Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Your Top 5 Spyro Games and 5 hated
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Your Top 5 Spyro Games and 5 hated [CLOSED]
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#51 Posted: 05:35:34 11/11/2012
Skylanders was NEVER going to be a Spyro game. Apart from his own backstory, Spyro has absolutely no direct importance in the main tale whatsoever.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:35:47 11/11/2012 by Nibelilt
AndreDarx Green Sparx Gems: 297
#52 Posted: 11:05:22 11/11/2012
We could say Skylanders is like the Rabbids series fro Rayman: they started togheter in 2006 (I think?), with Rayman less recognised than before and some years later the Rabbids had their own series while Rayman continued his (Origins and so on). I don't know, maybe the same thing will happen to Spyro...but until they won't make a new "Spyro" game, I will consider the Skylanders' series just a second reboot.

Anyway,

Favourites:
1) Spyro the Dragon
2) Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
3) The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

In the middle:
1) Spyro: A Hero's Tail
2) The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
3) Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly

Hate:
1) The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night

Haven't played yet:
- All GBA, DS and 3DS games
- Spyro 2
- Spyro 3
---
Skylanders own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie + Blue Bash
Getting: smilie smilie smilie
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#53 Posted: 17:48:55 11/11/2012
Favorite:
1. Spyro the Dragon
2. Spyro Year of the Dragon
3. Spyro 2: Riptos Rage!
4. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
5. Spyro: A Hero's Tail

Least Favorite:
5. The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
4. The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
3. Skylanders
2. Spyro Shadow Legacy
1. Spyro Orange

EDIT: If I actually did my least favorites, Skylanders would be at the bottom. Like:

5. The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
4. The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
3. Spyro Shadow Legacy
2. Spyro Orange
1. Skylanders
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:51:36 11/11/2012 by Purple n Spyro
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#54 Posted: 16:29:45 14/11/2012
Favorite
- Spyro the Dragon (10/10)
- Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer (10/10)
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon (10/10)
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail (8/10)
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (8/10)
Least Favorite
- The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning (7/10)
- Spyro: Season of Ice (6/10)
- Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (6/10)
- The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (5/10)
- Spyro: Orange (4/10)

The original trilogy gets the highest scores for me, not because I'm some Classic-worshiping bigot, but because those were the games I played in my childhood.
Skylanders gets a high score because it is, overall fun. Excluding the fact Spyro plays a minor role in-game, I enjoyed it.
A New Beginning was quite good, but it could have been better. It felt too... linear.
Season of Ice was just harsh. I barely got to the first boss fight - the environments and gameplay are alright, but it was just too hard to progress through the game.
I would give Dawn of the Dragon a lower score, but then I reconsidered, because some of the environments are quite lush and well designed. But many of them are too similar...
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
EMPEROR KAOS Ripto Gems: 67
#55 Posted: 00:46:10 15/11/2012
1 Spyro: Year of The Dragon

The ONLY I have played....................................................................
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#56 Posted: 05:09:17 15/11/2012 | Topic Creator
100% agree.

That filthy, gross, horribly developed, cow flipping, money grubbing game created by those greedy cash cows Activision, is too much a disgrace to Insomniac, the original series, and the original fans.

Im seriously gonna laugh, when Toys 4 Retards goes bankrupt. They WILL deserve it.

Oh btw, i dont care if you all get all teary and sad fanboyish over this comment.
I dont care
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:11:40 15/11/2012 by spyrobeta
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#57 Posted: 05:16:02 15/11/2012
Whoa, we got another raging Classic Spyro fantard here!
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#58 Posted: 07:01:32 15/11/2012
dude, I think you overdone it just a bit smilie I respect your opinion, but it's not a fact.
#59 Posted: 07:11:19 15/11/2012
It's the usual raging of some fans who act like the original Spyro is everything to them.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#60 Posted: 07:14:52 15/11/2012
yeah, just like when the game was first revelaed, it's STILL going, for a bit longer than a year now smilie
[one time on a forum this is what I saw;
user 1: Skylanders is stupid, they ruined spyro and he looks like he got hit by a bat.
user 2: I think skylanders spyro is cute, and it is a good game if you try it!
user 3: no offense user 2, but your opinion Sucks..

like, what the? it was their opinion, so you can have a opinion but any skylander fan can't? sheeesh. but not all fans are like that, some are mature about it]
#61 Posted: 07:23:05 15/11/2012
And unfortunately, we have another candidate of a Spyro fan here who thinks classic Spyro is everything.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:56:07 15/11/2012 by Aura24
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#62 Posted: 07:48:29 15/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Seriously dont need to be crude. First of all, i was not targeting you, so back off and get over it.
Second, its my opinion, nobody cares what you think. You always go PMS on people who hate your previous Skylanders.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#63 Posted: 07:51:24 15/11/2012
Quote: spyrobeta
Seriously dont need to be crude. First of all, i was not targeting you, so back off and get over it.
Second, its my opinion, nobody cares what you think. You always go PMS on people who hate your previous Skylanders.

^Says the one who downright trolled on the users of this generation who haven't played the first Spyro game.

What complete idiots said they never played the original?

IS THERE REALLY THAT MANY PEOPLE WHO STARTED WITH SKYLANDERS OR LEGEND OF SPYRO???

Spyrobeta, you're starting to sound, and act, like those selfish classic Spyro fans who think everything revolves around what THEY want in a Spyro game, and that only your opinion matters.

I don't just play Skylanders, I have played the original Spyro games when I was little, and also played the Legend of Spyro games.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 08:20:55 15/11/2012 by Aura24
#64 Posted: 08:00:25 15/11/2012

hopefully you're not talking to ME, I said I respected your opinion.
anyway, it's just that you stated it as a fact, if you said you didn't like it, it wouldn't of sparked such a thing.
But we all make mistakes and we learn.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#65 Posted: 09:11:34 15/11/2012
Quote: Aura24
It's the usual raging of some fans who act like the original Spyro is everything to them.

Even though you're correct pointing it out every single time is equally annoying, IMO. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:11:58 15/11/2012 by Nibelilt
#66 Posted: 09:21:09 15/11/2012
I don't recall saying that 'every single time', with the exception of the 'Solo' topic in this section.

That is if you mean the amount of times I've said it in the past.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:32:58 15/11/2012 by Aura24
#67 Posted: 10:01:34 15/11/2012
probably because people say it too much like it is the newest song, except it never gets old.
but I agree everyone does have opinions, I respect peoples opinions for only liking classic, hopefully they do for 'lander fans.
BACK TO TOPIC:

likie likey:
1: Spyro a hero's tail.
2: spyro 2: GTG
3: SSA
4: TLOS: eternal night
5: ETD

I don't have any I hate, but the least I like is spyro orange.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#68 Posted: 11:16:22 15/11/2012
It's fine to state your opinion, but there's no need to go overboard about it, like it's the end of it all. It's alright to say what you liked about the old and the new, and all that sort of stuff, but there's no need to call people idiots just because people didn't play a game that you liked and enjoyed, I guess that most of the Skylander fans are kids, who are just growing up, so they probably wouldn't have had the chance to play any of the older games.
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#69 Posted: 18:00:19 15/11/2012
Fav:
The Legend of Spyro Dawn of the dragon
The Legend of Spyro the Eternal Night
The Legend of Spyro a New beggining
Skylanders
Spyro a hero's tail

Hated:
Spyro Enter the dragonfly (cause its Glitchy and Spyro is so slow and the enemys are weird but its still fun to play)
Thats it... I LOVE THEM ALL!! ♥♥♥
EVEN IF I ONLY SAID CLASSIC AS HERO'S TAIL I STILL LOVE THEM!! (the classics)
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:01:30 15/11/2012 by LegendaryFlames
#70 Posted: 21:04:54 15/11/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
It's fine to state your opinion, but there's no need to go overboard about it, like it's the end of it all. It's alright to say what you liked about the old and the new, and all that sort of stuff, but there's no need to call people idiots just because people didn't play a game that you liked and enjoyed, I guess that most of the Skylander fans are kids, who are just growing up, so they probably wouldn't have had the chance to play any of the older games.

this is an example of a good mature, classic spyro-only fan. *bows*
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#71 Posted: 07:23:16 16/11/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

this is an example of a good mature, classic spyro-only fan. *bows*

Thank you, I try to be mature, but sometimes I do slip up, I must admit.
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#72 Posted: 07:35:52 16/11/2012
What? There is still this silly arguing going on? I thought that it was already resolved. I dont see why spyrobeta must start fights with it. For example when he says he hates Acti and Skylanders, and that Classics are best and when person disagrees with him, he should just stop. I honestly dont see why he must argue with them about their opinion. They didnt attack him and they just expressed their opinion. They didnt dissrespect him or anything. Take bionicle2809 and SuperSpyroFan for example. Those are a mature Spyro fans. Now i hope you will act different in future
#73 Posted: 07:37:11 16/11/2012
If only there were a lot more mature Classic Spyro fans in the fanbase.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#74 Posted: 13:35:37 16/11/2012
Fave

Ripto's Rage
Spyro the Dragon
Year of the Dragon
A Hero's Tail
??? (Skylanders isn't Spyro, but Enter the Dragonfly wasn't very well done)

Hate

Dawn of the Dragon
A New Begining
The Eternal Night
Attack of the Rynocs
Season of Flame (or am I thinking Ice?)
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#75 Posted: 22:25:30 16/11/2012
Best:
5) Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
4) Spyro the Dragon
3) Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer
2) Spyro: A Hero's Tail
1) Spyro: Year of the Dragon

Worst:
5) Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
4) Spyro Adventure
3) Spyro Fusion
2) The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
1) Spyro: Shadow Legacy (HAAAAAAAAAAAATE)
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me