there's no level editor or online play I would think the next one is a pass at this point. They should take a book from infinity at this point unless that would require yet another portal to work properly. The more I think on this I don't see anything else they could do game wise that could be that innovative. After three games its going to be been there and done that for too many.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#56 Posted: 04:10:35 11/01/2014
Skylanders: Super Force

The story:

There are 32 "Supers". The thing is they can function as cores, and as part of a "Super Combo"

There are 4 categories of "supers"

Head
Arm
Leg
Weapon

The reason there are no bodies is because there are "super titans" that have removable arms and legs and heads to make way for the supers.

So let's say we have a big robot dinosaur. His arms are one piece. But let's say we have a rock guy. The rock guy turns into an arm pair. So you can either attach both dinosaur arms to the big robot dinosaur or a Skylander that turns into two arms.

Same goes with legs and heads.

Now weapons.

Skylanders that turn into big weapons for the Super combos.

So with 32, that's enough for 1 arm pair, 1 leg pair, 1 head, and 1 weapon for each element.

So there are Supers and Super Titans.

Plus 4 player, online, and compatibility from all 3 games.

- - -
#57 Posted: 04:18:09 11/01/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
Skylanders: Super Force

The story:

There are 32 "Supers". The thing is they can function as cores, and as part of a "Super Combo"

There are 4 categories of "supers"

Head
Arm
Leg
Weapon

The reason there are no bodies is because there are "super titans" that have removable arms and legs and heads to make way for the supers.

So let's say we have a big robot dinosaur. His arms are one piece. But let's say we have a rock guy. The rock guy turns into an arm pair. So you can either attach both dinosaur arms to the big robot dinosaur or a Skylander that turns into two arms.

Same goes with legs and heads.

Now weapons.

Skylanders that turn into big weapons for the Super combos.

So with 32, that's enough for 1 arm pair, 1 leg pair, 1 head, and 1 weapon for each element.

So there are Supers and Super Titans.

Plus 4 player, online, and compatibility from all 3 games.

- - -

4 player would be awesome, I forgot to put that! I don't think I would like a game like that actually. Not saying it's not a good idea, just not my thing. Very creative though.
---
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#58 Posted: 04:40:54 11/01/2014
Yeah...The more I think about this...The more I've convinced myself that nano force is going to be the next game.

It makes perfect sense based on the upgraded portal unless I'm missing something techological (I'm not guru by any means). With the new portal, up to 5 RFID's can be read, right? 4 between 2 swappers and 1 magic item. Before it was only 3. With something like nano force, you could play up to 4 players at once and if they're small like sidekicks, they'll all fit on the portal still so a typical complaint you've had about swap force (the necessity of a new portal) will not come into play and "portal owner's packs" could return.

It would be interesting to see how they sold packs for something like this.
---
Here we go again...!
#59 Posted: 04:44:12 11/01/2014
Quote: Skylanders Dad
Yeah...The more I think about this...The more I've convinced myself that nano force is going to be the next game.

It makes perfect sense based on the upgraded portal unless I'm missing something techological (I'm not guru by any means). With the new portal, up to 5 RFID's can be read, right? 4 between 2 swappers and 1 magic item. Before it was only 3. With something like nano force, you could play up to 4 players at once and if they're small like sidekicks, they'll all fit on the portal still so a typical complaint you've had about swap force (the necessity of a new portal) will not come into play and "portal owner's packs" could return.

I would love Nano Force!!!
---
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#60 Posted: 04:49:23 11/01/2014
Quote: Kartoonkid91

Me too...I would love an up to 4 players at once Skylanders game as well. Got a younger one getting closer to playing age and once he's on board, no way Skylanders Mom is being left out...We could have some serious family Kaos bashing nights...Heck, the 3 of us at playing age right now were having a ball playing the pikmin game within Nintendoland tonight which has the similar overhead attack enemies deal like Skylanders...Something like that with Skylanders would be even more epic.
---
Here we go again...!
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#61 Posted: 15:16:57 11/01/2014
I think online play is a must, now i know the reasoning is parents dont want their kids to play online. i get that. but what about us Adults who act like kids who want to play with their friends...just saying. =)
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#62 Posted: 15:17:58 11/01/2014
and personally Level Editing isn't my thing, again i am one. I just can't get into it. Biggest reason i dont have Infinity.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#63 Posted: 01:34:05 12/01/2014
None of the skylanders gimmicks will help if they do "more of the same" gameplay wise.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#64 Posted: 01:43:33 12/01/2014
Yeah I don't think level editing will work here. I actually like playing worlds others create, I'm in it for the challenge! I have Disney Infinity and I never build anything. The only time I feel super creative is MineCraft, they really have a great thing going. I think a super smash bros game or a real Pokemon game with figures would totally rock, and people that don't want it because they have to buy a figure to unlock a character doesn't have to buy the game.
---
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#65 Posted: 01:44:22 12/01/2014
I'm sorry but a super figure composed of other figures as its head, arm, legs, weapon, whatever? Hasn't that been done already?

Go Go Power rangers
#66 Posted: 03:00:30 12/01/2014
Quote: Concept
I'm sorry but a super figure composed of other figures as its head, arm, legs, weapon, whatever? Hasn't that been done already?

Doesn't sound appealing...too much like other things on market...removes personality even more than swap force did...too complicated...usability testing confirms this won't be a good idea.

Level Editor--no way.

Engage us deeper on the game, find ways to keep us busy....give us more content...and stop giving us dupes of figures.

Give us networking PvP with no chat/text and this, and I'll be ready to go.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:01:27 12/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#67 Posted: 03:04:11 12/01/2014
Quote: Kartoonkid91

My problem with Nano Force is that going from such a special gimmick as swapping back to sizes like Giants, seems like a huge step backwards but the whole space and 4 player idea could be good. The only way I COULD see any Nanos happen is if it is released with another line of gimmick figures for the same game.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#68 Posted: 03:04:59 12/01/2014
Oh and maybe more character development in game! They have such awesome stories outside of the game but a Skylanders game based more on the Skylander commercials where they talked to each other and had witty banter and deep personalities. They seem more like... Well wild animals. In the commercials they were talking "animals". Kaos has a pretty deep story but it always focuses on Everything but the Skylanders themselves.
---
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#69 Posted: 03:31:42 19/01/2014
I have an idea, if anyone is willing to listen. How about skylanders crystal squad (or something along those lines). The story is, the skylanders that back in sky lands, find a large mine filled with eight gemstone skylanders. There are all different colored crystal like skylanders. The eight are made up of all transparent plastic. And there would be sixteen lightcores, and these would include the eight crystal skylanders, and then eight older skylanders. Back to the story, Kaos come to the mine, and blows up the mind with all the skylanders and their newly found allies. The explosion sends them along with Kaos and his minions to earth. Then a new villain from sky lands tries to return Kaos to sky lands, and brings him back. Thus, renewing the "only you can bring them to life" motif.
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#70 Posted: 05:32:52 19/01/2014
Kaboomer--had posted "one of you got it right." So that was intriguing

I actually saw that as it was posted and wanted to respond... And I've been mulling it over, looking over at the last page, from what I see these ideas were each suggested once(by one member, not quoted to be "agreed with"):
  • NPCs as Magic Items (I think this is most likely sadly, cheap and easy gimmick, although on the plus side they would be able to make a new cast without the old one anymore!)
  • Soccer game (smilie)
  • Power discs (can see this happening smilie)
  • Get rid of chase variants (not a game idea, but still. don't see this happening, they love making these)
  • Game set in the past (I can see this happening, though I don't think it would be worth making the whole game about it.)
  • Cartoon show (just give it time... By the way THE CARTOONS HAD BETTER AIR IN A GOOD TIMEFRAME EVERYWHERE IF ACTI DECIDE TO MAKE A GAME TIED IN WITH THEM! /vent)
  • Dark-based game (I don't see this happening as much as the others, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a game based around variants, and it could be used to show of darker aspects or something? Possible?)
  • Microphone (is this possible with the toys? Personally I would hate this, my toy would probably barely pick up what I have to say.)
  • SSB clone (ehh?)
  • All Skylanders shrink down (hmm, this is a story suggestion, I can see this happening maybe...)
  • Multi-colour-schemes (I hope this doesn't happen, lazy. Also we already have variants. I don't see them being THIS cheap.)
  • Changing elements (I think this is possible and would be pretty easy)
  • Hygiene Force (YES!)
  • Crash's Adventure (I hope to god this doesn't happen. Crash doesn't need to be in Skylanders with Spyro, and he hasn't had a game for years now. Probably all this would accomplish would be to kill any chance of a new Crash game like it did for Spyro. Sadly, I can see this happening(I don't trust them saying that it wouldn't).)
  • Super Nanos/Piggyback Nanos (I can see this happening.)
  • Corelanders get something new (I don't see this happening if the trend continues, but I would love it.)
  • Spyro gets a break (doubtful but I think it's possible, depending on what sale trend is up with them)
  • LightCores improved (I hope so.)
  • Hybrid Elements (I can see this happening, but I hope not.)

Pure speculation, but that's really all we can do now, and it's fun so...

I said "I can see this happening" so many times... smilie

Another thing, I don't get the obsession everyone has with changing elements. It doesn't add to the gameplay at all if your Spyro is Fire instead of Magic. The elements are really just used to open gates and provide a little area bonus- not that I wouldn't like seeing them used for more, though...
#71 Posted: 07:35:53 19/01/2014
Well Arc...glad someone else saw the post cause I started doubting my sanity. Lol. W

Wel all I can say is, "I can see that happening." Lol We will see...smilie
---
hodjimon Blue Sparx Gems: 671
#72 Posted: 09:47:49 19/01/2014
I just hope there isn't an online mode. Online gaming usually just ruins games. I have yet to see a game benefit from online gaming. It always turns into me getting into an argument with the random person I am playing with and I end up turning off the game and not playing it for months or even years. Some people are just immature, especially online.
---
I love collecting Skylanders! Have all skylander character figures and game different variants, so far.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#73 Posted: 15:45:28 19/01/2014
An online version would be relatively easy. If they were worried about possible predators, all they'd have to do is turn off any sort of communication between players and have a simple text selection thing. You know like pretty much all kids games with online have. Even Skylanders Universe had this near the end of its life.

That would simply be if they intend to have online co-op in levels (which would be awesome). If they don't plan on that, having a simple online arena mode would be acceptable too. then they don't even have to have any sort of communication. Just hop in, battle and then end.

Quote: Arc of Archives

Another thing, I don't get the obsession everyone has with changing elements. It doesn't add to the gameplay at all if your Spyro is Fire instead of Magic. The elements are really just used to open gates and provide a little area bonus- not that I wouldn't like seeing them used for more, though...

Personally, if done right, it could be an interesting way for them to bring back old characters instead of just a simple repose. At least then, I'd feel more acceptable to buy 75 Eruptors if they were different in some way.

Alternatively, they could change up the move animations, like Dark Spyro's fire in the 3DS game was purple. An Undead Spyro could have dark fire coming out, or they could change animations of other things/add things. For instance, a Undead Spyro could look like a skeleton and when he does the ground pound, bones would come rocketing out of the ground and hit enemies.

Other than that, they could also change enemies around. So like, a Fire bad guy would take more damage from a Water Skylander's attack, etc etc. I *thought* maybe the game takes this into effect already but Im not 100% sure on that.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#74 Posted: 17:29:45 19/01/2014
Quote: hodjimon
I just hope there isn't an online mode. Online gaming usually just ruins games. I have yet to see a game benefit from online gaming. It always turns into me getting into an argument with the random person I am playing with and I end up turning off the game and not playing it for months or even years. Some people are just immature, especially online.

Online games like CoD is the ONLY way people will buy the game because the campaigns are so bad. Skylanders games excel at the story side (I know a few debate this). They need an engineering team to solve the online component....keep everything in tact...it would not ruin the game at all and allow for competitions etc. In my mind a very much needed component.

If they implemented the no chat or talk...what's the problem here? Are we worried about being contacted via the console interface? Seriously I don't do much online but the few games I have has been very benign--even for mature titles.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:31:23 19/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
RevQuixo Blue Sparx Gems: 937
#75 Posted: 19:18:59 19/01/2014
Not that is going to happen but I'd love for SSA & Giants to be remastered for Xbox One & PS4. They could then (along with WiiU- translate the Japanese SSA) release a two pack on the new systems with the inclusion of some forgotten characters to drum up support for the reissue. Who wouldn't buy a SSA/Giants two pack packaged with Darklight Crypt / Ghost Roaster and say Bash Series 2?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:04 19/01/2014 by RevQuixo
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#76 Posted: 20:34:17 19/01/2014
I just want them to fix small details. I have a list:

• In Swap Force, they made it so when Stealth Elf is in a PvP match and uses her secondary attack, her eyes show, giving that move virtually no use anymore (In Giants PvP matches, you couldn't see her eyes, so the opponent wouldn't know where you were). That needs to go.
  • Get rid of cutscenes before every level. I would prefer just a "loading" screen. Just a personal preference.
  • Make it so you can skip people talking. I hate Rufus always talking to me when I start up the game, Gorm pestering me about how he is physically perfect every time I want to upgrade, and Snagglescale, as much as I love you, once you say that thing about streamers and parties, you need to be quiet. The rest of the stuff you say after that is just a filler.
  • I like the better graphics, but it looks way too cartoonish! I can't tell what's going on or where I am most of the time in arena matches. It's even worse when there are 2 players.
  • Stop changing the enemies in the games! They replaced cyclopes (yes, that is the grammatically correct term, don't attack me because of it) with greebles, and the greebles get replaced later on with other stuff. Something that infuriated me was how they made something called "Twistpick Cyclops". The only difference between Mohawk Cyclopes and the Twistpick Cyclopes (other than the obvious differences such as color, games, teeth, whatever) is the name. It is hard to memorize enemies names, just to get them replaced in the next game. And when they introduce new enemies that you only see in one level, or even just once or twice (that mine miner thing in Kaos' Fortress), they're just waising time on a code going to be used once, when they could be fixing minor details.

That is my rant about the things needing to be "dealt with" in the next game, but I don't want to seem so pessimistic, so here is a list of things that VV actually did well on in Swap Force

• If a S2 Skylander had already fully upgraded, but decided to switch paths, they buy the alternative path, and switch between paths w/o having to buy the whole path again (you can only do this in an upgrade pod).

That took way too long to type...
jlcox7 Green Sparx Gems: 466
#77 Posted: 18:18:56 10/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Getting close to the Toy Fair - someone must have some info about the next game; please share if you do.
What is your best guess , guys?
I am thinking Micro Force or Some Dark Force type thing - if anyone can hint at it, do that!
Getting a bit excited, like last year.
Have fun!
---
Stay on the hunt, enjoy the chase. Don't spend too much money, or you'll fall on your face.
#78 Posted: 19:21:00 10/02/2014
My bets are on some little "mini me/nano force" or playing as bad guys...online component revealed. Story pathing/deeper story quest immersion / open world based.
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#79 Posted: 19:47:46 10/02/2014
Quote: jlcox7
Getting close to the Toy Fair - someone must have some info about the next game; please share if you do.
I am thinking Micro Force or Some Dark Force type thing - if anyone can hint at it, do that!
Have fun!

I think they said they're not doing things like they have the past couple of years, for competitive reasons. This leads me to believe (assume) they won't reveal the next game at Toy Fair.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#80 Posted: 21:33:25 10/02/2014
They really need to put online Co Op on the next game and just work on making a game mode for us older gamers that like a challenge. Like a nightmare mode. Also just put more content into the game. Stop making games u can beat in less than 6 to 8 hours. I do enjoy the arenas and other game modes for extra content. It would be cool to be able to create your own skylands and visit your friends like the online game use to be. Like having a lair to show your collections like iron man displays his suits in his basement. Being able to make your island look unique and just be involved with friends or others without actually having to be at their/your house together. Maybe even make Co op mini games etc. Just load the thing with content, increased difficulty and the ability to create your own world but spend time with your friends. There is a lot of things they could do. However they are lazy and will just pump out another short game with series 40 figures when some like ghost roaster don'teven have a 2nd series. I'm really tired of the remakes but I would like to see those figures upgraded then make all new ones
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#81 Posted: 21:35:34 10/02/2014
Quote: GameMaster78
I think they said they're not doing things like they have the past couple of years, for competitive reasons. This leads me to believe (assume) they won't reveal the next game at Toy Fair.

That would make me wonder why they got a 3,010 Sq.ft. booth. I assumed what was different then the past couple of years was that they did not announce the new game at the 4th Quarter earnings report. I guess we will find out soon enough. The Toy Fair opens this Sunday at 10 AM.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#82 Posted: 21:53:39 10/02/2014
Quote: jlcox7
Have fun!

Then why are they doing the Frito Lay Promo thing for naming a Skylander?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#83 Posted: 22:17:52 10/02/2014
No idea. Someone posted a link to a statement by Activision where it was stated they're doing things a bit different this year, in the reveal department.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#84 Posted: 22:54:35 10/02/2014
No idea. Someone posted a link to a statement by Activision where it was stated they're doing things a bit different this year, in the reveal department.

Even if they reveal it at the Toy Fair it's still later than before.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#85 Posted: 23:42:07 10/02/2014
Quote: Concept

Go Go Power rangers

Voltron!!!!!! (The original B**A**).
---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#86 Posted: 23:54:01 10/02/2014
Franchise combination: Lego - Landers - Whatever you build with the parts supplied shows up on screen the way you have the bricks/character parts assembled and it's usable in the game.
---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
#87 Posted: 02:26:29 11/02/2014
Quote: j32bass
Franchise combination: Lego - Landers - Whatever you build with the parts supplied shows up on screen the way you have the bricks/character parts assembled and it's usable in the game.

Based on their testing, two parts was enough...if the model extends beyond that then I guess they are catering to older kids and adults this time around. Personally, I'm in the "just because you can doesn't mean you should" department. This would be needlessly complicated--more tiring than fun--I'd rather they work out new things in the content department.

Why make chapters? Why is the story so linear? How can we add depth to the franchise? Yes innovate on the toy side, but now that we have a great game engine it's time to move the GAME side of this equation forward. VV I'm trying to give you props here but fix your damn freezing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:28:19 11/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#88 Posted: 07:00:04 11/02/2014
This is a activision, there will be nothing new unless it makes more cash per game sold.
The lineup will probably be 68 Characters. Though I could see them doing a toy box mode.

Frankly, Im hoping my son loses interest in it by next fall.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#89 Posted: 14:17:12 11/02/2014
Quote: j32bass

We already have Skylanders Mega Bloks.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me