Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What do you think of cynder
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
What do you think of cynder [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9317
#51 Posted: 21:11:27 10/03/2013
Quote: Cynder_fan
Quote: Bifrost
Wait,what?

//www.darkspyro.net/dawn/gallery038.jpg

It's not even color/texture issues or plain whining,it's PROPORTIONS. You can't have your chest three times the size of your hips,not only that'd be unhealthy to most mammals that's also impratical on animals,specially a lizard.No arguments on fictional characters here,because in DOTD they pretended they wanted them to look realistic. Even counting that,you can call sexism on it since it's an allusion to a woman with a hourglass figure.
ANB Cynder can be contested because she was thin the whole way through and TEN Cynder is chubby,but I can't see how DOTD's is normal for a dragoness,just look at female fan-dragons from artists which actually look into proportions.

The official art work was terrible. This hsould have been her in DOTD:
[User Posted Image</strong><blockquote class=
" />

I don't even like the look of her there either.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#52 Posted: 21:51:49 10/03/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Bifrost
Wait,what?

//www.darkspyro.net/dawn/gallery038.jpg

It's not even color/texture issues or plain whining,it's PROPORTIONS. You can't have your chest three times the size of your hips,not only that'd be unhealthy to most mammals that's also impratical on animals,specially a lizard.No arguments on fictional characters here,because in DOTD they pretended they wanted them to look realistic. Even counting that,you can call sexism on it since it's an allusion to a woman with a hourglass figure.
ANB Cynder can be contested because she was thin the whole way through and TEN Cynder is chubby,but I can't see how DOTD's is normal for a dragoness,just look at female fan-dragons from artists which actually look into proportions.

[User Posted Image</strong><blockquote class=
" />

Atleast it's more realistic looking
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
#53 Posted: 22:13:59 10/03/2013

[User Posted Image]

The drawing in your avatar looks better to me.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#54 Posted: 22:32:27 10/03/2013
Yeah, that editing makes a lot more sense, Cynder_fan.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#55 Posted: 22:38:09 10/03/2013
I like how in the editing her mouth isn't open, because in the original it is and imo looks a little dumb.
---
but i love it all smooth
#56 Posted: 22:39:50 10/03/2013

The drawing in your avatar looks better to me.

This?
[User Posted Image]

Quote: HIR
Yeah, that editing makes a lot more sense, Cynder_fan.

Neither are mine, altough they are edited from original images
---
#57 Posted: 22:40:42 10/03/2013
Yes Cynder_fan.
#58 Posted: 03:02:57 11/03/2013
Yes Cynder_fan.

Looking back at it, I remember how I actually coloured that last image and made it purposely low Res looking for a project I did....
---
Blackhawk Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#59 Posted: 18:12:15 12/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I love Cynder. She is sexy and beautiful. I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is awesome!
---
I love Star Wars! Especially RC-1207 "Sev" <3
"I have become a shadow of my former self. I am a monster. I am a ghost. I'm a warrior from Hell..." - Me
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#60 Posted: 22:55:46 12/05/2013
Aha, and here's the only real reason you made this topic, just like most of the uncomfortably obsessive Cynder fans of the past. It's okay that you like her, but I'd suggest keeping those kinds of sentiments to yourself (or looking on different sites for others who share your...uh...feelings).

I'll admit that Cynder was the only reason I even gave LoS a chance and I liked her when she was evil (ANB) and an adorable baby murder machine (TEN). DotD...not so much. That design is all sorts of screwy from an anatomical and artistic sense, her personality was in direct conflict with previously established games, and the fans she attracted because of that design...ew. I don't even want to go into that. Her Skylanders version has redeemed the character for me and I like her well enough for being the sassy fighter I think they were going for in DotD but didn't quite get.

She's no Stealth Elf, Elora, or Sheila, but she's okay. :) It's just the creepy fetishizers and stalker fans that make an otherwise mediocre character intolerable for most.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#61 Posted: 23:01:31 12/05/2013
^Yeah the obsessed Cynder fans are the obstacle that kinda keeps me from liking Cynder the way I used to. Her character development was okay in ANB and TEN, but in DotD... she was a completely different character.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:04:51 12/05/2013 by Aura24
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#62 Posted: 00:14:30 13/05/2013
You can always just do what I do: pretend DotD didn't happen, ignore the creeper fans (or at least don't do anything that would attract their attention), and enjoy Skylanders Cynder for just being her. :D
Storm Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 295
#63 Posted: 00:16:59 13/05/2013
I was fond of the character... until DotD.

DotD ruined LoS for me. I really hate Activision, why hire some other company to finish what a different company started!?! @.@ I seriously wish The Darkest Hour came to be.. I mean, it just sounds awesome!!
---
Hero of Time~
Check my profile for where to find me~
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7921
#64 Posted: 17:16:48 13/05/2013
I hate her. Too pushy.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me