Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
FAKE Gold Warnado back on.. [CLOSED]
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#51 Posted: 17:58:15 16/06/2013
I'd rather just contact them through their live support, instead of waiting for an email .-.
---
words. letters. filler.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#52 Posted: 18:00:52 16/06/2013
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
I'd rather just contact them through their live support, instead of waiting for an email .-.

Go for it >.< I am too "blah" today to deal with em lol
---
Praise Helix!!!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#53 Posted: 05:51:20 17/06/2013
It'll be just as fake tomorrow as today, get some sleep, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Chris at TFB Emerald Sparx Gems: 3636
#54 Posted: 20:52:55 17/06/2013
Aura just contacted me about this gold Warnado. I checked with our toy guy here at TFB and I can confirm that we did not release a gold Warnado. This must be a custom painted Skylander.

Hope this helps.

~Chris
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#55 Posted: 20:59:08 17/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you Chris.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#56 Posted: 21:06:19 17/06/2013
Thanks Chris, i think i will try that live support that Taco mentioned tomorrow. I work until late tonight otherwise i would right now
---
Praise Helix!!!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#57 Posted: 23:27:04 17/06/2013
Quote: Chris at TFB
Aura just contacted me about this gold Warnado. I checked with our toy guy here at TFB and I can confirm that we did not release a gold Warnado. This must be a custom painted Skylander.

Hope this helps.

~Chris

Anything about the Silver Swarm that's on eBay?
---
words. letters. filler.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#58 Posted: 23:29:01 17/06/2013
The silver swarm is a custom... and Flameslinger is a custom too! I don't like scammer... If they do a custom... plz SAY IT! Maiby some guys will buy it more than if they lie...
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#59 Posted: 23:39:05 17/06/2013
I wonder what the E-mail I get back says.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#60 Posted: 00:30:25 18/06/2013
WOW--that is crazy that it was that hard---Customer service is friendly but not very effective.

See Ebay fails thread for message I received from seller in response to my asking about the silver flameslinger and swarm being real.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#61 Posted: 01:03:48 18/06/2013
And all E-mails I got back are corporate non answers like usual.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#62 Posted: 02:42:57 18/06/2013
Quote: shelly9871
WOW--that is crazy that it was that hard---Customer service is friendly but not very effective.

See Ebay fails thread for message I received from seller in response to my asking about the silver flameslinger and swarm being real.

To be fair to amazon, though, with the volume of items that are listed on their site, their customer service people are extremely unlikely to be familiar with Skylander toys. And they need to be REAL sure they don't pull a listing or punish a seller just because someone says it's not legitimate. A lot of legwork needs to be done to cover their corporate butt.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#63 Posted: 03:22:06 18/06/2013
I hear what you are saying himewad--but they disconnected so many times--the entire exchange wasn't good. I'd be willing to guess Amazon wouldn't be happy with how the situation was handled. I was in customer service for a large company while working on my undergrad and this wouldn't have been what the company expected. I realize it's impossible, with a company like this, for each rep to know about each item. But I still think it should/could have been handled better.

Good point...
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
jjgames Green Sparx Gems: 403
#64 Posted: 14:52:57 18/06/2013
In my experience, Amazon does not remove a listing unless you first buy the item and then confirm it is a fake or inaccurate. I think their official policy says this too.

I had this happen to me one time when I sold some memory cards for Gamecube. I inadvertently listed them with the wrong brand name. A competing seller bought one and reported it so all of my listings were removed.
#65 Posted: 00:30:42 26/06/2013
Fake warnado BACK again
He's baaaack
---
#66 Posted: 23:01:07 26/06/2013
7 1-star reviews, I'm guessing all from us (heehee). I voted them all as helpful, and added my own.

That's another thing we can do, vote up the negative reviews to raise them to the level of "Most helpful". smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#67 Posted: 23:59:46 26/06/2013
Quote: jjgames
In my experience, Amazon does not remove a listing unless you first buy the item and then confirm it is a fake or inaccurate. I think their official policy says this too.

I had this happen to me one time when I sold some memory cards for Gamecube. I inadvertently listed them with the wrong brand name. A competing seller bought one and reported it so all of my listings were removed.

So, who's going to buy it so it can be delisted?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#68 Posted: 00:00:55 27/06/2013
We could all chip in---lol
---
#69 Posted: 00:31:13 27/06/2013
Would miss the point... There is and always has been only one. The seller gets his $250, he wins. The ad would be basically disabled as being out of stock, who cares if it gets taken down? Either way nobody is buying another anyway. The only advantage is bringing down this seller's reputation, and the negative reviews do that to an extent anyways.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:02 28/06/2013 by niceguy1
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#70 Posted: 04:20:41 28/06/2013
I chatted with an Amazon customer service rep yesterday to report the Gold Warnado as counterfeit/scam/fake.

I got the impression that the service rep agreed with me about the non-authenticity of the item, but it also seemed like the best he was going to be able to do was to "escalate" the complaint to ... whoever stuff gets "escalated" to at Amazon.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#71 Posted: 14:58:54 28/06/2013
Amazon has great reputation, but man they are still learning the ropes on this 3rd party stuff. It basically reduces Amazon's reputation to that of eBay...such a waste imo.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#72 Posted: 23:14:23 28/06/2013
I'm of the opinion they never should have allowed 3rd party sellers. Or at least separate them more. I only want to order from Amazon itself, don't know how many times I've thought I found something and it's just a stupid 3rd party seller. I wish it would ONLY search Amazon itself, then offer a link to "Extend search to 3rd party sellers". Or have it as an option on my account.

Amazon WAS an online store. Now they've blurred the lines between "store" and "classified lister". Stuff like this just brings down their good reputation.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:51 28/06/2013 by niceguy1
#73 Posted: 23:23:49 28/06/2013
Quote: niceguy1
Amazon WAS an online store. Now they've blurred the lines between "store" and "classified lister". Stuff like this just brings down their good reputation.

Dead on here.
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#74 Posted: 15:10:49 29/06/2013
Quote: niceguy1
I'm of the opinion they never should have allowed 3rd party sellers. Or at least separate them more. I only want to order from Amazon itself, don't know how many times I've thought I found something and it's just a stupid 3rd party seller. I wish it would ONLY search Amazon itself, then offer a link to "Extend search to 3rd party sellers". Or have it as an option on my account.

I have thought the exact same thing before about the searching function, idk why you can't search "only amazon listings" or "extend search to 3rd party" like you mentioned... it wouldn't be hard to do so they must have some reason for it!! :/
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
#75 Posted: 02:14:51 30/06/2013
I suspect the reason they DON'T do it is to promote the third party sellers, to encourage them to list with Amazon, and so search results are more likely to get results. smilie
---
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#76 Posted: 02:16:22 30/06/2013
I contacted Amazon about the Warnado when it first came up.... They said that all of their purchases were guaranteed and if you had a problem to contact them. Which goes back to the buy and then do something. Which I have other more important things to waste 250.00 dollars on. smilie
#77 Posted: 00:27:08 01/07/2013
Sent message to this guy---thought I'd post in case anybody was interested. Starts from bottom

Hi Michael, I pulled this item because I was not able to find any information on it online..at all.

I am sure I pulled it form a chase myself but we do buy from a third party vendor and the cases are checked by them first and resealed so I am not sure if it is authentic and why there is no information on it.

It is sealed in the packaging so I am really unclear as why there is no information at this moment.

I will contact the vendor in the morning and get more information I would not feel right selling anything that I was unsure of.

Thanks Maz

--- Original message ---

Could you show me anything via activision/toys for bob--to confirm?
Thanks

On Jun 30, 2013, at 6:06 PM, MMB Unlimited - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

Yes it is real...its not any kind of repaint....these are the most limited of the gold releases and only one run of these was made. They are an activision release

--- Original message ---

Gold warnado

On Jun 30, 2013, at 1:45 PM, MMB Unlimited - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

I would love to help I need to know which character you are referring to

--- Original message ---

I'm confused about this character. I buy all the special figures. But like I said I've never heard of this one. Is this real?
Thx
---
#78 Posted: 01:38:46 01/07/2013
I sent that message saying it does not exist per this and that site--it'll be interesting what he answers back--I'll post
---
#79 Posted: 02:18:56 01/07/2013
Quote: shelly9871
Sent message to this guy---thought I'd post in case anybody was interested. Starts from bottom

Hi Michael, I pulled this item because I was not able to find any information on it online..at all.

I am sure I pulled it form a chase myself but we do buy from a third party vendor and the cases are checked by them first and resealed so I am not sure if it is authentic and why there is no information on it.

It is sealed in the packaging so I am really unclear as why there is no information at this moment.

I will contact the vendor in the morning and get more information I would not feel right selling anything that I was unsure of.

Thanks Maz

--- Original message ---

Could you show me anything via activision/toys for bob--to confirm?
Thanks

On Jun 30, 2013, at 6:06 PM, MMB Unlimited - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

Yes it is real...its not any kind of repaint....these are the most limited of the gold releases and only one run of these was made. They are an activision release

--- Original message ---

Gold warnado

On Jun 30, 2013, at 1:45 PM, MMB Unlimited - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:

I would love to help I need to know which character you are referring to

--- Original message ---

I'm confused about this character. I buy all the special figures. But like I said I've never heard of this one. Is this real?
Thx

Since you've been having a conversation, you should quote Reply #54 from this thread at him:

Quote: Chris at TFB

Hope this helps.

~Chris

He's from TFB, a.k.a. Toys For Bob, Activision's partner in releasing these games. So this reply is basically an official confirmation that there IS no Gold Warnado from Activision. You can also call attention to the original red spot in the corner of his mouth (there was another mistake, but I forget what it was).
---
#80 Posted: 03:20:30 01/07/2013
I'll do that and post reply----smilie
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#81 Posted: 10:48:30 01/07/2013 | Topic Creator
The other mistake was a bit of white paint near his tornado

AND HE'S GONE!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:51:32 01/07/2013 by Matteomax
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#82 Posted: 10:53:08 01/07/2013
nice, them!
voodood90 Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#83 Posted: 21:58:17 01/07/2013
I am the noob that created this garbage! *blasted with missiles*
---
Haters gonna hate
Bakers gonna bake
Elevators gonna elevate
#84 Posted: 10:35:49 02/07/2013
Wow, COMPLETELY removed, I get an error page now! Nicely done, all! LOL!
---
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#85 Posted: 18:04:18 08/07/2013
wow, haven't checked on him in a while, glad to see it's been totally erased!! yay teamwork!! haha smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#86 Posted: 18:30:45 08/07/2013
Waiting for it to be back again in another few days smilie jk

Congrats, everyone smilie
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
skydav Red Sparx Gems: 11
#87 Posted: 11:07:07 29/07/2013
There is nothing brand new about counterfeit merchandise. There have been hundreds of arrests already for criminals trying to import or sell the knock-off products. It's nothing new, but if one may wanted to learn more about it, check here. I think everyone should be just as cautious.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#88 Posted: 14:43:31 29/07/2013
Glad to see that we worked together towards a common goal, and probably spared some uniformed grandparent from purchasing a counterfeit Warnado.
Are we heroes? No. But did we do a good thing? Yeah, I would say "yes".

As for "Skydav" comment above ... I'm 99% sure the folks in this thread were/are indeed aware that counterfeit merchandise is nothing new. And ... that's why we took action to protect consumers in this thread. Mission accomplished.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#89 Posted: 15:47:42 29/07/2013
Love your comment Bahamutbreaker
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me