Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Does anyone have REAL info on Wave 3? [CLOSED]
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#51 Posted: 17:33:00 19/11/2012
Quote: Bazinga
Quote: sjones122006
Im on the east coast and went to my TRU to get my wii u this morning and they had no wave 3, I even had them check the back... One employee said it was gonna be black friday...

Just got a message from TRU, they cancelled my order for Thumpback..... Effing Fail.

i just don't see the logic behind a wave 3 release of black friday. they are already going to do huge business regardless of a wave 3 release. therefore they could do a separate wave 3 release (probably after christmas when things have slowed down) to boost business for them again. it looks better for their books as well as brings business into the store that normally wouldn't be there.

essentially my point is tru is going to be in the black throughout the holidays bigtime without a wave 3 release. save it for january or february when you need it.
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#52 Posted: 19:01:38 19/11/2012
We also have to consider certain pragmatic aspects, such as supply and distribution--two clear problems for Activision in the past. In fact, oversold orders are commonly attributed to the early Wave 2 release, and as boxes of Wave 2 figures sell and exceed expectations, it should be obvious to them to go ahead and ship the third wave in time for Christmas if they run out of stock. Last year's empty shelves were an embarrassment and revenue loss you know they don't want to see repeated.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#53 Posted: 06:39:21 20/11/2012
No way. that's what I was thinking too Tashiji. Do people really think that activision would like to make the same mistake twice? They did say that they will have a better stock this time around and that was pretty embarrassing that everyone pretty much went out to get skylanders last holiday season and all they could do is leave empty shelves for months. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought of that idea.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#54 Posted: 06:53:39 20/11/2012
You can look at it either way. I think Activision is set up better this year then they were last as far as figures go. The only one I have trouble finding is Hot Head. I was lucky enough to get him however, I have only seen about three on the shelves. I can see this going either way, Part of me says Activsion will want to get wave three before the end of the year and make their numbers look good for the fiscal year that is ending soon. However, they might want to get off to a good start in 2013 and wait.

Either way, this year I think Activision wins. Either they have a strong finish to 2012 or a strong start to 2013.
sjones122006 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1580
#55 Posted: 12:14:10 20/11/2012
Since the fiscalnyear doesn't end until February, waiting until next year would really do little benefit to the books, where as a black Friday ad would help to entice parents to buy for their kids, so unless they were gonna hold until Easter it wouldn't help the next fiscal year...
---
All SSA and SG characters and IGF, SSF wave 1 and 2 with IGF's, wave 3 cores and swappers
sandrockgundam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1265
#56 Posted: 14:20:52 20/11/2012
Not sure if this is new or not but Gamestop has the following listed on their site, nothing for sale, but they're up there nonetheless:

Lightning Rod
Shroomboom Lightcore
Prism Break
Drobot
Eye Brawl
Stealth Elf
Wrecking Ball
Eruptor
Chill Lightcore
Cynder Single
Shroomboom Regular Single
Ninjini
Pop Fizz Lightcore
Thumpback
Spyro
Triple Packs 5 thru 9
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:23:26 20/11/2012 by sandrockgundam
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#57 Posted: 15:00:11 20/11/2012
Unfortunately no, they've had them on there. Still nice of you to mention it, just in case.
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#58 Posted: 18:13:19 20/11/2012
i really hope activision doesn't repeat their mistake of withholding waves until MAY OF THE FOLLOWING YEAR, since most kids forgot about it and poor wham-shell ended up being a shelf warmer.....before becoming a scalper's wet dream

if they don't have everything out by February, they're idiots.
#59 Posted: 19:05:46 20/11/2012
I never thought wham-shell as a shelf warmer. I have only seen two on a shelf in single pack.

Activision has us by the tail. Either A: They release them fast over a few months and we buy.... or they release everything over a 6-8 month period and we buy, then release new version and rinse and repeat.

One thing they need to avoid is having empty shelves this year. I bought my S:SA in Janurary and had to wait a few weeks to even find a new character as they were out, which I am sure did lose some customers over this.
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#60 Posted: 17:50:45 21/11/2012
Here is some "real info" on wave 3:

Skylanders Battlegrounds is scheduled to receive an update on December 4th, as shown in the description of the game on the app store. This is a tuesday, traditionally the day for new video game products to be released. It is also the tuesday after the originally rumored December 2 wave 3 date.

Why would they know ahead of time to update the iOS game on Dec 4? Probably due to scheduled product release.
#61 Posted: 17:53:32 21/11/2012
You are correct that usually Tuesday is the date for new game/product releases. However, if I remember right Activision usually does their stuff on Sundays. Giants, I know that Sunburn came out on a Sunday also. So maybe December 2nd is the release date for wave 3 and they are doing the normal update on dec 4th? Who knows.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#62 Posted: 19:32:00 21/11/2012
There is no ****ing way I'm going to get any wave 3 before Christmas. smilie
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#63 Posted: 20:17:43 21/11/2012
Quote: Zing
Here is some "real info" on wave 3:

Skylanders Battlegrounds is scheduled to receive an update on December 4th, as shown in the description of the game on the app store. This is a tuesday, traditionally the day for new video game products to be released. It is also the tuesday after the originally rumored December 2 wave 3 date.

Why would they know ahead of time to update the iOS game on Dec 4? Probably due to scheduled product release.

Well played. That's really good indication. Wonder if they'll change it to hint us for wave 4 too.

As for acti doin Sundays, battlegrounds came out on Tuesday. Tho I honestly can't remember when all the skylanders came out. Guess we'll see. I'd imagine this will be the only hint we see til they're out.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#64 Posted: 21:16:54 21/11/2012
I get your point about Battlegrounds coming out on Tuesday, however the "main" skylanders if I recall came out on a Sunday. However, I could be wrong as only the big guy in the sky and activision know.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me