Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Classic Fan Rage [CLOSED]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#51 Posted: 21:55:45 02/12/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
Skylander fans are hardly ever rude to classic ones, but when they are I am ashamed, same with Classic fans.

Couldnt agree more
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#52 Posted: 21:59:57 02/12/2012
Oh no, I'm a Classic fan, that means I'll have a bad name for myself now, lol, not that I'm saying I have a good "name" for myself on here anyway. I'm more of a "just-passing-by" type of person here.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#53 Posted: 01:35:31 03/12/2012
Your level of activity disagrees with your "just passing by" statement. You're more of a "regular contributor." *brick'd for content Nazi-ing* x.x;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#54 Posted: 14:58:00 03/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809
Skylander fans are hardly ever rude to classic ones, but when they are I am ashamed, same with Classic fans.

Couldnt agree more

I hardly see Skylander fans here being unconstructive with their negative opinions on the old games, mostly they hang out on the Skylander forums where it most interests them.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ashleigh Ripto Gems: 3782
#55 Posted: 15:36:17 03/12/2012
Aura24 look at what they say on the fist game when you can they say some stuff there
#56 Posted: 17:43:04 03/12/2012 | Topic Creator
I saw. Now this is a new comment posted today, of a (possiby underaged) Skylanders fan flaming on the first Spyro game that he never played and simply judged it by appearance, or felt like trolling the game. Obviously never thought what would happen if he posted a comment like that, before posting it.

This was posted on the comments of the Spyro the Dragon game page.

Quote: shroomboomlover
these spyro games suck i think they suck because they are so boring i never played them before but i know they succckkkk hands down
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:54:06 03/12/2012 by Aura24
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#57 Posted: 18:56:19 03/12/2012
Quote: HIR
I really don't understand why people can hate Skylanders... especially when you consider the biggest complainers are most likely not the franchise's target audience in the first place.

Nowadays, target demographics mean nothing. And saying "THE GAME IS NOT MEANT FOR YOU" doesn't excuse it from criticism. Just saying.

I'm not saying that the people constantly bashing Skylanders fans for liking a game are right, because they aren't. But at the same time, Skylanders is just as open to criticism as any other Spyro game is. And while Spyrobeta is proof of the flaming that goes on, a lot of times, the "flaming" or "trolling" is just harsh criticism that the fans then accuse of being an attack against them.
#58 Posted: 19:36:21 03/12/2012
I guess so. It's a decent exploration/hack and slash sort of a game... but I don't find it to be my cup of tea. And I do think the sequel was a bit... underwhelming (EXCEPT FOR DAT AWESOME SOUNDTRAX). I personally hope Activision will wait for the PSFuture and Nextbox before releasing Skylanders 3.
---
Rose Tyler Gnorc Gems: 87
#59 Posted: 19:46:41 03/12/2012
Quote: Aura24
I saw. Now this is a new comment posted today, of a (possiby underaged) Skylanders fan flaming on the first Spyro game that he never played and simply judged it by appearance, or felt like trolling the game. Obviously never thought what would happen if he posted a comment like that, before posting it.

these spyro games suck i think they suck because they are so boring i never played them before but i know they succckkkk hands down

Now, I don't like Skylanders but I wouldn't bash it or its fans. But this? This just makes me mad. Who could sink so low?
#60 Posted: 19:52:49 03/12/2012 | Topic Creator
A Skylanders fan who just joined the forums and decided to troll on the Spyro games he never played. His comment I quoted above has been deleted by dark.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:57:06 03/12/2012 by Aura24
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#61 Posted: 21:01:02 03/12/2012

That is so immature, "I never played them but I know they suck hands down" Uuughhh...
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#62 Posted: 21:20:06 03/12/2012
What I love is people, especially Classic fans, complaining about Skylanders on every single game page that isn't Skylanders.

For example, the DotD page is for DotD, not "how much skylandurs suks LOL".
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:18 03/12/2012 by LevanJess
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#63 Posted: 22:31:06 03/12/2012

He is a shame to the Shroomboom name.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#64 Posted: 02:39:46 04/12/2012
Okay, I had noticed some Classic Spyro fans trolling and downright flaming users here lately who likes Skylanders, and I say, it's got to stop.

If you hate Skylanders so much that your whole life is ruined because of a game franchise you despise, don't take your anger out on the Skylander fans by trolling and belittling them all because they never played the original games, or prefer Skylanders over the originals, because doing so won't go well for you. Doing these won't make Classic Spyro come back nor will it make a difference.

Come on, guys, don't let a game series in a video game franchise cloud your judgement and let your emotions of Skylanders that you hate get the better of you.

I'll probably get flamed and accused of 'denying the truth' since I am a classic fan, but I'll speak anyway: I really haven't noticed this.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#65 Posted: 02:41:38 04/12/2012 | Topic Creator
It started happening just recently.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#66 Posted: 02:42:09 04/12/2012
Hmmmm...
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#67 Posted: 03:17:26 04/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Some classic fans got mad that a lot of people haven't played the original Spyro games by the results of the recent old Spyro polls, then started insulting and flaming users, mostly on Skylander fans, with their negative opinions on Skylanders, and think it's okay to go around and do that, even though it's against the rules.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#68 Posted: 05:53:55 04/12/2012
I did got surprised by the poll too .... 46 percent or something from respondents had not played the first game.
But the new users now are mostly coming here because of skylanders so when i think it more it really is not surprise thought , but the thing that really is bothering me is that why some of the classic fans are doing this ? Still most of the classic fans are older then skylanders fans so i really would think that they would be more reasonable , but of course no one should forget that the idiots in both sides are the little part and we should not say that "classic fans do troll all the time or skylanders fans are trolling all the time " because it is really that there is just the little group from both sides who are doing this.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#69 Posted: 08:19:08 04/12/2012
Well of course a bunch of kids wouldn't of played an old game that most likely came out before them.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#70 Posted: 21:15:34 04/12/2012
Well I have played 2 and 3 but not 1.But anyways I love skylanders and classic the most.I am not the biggest LoS fan but I still like them.But anyways I do not get bashing people for liking a certain game.The age group which most likely play ssa/sg are most likely 5/6 and up,so how are we supposed to have to played a game from the 90s.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#71 Posted: 21:21:58 04/12/2012
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: azz01
how are we supposed to have to played a game from the 90s.

To be fair, Spyro YoTD came out in late 2000. But the only reason I found it was because my brother had just gotten home from somewhere and inside his bags was Spyro YoTD. He eventually gave me the game, but that copy is broken now :c

Well I guess that is true and sorry about your game.I lost my copy but my cousin has a copy so he may let me borrow it.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
gothgirl14 Gnorc Gems: 249
#72 Posted: 21:31:03 04/12/2012
Ah geez.

This flaming and arguing sucks. Why can't people respect others' opinions?
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#73 Posted: 22:02:30 04/12/2012
Quote: gothgirl14
Ah geez.

Yea i have been saying that too. You can talk about different opinions and give criticism ,but you still have to remember to respect others opinions. Flaming is just pointless and it is making fights , because mostly when someone starts the flaming someone is going to do it back and then we are in a circle.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#74 Posted: 02:18:35 05/12/2012
he said this on spyro 1 again
shroomboomlover
haha funny this game is soo bad!!! theres nothing to do and the graphics suck hands down!!! It look like i won that argument!!!

he want's a fight I can see it
#75 Posted: 02:57:06 05/12/2012
I am not going to fight with him cause that's what he want's I will just let dark52 know what he is doing
#76 Posted: 03:14:33 05/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Shroomboomlover is a simple troll, reporting to dark52 is currently the only option.
---
#77 Posted: 03:21:41 05/12/2012
well I said some stuff to him before and i think it went well I told him to stop saying stuff to get him banned he might stop but I don't think he will
#78 Posted: 03:59:50 05/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Knowing a troll like him, he probably won't stop unless some action is taken. A Skylander fan like him is just giving other young Skylander fans here a bad rep.
---
#79 Posted: 05:21:46 05/12/2012
I've only played spyro 1 for a few minutes, the never again.
So I don't have a solid opinion of it yet, but I wouldn't say it sucks or anything *sigh*.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#80 Posted: 07:44:57 05/12/2012
Quote: ashleigh
he said this on spyro 1 again
shroomboomlover
haha funny this game is soo bad!!! theres nothing to do and the graphics suck hands down!!! It look like i won that argument!!!

he want's a fight I can see it

Go for it, just don't go too far. It looks like he needs to be taught a lesson.

*Clenches fists* I'll do it....*Punches report button*
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#81 Posted: 17:45:48 05/12/2012 | Topic Creator
shroomboomlover's trolling comment on the first Spyro game has been deleted by dark.

Quote: gothgirl14
Ah geez.

If this continues, there should be some immediate action taken instead of allowing it to escalate and become something very disruptive.

Although dark52's been deleting shroomboomlover's trolling comments on the Spyro the Dragon game page when the kid was downright flaming the game, other unconstructive comments are still around, and it may give other fans (Classic, Legend, and Skylander fans), the impression that they would be free to troll a Spyro-related game they hate in a non-constructive manner and berate its fans for a Spyro/Skylanders game the flamer despises so much, disregarding the rules to not be unconstructive and not trolling/flaming other users altogether.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:55:44 05/12/2012 by Aura24
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#82 Posted: 19:01:50 05/12/2012
It seems to be as though the die-hard, argumentative Classic Spyro fans just need somebody to argue with. Just like with the Legend of Spyro Fans versus the Classic fans a few years back. And, really, I don't think that it will ever really stop, unless somebody decides to reboot the Spyro franchise a third time.
As for shroomboomlover, the guy is just another moron crying out for attention - there's no need to give her/ him the gratification of that.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#83 Posted: 20:50:09 05/12/2012
I've only played spyro 1 for a few minutes, the never again.
So I don't have a solid opinion of it yet, but I wouldn't say it sucks or anything *sigh*.

I would recommend playing Spyro 2 or 3 as well. They're very cheap on ebay. I got Spyro 2 for $20.

But it might take 2000 years (obviously exaggerating) to ship.

Oh don't worry, I really want them too, if anything Spyro 2 GTG/RR is what I want most, I played through the whole thing one time a while ago (but never again after that because it was a rental).
But thanks for the advice, I didn't know they were cheap, maybe I should just search for them by themselves, a few months back the three games together were like $100.00 - $200.00, which I didn't have spare of. And it's been like Six years I've waited, I guess I can wait a few weeks for shipment.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#84 Posted: 21:15:32 05/12/2012
I don't like that kid.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#85 Posted: 02:07:05 06/12/2012 | Topic Creator
His comments are deleted. If more come, simply report the comments.

I sometimes question the intelligence of some fans who ignore the consequences when they outright flame/troll on fans of a Spyro-related game they hate or haven't tried out. Either they know they would be hated by fans if they continue their charade on Classic Spyro, Legend, and Skylanders games, or they simply don't care about the trolling they cause as long as their point is made known multiple times.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:16:53 06/12/2012 by Aura24
#86 Posted: 02:35:12 06/12/2012
I maintain that it's just an extremely desperate bid for attention. I've dealt poorly with a lot of bullies and I could tell that they really enjoyed it when I got mad at them for their comments. I imagine a lot of these people, on both sides, are the same way. They enjoy people responding to their comments. =_="
---
#87 Posted: 05:10:36 06/12/2012
He just want others to agree with him and be popular I think.
Like, that would totally happen, why do people want to be popular here anyway? smilie
#88 Posted: 01:03:07 07/12/2012
In case it's possible to meet a user(s) in real life? Dunno... that's my excuse. *shrug*
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#89 Posted: 15:24:33 07/12/2012
I remember when the original Skylanders was released, I got a lot of hate for not liking the looks of it. I may not of played the game (and still have not touched either Skylanders game), but I could tell there were things I wouldn't like (e.g. the lack of manual jumping in the console version showed me that the game would have too much of an automated feeling for my liking, and I could see this from all of the trailers I watched). And the toy system was also something I didn't like, and still don't. It's a shame, because the toy concept could of been MUCH better, and it could of made Skylanders the new Yu-Gi-Oh! cards or Pokémon.

My friend recently told me his little brother got a Skylanders game, so I may get a lend of it off of them. My friend says he thinks it's a very mediocre game. His tastes in gaming are pretty similar to mine, but I want to try the game myself, just to say I have tried it. I think he has the original game, and if it is and I don't like it enough, I'm never bothering with Giants or any future Skylanders games unless they undergo a huge overhaul (though I may try the 3DS version if I ever can).

I also might post a personal assessment/review of the game in the Skylanders section, if I do get to play it.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me